PDA

View Full Version : Should EST hire more people to deal with the Help Desk

Cade
04-26-2010, 10:35 AM
Just curious what everyone's thoughts are on this. I appreciate EST listening to what we say, bringing up the servers with little downtime, and giving us fast updates. They also investigated the GA accounts and alz glitchers which was very helpful, considering OGP would have just been a big derp. The main problem in my eyes (don't flame) right now is the lack of Help Desk replies. I'm sitting at two weeks with no replies, and some people are already at 3 weeks. I understand that they are probably working hard on a new update / GA accounts / alz glitching etc, that's why I think they could spare some cash to enlist in a few new GMs to work with the help desk. I know I've sent in a lot of bot reports and a NW hacker ticket, and it doesn't help the situation if EST doesn't take care of the tickets.

At this point with such long waiting times, people are going to be discouraged in reporting any cheating at all. I don't think the GMs are really doing their part in game for deleting bots, because I have seen new ones and old ones in many places and channels. Also - many players are having billing issues, or 'unfair' account bans and they cannot even reach EST.

So another thing I ask is this; GMs- what are you working on that is taking away from other things?

Berserk_Fury
04-26-2010, 10:39 AM
Definitely not, I enjoy the extra wait time.

DVwizzy
04-26-2010, 10:39 AM
^ lolz

Incredibly Ill
04-26-2010, 10:50 AM
i agree, however, last night i was getting 30 minute responses to my help desk tickets. had a full on conversation with GM daisy to be honest. they definitely stepped it up a bit. too bad the response was pretty much like "yeah but its gonna take us a long time to deal with your particular problem, please be patient!"

fail. :(

Killermitul
04-26-2010, 11:01 AM
I Would feel like I Just won the lottery if a GM ever decided to answer my help desk ticket. I Can't even touch the game because I have the "id was already transferred" error and I'm 100% sure I'm either getting my character or I'm quitting this game.

BleedingSoul
04-26-2010, 11:08 AM
How about we get rid of all the spammers so people can use normal chat. Or ing Game Guard nobody likes it because it's trash garbage stuff.

Rage
04-26-2010, 11:42 AM
How about we get rid of all the spammers so people can use normal chat. Or ing Game Guard nobody likes it because it's trash garbage stuff.

how do you really feel?

BleedingSoul
04-26-2010, 12:31 PM
how do you really feel?

's garbage, son.

KhmerBlader
04-26-2010, 12:31 PM
I Would feel like I Just won the lottery if a GM ever decided to answer my help desk ticket. I Can't even touch the game because I have the "id was already transferred" error and I'm 100% sure I'm either getting my character or I'm quitting this game.

I already uninstalled cabal from my laptop because my 2 tickets are more than 3weeks. WTF est doing? Take forever to help with transfer issue. Alot of people would quit by the time they fix it.

sn0wXz
04-26-2010, 12:35 PM
I already uninstalled cabal from my laptop because my 2 tickets are more than 3weeks. WTF est doing? Take forever to help with transfer issue. Alot of people would quit by the time they fix it.

yes, alot would if there was actually alot having the transfer problem still, however i doubt its that high of a number, 20-30 players or something? i dont know im just throwing a random number on how many threads/ people posting in threads.

clydewins
04-26-2010, 12:37 PM
lol i got one better try giving them your money for cabal cash and have the email confirmation and no cabal cash for a week now and wont reply to forums or help desk

Sheep
04-26-2010, 12:45 PM
i agree, however, last night i was getting 30 minute responses to my help desk tickets. had a full on conversation with GM daisy to be honest. they definitely stepped it up a bit. too bad the response was pretty much like "yeah but its gonna take us a long time to deal with your particular problem, please be patient!"

fail. :(

thats exactly what they told me. that it would take a long time to "investigate" everything :(

Cade
04-26-2010, 01:02 PM
I think we are all afraid that EST will end up like OGP...I hope a GM can respond to this topic and give us all a heads up.

Although at least they keep in good contact over the forums, actually log in in game. They just seem to lack epically in the help desk department.

YumCookies
04-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Forum mods and people who just dedicate their lives to replying to HD tickets ^_^

BleedingSoul
04-26-2010, 01:04 PM
I only think we're looking at the topics they haven't answered. You guys have to understand that once your topic gets answered you're more inclined to go play insted of posting that it got answered on forums.

Cade
04-26-2010, 01:13 PM
I only think we're looking at the topics they haven't answered. You guys have to understand that once your topic gets answered you're more inclined to go play insted of posting that it got answered on forums.

A good point, but what about individual cases [billing] and bot/hacker reports? Those aren't generalized problems at all.

BleedingSoul
04-26-2010, 01:16 PM
A good point, but what about individual cases [billing] and bot/hacker reports? Those aren't generalized problems at all.

Doesn't matter what they are, how many posts do you see that have "Yeah! Help Desk banned all the botters I reported!" I'm 100% sure that happens on a daily basis, but nobody posts about it. Also, how many problems can you get that have to do with billing..?

Cade
04-26-2010, 01:23 PM
Doesn't matter what they are, how many posts do you see that have "Yeah! Help Desk banned all the botters I reported!" I'm 100% sure that happens on a daily basis, but nobody posts about it. Also, how many problems can you get that have to do with billing..?

Well from OGP, I can't even count how many problems my friends and I had with them. Not sure about EST yet. And if it really takes 2-3 weeks to look at a bot report ticket, nothing is getting done. Considering the fact that bots shouldn't even be here as much as they are with a good anti hack tool and GMs shouldn't have to rely on their players to clean them up.

