PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the actual size of the Cabal world.

YumCookies
04-26-2010, 05:54 PM
What does everyone currently think about it? Too small? Too big? Just right? What if the Cabal world was something massive such as aion, WoW, SRO etc?

Marth
04-26-2010, 05:56 PM
I would love it more if it was bigger. It would make the game more appealing in my opinion. Although, for those who dont have warp or a bike, walking would really be a pain in the azz.

Enigma
04-26-2010, 05:59 PM
The fact that's small means that there are less things to do. Add that with the gameplay that is avaiable, end game or not, the game begins to lose appeal over time.

WIpwns
04-26-2010, 06:02 PM
lol i think lid is as big as gd o.o

chaosomega
04-26-2010, 06:10 PM
in msn valdoroth tells me he waste his free time to draw a map of the world of cabal ROFL

Valdoroth
04-26-2010, 06:11 PM
yea its current version is under the pics section of the forums fool

DVwizzy
04-26-2010, 06:18 PM
bigger would be nice.. bigger as in more, slightly larger maps.. not one huge map.. unless there were free warps all over.. but more slightly larger maps would be great.. with towns and stuff :D

WIpwns
04-26-2010, 06:19 PM
we should be able to dash/blink inside towns xD, i hate walking =(

DVwizzy
04-26-2010, 06:25 PM
^ maybe if towns were bigger.. some towns in guild wars are the size of our maps lol i could so see blinking / dashing then..

CNJRP
04-26-2010, 06:25 PM
I would like the maps to be increased about 20% in size and have 2-3 "hidden" maps which are not required to progress in the game. Perhaps have a series of difficult quests or goals in order to get one of the maps.

WIpwns
04-26-2010, 06:29 PM
we should have an action house in every map =D

...-.-

CNJRP
04-26-2010, 06:34 PM
we should have ah in every map =D

I would like an "auction house" which really is an auction house.

Fishy
04-26-2010, 06:35 PM
we should have ah in every map =D

+100000000 this would definitely get rid of the overcrowding in Bloody Ice >.>

GuardianPat
04-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Too small. We need more maps to expand the world. Dungeons dont count when you can't get the entry and run it..

@above: I think they should have AH in each starter town, GD, DS and BI (already there). Pro is everyone can access it when start a new character. BI will lag less. Con is the number of ad bots will increase more. You have to check more town instead of one.

YumCookies
04-26-2010, 06:36 PM
I wonder if Cabal 2 is going to have a massive world map...

WIpwns
04-26-2010, 06:37 PM
lol

Valdoroth
04-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Yea the map size is limiting, but they probably wont add anything that significant to this version of Cabal. Maybe in 2 if it is indeed being made. We can help give our input on ideas for it though :)

xHalibelx
04-26-2010, 06:40 PM
I'd really like it if the maps were as big as sro, and aion. It gives u more interaction with people and better use of parties etc. But, that being said there would have to be very few, if not, just 1 channels. and we all know that can get super frustrating when trying to lvl and what not. But bigger maps would be sweet, no more warps pl0x!

tomaboy
04-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Yeah having an AH in each map would be nice. I know in Aion you have one in Eltnen and Herion and Vereton(SP?)(I don't think Theobomos has one...but I quit so long ago I don't really remember xD)

Aion's maps are too large IMO...if Cabal's maps were about half the size of the Aion ones I think it would be a nice balance.

+1 on town size...it's so cramped lol....

Either that or just combine maps...

Green Despair, Desert Scream, Bloody Ice=One Map

Port Lux, Fort Ruina=One Map

Undead Ground, Forgotten Ruin=One Map(just because UG has so much running space lol)

Lakeside, Mutant Forest, Pontus Ferrum=One map(imagine all the boss fights)

imaNinja
04-26-2010, 06:44 PM
i hope they fix war map so i dont run into something when im walking in the middle of the stairs.

EterNity
04-26-2010, 06:53 PM
LiD

http://i39.tinypic.com/b61vts.jpg

GuardianPat
04-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Yeah having an AH in each map would be nice. I know in Aion you have one in Eltnen and Herion and Vereton(SP?)(I don't think Theobomos has one...but I quit so long ago I don't really remember xD)

Aion's maps are too large IMO...if Cabal's maps were about half the size of the Aion ones I think it would be a nice balance.

