PDA

View Full Version : client download at 99% is this a joke??

krones
08-22-2011, 04:19 PM
seriously, this is the big drawback of f2p mmos, they are like that for a reason, too many bugs.

anyways just thougth i throw this in for devs, i know they are aware of this since the form has all over the same issue.

no matter what u use , opera, firefox, IE, chrome, download stops at 99% , even tried a download manager "getright" and still the same crap.

10 times i tried downloading the client, waste time and of download bandwidth 15 gigs for nothing.

how u guys manage to stay onfloat??
i mean i can not even download the damn client installer.

i guess that is the beauty of f2p games :p

unless there is a magic trick that i missed on the download instructions??:o

Andromansis
08-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Use Free Download Manager or see if there is a torrent around here somewhere. Also... MMOsite and Curse have SOME permutation of the cabal client on it. I once got the EU client working just by replacing the launcher with the NA version too.
Give me a moment to peruse these forums and see if I can't find a torrent for ya.

oXxiINel
08-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Use Free Download Manager or see if there is a torrent around here somewhere. Also... MMOsite and Curse have SOME permutation of the cabal client on it. I once got the EU client working just by replacing the launcher with the NA version too.
Give me a moment to peruse these forums and see if I can't find a torrent for ya.

Don't even bother with 3rd party sites like MMOsite, last time i previously tried after getting a new box it was still the outdated ogplanet client. (even though they have the manual patch for it, it's still a pain)

Andromansis
08-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Ok, could not find a current NA client on any of those sources. Honestly I do not know why nobody has made a bittorrent client that will download http and ftp files via the bit torrent protocol, but Free Download Manager or GetRight is the next best thing. Try one of those, and if those don't work for you just download the EU client and I'll upload the launcher (or a gm will upload the launcher) to rapidshare or megaupload.

Andromansis
08-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Don't even bother with 3rd party sites like MMOsite, last time i previously tried after getting a new box it was still the outdated ogplanet client. (even though they have the manual patch for it, it's still a pain)

The one I saw on MMOsite was the one hosted by Gamesmasters, I believe that Curse.com still has the OGplanet one. For some reason though... its still the most popular one in their F2P section.

SilverIceForum
08-22-2011, 09:13 PM
And people wonder why I suggest Linux/Unix tools for a lot of stuff, where Winblows fails good old Linux never fails.

http://www.cybershade.us/winwget/
http://khomsanph.net/apps/visualwget

both pretty simple GUI front ends for the Windows port of the Linux CLI download manager wget, actuall a very simple command to get to know from the command line, even supports resuming a stalled download if the download server supports it, the GUI front ends just make it easier on those not used to the CLI.

Also I wouldn't trust downloading anything from another site not officially supported by EST, especially with how people get hacked around here...

krones
08-23-2011, 12:32 AM
yeah, i am also a true believer of never download anything else besides the original developer site,

so in order to play the game new players need to get outside resource to download a working client?

that is very sad, shame on the original game developers for their fail to deliver a working downloadable client I guess i am not the only one who is having this issue or had this issue.

i mean i really want to try this game, but am not that desperate to dig deep into other third party sites to get a working downloadable client, this company should of have a working one, is their game after all, at least is their business and it should be treated as like.

anyways i guess like me are so many people that can not even get the client, good thing is that i got shaiya and Aika at the very first try. :-)
awesome games, I just wish i could say the same with cabal but how can I since can not even get the game dowloaded, :-(

I hope this thread gets the game developer's attention so at least they wont loose more potential clients in the future.

best of luck. and happy pvping.

Andromansis
08-23-2011, 04:29 AM
Krones, to be fair, what you're describing sounds like an error with your web browser or your computer.
I've downloaded the client via Chrome several times without any issues whatsoever.
Its also possible that your computer cannot allocate enough memory to transfer it from temporary files to your regular file directories.

That being said, what browser are you using to download it and how much free hard drive space do you have?

I would like to reverberate your point a little bit though, that the only thing keeping them from getting Cabal posted on the Free to Play section of steam is gameguard, and how it does not play well at all with the steam overlay.

SilverIceForum
08-23-2011, 08:49 AM
Another thing it could be is like on my Windows Install, Firefox sends the downloaded file through my Anti-Virus as it transfers from temporary to permanent write on the hard drive. Being that his download is stalling at 99% each time using a browser, write caching even with a minimum of 1gig memory for Win7 should not be affected it is still FIFO (First In First Out) unless another process is bottlenecking the disk write.