PDA

View Full Version : hacker at it right now... ch 16 venus

EzSeleneEz
06-21-2011, 10:09 PM
watching multiple characters getting stripped in front of Cahos. hes getting a ton of people....

the hacker doesnt have view equipment turned off, so you can sit there and watch the stuff dissapear.... this is sad.

EzSeleneEz
06-21-2011, 10:19 PM
just watched nightwolf get stripped.... now bestking showed up, which is who was selling everyones stolen gear.

sn0wXz
06-21-2011, 10:25 PM
so your saying anon is done with sony and is coming after a dead mmo?

inb4triple-post/timelapse scenario

What if he hacks someone whos already been hacked? Does that send him into an alternate dimension thus qualifying as a compromised account?

Will i stop asking random questions ?

EzSeleneEz
06-21-2011, 10:28 PM
eh hes done now. selling everythng already.

AmosMoses
06-21-2011, 10:28 PM
so your saying anon is done with sony and is coming after a dead mmo?

Inb4triple-post/timelapse scenario

what if he hacks someone whos already been hacked? Does that send him into an alternate dimension thus qualifying as a compromised account?

Will i stop asking random questions ?

l
o
l

NightWolf
06-21-2011, 10:35 PM
he aint lieing. my I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ was just stolen from me.

NightWolf
06-21-2011, 10:38 PM
yo. who took the gear? Nightwolf is my char. i was afk watching a movie when it happened.

Alleluia
06-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Cahos. Stuff is being sold in CH 8 under BestKing now.

EzSeleneEz
06-21-2011, 10:41 PM
yo. who took the gear? Nightwolf is my char. i was afk watching a movie when it happened.

ya i know wolf... i saw your char pop up next to him and was helpless.... all we could do is watch... this is sad.

sn0wXz
06-21-2011, 10:42 PM
See, it was probably the movie, transferred a virus to your computer via netflix, hide yo kids, hide yo free rentals, they hackin errbody out here.

EzSeleneEz
06-21-2011, 10:44 PM
sad thing is, i pm'd 2 gms that were on forums, neither showed up in ch 16 to check it out for themselves... nor answered or anything.

found out it was Cahos when i noticed my other account logging on, and walking over to them, got on just in time to kick him off it.

DeathRhythm
06-21-2011, 10:44 PM
go watch 10hr nyan cat it is awesome it will .................................................. ....
.................................................. ................
.................................................. ...........................make you feel like you been thru hell...................

Shinji
06-21-2011, 10:52 PM
serious stuff meng

AmosMoses
06-21-2011, 11:00 PM
good news is gms are admitting it may not all be user error and are looking into it. who knows if anything will be done any time soon =/

EzSeleneEz
06-21-2011, 11:05 PM
guaranteed its not user error... i watched this guy go through about 3-4 accounts tonight... as much as hes selling, i highly doubt that many users have done something wrong at one time.

AmosMoses
06-21-2011, 11:11 PM
yea but the fact that they openly addressed the fact that something fishy IS happening is a step in the right direction. slow progress is at least some progress

Stalker101
06-21-2011, 11:26 PM
yea but the fact that they openly addressed the fact that something fishy IS happening is a step in the right direction. slow progress is at least some progress

Yea but now what?
We just sit around and wait for EST to "fix" everything! How do we protect ourselves? Sub passwords are obs.... So do we just sit back and hope that we dont get hacked why EST claims to be "fixing" the problem?

Years of work could be lost because EST is failing to preform their job. Threads have been being posted about this for almost 2 good weeks now and no major steps have been taken to fix the problem...And if you are one of the unlucky ones who does get hacked what do you do? Send in a help desk ticket? We ALL know how useless that it. EST does not answer tickets and we expect them to answer this?

GG....Looks like a lot MORE people are going to be quitting, because of EST lack of ability to preform their job.

EzSeleneEz
06-21-2011, 11:30 PM
the account that i had to kick the hacker off from hadn't been logged onto in while, and when it has been logged into it was on my other computer, which was just to sp myself because that computer is old, with a freshly reformatted hd, theres no possible way that that computer is infected with anything, ive only ever turned it on to sp myself and be a placeholder in party.

i dont know how hes picking his victims, but theres an issue somewhere with security. about half my guild was watching and most of them up and said eff it, and probably wont be logging on again. one hacker is about to bring down this whole game.

