PDA

View Full Version : You know it is time for a gaming break when....

N2TheEther
04-28-2010, 04:13 PM
http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/9359/funnybsod.jpg

your game guard has marked you for death by blue screen. ;)

Disclaimer: no megabytes were harmed during the making of this image. Any similarities to computers living or dead is strictly a coincidence. feel free to add to the post if you like

Sonic
04-28-2010, 04:32 PM
o.o

N2TheEther
04-28-2010, 04:49 PM
o.o

lol what? mission accomplished...

Sonic
04-28-2010, 06:37 PM
second time i got the blue screen error after est takes control of cabal
was able to recover from it but is it really from gamegaurd? O.O

N2TheEther
04-28-2010, 07:10 PM
second time i got the blue screen error after est takes control of cabal
was able to recover from it but is it really from gamegaurd? O.O

More like the compatibility issue stemming from using gamegaurd with your antivirus and firewall config.
game guard doesnt like much of anything but the game itself running .

recently i did a game critique presentation in class on cabal, the game was running just fine, until i plugged in the projector cable. next thing i know bsod twice.

and a while back there was another game i played that used gg at first and there were so many issues with it they finally switched to a different anti hack program. when the admin attempted several times to contact gameguard the issue was they were very slow to respond with any solution for the game's users. perhaps at some point est will get tired of dealing with the problems caused by gg and move on to a different and better hack defender program. imo gg is crap.

Sonic
04-28-2010, 07:39 PM
o so there is a way to stop it!
i was considering myself quitting but if its a compatibility thing ill look into it sometime

N2TheEther
04-28-2010, 07:43 PM
yea, try adding gg and cabal .exe to your exceptions list for your antivirus and firewall programs. that may help to stop it. also turn off all processes running in the background that you dont need to use while playing cabal, in addition to any services that tend to run on automatic, you may consider switching them to manual instead.

BaconMan
04-28-2010, 07:55 PM
O.O i didn't get that

N2TheEther
04-29-2010, 04:53 AM
O.O i didn't get that

what didnt you get baconman?

Sonic
04-29-2010, 03:05 PM
weird thing is that i can run cabal, play for a while, then if i restart my cpu its all blue screened up

but i can system restore and repeat the whole thing o.o

N2TheEther
04-29-2010, 04:31 PM
bsod when you reboot is really not good. there is definitely a compatibility issue going on behind the scenes. gah i hope they 86 gg its really a pita