PDA

View Full Version : Sections of skin missing with multisampling?

Revenant_Ash
08-19-2011, 05:49 PM
I just re-downloaded this game after God knows how long, and there seems to be a graphical glitch already. I turn Multisampling to x8, my computer CAN handle it, as I have the same performance with x8 as I do with none, but there's one problem. Sections of skin seem to be... transparent. I have no idea what causes it, but it goes away with Multisampling set to none. Any way to fix this so I can play the game with my limbs in-tact and with maxed Multisampling?

EDIT: This also is affecting parts of my armor.

SilverIceForum
08-19-2011, 07:05 PM
You have the latest drivers and DirectX installed for your graphics and such??

Other than that you could try Resampling at 2x or 4x instead of 8x, 8x may be to much even though you don't see any FPS degredation or such.

Revenant_Ash
08-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Yup, up-to-date drivers, and the same problem occurs for all other levels of sampling.

SilverIceForum
08-21-2011, 10:47 AM
Hmm, might try a check files on the startup screen, but doubt it is that. Most people I know that still play don't run multisampling, nor did I even though my system could handle it as well. Forget when they added that option and always seemed to default to 8X multisampling when my settings would reset. My experience it softened the graphics to much, not to mention lagged me the heck down to much for this game, its great in a single player game, multiplayer pvp capable, best to get the fastest oomph out of your hardware as you can.