PDA

View Full Version : Need assistance creating a guide from t4+t5 players

Valdoroth
05-16-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm compiling info, tactics, strategies, and the lot to make a large guide on t4/5 wars. Too many newer players need to learn how to play in these two higher tiers since they're much different. Preferably people that have played 2+ years with older war experience since they know and have seen all the changes over time and know what works best.
War is the same thing as it used to be, only main difference is that alot of how we used to play it is different and not fun at all (one side wins by large margin almost every war).
I've already had a couple people give me some info
I'll add you to the credit list at the start of the guide.

Any info at all is nice, be it whole nation strategies to pointers and tips for certain classes.

Thanks!

--- Valdoroth Kai

Edit: please mail me the info/ tips/ etc. I'm deployed so that is easier for me.

Rastan
05-16-2011, 06:56 AM
use teamwork or lose.....

/guidecreated

(O^_^)===O (X_Xo)
05-16-2011, 07:56 AM
need builders to win, but having builders doesnt guarantee a "win"- applies to t4 where no one will build nowadays least on proc side

Valdoroth
05-16-2011, 08:33 AM
time on you hands lol?
I'm current;y deployed. So yes. And I forgot to add: please pm me the info so as to not bog down the general forum. Though I can add from this when I get a chance to check it. my internet is slow here in Iraq so i takes longer to check through the forums than my inbox. :)

Ludacris
05-16-2011, 09:12 AM
T4/5 players shouldnt need "guides". they should already know how to war by the time they reach these tiers.

cadacus_ater
05-16-2011, 10:47 AM
1] brolic is right. 2] nobody uses teamwork anymore, everyone is selfish in the race to see who can get the highest points. 3] people need to build, thats the ultimate cause of loss nowadays it seems.

+1

Though there are times when you don't even need to build if the opponent is fooling around/too weak. I've seen a number of wars in T5 where the opposing nation got crushed and not one tower was built by the winning nation.

SilentM
05-16-2011, 10:53 AM
T4/5 players shouldnt need "guides". they should already know how to war by the time they reach these tiers.
Keyword "SHOULD." You know how many people go to t4/5 and don't even know how to make a tower on a base? How many people just take whatever base is next and hope they win that way. Or take so long at small bases that when the other nation has most of the map already, they just spawn at base and go take MORE small bases.
Yeah hi, we just had some noob in T5 post about a "hacking WA" with "SOD" debuff. He thought a lag glitch was a "hack"....IN T5!
There are so many people in higher tiers that STILL don't know how to war it's ridiculously sad. Tier 4 procs are so bad, that they had a global that thinks alpha and omega are "the most important bases in war" as a bringer.
You really think if we didn't have this problem Val would be offering to do something like this?
I blame this problem on the lower tiers being called. Most lower tier wars are just one sided called games (especially thanks to farmers), so newer players never learn how to war and don't know what to do in a tier where not all the wars are called.

Ludacris
05-16-2011, 11:06 AM
war war war, only way ppl are going to learn is through experience, not some guide.

Chippo
05-16-2011, 11:08 AM
A balance of pushing, building, scouting, defending, distracting, and communicating often determines a war's outcome.

1. Pushing
This part is what everyone likes to do, but many players start with no solid plan and split up trying to capture as many bases as they can first.
A more seasoned approach to this would be: pick one or two medium bases or a large one and swarm it with full force.

2. Building
In order to ensure a steady and swift flow of reinforcements, one must start building a Resurrection Tower asap.
Make sure a couple of party members of the builder stays with the builder in case the other side's scouts find the builder.

3. Scouting
Any class could be a scout, but a wiz is the best choice because of the high mobility.
Consistently interrupt the other side's builder or builders until your side's bases have been established.

4. Defending
Keep in mind where key rez's or warps are located and defend those.
Repair any damaged towers by selecting one and pressing R. (R key is the default repair button.)

5. Distracting
When the war is any side's game, send a couple of decoys to enemy's empty areas, such as their ensign or bases without rez towers.
Also keep trying to take down the other side's rez towers to reduce its number of reinforcements.

6. Communicating
Check the war map (press M or hold Tab key) regularly, at least every 5 seconds at the most.
Notify your side to ignore decoys and help defend or push.

These are all I can think of for now. :P

Ludacris
05-16-2011, 11:11 AM
brolic who taught u how to record so good :O

i learned through experience ;)

A balance of pushing, building, scouting, defending, distracting, and communicating often determines a war's outcome.