Stalker101
06-21-2011, 11:38 PM
the account that i had to kick the hacker off from hadn't been logged onto in while, and when it has been logged into it was on my other computer, which was just to sp myself because that computer is old, with a freshly reformatted hd, theres no possible way that that computer is infected with anything, ive only ever turned it on to sp myself and be a placeholder in party.

i dont know how hes picking his victims, but theres an issue somewhere with security. about half my guild was watching and most of them up and said eff it, and probably wont be logging on again. one hacker is about to bring down this whole game.

By the sounds of things....Its something on ESTs end, ability to access information....Does not sound like your save regardless if you log into cabal....

EzSeleneEz
06-21-2011, 11:43 PM
By the sounds of things....Its something on ESTs end, ability to access information....Does not sound like your save regardless if you log into cabal....

im almost positive its on their end. and i dont think the person knows anything but information about the accounts, otherwise if it was an actual player he would be choosing higher end people to steal, but it seems fairly random.

(O^_^)===O (X_Xo)
06-21-2011, 11:44 PM
wonder how is est planning to solve this problem and what form of compensation, if any, would they give to the victims.

Stalker101
06-21-2011, 11:48 PM
wonder how is est planning to solve this problem and what form of compensation, if any, would they give to the victims.

They are not going to give the victims anything.... Look at EST's history... They have done nothing for us in the sense of fixing their wrongs. Look back to the Mail Glitch... That was MONTHS ago yet people still have not been giving their times back, and HD tickets STILL not answered from that, and we expect EST to help us now?
Hell We will be lucky of they fix this before it ruins Cabal more then it already has. Dead game just gets deader?

(O^_^)===O (X_Xo)
06-22-2011, 12:12 AM
can i get a, say 1month roll-back?

AmosMoses
06-22-2011, 12:16 AM
then 10 "EST TOOK MY EPIC DROPS CAUSE OF ROLLBACK" threads pop up per day and more ppl quit

EzSeleneEz
06-22-2011, 12:19 AM
and this is about all i could get from tonight between kicking him off the wiz and trying fraps working.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJbBeX588y0

Daedgo
06-22-2011, 01:14 AM
See, it was probably the movie, transferred a virus to your computer via netflix, hide yo kids, hide yo free rentals, they hackin errbody out here.

Read the notice and shut the Fk up ^^ bcuz u cant understand how the other hackers like u are doing this, it doesnt mean that is not happening Mr.Fail Hacker ^^

Drew
06-22-2011, 01:15 AM

As much as i don't wanna put my nose into this, the way I look at this (yeah, my theory), he's picking on those who are not active at all (prolly thinking he's doing the servers a service by cleaning up the dormant accounts, lol, just so happened that they're alts of the active ones). So "not logging on" would all the more invite him (or them) to it...now how did he get all the account info and status? afaik, in the absence of keylogs and account info sharing, only the est database (and the account owner) SHOULD hold those info intact. If it's inside job or that disgruntled fired ex-gm, then woe to all of us :(

rustedteg
06-22-2011, 06:50 AM
Not sure how this hacker is doing this, but I just got hacked the other day also. I've been active, do not share account, and def. do not have a virus since I just formated my PC and installed new Windows. Barely have anything on here yet cept for Cabal, Office, and Adobe CS5 installed. Seems like Drew got a good point there. I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ that I can't do crap with the new update. And that's the reason I started to play agian. Oh well......

DeathRhythm
06-22-2011, 07:36 AM
wonder if i've been hacked also eh even if i am gives me more reason not to log in forum is more funner than the dumb game.

mmmCake
06-22-2011, 09:01 AM
haxorz? in ma cabalz? NEVER

sn0wXz
06-22-2011, 09:46 AM
Read the notice and shut the Fk up ^^ bcuz u cant understand how the other hackers like u are doing this, it doesnt mean that is not happening Mr.Fail Hacker ^^

nope, the guy is obviously using netflix, umad?

