PDA

View Full Version : So EST..This is getting outta hand.

monkeymn6192
05-31-2011, 02:34 PM
I've sent in several help tickets regarding this delay/dc issue my brother's account keeps having. We've used the same laptop and internet and somehow my account runs perfectly fine. I have my war character on his account so I constantly switch to his account to do wars. However, I can't war because the character gets delayed far out of hand. Sometimes I'll have a delay for about 40 secs. Sometimes for 3 secs. Either way, I can't war or even do anything for that matter cause of it. I sent in the first ticket and they gave me a list of things I should check into. I deleted my antivirus software after I ran a scan and found nothing. I made sure my firewall didn't conflict with Cabal and even redownloaded the client since I still had the one back from OGP. My ping is perfectly fine with a ping time to yahoo at an average of 5ms. I ran the tracert command in command prompt like they told me to do having 2 locations with 1ms or less between the two. After my laptop recently died, I got a new one with 6 times more RAM than what I had before. I've only downloaded Cabal onto this laptop and it runs with a i5 processor at 2.3 gHz. With this new laptop, I really shouldn't be experiencing any game play issues because of my end unless it involved my internet connection. However this account runs perfectly fine while my brother's account with my war character on it is constantly dcing and delaying. I'm getting pissed that I can't war and my NW rank is suffering from this. Its been going on for several months now (in fact...since school started). I'm hoping to hear a reply to my help ticket in a timely manner.

SilverIceForum
06-01-2011, 12:04 AM
So you are trying to run on a laptop? The i5 is probably running on an Intel chipset I am suspecting, and is the one you having trouble with. Assuming by your description there is only the one computer we are talking about. So I am going to assume several things listed as where the trouble might be lying at worst to least worst.

1) Intel chipset board that processor is set into, thinking you might have an Intel Mobile Graphics chip. On a laptop due to the amount of BIOS and windows power regulation control of cpu and gpu throttling an Intel Mobile gpu rrrreally won't cut it. If you are running even a Mobile or Express variant of an nVidia or ATI gpu with at least 256mb discreet vid memory you probably won't run into a lot of trouble. Being stuck with what you got in there, crank your graphics all the way down, 800x600, and all the eye candy disabled. Update your gpu drivers and directx, you never know. When I first started playing cabal was on an older Turion with an ATI 200m express gpu and really only suffered lag or d/c when in a big big mob during n/w (25-30+ on each side in a mob).

2) If you are running wireless through a wireless router or access point would be my next concern. When was the last time you rebooted the router if you are. Pinging and tracerouting 1 site at once really won't bring up where a connection lag is at. Try several speed tests on different locations at http://www.dslreports.com/stest , maybe even all of them that are not overloaded. You'll see when distance from coast to coast, etc starts coming into play and see a different score for each. Wireless is good when talking 1-10 sepperate pings, but when getting up in 20-30 sepperate pings you can get big lag spikes like crazy. Might try NW once with the laptop directly connected via cat5 or cat5e cable to the router/access point.

3) Even under SATA connection for the hard drive, some times windows 7 gets installed without the higher AHCI flag set meaning you are not getting full through put needed for virtual memory and disk reads for drawing graphics to the gpu and cpu fast enough at once. However 6gb memory you shouldn't be having a problem under 64bit, would be if you are running 32bit with the registry setting enabled to go above 3.5gb (around that) 32bit can normally handle without the tweak, and that tweak already hamstrings you to a bit slower processing. 32bit windows 3gb ram the game would run pretty smooth until you got into a major crowd, 64bit 6gb minimum should be more that sufficient. Best suggestion besides setting the hard drive to legacy mode which in itself can cause problems, I'd update the mainboard drivers to make sure you have the latest fixes for your chipset, in fact update all your drivers would be highly advised.

Need to figure out anything about the mainboard without opening it up, find a copy of Everest (trial ware) or Speccy (freeware) and they should be able to tell you hdd, gpu, sound, and your other major hardware identities to google search them at least.

monkeymn6192
06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
It is not at all a lag issue. The graphics run perfectly fine with no war. Even in Nation War, I can have the graphics running on full and still not lag up. The other issue that deters the lag and net issue on my part is that the other account I use runs smoothly with no delay or lag at all.

