PDA

View Full Version : EST needs to step up and address this.

EzSeleneEz
06-09-2011, 06:46 AM
Now, I'm not one to claim someones hacking accounts. Usually I assume it's account sharing and such. Lately I've heard a lot of people getting there stuff jacked, and that's what i assumed. Until this week, 2 guildies logged on to empty characters, and it's 2 people i know that do not share their info. So I'm not 100% sure how some1 is doing this, but est needs to get it figured out, and get it fixed. Or at the very least do something about the tickets being sent in regarding this. You're about to lose a huge amount of players, so you better step up and figure this crap out.

EzSeleneEz
06-09-2011, 08:15 AM
Quick sidenote......I logged in a couple of days ago and almost all my settings were changed around from effects to key-bindings,I didn't think too much about it since I was switching from my 42' lcd to my regular monitor quite frequently and that might have been the culprit,but I doubt it,But it's cool though,whoever is doing it will eventually "hack" their way into everyone's account and have all the gear and all the alz and all the power......and no one to play with

well, i think some of that stuff carries over from different computers, im not sure how it would stick if some1 hacked into the account and changed it, but i could be wrong. ive just been hearing about a lot of people getting jacked lately, and its pretty lame. i know the alt of the person that got my guildy is shoper1. hes selling his boots in ah right now...

Slowpoke
06-09-2011, 09:57 AM
Quick sidenote......I logged in a couple of days ago and almost all my settings were changed around from effects to key-bindings,I didn't think too much about it since I was switching from my 42' lcd to my regular monitor quite frequently and that might have been the culprit,but I doubt it,But it's cool though,whoever is doing it will eventually "hack" their way into everyone's account and have all the gear and all the alz and all the power......and no one to play with

those kind of settings are client side, if u ever change computers your macros are wiped, and then when u return to your previous computer they will have returned. u musta did something

EzSeleneEz
06-10-2011, 09:04 AM
guildies gear is being some in AH, first under the name "shoper1" now its been switched to the name "fafb"....

f1r3starter
06-10-2011, 09:24 AM
all my stuff got jacked last night and iv never told anyone my info and who ever it was got right past my subpass as well :/

Zeon
06-10-2011, 09:30 AM
Maybe whoever's doing it is using a keylogger?

EzSeleneEz
06-10-2011, 09:41 AM
check for it in ah, we see fafb, wizbl, fswa, selling a lotta amp gears, including our guildy's.

f1r3starter
06-10-2011, 09:45 AM
add wafs to that list selling gloves that i had and wizbl selling boots i had

EzSeleneEz
06-10-2011, 11:49 AM
Have you used the "check files" feature on client start-up? I did this, and removed the gameguard folder before startup because I was getting errors that crashed my client. Seems to have helped my problem but I did lose my fonts and settings.

A couple of guildies of mine have gotten "hacked" recently too. I always assume it is the user's fault. Also from what I've seen, 90% of the time someone claims to be hacked they have not-so-good gears. If people could actually "hack" accounts, lol, they would go after the big boys. I just think people need to be more careful, whether it be having good pw/subpass, not going to harmful websites, talking to untrustworthy people on msn, or need to be careful using wifi, etc.

ya, i generally assume that as well, but both of the guildies that got hacked weren't sharing accounts. well one had given out info to another guildy, but they're RL friends so i know it wasn't him. the other one had just changed his pass/subs, we noticed him logging on early in the morning and got ahold of him, he said it wasnt him, so he got on immediately to change all of his info. but 2 days later his stuff ended up getting taken anyways, hes scanned with 4 different scanners so far and none have found anything on his computer, he says hes just gonna reformat in case anyways.

but ya... ive been hearing of a lot of people getting their stuff stolen lately, theres got to be some sort of security problem somewhere.

Rage
06-10-2011, 11:54 AM
if you guys find out who it is let me know so i can invite him to scammers.

