PDA

View Full Version : Launcher issues, with pics :)

bigbucket89
05-19-2011, 10:09 PM
So I was a cabal player from a while back and quit the game. my old account is not active anymore so started a new one but i would like to start playing again. The issue is that i installed the game properly and when i start the launcher it says this.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ntziie.jpg

I have not even been able to get into the game or get past this part. i have reinstalled the game 3 times and have even redownloaded it in case of a corrupt file during download. i cannot get past this screen and am stuck. any advice is welcome.

sn0wXz
05-19-2011, 11:42 PM
So I was a cabal player from a while back and quit the game. my old account is not active anymore so started a new one but i would like to start playing again. The issue is that i installed the game properly and when i start the launcher it says this.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2ntziie.jpg

I have not even been able to get into the game or get past this part. i have reinstalled the game 3 times and have even redownloaded it in case of a corrupt file during download. i cannot get past this screen and am stuck. any advice is welcome.

Do you have a anti virus program, or firewall on? I would add exceptions for cabal folder or try to disable the anti virus program/firewall as it could be blocking the updater from accessing the internet properly. Its not going to be a corrupt file issue, its just because the ability for the updater to communicate and download the files necessary before launch.

bigbucket89
05-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Well thank you for the advice. But I tried starting the launcher with my virus/firewall turned off and the same thing happens.

sn0wXz
05-20-2011, 11:20 AM
submit ticket to GM if you would like to make official inquiry and receive response from GM.

http://www.cabal.com/Support/HelpDesk

Also on a second note i would say there is way to test if its services/programs like firewalls or anti virus, by using proxy on the updater before you launch; this will test if you can download the update information with alternate IP from inside usa, or if its a more widespread problem with your pc as a firewall/anti virus blocking specific programs would be inherent over any changing of IP..

there is a few different issues that can include that \\\"failed to download server information\\\" from the past experience i have had helping on forums, most of the time it is anti virus/firewalls, but there is also problem with specific ISP or IPs that attempt to connect to the server and cannot even log in, or view the main website, they also experience the failed to connect to server, so its an ambiguous message really, and troubleshooting may shed more light on whats causing it; however if you wish just wait it out untill GM responds to your help desk ticket, you just check the tickets status on the cabal.com page in ticket history section for an answer when the GM responds and closes the ticket.

note: its not a perferred method of connecting to the launcher with a proxy, its only if you are having problems with your connection, have submitted help desk ticket so they are aware that you are seeking help and making efforts to resume normal connection; but it can be useful in identifying the problem for example; if you were to proxy the launcher and download the information fine you could then point your help desk ticket in that direction asking if there is problem with your ISP and the servers communication...

once you get the ticket submitted, it should start the ball rolling towards fixing the problem.

nvious
05-29-2011, 03:41 PM
just a shot in the dark but have you tried reseting your router... its something that has worked for me in the past on that problem

bigbucket89
07-02-2011, 05:36 PM
Sorry for the long responce. I was away for some time. but it is not my Firewall that is the issue. and I do not know how to use a proxy to attempt to start the Cabal launcher. I am from the USA and i should not have any IP bans because of my location that i know of

bigbucket89
07-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Oh and I went to help desk and it seems that last time they sent me a reply it was almost identical to what was written here before they replied.

SilverIceForum
07-02-2011, 08:41 PM
It been a while I seen this error. Can't find the threads about it, so probably all of them are from OGP days I remember. It involved deletion of 1 or 2 config or a .dll file like the eng_imgrepository.dll error thing. You might try first right clicking the Cabal icon and selecting "Run As Administrator" if you are running on Vista/Win7 unlike WinXP needing only have to be logged in as an Admin Account, programs in Vista/7 needing Admin Privledges to run need to be specifically allowed to run in Admin State, like running a command in "sudo" (super user do) mode in Linux. If the game is installed in C:\Program Files folder you need Admin rights to write to any sub-directory underneath it.

bigbucket89
07-05-2011, 09:13 PM
actually i am on windows XP. my system meets the system requirements for best quality graphics so i'm assuming thats not the problem.