1. Pushing
This part is what everyone likes to do, but many players start with no solid plan and split up trying to capture as many bases as they can first.
A more seasoned approach to this would be: pick one or two medium bases or a large one and swarm it with full force.

2. Building
In order to ensure a steady and swift flow of reinforcements, one must start building a Resurrection Tower asap.
Make sure a couple of party members of the builder stays with builder in case the opponent scouts find the builder.

3. Scouting
Any class could be a scout, but a wiz is the best choice because of the high mobility.
Consistently interrupt the other side's builder or builders until your side's bases have been established.

4. Defending
Keep in mind where key rez's or warps are located and defend those.
Repair any damage towers by selecting one and pressing R. (R) key is the default repair button.

5. Distracting
When the war is any side's game, send a couple of decoys to enemy's empty areas, such as their ensign or bases without rez towers.
Also keep trying to take down the other side's rez towers to reduce its number of reinforcements.

6. Communicating
Check the war map (press M or hold Tab key) regularly, at least every 5 seconds at the most.
Notify your side to ignore decoys and help defend or push.

These are all I can think of for now. :P

when u have 6v6s in t5, none of that is really needed.

Chippo
05-16-2011, 11:17 AM

true. venus' t5 needs to be re-populated. ><
there's a 3 vs. 3 war happening atm. lol

chainlock
05-16-2011, 11:20 AM

My first war I was level 172. If not for being in vent I wouldn't have had a clue about what was going on.

Takimaru
05-16-2011, 11:25 AM
I think all is needed to know about nw is how to get to certain places in the least amount of time, and communication I guess

SilentM
05-16-2011, 12:09 PM
war war war, only way ppl are going to learn is through experience, not some guide.

My first war I was level 172. If not for being in vent I wouldn't have had a clue about what was going on.

Thank you. That was going to be my other point. More and more people now are avoiding war until higher tiers. Either that, or like I said, they don't get real war experience from the lower tiers, or they just buy some character and start off in T5.
Very few people have good war experience anymore, and not everyone learns from experience as is obvious by the amount of noobs that continue to make the SAME mistakes war after war. Guides are useful in filling in some of the blanks and teaching the basics at least. However, the most unfortunate part is that the people who would need it the most, will probably never see it.

gary055
05-16-2011, 12:30 PM
True . Familiarizing with basics of NW will give you confidence . I farm the lower tiers >< . And its not always so one-sided . People are told to help defend/push though to no avail . lol

Ludacris
05-16-2011, 12:37 PM
Thank you. That was going to be my other point. More and more people now are avoiding war until higher tiers. Either that, or like I said, they don't get real war experience from the lower tiers, or they just buy some character and start off in T5.
Very few people have good war experience anymore, and not everyone learns from experience as is obvious by the amount of noobs that continue to make the SAME mistakes war after war. Guides are useful in filling in some of the blanks and teaching the basics at least. However, the most unfortunate part is that the people who would need it the most, will probably never see it.

at the end of the day people are going to learn only by actually being in war.

SilentM
05-16-2011, 01:30 PM

Guides are useful in filling in some of the blanks and teaching the basics at least.

Don't give every player that much credit. I'm not arguing that a guide is going to give someone all the knowledge and experience they would learn by warring for x amount of time. I certainly didn't learn everything I know about war by reading guides, but ET's guide did help fill in some blanks that not even I knew before.
The point is, there are people SO HORRIBLE at war that they lack the BASICS even at tier 4/5.
That goes to show that if they have been warring in all the tiers before those, those tiers STILL didn't teach them anything, or they just didn't care to learn anything. Either they didn't learn because all they do is mindlessly kill things (which happens to be the case for most noobs these days) or, as other people have said, only care about themselves/their score/getting 30 and leaving.
Not EVERYONE goes to war willing to learn everything there is to learn in order to win. I've dealt with so many noobs who haven't warred for sh*t, but think they know everything so they never learn how to war. They'll just go and do their own thing. It's NATION war not ONE person war. That's the main point that so many people, no matter HOW many times they go to war, MISS because they care too much about entering for wexp and leaving. So just because you and any other good/old player you know has gone to war and actually cared to learn how to win, doesn't mean that every fob, noob, and new player have done the same thing.

