PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for blocking spammers

ZarkPain
03-28-2011, 12:29 PM
i think you guys should prevent anyone below lvl 10 to used chat and trade chat to prevent spammers and you should let the new players know that if they want to talk to people and asked question or have a conversation.. they should used "whisper" instead until they reach lvl 10 and did their rank up then they can chat out loud whenever they want...now i dont think a lot of spammers would go to lvl 10 just to spam.. if their are ppl that are going to do that at least it wont be a lot of them... i mean blocking all lvl1 char from chat and trade chat was a good idea but lvling to lvl 2 is very easy... so spammers just make their char to lvl 2 and start spamming again...

ZarkPain
03-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Also... if a person makes a new account or a new player they should have an option if either they are new to the game or they have played the game before.. if they are new to the game.. u should provide them with tutorial until they reach lvl 10 that way they wont be lost through out the game and they wont annoy other players with their "whispers"...or you could make a guild just for new users and have ppl help them out on the guild until they reach lvl 10 and if they have played the game before they should know the new rule about the chat and trade chat...

Valdoroth
03-29-2011, 06:45 AM
or just no trade chat til lvl 10.
Personally I think they should make a spam penalty. If someone spams any chat 5 times within like 10 seconds it should block them for 3 minutes. And if they do it again it blocks them for 10 minutes. That would prevent anyone from spamming alot :)
Edit: altough just the 3 minutes would work fine because the spammers could only talk for 10 seconds every 3 minutes.