PDA

View Full Version : I need help. . . . I can't load my cabal launcher. . . . .

shadowfangxd
08-16-2011, 12:33 AM
could anyone please help me. . . . whenever i try to load my cabal it say's "update.exe downloading then it will just go off. . . cant load my cabal. . . .. Is there anyone who could help me? Thank you!

BootyBunz
08-16-2011, 12:36 AM
could anyone please help me. . . . whenever i try to load my cabal it say's "update.exe downloading then it will just go off. . . cant load my cabal. . . .. Is there anyone who could help me? Thank you!

stop try to run your 3rd party program sir

Andromansis
08-16-2011, 12:51 AM
The most common reasons for this problem are:
1: You need to delete the update.1st file in your launcher directory
2: Your antivirus is playing havoc with it, most commonly seen when you are using Avast or Avira (its one of the two).
3: You're trying to use 3rd party programs.

shadowfangxd
08-16-2011, 07:11 AM
I'm not using 3rd person and I don't even know what that is. . . I just finish downloading the full client and installing it. . . .but by the time that I try to open the launcher thats what happens. . . . Should i turn off my anti virus? could anyone teach me how to fix this?

Milk
08-16-2011, 07:34 AM
are you playing in the correct region? this is for north america only

shadowfangxd
08-16-2011, 07:43 AM
I already deleted the update.1st but still the same. . .

shadowfangxd
08-16-2011, 07:49 AM
I live here in Guam and it still a US territory. . . But I was playing it before and stopped because I need to focus for my review for my Board exam, now i wanna play again but I'm having trouble starting it. . . . Did the Admin change it and now it is for north only? they're also selling go cash here in Guam. . .

shadowfangxd
08-16-2011, 08:17 AM
I hope any of the GM's would read this and help me in this matter. . . .. Thank you!

sn0wXz
08-17-2011, 03:39 PM
The launcher would not be prevented from starting with 3rd party programs(as in cheats as they were implying); shadowfang, you dont have anti virus programs, or any other applications preventing update.exe from executing?

Usually when your launcher cannot communicate properly, it displays the failed to download server information dialog in plain text easy to see, however if your updater is "hanging" or not starting at all, make sure your running on an admin account, with user account control(UAC) turned off, and try giving highest elevation of privileges by rights with the properties->compatibility tab->Check the Run as administrator box.

if you want a more definite answer from an actual GM, try submitting help desk ticket,

http://www.cabal.com/Support/HelpDesk

but its probably worth your while to troubleshoot it yourself.

ipawn2
08-17-2011, 07:46 PM
send a ticket

shadowfangxd
08-18-2011, 06:29 AM
The launcher would not be prevented from starting with 3rd party programs; shadowfang, you dont have anti virus programs, or any other applications preventing update.exe from executing?

Usually when your launcher cannot communicate properly, it displays the failed to download server information dialog in plain text easy to see, however if your updater is "hanging" or not starting at all, make sure your running on an admin account, with user account control(UAC) turned off, and try giving highest elevation of privileges by rights with the properties->compatibility tab->Check the Run as administrator box.

sn0wXz Thank you, that's exactly my problem is, the launcher shows up but the Downloading updates is hanging and not starting at all . . I am using bitdefender anti virus. . . Should I stop my anti virus while loading it? snowXz I really appreciate your help, if you don't mind could you please teach me how to fix this? Thankz a lot. . . .

shadowfangxd
08-18-2011, 06:31 AM
The launcher would not be prevented from starting with 3rd party programs; shadowfang, you dont have anti virus programs, or any other applications preventing update.exe from executing?

sn0wXz thanks, that's exactly my problem is, the launcher shows up but the Downloading updates is hanging and not starting at all . . I am using bitdefender anti virus. . . Should I stop my anti virus while loading it? snowXz I really appreciate your help, if you don't mind could you please teach me how to fix this? Thankz a lot. . . .

sn0wXz
08-18-2011, 10:49 AM
it opens but hangs?, have you left it for a good 10-15 minutes to see if it eventually comes up with "failed to download server information?"

I would suggest turning off the anti virus if you cant add exceptions for the cabal folder, or for the update.exe inside the cabal folder....

You could also use clean boot by turning off all services except windows core services, and seeing if you can open launcher then; if so it would suggest there is another 3rd party (anti virus) or other program/service blocking update.exe from communicating or executing properly.

shadowfangxd
08-18-2011, 09:05 PM
It says failed to download updates, please restart your launcher. . .. i keep on restarting it but still the same. . .