Although the fact is, we should expect a professional company to post solutions- as they have been. They aren't going to give a golden ticket (no pun) to one random person that sent a help desk in, and not expose that to the community if many people experience the same problem.

And they have kept us updated with solutions which is cool. But for the ones that are un-answered; They aren't getting answered at all in tickets either.

BleedingSoul
04-26-2010, 01:26 PM
You're true, i'm just saying there's probably another side.

Anyway, there's a spam bot outside ch 5 Bloody Ice near the portal. They're really getting out of control. Soon they're going to be spamming shout, as well as normal and trade.

Cade
04-26-2010, 01:51 PM
You're true, i'm just saying there's probably another side.

Anyway, there's a spam bot outside ch 5 Bloody Ice near the portal. They're really getting out of control. Soon they're going to be spamming shout, as well as normal and trade.

Yeah I agree with you there.

Haha remember the old old days when shout had tons of spammers? That really ed. Dude this is epic off topic, but what happened to Reaper? That merc blader

BleedingSoul
04-26-2010, 01:54 PM
I heard he swapped it for a Venus FA or something. The FA was retarded, a 16x titianium wielder for a 170 FA is such a garbage trade.

Eternal Darknes
04-26-2010, 02:22 PM
I think they should hire more devs and get more servers and pass the support tickets onto responsible users and a few community managers.

daisyslayer
04-26-2010, 03:02 PM
[GM]Daisy makes me wait almost 2 weeks per help desk ticket and gives me the same ing retarded response everytime its ridiculous.

KhmerBlader
04-26-2010, 08:57 PM
[GM]Daisy makes me wait almost 2 weeks per help desk ticket and gives me the same ing retarded response everytime its ridiculous.

+1

same happened to me and i think to everyone too.

Cade
04-27-2010, 09:25 AM

That's just as bad as how OGP dealt with things, I hope this isn't the case for all tickets. I don't understand why EST is doing great on fixing glitches, up keeping maintenance, listening to forumers, etc...yet they can't sort out their help desk.

Yngwie21
04-27-2010, 02:48 PM
They just dont respond to me lol. ill post what they sent me off my first 2 help desk tickets... I have 4 in now and its been 3 weeks so yeah. ~Ch33rs!

Dear Tucker-Wilson,

This is Support Team.

Please find answers to your submitted ticket as below.
If you feel this is not so helpful to resolve your issue, please submit a new ticket again with more detailed information, so we can support you more.

==================================================
*Your ID: 1lmqFORALLTIME
*Submitted Time: 10:06 04/13/2010
==================================================
*Subject: Help Desk #2
--------------------------------------------------
*You wrote

Hey guys!<br> Well it's been over a week and I'm still waiting for even just a response. I was if you're on your way to responding to my ticket or haven't read it yet. It says ticket opened but it's said that since the day I sent it. Anyways, a response of some kind would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and patience. Have a good day.

--------------------------------------------------
*[GM] CoCoBall wrote

Dear, Yngwie21

I am very sorry for the late answer.

Apparently, your OGP account 'Yngwie21' has NOT BANNED, and it's transferable.
Your 6 characters in Mercury; including SirCritsAlot are safe. (nice name, btw :D)
So to enjoy CABAL again, please make another ESTsoft account with another e-mail account, because you can use only one e-mail account to activate one EST account.
After making a new account, try to transfer your OGP account again. Then you probably will have no problem with it.

And please tell your friends who get banned unfairly, send a ticket by themselves.
That will be much appreciated.

Again, Thank you for your patience, and we will do our best to help you out.
If there is any inconvenience, don't hesitate to report us.

Thank you!

Sincerely yours, [GM] CoCoBall

Yngwie21
04-27-2010, 02:49 PM
but if they hire more people to help with help desk wont that spread to letting them help with other stuffs? Then wont we have another GA problem on our hands? Dunno how I feel about that.....

Cade
04-27-2010, 05:19 PM
but if they hire more people to help with help desk wont that spread to letting them help with other stuffs? Then wont we have another GA problem on our hands? Dunno how I feel about that.....

Not GAs, I mean hiring more G.Ms as in an actual workers, not players.

kronos1980
04-27-2010, 05:49 PM
Well.............................................. ..............Its been more than 3 weeks for my tickets. I just want to know what happened to my account. The transfer was messed up. I just want a reply.

N2TheEther
04-27-2010, 09:48 PM
i agree they need more help there are alot of persistent issues that have not been addressed, basic stuff like ppl not being able to login, sign up, and even download the flippin est version of the client.
game guard is such a memory hog that it is creating unnecessary lag, as well as the bots/alz sellers that cause bottleneck traffic. ppl are getting no responses from help tickets and other players are trying to help as much as they can in technical issues thread because it is left unattended by the staff. add the fact that people have resorted to necroing their own threads just to keep their posts from being lost in the massive amounts of technical issues posted daily.
its getting ridiculous, almost to the point they need to just revert back to CB to make sure everything runs smoothly, seriously. its frustrating as all get out.

tomaboy
04-28-2010, 04:12 AM
Sent in a HD about Guild warehouse still being bugged before turning in last night. Woke up this morning and already had a response. =P

Yngwie21
04-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Probably because you were asking them about a problem involving the community and not just yourself and your own account.... >.> Blast. Why cant my account affect the entire community, both Merc and Venus? Then I'd have a response.

N2TheEther
04-28-2010, 04:51 PM
Probably because you were asking them about a problem involving the community and not just yourself and your own account.... >.> Blast. Why cant my account affect the entire community, both Merc and Venus? Then I'd have a response.

honestly i am beginning to wonder if the forums are just for our venting pleasure and to give praise to the item mall...things that make you go ..hmmm