PDA

View Full Version : Please just fix the economy.

toibidien
05-02-2010, 12:02 PM
It can't be this hard to fix the economy. It's so bad right now that you can barely even profit from eod or sod.

On top of all this you add an event that makes the rich players dumb all their cash into an NPC to get a sigmetal amp peice. The rich are getting more powerful and us people stuck at the bottom with 20m are just getting weaker.

If you are REALLY having trouble trying to fix it, just listen to my advice.
-Increase drop rate of ALL dungeons by a significant amount.
-add an npc that sells dungeons at a reasonable price to keep the prices regulated
- increase the drop rate of 1 slot / non slot osmium and redosmium peices (so they can be vendored) by ALOT to give people spending money in the first place.
-OR even add a second version of the free dungeon quest for sods/eods/FT's

this game just isnt as good if i can't get on and start farming alz. i've had the same amount of money for nearly 3 weeks. I definitly won't be playing this game anymore when my premium runs out if ESTsoft can't even show even the tiniest amount of effort to show they care about the economy.

Berserk_Fury
05-02-2010, 12:05 PM
I somewhat agree with having an NPC sell dungeon cards, but all your other ideas are horrible because they will not fix anything.

Monopolus
05-02-2010, 12:17 PM
I think the reason the Cabal economy s in general is just the rich are greedy and they always want to see a high number of alz in their pocket. That means they overprice any sort of good item that they find, and just circulate the cash among the rich, like u said keeping the poorer people w/out as much money.

In my opinion this reflects upon the economic recession we're having now, but eh. I hate this SIGmetal event, not because I don't have the cash to do it, but everyone is pooring money back into NPC's...

Sniper
05-02-2010, 12:20 PM
On top of all this you add an event that makes the rich players dumb all their cash into an NPC to get a sigmetal amp peice. The rich are getting more powerful and us people stuck at the bottom with 20m are just getting weaker.

There's obvious pros and cons to the event. You're just focusing on the cons.

toibidien
05-02-2010, 12:36 PM

I'm specifically talking about the negative effect of the event relative to the economy. If you'd like to go focus on the pros of the event, then go make your own topic. I'm sure loads of people will care.

sn0wXz
05-02-2010, 12:39 PM
mmm besides cost of cash shop item like core enhancers, it does sorta make osm amp harder to sell in general cuz u got those pcs sitting there in gd, anyway i have to say upgrading is just as fun/if not more then the grinding/dungeon spamming. im just glad they put uch in gd for 1.5, i dont recall ogp doin this last year, i think it was just the pieces? not sure i didnt participate last year because i didnt have alz, and was rather busy with other stuff, just happend to fall into bad month for me.

Sniper
05-02-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm specifically talking about the negative effect of the event relative to the economy. If you'd like to go focus on the pros of the event, then go make your own topic. I'm sure loads of people will care.

Maybe if you weren't so retarded you would see that most of the pros are about the economy. Everyone is selling everything, driving prices down.
There's a bigger supply of low costing items, which is where your dirt poor friends come in with their 20m.

toibidien
05-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Maybe if you weren't so retarded you would see that most of the pros are about the economy. Everyone is selling everything, driving prices down.
There's a bigger supply of low costing items, which is where your dirt poor friends come in with their 20m.

It doesn't matter if prices are being drive down if the only god damn place the money is being circulated is into a ing npc. I'm sure theres more money being put into NPC's then there is actually being generated from vendoring items and quests.

The money in cabal comes from quests and vendoring items. The fastest way vendored items are created is from dungeons. Increase the amount of dungeons, you increase the amount of money that can flow through the community. Pour that money into an NPC, everything goes to hell.

Bigger supply of low costing items?
-SoD 5m
-EoD 1.9m
-FT B1F 1.3m
-RS card 900k
-LiD 1m
-UCH ~1.49m
-UCM 550k
-FCHH 2.3m
-FCH 275k

Sniper
05-02-2010, 03:04 PM
The money in cabal comes from vendoring items.

I'm sorry I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

Sheep
05-02-2010, 03:07 PM
cool story, bro

toibidien
05-02-2010, 03:08 PM
i'm sorry i can't tell if you're being serious or not.

oh your right it doesnt come from questing and vendoring, it comes from nowhere.

Lolollololololllollololololololololololollol

NiteFalcon
05-02-2010, 03:47 PM
I do think that ppl that farm drops for new alz into the market should be rewarded in some way. maybe increase NPC values for items?

CNJRP
05-02-2010, 04:03 PM
I disagree because there are those of us who have dealt with the low drop rate and still managed good gear. Raising the drop rate only screws those of us who have worked hard for what we have.

-add an npc that sells dungeons at a reasonable price to keep the prices regulated
Simple supply and demand, because a dungeon like Volcanic Citadel drops 3-4 UCH on average per run, it makes sense that the entry items would be 4m~5m. However, I can see adding the "weakened" dungeon entry items to an NPC for a reasonable price.

- increase the drop rate of 1 slot / non slot osmium and redosmium peices (so they can be vendored) by ALOT to give people spending money in the first place.
I disagree, the drop rate isn't that bad already and we don't need everything being like how "Patren, Patren" was

I don't see a need.

My comments to your suggestion are in bold within the quote. However, I will suggest now that the botters are more in-check that Chaos Lamps are NPCable for 250K again.

