PDA

View Full Version : GMs look at this >.<

XFearMyBladeX
06-16-2011, 06:46 PM
on mercury A LOT of ppl are getting hacked,and when i say "a lot" i mean an extremely high amount of hacking...

i am gonna ask this in the best nice and calm way ^_^: WTF IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?

are we having a roll back or something or wuts gonna be the "fixing"ur guys r gonna do.and some1 told me a gm got fired or some shiz and that he raged... is that true? O.O

DeathRhythm
06-16-2011, 06:52 PM
he didn't rage why would he rage it's only a job.

IcyWave
06-16-2011, 06:59 PM
funny that's very sarcastic way to say calm...

NOOOO no roll back,or no knight of fighting spirit for me anymore :( took me 3k wexp in 3 /12 days to get that

XFearMyBladeX
06-16-2011, 07:57 PM
well not a roll back but something o.o >.<

benskate
06-16-2011, 07:59 PM
I think rollback should be the onlyone and the best solution...

alonis
06-16-2011, 09:09 PM
GM dont deal with this stuff, only thing they will say is " dont give away ur ID and PW "
:(

xellor
06-16-2011, 09:59 PM
there must be a reason why some gets hacked and the rest didnt, or is it just a matter of time..

xellor
06-16-2011, 10:04 PM
fingers crossed gms r busy with the next patch XD

Drew
06-16-2011, 11:53 PM
what to do when there's riot, chaos, and anarchy?

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/3949/chaotickiss.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/263/chaotickiss.jpg/)

cool, ain't it^^

cerverus3
06-17-2011, 12:57 AM
wonder were his hand is goin O.o?

Jenus
06-17-2011, 05:26 AM
ok gm 11:29pm cabal time hacker strike again this the usual time, this time willow got hacked wiz and bl both cleaned out she has not been on in so long and gave info to no one, time to act way to many random people getting hacked for you to do your usual buisness dont fix this issue and watch cabal 1 die and cabal 2 die before it starts

This is getting crazy....No one can lock their gear and be safe and you can't go away for any point in time. Since Willow hasn't been active or really ever on the forums then that means this ISNT a keylogging site. She hasn't even had a chance to check out cabal in the past month same with gand. This means if he is doing this it is being done a different way than a site to keylog people.

Hash
06-17-2011, 05:35 AM
just let him hack everyone,then everyone will quit and then he'll have all the endgame crap and no one to play with

Kinda like that episode of the twilight zone with the last man on earth who loves to read books more than anything......but his glasses break

I believe you're referring to "Time enough at last" .. way before my time, but i love the twilight zone

cadacus_ater
06-17-2011, 06:02 AM
1. Make your passwords 11+ characters, with a few numbers and symbols where possible, capital letters here and there help too, otherwise your password can be forced without too much trouble.

2. Take screen shots of ALL your gear and keep them as a backup just in case (GMs have restored gear to at least a couple people I know who got hacked, as for others...).

3. Manage your email and social network accounts properly; don't post sensitive information carelessly.

Anyone got other helpful tips feel free to add on to this list.

PSBeardy
06-17-2011, 06:03 AM
This is getting crazy....No one can lock their gear and be safe and you can't go away for any point in time. Since Willow hasn't been active or really ever on the forums then that means this ISNT a keylogging site. She hasn't even had a chance to check out cabal in the past month same with gand. This means if he is doing this it is being done a different way than a site to keylog people.

Yeah appears to be a server side issue, i was dc'd by someone attempting to do same to me last night, luckily I have already sold off my gear and donated my alz to the guildies, some of which who were hacked. We called EST last night during this episode and was told point blank that this was not EST problem and they had no intention of helping. It just reiterated my decision to take my money and time to another game. Let me also point out that I have spent thousands in the cash shop on prem and such in the years I have played this game, I did so to support the game I enjoyed playing. I would recommend all cease spending a dime on EST until it becomes a problem enough for EST that they get off their collective rears and do something about these hackers.

PSBeardy
06-17-2011, 07:22 AM
Well truth be told, I started way back around open beta. Can I just say as bad as OGP was, EST is exponentially worse ..... can't wait for Tera...

sora
06-17-2011, 07:23 AM
Yeah appears to be a server side issue, i was dc'd by someone attempting to do same to me last night, luckily I have already sold off my gear and donated my alz to the guildies, some of which who were hacked. We called EST last night during this episode and was told point blank that this was not EST problem and they had no intention of helping. It just reiterated my decision to take my money and time to another game. Let me also point out that I have spent thousands in the cash shop on prem and such in the years I have played this game, I did so to support the game I enjoyed playing. I would recommend all cease spending a dime on EST until it becomes a problem enough for EST that they get off their collective rears and do something about these hackers.

Great idea bro but people are way to stupid to do that surely we all know that by now.