Ludacris
05-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Don't give every player that much credit. I'm not arguing that a guide is going to give someone all the knowledge and experience they would learn by warring for x amount of time. I certainly didn't learn everything I know about war by reading guides, but ET's guide did help fill in some blanks that not even I knew before.
The point is, there are people SO HORRIBLE at war that they lack the BASICS even at tier 4/5.
That goes to show that if they have been warring in all the tiers before those, those tiers STILL didn't teach them anything, or they just didn't care to learn anything. Either they didn't learn because all they do is mindlessly kill things (which happens to be the case for most noobs these days) or, as other people have said, only care about themselves/their score/getting 30 and leaving.
Not EVERYONE goes to war willing to learn everything there is to learn in order to win. I've dealt with so many noobs who haven't warred for sh*t, but think they know everything so they never learn how to war. They'll just go and do their own thing. It's NATION war not ONE person war. That's the main point that so many people, no matter HOW many times they go to war, MISS because they care too much about entering for wexp and leaving. So just because you and any other good/old player you know has gone to war and actually cared to learn how to win, doesn't mean that every fob, noob, and new player have done the same thing.

its also the players' choice to decide if they want to learn to war or not. not everyone is going to be on the same page to try and win. yeah some players do try, and other just go to war for 30/honor. both sides have those players, but oh well. nothing can be done about that. point is with a guide or not, it isnt going to change a thing.

Assimilation
05-16-2011, 01:52 PM
It's Nation War; A portion of a game. It isn't srsbsns.

Assimilation
05-16-2011, 02:41 PM
its probably like the only thing people do in game considering its CABAL!!!

Lmao, probably. I hardly play anymore myself. Kind of like a half quit, but yeah.

Anyways, ignorance, stupidity, and retardation runs deep in this game. The people in war will not bother reading this. They disregard what you say DURING the actual war, so what gives you even the slightest idea that they'll listen to a guide? They're always going to do what they want to do and that's all there is to it. You're not gonna change that... I wouldn't even waste your time trying. Just live with the fact that Nation War is like a gamble. You win some, you lose some.

Now, don't get me wrong, if there is a good set strategy in place and the opposing side doesn't have a way to bust that wide open and exploit it, then yeah. You're gonna dominate and basically control that tier, but how often do you see that happening? Minus when you have a group together like Tang did in T5 and were able to manage a good solid portion of the war with their guild alone. If you can't form a good, solid group to lead the idiots and kind of outweigh their stupidity; You're screwed.

So, for those of you out there who think NW is srsbsns... just stop. It's a game. Enjoy it for what it is: A Game - A form of entertainment. Go to NW, enjoy slaughtering the opposing nation and consider the win as a bonus to the whole thing. Other than that, don't worry about it... There is no reason to create such a hype over pixels on a damn screen. Srsly.

xXCrusadeXx
05-16-2011, 03:12 PM

I think the new tier system may be partially to blame. They are all unique in their own way and I guess many people either bad habits in like t1/t2 and dont learn by the time they level up. Havent been to lower tiers in forever, but I assume players go from base to base farming guardians (correct me if im wrong) without much strategy.

Oh and you cant forget EST made it easier for people to show up, do nothing, and reap some WExp. If minimal effort is required to get a reward, not many would bother with the learning process.

blockie
05-16-2011, 07:43 PM
There are so many people in t4 war that can't even get 50 points. It makes me want to cry or uninstall the game for them =[

Seriously, its common sense to know that you need to get decent gear/help build(atleast) if you can't even score a decent score...what do these globals do all day??? Wait for war and su.ck at it? lol

But on topic, I always thought NW was common sense when you play it a few times.

Greedy
05-16-2011, 08:56 PM
lol this thread actually has 4 pages.

Xiju
05-16-2011, 08:58 PM
1. make a wi named oxio
2. farm t3 forever and get get 63k kills
3. profit

Valdoroth
05-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I understand that experience is the best key, but if people don't know how to war right, they're getting the wrong experience. Think of it like working out. If you work out the muscles wrong everyday, you will not get stronger, in fact you'll end up hurting yourself. So with a little guidance and training of techniques, you can work out properly and become stronger without injuring your muscles. Simlar concept.

lordforceblader
05-19-2011, 09:22 PM
this thread must not get spammed by me :D

beslosion
05-19-2011, 09:53 PM
1. make a wi named oxio
2. farm t3 forever and get get 63k kills
3. profit

Oks I'll give it a try

YumCookies
05-20-2011, 09:03 AM
Another essential skill in war is the knowledge of when to run away... I won't go into detail about it since it'll probably be a tl;dr thing but yeah... People need to learn how to run and heal instead of just fighting a battle they won't win.

lordforceblader
05-20-2011, 08:06 PM
must...
not...
spam....

LackofABetterName
05-21-2011, 08:43 AM
i learned through experience ;)

Multi-tasking!