Zeon
06-01-2011, 01:24 PM
So basically, what's happening is that u have 2 accounts, and one works perfectly but the other one doesn't, rite?

monkeymn6192
06-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Pretty much

Zeon
06-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Well my friend, i'm afraid to tell u that's a really weird issue, and i kno my following question will be kinda stupid, but hey, gotta double check everything.
U and ur brother share that laptop, or each one plays on separate machines? If yes, then, is it possible u two are trying to acces the account at the same time? (I ask this bc when u log in to an already logged in account, Cabal lets u kno the account is online and asks if u want to dc the other person using it)

SilverIceForum
06-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Well may sound blunt on it then, being EST isn't doing anything at their end regarding their hardware, sounding like the 2 accounts on 2 sepperate database backend servers. Transfer the NW character from the bad account to the one that plays well in NW. I normally don't suggest putting money out of your own pocket to fix something like this, but you never know if that database the character is stored at on ESTs end is bombarded all at once. That is only a suggestion to look at because I don't know if it would even fix the problem, there are to many minor problems both server and client side that could be causing this problem, and a character transfer would be the simplest of solutions, looking at this from a hardware/software view point, something is lagging at one end or the other or both.

monkeymn6192
06-01-2011, 08:14 PM
its through the same laptop...and I am definitely not paying for a character transfer for something EST may have an issue on. The only times I've been able to war is at the 6am war...which...unfortunately I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s cause I have to stay up so late...or wake up that early.

monkeymn6192
06-01-2011, 08:16 PM
I set up my account before EST had Cabal with the OGP and just had a transfer...I set up his account through EST's site. Thats the only difference I can think of. But I'm not quite sure that should make a huge difference.

sn0wXz
06-01-2011, 10:18 PM
you submitted before school started? and its now out with no reply? Granted some issues would take longer then others but that is a little absurd seeing as how they should beable to identify any specific restriction on one account as opposed to another..

Not only is the ability to log in and fully function the character based on one connection to the server; but multiple - for instance logging in, using auction house, interacting with dungeons. Some players had inability to use particular functions even after being able to log in successfully, the end result would be disconnecting when trying to interact with the problematic source ex. auction house connection separate of log in connection.

When i helped a few threads about problems with connections, and After GMs came online and asked for PMs i received notice from a few i was helping that the GM fixed it on thier end somehow. How? Dont ask me im not sure it could have been account related, or it could have been connection/ISP related, but i just wanted to offer a word of advice to not just abandon the ticket and attempt xfer to your account if you dont have to. Again to the ticket opened date can you say what that was ?

Were you able to function properly in war on this working character/account without the problems? When you d/c is it just a "You have been disconnected from the server" message? or is it a error code with specific number and type? Perhaps provide screenshot of the type of disconnection and specifics about the character to make your ticket able to be answered faster...

If you play fine on that working character in nw (able to perform the packet send and receive from a average war without dc), then you should be able to say its possibly something related to that character, but that would be only confirm-able if you logged in to your working character, did whole war fine, logged out; next war attempt the war on the account in question and show the affects of the problem. Not that i dont believe you or anything, its just seeing the video is helpful for many reasons, as i typed earlier, many functions can require different connections. understanding the pattern of these connections can often determine what possible events are causing the problems to occur so its good to provide a video of the problem..

monkeymn6192
06-02-2011, 08:15 AM
Actually EST has done pretty well with responding to my tickets within 3-5 days. The most recent ticket I sent in was sent 3 days ago and it says it is in progress. I can try to record my usage of the account but I'm not familiar with video recording software. As for war, I can war perfectly fine (being able to combo and not delay) only at the 6am war which is tedious to keep waking up so early. Then there are the times (happening more and more often) where I am delayed from 3 secs to 2 mins.

Zeon
06-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Try fraps, it's really easy to use and uses low resources

monkeymn6192
06-02-2011, 11:05 PM
So I used fraps (didn't like that I didn't know how to change the recording length but 30secs was enough).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5IfDf9kGU

The 1st Video was with me trying to combo. You can see that I hit the combo button but the bar doesn't show up at all. I also couldn't move and then there were bursts where the people around me used their skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3CiMOpbAA0

The 2nd Video is just me trying buff or take off my buffs. I get the error code...but I don't hack or use any 3rd party software with Cabal. When EST responded what the error code meant, I followed what they said to do.Hello, this is the CABAL Support Team.