Nick123
06-10-2011, 11:56 AM
haha aceoftoy get owned, karma I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s kid

EzSeleneEz
06-12-2011, 07:40 PM
apparently its not only NA cabal. Eu forums are littered with the same issues, but at least their GMs are saying theyre investigating it.

juji550
06-12-2011, 07:59 PM
EU > NA.

I'ma get banned again.

noop
06-12-2011, 08:31 PM
you know I'm a pothead right?

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/143/tomatoes.jpg

MarsRaps
06-12-2011, 08:36 PM
fafb is person who was selling eof+8, One of my Guildie's bought it off him an it did'nt go through. Tickets were even sent in and ticket got closed. Too much hacking going on these days and EST will prob loose a few dozen of members. GM's are too focused on cabal 2 now days. Like last night for example friends guild ldr "TheSoviet guild" was in sitting in bi afk in town for 5-10mins he gets d/c comes back and logs back into his acc 180wa stripped naked. Not like you can expect to provide a screen shot of something that already happened to someone, an if password is secure & you don't give it to nomore and still get hijacked then its all EST fault for having crappy protection.

XFearMyBladeX
06-12-2011, 08:37 PM
x.x my bro got hacked 4 days ago.he was playing at night,the next day he came from work and everything was gone.i had to buy all his gear back again >.<

and this weeks ppl have been getting hacked like ALOT o.o

I3athtub
06-12-2011, 08:55 PM
guildies gear is being some in AH, first under the name "shoper1" now its been switched to the name "fafb"....

Well guys, i dont think EST soft will do anything about it, the person who hacked has to be one of those guys who run the bots. the names u guys mentioned seemed as bots, if u ever wonder how the Alz Sellers regenerate big amounts of alz, there u go, they successfully hack some1 epic, Sell items, then Sell back the alz for real money right back to the players.

Does the GMs know about this, Yes of course and they benefit out of it.

I have a friend who had all ShineGaurd +11 full amp, PC shineGaurd, PC Red osmium Great sword+11 and all that and in a snooze and a sunrise, he was buff naked and as noob as could be...

We sent tickets and all that, No respose at all.

MarsRaps
06-12-2011, 09:01 PM
Okay first off sending tickets in doesn't work well.

#1 You'll send them in and either they get closed.
#2 Not read.
#3 Or a reply back like " Were're working on it da da da answering machine reply"

To avoid all that:

http://i54.tinypic.com/rtl4m1.jpg

XFearMyBladeX
06-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Which of these players have given out any kind of info to any cabal guild forum?

well my bro would be the last person to give his acc info to any1,(i dont even know his acc).and he doesnt use forum(as far as i know).

MarsRaps
06-12-2011, 09:12 PM
Yeah i hear ya. Wouldn't be to bright to even give it out to anyone. Not saying ppl aren't trust worthly but your info is for only for you to know. And if hackers are snatching accounts then est needs to work on it. By the way grab that info up there i posted its way better then contacting help desk or sending tickets in. Me and mike talk on skype he use to work for est. Jangjoong Kim is now Ceo president of Estsoft. If you need his info too i can grab that for you too.

Captain Insane-O
06-12-2011, 09:15 PM
yeah god damn! i logged on 2 days ago and my archer was stripped clean and i have no gears left and nothing at all -.- i really really wish est will do something about this cause i want to atleast start playing again and my other friend got hacked of all her gears also >.> who ever this hacker is we needa find out and get our gears back ... so much time wasted if they dont give the gears back

I3athtub
06-12-2011, 09:19 PM
I think EST soft allows this to happen, to get players with Epic or Final Gear to hit back the market and start buying over and over.

I mean from now on, i wanna use NPC gear so no hacker puts an eye on me...

Drew
06-12-2011, 09:22 PM
NA is dieing we need Est from kr to solve the g.m corruption/lazyness

hate to break the news to u, but est from kr had taken over cabal na. old news.
so the hirees (unless they retained the corrupt ogp gm's under witness protection program lol) are entirely new crew.