PSBeardy
06-17-2011, 07:31 AM
not true as there is a small group of us who have spent a relatively insane amount, if stopped they will soon notice. Ohh and stop calling me Shirley.

TankAlluBicheS
06-17-2011, 07:34 AM
not true as there is a small group of us who have spent a relatively insane amount, if stopped they will soon notice. Ohh and stop calling me Shirley.

^ DavidKan = $15k+ USD

PSBeardy
06-17-2011, 07:48 AM
Well I am just talking about cash shop, but yeah im probably at 5 or 6 grand over the years, in fact I have never been without prem and BB stacked.

IcyWave
06-17-2011, 08:26 AM
^ DavidKan = $15k+ USD

I've been waiting for this moment,i said it before in a thread somewhere,when all the people who spent USD,USD:in ecoins,buying alz,i always wished they would get hacked and their life would end...looks like my wish came true eh? ahahahahha

HackDemon
06-17-2011, 08:31 AM
just got hacked 10 minutes ago. not sending anymore money. support is by far the worst.

>.>
06-17-2011, 09:08 AM
grr now im afraid to leave my char/acct unattended

XFearMyBladeX
06-17-2011, 09:58 AM
grr now im afraid to leave my char/acct unattended

i was afk untill this afternoon and everything is fine ^_~ YAY!!!!!!!

DeathRhythm
06-17-2011, 12:44 PM
im never on so i don't know if my stuff is even still there lawl

Forumcomplainer
06-17-2011, 01:11 PM
i hope they hack me, if they did then i'll thank them with all my heart. That will save me some excuses about quitting the game and i can focus on starting Tera.

PSBeardy
06-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I've been waiting for this moment,i said it before in a thread somewhere,when all the people who spent USD,USD:in ecoins,buying alz,i always wished they would get hacked and their life would end...looks like my wish came true eh? ahahahahha

I have not bought any e coins or anything accept cash shop items so your thereoy is flawed.

Drew
06-17-2011, 02:54 PM
this phenom sounds familiar...back in ogp it was alz rip and people buying alz got keylogged or something...then the vouchers (well only in est), the subpw, the soft(virtual) keybrd, and everything SEEMED history.

now everyone's friend is getting hacked once again. don't know what else to make of it, whether it's just part of a sinister made-up plan to sabotage credibility, or these victims are sharing info (ofc they would deny it), or they don't have those security features on, or (and this is the scary part) it's really happening and est has a hand on it like ogp had.

oh btw

wonder were his hand is goin O.o?

it's mashin her breasts

XFearMyBladeX
06-17-2011, 07:01 PM
some of the ppl that got hacked didnt share their info and still got owned... >.<

XFearMyBladeX
06-17-2011, 07:36 PM
fear did you get your back?

no.i didnt get hacked .my bro did i had to buy his all gear back,but since he got hacked he fc.ked my plans on getting some gear for myself... >.< lol

XFearMyBladeX
06-17-2011, 07:40 PM
daww thats nice. from marsraps?

no o.0 ah.i dont like buying stuffs from ppl i dont know, cuz if shiz happens i dont wanna be involved... =p

(O^_^)===O (X_Xo)
06-18-2011, 01:38 AM
i dont think this issue is only occuring in merc cuz im from venus and my brother havent logged in iin a pretty long time, then he decided to get on n boom his characters are naked, even tho he set up his inventory pass and gear pass; weird thing was whoever jacked his stuff took only his helms and amp suits/gloves/boots and alz, they left the weapons so guess the equipment subpass doesnt work

XFearMyBladeX
06-18-2011, 02:27 AM
i dont think this issue is only occuring in merc cuz im from venus and my brother havent logged in iin a pretty long time, then he decided to get on n boom his characters are naked, even tho he set up his inventory pass and gear pass; weird thing was whoever jacked his stuff took only his helms and amp suits/gloves/boots and alz, they left the weapons so guess the equipment subpass doesnt work

o.o wth venus too? i though this was only merc since we have all/most of the hackers... lol

annoy
06-18-2011, 02:47 AM
some of the ppl that got hacked didnt share their info and still got owned... >.<

just got owned about an hour and a half ago and i never shared my info was on one of my nubs and luckly saw someone logged on my other char in guild and stopped them from jacking that chars gears but my main is now naked... 1.5bil worth of gears gone...

gingersnappz
06-18-2011, 08:09 AM
Stay off the sites featured in ch 5 bloody ice and you'll be fine.

Corrupt
06-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Stay off the sites featured in ch 5 bloody ice and you'll be fine.

Don't assume things, I got hacked too and I only war when I play and for like the past 2 months I've only warred once a week. I also have friends that got hacked, we're in venus btw so EST should step up considering errybody gettin hacked.