The error you're receiving is directly related to the nProtect GameGuard system. As this is the case, please follow this guide to solve your problem.

Hopefully fixing this error will help stabilize your game and prevent you from lagging.

Error Code: 6 Type: 421
The hacking detect messages will be shown when nProtect GameGuard has found a Virus, Adware, 3rd Party software or nProtect hasn’t been updated properly.
Error Code: 6 Type: 421 occur when GameGuard’s system for authentication has failed. If this error occurs, try the following steps.

1. Running Anti-Virus, Anti-Adware programs
- Run Full System Scan at your Anti-Virus software

2. Close other programs that runs with CABAL Online
- Prevent program crash by closing other programs
- If you have programs that is not in use, we recommend you to remove it by
“Add or Remove Programs” at Windows – Control panel

3. Update your Windows to the latest version
Various Viruses invades your computer by security leaks. We recommend you to up to date your Windows security to prevent it.

4. Re-Install GameGuard
1) Delete the folder 'GameGuard' within your CABAL folder.
2) Run the launcher (cabalmain) gameguard will automatically be restored.

5. Remove Third party tools
1) If illegal Third party tools(ex.autobot), or hacking programs are installed on your system, remove it to play CABAL Online.

If you have any further questions, please report us again.
Thank you.

Regards,
[GM] Kato

The 3rd and 4th video show me on my other account. All 4 videos were taken within a 15 minute time frame and show no signs of the delay or an error code.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyrpQ_MnLMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx7KtbHM6-4

sn0wXz
06-03-2011, 11:00 AM
So I used fraps (didn't like that I didn't know how to change the recording length but 30secs was enough).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me5IfDf9kGU

The 1st Video was with me trying to combo. You can see that I hit the combo button but the bar doesn't show up at all. I also couldn't move and then there were bursts where the people around me used their skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3CiMOpbAA0

The 2nd Video is just me trying buff or take off my buffs. I get the error code...but I don't hack or use any 3rd party software with Cabal. When EST responded what the error code meant, I followed what they said to do.Hello, this is the CABAL Support Team.

The error you're receiving is directly related to the nProtect GameGuard system. As this is the case, please follow this guide to solve your problem.

Hopefully fixing this error will help stabilize your game and prevent you from lagging.

Error Code: 6 Type: 421
The hacking detect messages will be shown when nProtect GameGuard has found a Virus, Adware, 3rd Party software or nProtect hasn’t been updated properly.
Error Code: 6 Type: 421 occur when GameGuard’s system for authentication has failed. If this error occurs, try the following steps.

1. Running Anti-Virus, Anti-Adware programs
- Run Full System Scan at your Anti-Virus software

2. Close other programs that runs with CABAL Online
- Prevent program crash by closing other programs
- If you have programs that is not in use, we recommend you to remove it by
“Add or Remove Programs” at Windows – Control panel

3. Update your Windows to the latest version
Various Viruses invades your computer by security leaks. We recommend you to up to date your Windows security to prevent it.

4. Re-Install GameGuard
1) Delete the folder 'GameGuard' within your CABAL folder.
2) Run the launcher (cabalmain) gameguard will automatically be restored.

5. Remove Third party tools
1) If illegal Third party tools(ex.autobot), or hacking programs are installed on your system, remove it to play CABAL Online.

If you have any further questions, please report us again.
Thank you.

Regards,
[GM] Kato

The 3rd and 4th video show me on my other account. All 4 videos were taken within a 15 minute time frame and show no signs of the delay or an error code.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyrpQ_MnLMA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bx7KtbHM6-4

perfect job on the videos, it illustrates that something related to account could possibly be the cause as opposed to your connection/computers ability to establish, and maintain a stable connection.

Send the videos all together like that to GMs, they should see it has nothing to do with the way your cabal is setup, if it did; you would be having problems on all accounts not just one account and not the other.

MarsRaps
06-13-2011, 12:56 AM
fraps isn't to bad. You should get the updated version it can record up to 10mins of memory video.

Zeon
06-13-2011, 10:09 AM
Great job xplning ur case mate, now, follow Snowx advice, sent all the vids via Tickets (hope ESt takes the time to check the vids) I hope ur issue gets resolved! G'luck!

monkeymn6192
06-30-2011, 08:22 PM
i mentioned it on Kato's page and he said he'd look into it.