You think someone hacked EST and decided to go after junk players' gear? k brb still loling.

even if it was 1-2b it would be a slight waste of time, but eof6+2slot forci hp gear, LOL ;)

DGU4RDI4N
06-22-2011, 09:59 AM
NO! night D:

runescape
06-22-2011, 10:06 AM

You think someone hacked EST and decided to go after junk players' gear? k brb still loling.

even if it was 1-2b it would be a slight waste of time, but eof6+2slot forci hp gear, LOL ;)

someone in tang got hacked generalram or something i think he got decent gears around 4b

sn0wXz
06-22-2011, 10:15 AM
bad bad tang downloading keyloggers, bad.

Shinji
06-22-2011, 10:31 AM
I think ur jelly

M3lly
06-22-2011, 10:46 AM
i think ur jelly
jelly is bad!@

magicalstar
06-22-2011, 11:59 AM
good news is gms are admitting it may not all be user error and are looking into it. who knows if anything will be done any time soon =/

They really are not taking responsibility when they still refer you back to the previous post, and to check your computer for viruses and tell you 3rd party programs not allowed (duH). They don't admit that they may have some cracks in their database and advise the players to send a ticket and wait a few weeks, Cabal doesn't have a few weeks if people keep getting hacked.
Cabal will continue to lose player until they stop shifting the blame on players and admit they have issues with protecting its members. Otherwise the hackers will continue to have the upper hand

sn0wXz
06-22-2011, 12:03 PM
They really are not taking responsibility when they still refer you back to the previous post, and to check your computer for viruses and tell you 3rd party programs not allowed (duH). They don't admit that they may have some cracks in their database and advise the players to send a ticket and wait a few weeks, Cabal doesn't have a few weeks if people keep getting hacked.
Cabal will continue to lose player until they stop shifting the blame on players and admit they have issues with protecting its members. Otherwise the hackers will continue to have the upper hand

careful now u might get your posts deleted again, Lol.

magicalstar
06-22-2011, 12:44 PM
They have never deleted my post, the was the Fake Magicalstar probably

sn0wXz
06-22-2011, 12:55 PM
They have never deleted my post, the was the Fake Magicalstar probably

lmao? the fake magicalstar was defending CD in the guild recruit thread? Lol k..

DeathRhythm
06-22-2011, 01:39 PM
.......that is all ^^

magicalstar
06-22-2011, 04:17 PM
lmao? the fake magicalstar was defending CD in the guild recruit thread? Lol k..

Then again you were wrong then because my post never got deleted. So anyways I<3 I<3 Not......

sn0wXz
06-22-2011, 05:14 PM
Then again you were wrong then because my post never got deleted. So anyways I<3 I<3 Not......

abortion survived. Congratulations!! :eek:

Drew
06-22-2011, 05:21 PM
snow, go back to being constructive. u of all people should really have something relevant and enlightening to share to this topic; u seem to know all the tricks in this game and are a pesudo-alter-ego of the gm. so is this an inside job?

SilentM
06-22-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but SEGA sent me an email just the other day about a security breach.

As you may be aware, the SEGA Pass system has been offline since yesterday, Thursday 16 June.

Over the last 24 hours we have identified that unauthorised entry was gained to our SEGA Pass database.

We immediately took the appropriate action to protect our consumers’ data and isolate the location of the breach. We have launched an investigation into the extent of the breach of our public systems.

We have identified that a subset of SEGA Pass members emails addresses, dates of birth and encrypted passwords were obtained. To stress, none of the passwords obtained were stored in plain text.

Please note that no personal payment information was stored by SEGA as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

If you use the same login information for other websites and/or services as you do for SEGA Pass, you should change that information immediately.

We have also reset your password and all access to SEGA Pass has been temporarily suspended.

Additionally we recommend you please take extra caution if you should receive suspicious emails that ask for personal or sensitive information.

Therefore please do not attempt to login to SEGA Pass at present, we will communicate when the service becomes available.

We sincerely apologise for this incident and regret any inconvenience caused.