Undead Ground, Forgotten Ruin=One Map(just because UG has so much running space lol)

Yeah I agree.
If combine maps, it would be nice to have "transition" maps. Would be weird if we are from DS and there is already snow when coming to BI.

WIpwns
04-26-2010, 07:06 PM
u made that ET O.o

EterNity
04-26-2010, 07:07 PM

They just need to make our town as big as Sanctum in Aion...

Valdoroth
04-26-2010, 09:03 PM

Well if you want to be realistic, GD is on a different continent as DS and BI. DS and BI are both on Huan, DS is the Southwest section and BI resides in the far Northeast. But definitely making them bigger would be amazing, however it would take longer to load the maps when logging on. If they had it big enough, the main maps could actually have several outposts in which to access your bank and merchants. With the major outposts having warps at.

The maps in current cabal are too drastic of change between them when transporting from one to the other. Each continent should be made up of like 3-4 maps in which you can travel btwn (and by that I mean the terrain matches close to the actual neverath map. The island places like Port Lux and Fort Ruina would obviously have warps like currently.

I kinda liked that one dude's idea of several 'hidden' maps, but you could just change them to be smaller areas like one leads from port lux (the island way up north between the two continents) to a large bay, or one in fort ruina ( a large archipelago and main island south of the continent Pasture) leads to an old city (which could also have a side warp at the far side to pontus ferrum)

I also notice that on the map, there are several large rivers (which dont exists anywhere in cabal) and mountain peaks. There is only a couple maps with real mountains, and they aremainly the background (forgotton ruins and lakeside are all that come to mind). Personally, the idea of crossing a couple bridges over rivers would be fun and look beautiful as well as be an excellent location to take that cool screen shot of your character geared up or costumed.

Aside from the maps, I think the boards and bikes should be sped up to make them equal to (boards) and faster than (bikes) dashing around everywhere. Then they serve more purpose than a few bonus stats and cool looks.

As has been mentioned several times before, they should develope a new nation war map, and/ or fine tune our current one for more mobility and not running into things.

All in all, if the rumor of Cabal 2 is true at all, they should incorporate much larger maps.

(O^_^)===O (X_Xo)
04-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Make the Agent Shop aka "Auction House" accessible in the war channel o.O
I think MF also have mountains or what can be consider mountains or foot hills.

krider
04-26-2010, 10:21 PM
why do all of you want larger maps? How many of you actually utilize the majority of the already small maps?

Fishy
04-26-2010, 11:15 PM
i think it'd add more to the adventure, maybe even have hidden bosses littered throughout, even in the noob terrains that only appear at certain day and times....or hidden free play dungeons that are meant more for good exp runs but dont have titles or attachments and slightly alright drops. and find some way to link LID and Lakeside together since its obvious they're right in the same area, and i think it'd be bomb to be able to free explore LiD but with tougher monsters

Trouvo
04-27-2010, 02:17 AM
i like the fact that the map isnt epic in size lol
I like the idea of hidden maps and would also like to see new maps or at the very least a way that you could revisit old maps but the monsters be a lvl equivalent to yours so that you can grind anywhere you like and not just ls mf or pf....gets tiring killing the same thing over and over and over. But if we could go back and kill old monsters that were tougher? like fighting red garlies as strong as the minotaurus in ls3, not only would it be a little funny but also have a little nostalgia and options for a different scenery.
still more maps tho....and new creatures....everything just seems to be an evolution of something else

Suterusu
04-27-2010, 04:36 AM
way to small they need to expand it, more monsters/bosses

YumCookies
04-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Bumps

inkeh
04-28-2010, 06:24 AM
I would like the maps to be increased about 20% in size and have 2-3 "hidden" maps which are not required to progress in the game. Perhaps have a series of difficult quests or goals in order to get one of the maps.

Finish FT B2F solo. =/

Suterusu
04-28-2010, 09:29 AM
more maps ftw o.o

ceyenne
04-28-2010, 01:50 PM
For some people size does matter. For others its ok to be smaller as long as the "graphics" are better. Personally I prefer a equal blend of great "graphics" and a larger size.

BleedingSoul
04-28-2010, 02:12 PM
For some people size does matter.

That's what she said!

N2TheEther
04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
i like the smaller map sizes, i just wish we had more channels. perhaps the lag wouldnt be so bad :(