HowToDupeV4
06-18-2011, 08:15 AM
this phenom sounds familiar...back in ogp it was alz rip and people buying alz got keylogged or something...then the vouchers (well only in est), the subpw, the soft(virtual) keybrd, and everything SEEMED history.

now everyone's friend is getting hacked once again. don't know what else to make of it, whether it's just part of a sinister made-up plan to sabotage credibility, or these victims are sharing info (ofc they would deny it), or they don't have those security features on, or (and this is the scary part) it's really happening and est has a hand on it like ogp had.

oh btw

it's mashin her breasts

ogp handled alz rip very well though
they blamed it on ppl who bought alz and were like we aint gonna do anything
then everyone started getting alz ripped lawl(i was one of them)
so then ogp took responsibility quite efficiently and everything, i got my alz back in a month. i wonder if i'll even get a ticket response from est within a month

(O^_^)===O (X_Xo)
06-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Don't assume things, I got hacked too and I only war when I play and for like the past 2 months I've only warred once a week. I also have friends that got hacked, we're in venus btw so EST should step up considering errybody gettin hacked.

same bout the only thing my bro do is log in for war and his items are also gone

Greedy
06-18-2011, 12:47 PM
on mercury A LOT of ppl are getting hacked,and when i say "a lot" i mean an extremely high amount of hacking...

i am gonna ask this in the best nice and calm way ^_^: WTF IS GOING ON!?!?!?!?!?

are we having a roll back or something or wuts gonna be the "fixing"ur guys r gonna do.and some1 told me a gm got fired or some shiz and that he raged... is that true? O.O

i cant wait till you make a thread and say "i have been hacked" then i can uninstall this game in peace.

XFearMyBladeX
06-18-2011, 12:51 PM
i cant wait till you make a thread and say "i have been hacked" then i can uninstall this game in peace.

o.o rofl and i will gear myself again in secs lol ^_^

Shinji
06-18-2011, 02:03 PM
o.o rofl and i will gear myself again in secs lol ^_^
by scky scky
kakaka

XFearMyBladeX
06-18-2011, 02:05 PM
by scky scky
kakaka

o.0 huh o.o

gary055
06-18-2011, 03:49 PM

yes

brusky
06-18-2011, 07:22 PM
Kiddoooo!!!! :)

DeathRhythm
06-18-2011, 10:28 PM
and the lord said "LET THERE BE RAMEN"!! ._.!!

IaMaLive
06-19-2011, 09:42 AM
omgeeeee i bet 95% of the ppl that got hacked has really simple and shi.ttty pw/subpass. then again, cabal players likes to share acc/pw and get scam daily lol. you be surprise at how lazy ppl even gets when making pw to keep their account secure. started since OB and never got hacked, why? cuz my pw is stronger than yours lol. i dont play anymore but had to get on and check if this rumor was true but it is all bogus lol.

IaMaLive
06-19-2011, 09:49 AM
oh btw those spammer in ch5 wouldnt be spamming if those sites didnt work lol.

shutupson
06-19-2011, 10:10 AM
pple that got hack i believe are buying alz that why they got hack, can u guy names some pple that got hack plz lol.

r3p1x
06-19-2011, 10:32 AM
omgeeeee i bet 95% of the ppl that got hacked has really simple and shi.ttty pw/subpass. then again, cabal players likes to share acc/pw and get scam daily lol. you be surprise at how lazy ppl even gets when making pw to keep their account secure. started since OB and never got hacked, why? cuz my pw is stronger than yours lol. i dont play anymore but had to get on and check if this rumor was true but it is all bogus lol.

yup, everyone whos getting hacked either has the north america's most common password, which is Seinfeld, they're buying alz, or they gave their info away. Basically I have no sympathy for you if you get hacked

IaMaLive
06-19-2011, 11:52 AM
i dont need your dumb as.s to tell me you will have no sympathy for me if i get hacked rofl over a dead game and dont play anymore ahahhaha.

yup, everyone whos getting hacked either has the north america's most common password, which is Seinfeld
iono wtf you trying to accomplish with this dumb comment but anyone can tell the difference from a weak and strong pw. oh wait forgot your one of the 95% population of hacked ppl that has shi.tty pw.

r3p1x
06-19-2011, 12:02 PM
i dont need your dumb as.s to tell me you will have no sympathy for me if i get hacked rofl over a dead game and dont play anymore ahahhaha.

iono wtf you trying to accomplish with this dumb comment but anyone can tell the difference from a weak and strong pw. oh wait forgot your one of the 95% population of hacked ppl that has shi.tty pw.

wtf are you talking about.... i was agreeing with you.. and no i havent been hacked

remind me not to post on any threads youve been on

wizzys
06-19-2011, 03:13 PM
Put sub passwords that are different than your pin to your storage and gear (inventory). Passwords shouldn't be obvious.