We are contacting all our members with these recommendations.

sn0wXz
06-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Dont ruin the thread drew -.-, this topic is not even clear or 100% proven. No need to jump to conclusions.., im going to attempt to construct the scenario for you to understand, it requires elementary learning ability so ill make it short and simple for you. make remote installer -> link/mend to another file then send to victim, or upload labeled as something else, use cabal.com to find id auto refreshes with red text to inform of used IDs, if you have email of that account just use account ID lost section, will show the id cept last 3 letters/digits, use process of elimination to find correct ID, (requires knowledge of what the id is, or could be, same with email)

Then just hope you get lucky with pws with smtp email from the logger.., bout all that the kids who get keylogged have occur to them, subpass is usless because of the OTP reset function so if someone has compromised their own account theres no use in having a sub pass.
As for inside job i highly doubt anyone believes EST would hack their own playerbase which is already suffering from lack of population, Cash shop revenue ect, Lol...

Someone who steals your account is not going to care about being traced, all ips can be logged and on what accounts they access so theres no point for "anonymity" especially if the items are sold fast and the items are distributed to legit players who have no concern for how the item is obtained.

thats how ive seen it occur personally, but does that have any relevance here? Nope, probably not. If it was a "hacking" issue with the database im sure the people would have already went after the top accounts rather then handful of random accounts.

Thats how i had obtained reborns pass "killer234" and unfortunately for him he used the same pass for all of his emails, and other accounts, so he really screwed himself there; but i mean EST had his back and restored his account shortly after.

then ofcourse member to take plenty of ss' so you can lol afterwards, but thats just one occasion; as for this current "hacking" incident im not at liberty to discuss that, maybe in month or two when things become more clear, but untill EST says "yo bro we dun goofed with server security" your going to have no choice but accept it as the victims fault.. basically what i described is what the GMs officially typed in that other thread ( http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?21045-The-Dangers-of-Illegal-Third-Party-Programs )

and that was a waste of 5 minutes typing that, as its all been said before how it occurs, everyone is insisting its server security problem, wouldnt apply to being keylogged, but i'd think it would be more mass spread then what it is currently, but given that everyone knows how it happens with keyloggers, you think that would be a problem of the past, but gullible people are gullible...

****tl;dr safe-read mark™****

u dun goofed!!

inb4infraction :mad:

I don't know if this has anything to do with, but SEGA sent me an email just the other day about a security breach.

No thats what a competent company does when its servers' security/integrity is breached. Why would you think its somehow related to cabal?

magicalstar
06-22-2011, 07:19 PM
abortion survived. Congratulations!! :eek:
Pretty sad your mother thought about it but anyway, your ignorance does not help in this post, so stick to the topic,

sn0wXz
06-22-2011, 07:24 PM
Pretty sad your mother thought about it but anyway, your ignorance does not help in this post, so stick to the topic,

How can i be sure your the real one now, how can i be sure your forum account has not been compromised?

Im just asking because this thread is 16 pages deep(counting other topics), not much more relevancy possible.

i wouldnt count every page as relevant but muse has 26 pages on his thread alone, which is pretty much the same as this one.

sn0wXz
06-22-2011, 07:25 PM
dbl post. my apologies. ;)

SilentM
06-22-2011, 07:44 PM
No thats what a competent company does when its servers' security/integrity is breached. Why would you think its somehow related to cabal?

Well, it shows a recent pattern of game accounts being hacked into for whatever reason. Meaning, there seems to be a person or group of people who are specifically targeting players' accounts over (possibly) a variety of games.

Two, as stated in my email, some information has been stolen, and Sega even urged for that information to be changed on other websites. If other cabal players have had Sega accounts, and their accounts here just happen to have the same info, then hacking into their accounts here would be that much easier (IF this is the case).
It seems like it doesn't take much to hack into a cabal account. I noticed there's an option to reset locks via the website. Easy much?

Daedgo
06-28-2011, 07:28 AM
I think ur jelly

Nah not at all, its just that i hate Hackers ^^, for me they are the worst parasite in a game, i prefer to get my stuff doing dugeons like hell, not stealing stuff from others ^^. Fair Play ^^

Daedgo
06-28-2011, 07:33 AM

Ur Ego as a hacker its getting hurt aww T_T

IRaid101
06-28-2011, 10:14 AM
wow this has been going on for 2 weeks ? o.o

Shinji
06-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Snow is the best

Halcy
06-28-2011, 10:49 AM
donde is el mafiaboss