PDA

View Full Version : guild members been hack

priest
07-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Dear GM of cabal..
why like this ? almost all my guild members been hack a week ago and just a second ago one of my members been hack ..there names kenzu / 2nel / betlog / bloodywomen / imdeadly thats my members..
we play hard and we play in a good way we give our best to earn our gears / items in a good way .. then suddenly it will be hack in a second?
hope for your concern GM ..
we just playing in a good way we did not do any violation.
please do an action on it.
try to give it back our gears been hack to my members..
dont tell me you cannot do anything..
thats why your the GM ayt? you do the game / event / gears / place / view updating it so you can do it please ......

titans05
07-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Betlog?!? Wtf!!! Hahahaha!!!

BackForMore
07-19-2011, 03:43 PM
actually.... if you look under the rules it will say that they will not replace gears upon being hacked its SUPER easy to get fake hacked and then have double the gear... hence why they dont restore gear lol most they would do is give you ur gear back but non slotted +0 lol

sn0wXz
07-19-2011, 03:57 PM
actually.... if you look under the rules it will say that they will not replace gears upon being hacked its SUPER easy to get fake hacked and then have double the gear... hence why they dont restore gear lol most they would do is give you ur gear back but non slotted +0 lol

not true. I took reborns' gear a while back, was 2x sigmetal +9s; 7 dmg craft 1 slot forci blade, +7; and some other junk cant remember.(before item upgrade cap was increased), npcd 40 cd lapis xstal, crapload of bb's.

he got his character back, and gear if im not mistaken, but quit after playing WA for a bit.

I seen the urgent help desk tickets he was sending, unfortunately at the time there was no delete ticket option lol, I was even on his forum account and when i was taking his stuff we had a login war, each of us could change pass to email but i already setup a smtp relay on his main account, so even with password changed i still got every mail that went to his main account, because i added my sub email into his forward settings which he had no clue about hahaha. Eventually they gave him it back and he changed pw n email lol.

dont ask me why, this was his fault 100% for downloading infected files. ofcourse policy/protocol could have changed since then, or there could be underlying factors why they would choose not to restore someone-else's stuff as opposed to that one situation/set of circumstances.

in short, no your wrong they can restore something if they wanted to, or felt it was the appropriate action depending on the situation. (i was on forums and ingame openly admitting it, even on his forum account so they probably had a no brainer to say yeah this looks legit, lol.)

Dear GM of cabal..
why like this ? almost all my guild members been hack a week ago and just a second ago one of my members been hack ..there names kenzu / 2nel / betlog / bloodywomen / imdeadly thats my members..
we play hard and we play in a good way we give our best to earn our gears / items in a good way .. then suddenly it will be hack in a second?
hope for your concern GM ..
we just playing in a good way we did not do any violation.
please do an action on it.
try to give it back our gears been hack to my members..
dont tell me you cannot do anything..
thats why your the GM ayt? you do the game / event / gears / place / view updating it so you can do it please ......

GM already posted about this issue if you didnt see it.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?21079-Important-Information-Regarding-Compromised-Accounts

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?21045-The-Dangers-of-Illegal-Third-Party-Programs

zomgOmglol
07-19-2011, 04:27 PM
this was his fault 100% for downloading infected files

do you always blame the victim, or just when you're the victimizer?

sn0wXz
07-19-2011, 04:55 PM
do you always blame the victim, or just when you're the victimizer?

account compromising is not always that simple.

scenario

victim:goes to youtube, types in keywords relating to his search.
victim:watches a video, realizes there is a comments section and decides to take the comment from a completely separate person then the video uploader, and download from that link.
victim:gets gear/alz stolen.
victim:claims hes been hacked with help desk ticket.

none of those actions can be done by an offender, as they take a multitude of fails, not only with downloading random files that he has no clue what they are, but also keeping the same exact password for every single account in every site related to cabal, and emails.

offender: hentai sites reborn? i dont even...
offender:lol really, /slowclap
offender:????
offender: $$$ profit $$$
offender 1 year later: hey guiz i have this funny story :D

its a niche situation, and even though i already proved at that time on forums over and over again it was his fault, he still got his characters undeleted, then spammed to sell them just a few weeks ago for usd in shout, irony. ;)

i doubt many of the other compromised accounts even come near the set of circumstances that took place for that one situation, and i dont think many people find sympathy in compromising your own account then demanding it back afterwards.