Corrupt
06-19-2011, 03:50 PM
You guys must think you're really smart. No matter what your password/sub password is hackers can still get it, it'll just take a longer time, especially with the faulty system that cabal has. It's obvious with this new wave of hacking going on that it's not an isolated incident. Also i fail to see why buying alz would get you hacked any faster than a legit character. In fact, if you buy alz you'd probably be one of the last ones hacked. You pay the hackers for alz. The hackers hack legits for their alz + gear and then sell the legit alz to the alz buyer. Why would they hack you, if you're the one that's supplying them with the money? So seriously, think before you post.

shutupson
06-19-2011, 06:17 PM
You guys must think you're really smart. No matter what your password/sub password is hackers can still get it, it'll just take a longer time, especially with the faulty system that cabal has. It's obvious with this new wave of hacking going on that it's not an isolated incident. Also i fail to see why buying alz would get you hacked any faster than a legit character. In fact, if you buy alz you'd probably be one of the last ones hacked. You pay the hackers for alz. The hackers hack legits for their alz + gear and then sell the legit alz to the alz buyer. Why would they hack you, if you're the one that's supplying them with the money? So seriously, think before you post.

lol u funny i got 6 account 160+ and never get hack cause i dont bot and buy alz that why.
an my password only got 5 letter lol

XFearMyBladeX
06-19-2011, 06:21 PM

lol ur dumb and maybe u should think before posting too... ^_^ =p

Nes
06-19-2011, 06:22 PM

Lol I agree I bet kids are running around with weak passes like iloveanime123 or narutois

XFearMyBladeX
06-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Lol I agree I bet kids are running around with weak passes like iloveanime123 or narutois

o.o OH MAI GAWD that is my password O.O

and btw:naruto>bleach!!!!! ^_^

Corrupt
06-20-2011, 06:18 AM
lol u funny i got 6 account 160+ and never get hack cause i dont bot and buy alz that why.
an my password only got 5 letter lol

just cuz you weren't hacked doesn't mean that the people that were hacked bought alz ahuuuuuuuurdddddddurrrr
it's prolly cuz your characters aren't even worth hacking

lol ur dumb and maybe u should think before posting too... ^_^ =p

sad to see that you can't comprehend logic

shutupson
06-20-2011, 12:34 PM
just cuz you weren't hacked doesn't mean that the people that were hacked bought alz ahuuuuuuuurdddddddurrrr
it's prolly cuz your characters aren't even worth hacking

sad to see that you can't comprehend logic

are u a morron of something i say i got 6 160+ u think my item not epic? lol u funny son.

Corrupt
06-20-2011, 01:23 PM
are u a morron of something i say i got 6 160+ u think my item not epic? lol u funny son.

yes i'm a "morron of something"
go back to third grade and learn some english
and implying high level means you have epic items, by epic items do you mean osm gloves of guard? lol please stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

sn0wXz
06-20-2011, 01:28 PM
entertaining, please do go on with the fail logic in this thread lol.

DeathRhythm
06-20-2011, 03:33 PM
pfft my ramen gears>everyones gears just saying now flame!!!on!!

Drew
06-20-2011, 04:56 PM
pfft my ramen gears>everyones gears just saying now flame!!!on!!

kimchi, boy, kimchi

DeathRhythm
06-20-2011, 05:00 PM
kimchi, boy, kimchi

NEVER!!! xp

shutupson
06-20-2011, 07:41 PM
yes i'm a "morron of something"
go back to third grade and learn some english
and implying high level means you have epic items, by epic items do you mean osm gloves of guard? lol please stop before you embarrass yourself any further.

you should go back about a year of so see my theard and item that i sell u

shutupson
06-20-2011, 07:42 PM
and one more thing i want to ask u do u know cooldaddyD and mwuhahha when he shout and sell i bet u know them u .( i done talking to u since i quit this games anyway bye)

nvious
06-20-2011, 09:08 PM
As crazy as this may seem .... has anyone thought bout them picking up a tainted item in the game? along time ago i use to play SRO and thats what happened to me cause i picked up an item, and i noticed that the stats wasnt right so i through it back on the ground and a buddy of mine picked it up and with in a short amount of time he got hacked, it is very possible to manipulate an item to where it gives you someones account info and what not ive seen several posts in other games bout this so just something to think about for the GMs to look into also

nvious
06-20-2011, 09:22 PM
thats cause your are a moron so st.fu and anyone that has that kind of knowledge about things like that can tell you it is very possible for something like that to happen in cabal

[GM] Kato
06-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Hey guys,

Please refer to this thread for the steps you need to take if you've recently been hacked: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?21079-Important-Information-Regarding-Compromised-Accounts

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread as well.

~ [GM] Kato