PDA

View Full Version : Why wont Setup work?

GodDamnItAll
07-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Why is it when i click the setup either on the desktop or in my downloads folder it crashes the location where i click the set up...

In addition it makes my computer sound like a never ending machanical growling stomach. :mad:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljqc9bEYum1qafrh6.gif

GodDamnItAll
07-01-2011, 07:22 PM
Anyone? Anyone out there even?

SilverIceForum
07-02-2011, 05:52 AM
Why is it when i click the setup either on the desktop or in my downloads folder it crashes the location where i click the set up...

In addition it makes my computer sound like a never ending machanical growling stomach. :mad:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljqc9bEYum1qafrh6.gif

Ummmmmm, highlighted in red, that doesn't sound good. My experience that is prelude to a mechanical failure in either the Hard Drive, Optical Drive (CD/DVD), or a cooling fan bearing going bad. Without hearing what this growling sound is, just a guess. I'd run a full hard drive check disk and start backing up my documents and personal files/settings directories. Start>Computer>(Hard Disk) [right click>properties>tools tab>check drive for errors>check mark both options>reboot]

Windows when it boots up again will do a thorough 5 Category Data integrity check of the hard drive, could take a while depending on speed of your system and drive as well as size of the drive. If it spits out a few errors at random sectors you can be pretty sure it is fine, probably just minor wear and tear of the computer. If it starts spitting out massive amounts of errors on a single file number designation and recovering data from disk metadata indexes and such, especially chewing on one area of the drive a long long time, you got actual physical disk damage on the disk surface. Let it finish if it can and look into buying a new drive, backing up your personal data (C:\Documents and Settings\Your User Name for Win2k/XP/2k3/2k8, C:\Users\Your User Name for Vista/Win7 and later) and any custom directories you have made, don't worry about programs, that what program install disks are for so you don't have to backup more data beyond your documents, saved files, music, videos and such which can't be recovered by just reinstalling software. If this is a secondary drive (just a storage drive) then if you got the space on your primary drive you can shift the data to a temp folder on the main drive until you can get a replacement drive, if not, then backing up to an external drive, or optical disk (cd/dvd/blu-ray burnable disks), which you will need to do if you have to backup your main drive anyway. Not knowing your level of computer experience here, but if your main drive is going bad, the less wear you put on it to recover any personal data the better until you can replace your drive, I'd suggest a Live Linux CD/DVD like Knoppix to run a linux OS off the optical drive without ever installing linux to keep windows offline while you copy your data to other media (burning backups in this option would require 2 optical drives, at least one CD/DVD reader (DVD if it is DVD read capable gives you more tools in the Knoppix arsenal than the CD version) and one DVD burner to backup to, and newer Linux variants can read and write to all windows file systems now if you have an external hard drive to use as well.

If the setup file has a part of its data on a going bad hdd sector could cause all of your symptoms.

nvious
07-03-2011, 10:11 PM
all in all just buy a new PC and reinstall the game :D good luck with it