PDA

View Full Version : When i open the client...

Kiries
07-18-2011, 04:33 PM
Hello, I recently got back in to Cabal and decided to download it. After all the downloading and installation was finished i opened up the client and the launcher just closes on me, and I'm not sure on what to do. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

sn0wXz
07-18-2011, 05:25 PM
make sure your running cabal with anti virus/firewall exceptions, and as administrator in properties tab. Depending on which operating system your using, there is different ways to elevate privileges to ensure proper function of the client as intended. After exhausting the antivirus/firewalls exceptions as well as elevating privileges of a program; and having admin account you shouldn't have any problems direclty from settings or programs collisions. Usually when the update.exe is blocked access it will still appear on screen and display error message such as failed to download server information ect ect, have you re-booted since the install btw? Assuming the installer didnt give any corrupt source messages when installing, you should be ok there. If you really wanted, you could attempt to do a clean boot, by eliminating all unnecessary programs from running while starting cabal, but again i dont think ive heard of any programs preventing the launcher from opening at all. Give those a shot, could always do teamviewer if you wanted to troubleshoot why the launcher is not opening, but id try those first suggestions for now.

just my personal opinions/suggestions, you can always submit help desk ticket if you wanted to perhaps get a sure answer from GM, unless they swing by this section and see your post and decide to answer. pz

Kiries
07-18-2011, 05:40 PM
I restarted to my computer and opened up the client and everything is working. Thanks a bunch :3

sn0wXz
07-18-2011, 05:44 PM
yea im not sure which windows your on but np, i get that sometimes too, not with just cabal but other games, seems w7 is little more sensitive then other o/s, fresh reboot after installing a program that uses reg entries and .dll files is always best bet ;).