PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes after character selection

jaysong1995
08-04-2011, 08:20 AM
After choosing my character at the selection screen, the loading screen comes up and when i'm in the game world, the game freezes. I can hear the in-game music and my mouse moves, but the screen itself is frozen.
This is my first time playing Cabal and i would like to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.

jaysong1995
08-06-2011, 05:39 PM
Bump. still not resolved D:
someone help me plz

Milk
08-06-2011, 06:24 PM
happens to me too sometimes. i just wait it out :/.. or i click on the screen(it might help)

you could try logging into a less populated channel

jaysong1995
08-07-2011, 09:06 AM
happens to me too sometimes. i just wait it out :/.. or i click on the screen(it might help)

you could try logging into a less populated channel

It always happens to me D:
and when i open up task manager, Cabal is shown as not responding..
i tried making my setting the lowest, going to the least populated channel but it still doesn't work....

Milk
08-07-2011, 09:09 AM
mhmm.. that's weird ._. is your computer compatible w/ cabal's specs?

jaysong1995
08-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Yea, my computer is more than enough to run cabal...

i'm gonna try formatting the computer today and see if that works.

Milk
08-07-2011, 06:09 PM
good luck ._.

SilverIceForum
08-07-2011, 09:55 PM
I used to have this problem with an older laptop, was a dual 1.5ghz core Intel Chipset, 4gb Ram, just the gfx chip was an Intel GFX processor not up to snuff, thus why I suggest gonna play any game you need an nVidia or ATI chipset from the start b4 start looking at the Processor and Ram specs. Another thing that might be happening is your Swap File isn't large enough and managed by windows which won't increase the size of the Paging file until it needs to. You can set the size manually though, and I suggest anyone to do so, pretty simple formula for deciding its size, Physical Memory X 2.5= Virtual Memory Size or PM X 2=VM Size (Physical Memory = 4 Gigs, 4 X 2.5 = 10 Gigs for your Virtual Memory Requirements as an example). Start>Right Click "My Computer">Advanced System Settings>Advanced Tab>Under Performance Click the Settings Button>Advanced On the Next Dialog>Under Virtual Memory click Change>Select Custom From Automatically Manage or System Managed>Then Set Both Initial and Maximum Size to your VM requirements in Megabytes, so in above example 1 gig = 1024 mb, so 10 x 1024 = 10240mb, then click set then apply on the dialogs and close them out.

If Windows asks to reboot let it, also setting the Virtual Memory File Onto your Fastest Drive is also highly suggested. Try Also updating your motherboard, sound, video, and DirectX drivers to the latest available, never know, just one old driver not allowing a hard drive run at its best, fudged buggy gfx instruction and such can be a pain you not seeing fudging everything up.

HTH, and still suffering from this, post back with your system specs, see if there might be something missing.

jaysong1995
08-08-2011, 09:56 AM
YAaay after formatting the computer, it worked !!!
Now I can actually play :D

Thanks you guys for all your help :)

Milk
08-08-2011, 01:33 PM
congrats~~ have fun

SilverIceForum
08-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Well, glad that worked out for you. Yeah, people wonder why I refer to Windows as Winblows, just one example, after a few months it nerfs itself up enough you have to completely reformat and reinstall if you install and uninstall a lot of stuff, eventually the registry gets all scrambled.

Dakaka
08-08-2011, 08:10 PM
obv hax