SkyAlpha
05-02-2010, 09:28 PM
use cash= rich
be a normal player = poor

NiteFalcon
05-02-2010, 09:45 PM
use cash= rich

thats not completely true....

EterNity
05-03-2010, 01:54 AM
use cash= rich

You should not complain when it is a free-to-play game...

All the suggestions from the OP won't work due to the fact that the to fix the economy is not as easy as you think.

LastHour
05-03-2010, 02:05 AM
You should not complain when it is a free-to-play game...

All the suggestions from the OP won't work due to the fact that the to fix the economy is not as easy as you think.

I disagree, balancing the drop quality progression from the VC dungeons on to work like the progression of LiD to VC would be something not entirely complex and would alleviate many fundamentally wrong things with the current system.

Spur
05-03-2010, 07:04 AM
learn to adapt. map entries too expensive u say? then go and farm for map entries and sell them. who said u had to farm the dungeons itself? its people like ureself that drives the prices up yet u complain. if ure not farming for entries where are they coming from? yeh these entries magically pop up for all of u to run lol

LastHour
05-03-2010, 08:19 AM
Low drop rate is what keeps most players playing. If everyone had perfect gear overnight, I am not sure as many would play. There is a thin line between items not dropping enough and items dropping too much. I think the drop rates are pretty good, especially on the newer dungeons.

People don't seem to understand the difference between drop RATE and drop QUALITY, the two are entirely separate. 500x drop rate does nothing to improve the game if the drop quality ratio were set to 99.999% alz and .001% red osmium items. Why?

This common delusion in cabal that drop rate = quality is a misunderstanding that people need to have clarified before they even begin to act like they know what they're talking about. Drop rate is the rate at which items drop and do items do not drop after killing something. A 50% overall drop rate would mean that 50% of the time you kill x monster it drops an item and the other 50% of the time it is air. Once an item does drop it goes through another separate process to determine what it is.

This is the central argument against the reloaded "update" in alz drops. The drop rate for alz increased yes, hurrah? However the drop quality of alz went down which completely negated this as making it any better than before, you must consider both aspects of drop quality and rate.

Note some things in this game already have a 100% drop rate, dungeons chests and map bosses always drop an item regardless. Thus a increased drop rate does nothing to affect this as a source of income for anyone in the game. Things like berderk would still drop the same amounts of rw3's, SEH's and amp suits as before, and you would observe no difference in these areas. These are the primary sources of income for most players and despite common belief, you wouldn't gain any more UCH off SoD, items off berderk, rare items in ft2, etc.

The drop rate for epic gears is quite low, and often in drop rate adjustments they correct the drop quality ratio to adjust to the change. Even if it weren't adjusted the rate is bad enough in this game you would never notice the difference in the amount of forci amp floating around. Consider how much of that was actually dropped legit vs how much of it was found by ft2 hackers. The game seems to have enough end-game gear of that type as is because the hackers saturated the markets by surpassing limitations of the system along with formers GMs, a problem I might add EST nor OGP never truly corrected. Without this interference I would imagine many of you would be crying for proof it was possible for forci correct amp to drop in the current system.

toibidien
05-03-2010, 12:26 PM
Low drop rate is what keeps most players playing. If everyone had perfect gear overnight, I am not sure as many would play. There is a thin line between items not dropping enough and items dropping too much. I think the drop rates are pretty good, especially on the newer dungeons.

I'm not saying that it should drop amp more often. I'm saying it should drop trash drops and dungeon entry items alot more often, so we don't have to rely on an expensive dungeon entry item to make some money without farming for hours.

Rastan
05-03-2010, 12:38 PM
if you want something in this game you have to set your goals and dedicate your time to obtaining it,if your spending all your time pvping then no,your not gonna get ,so get off your ass and kill some mobs,the economy is fine because it's community driven,and if the community doesn't do anything then of course there's gonna be inflation,qq'ing on forums won't help,your better off motivating your friends and guildies to get out there and start grinding for a better tommorow.

Monopolus
05-03-2010, 04:07 PM
People don't seem to understand the difference between drop RATE and drop QUALITY, the two are entirely separate. 500x drop rate does nothing to improve the game if the drop quality ratio were set to 99.999% alz and .001% red osmium items. Why?

This common delusion in cabal that drop rate = quality is a misunderstanding that people need to have clarified before they even begin to act like they know what they're talking about. Drop rate is the rate at which items drop and do items do not drop after killing something. A 50% overall drop rate would mean that 50% of the time you kill x monster it drops an item and the other 50% of the time it is air. Once an item does drop it goes through another separate process to determine what it is.

This is the central argument against the reloaded "update" in alz drops. The drop rate for alz increased yes, hurrah? However the drop quality of alz went down which completely negated this as making it any better than before, you must consider both aspects of drop quality and rate.

Note some things in this game already have a 100% drop rate, dungeons chests and map bosses always drop an item regardless. Thus a increased drop rate does nothing to affect this as a source of income for anyone in the game. Things like berderk would still drop the same amounts of rw3's, SEH's and amp suits as before, and you would observe no difference in these areas. These are the primary sources of income for most players and despite common belief, you wouldn't gain any more UCH off SoD, items off berderk, rare items in ft2, etc.

The drop rate for epic gears is quite low, and often in drop rate adjustments they correct the drop quality ratio to adjust to the change. Even if it weren't adjusted the rate is bad enough in this game you would never notice the difference in the amount of forci amp floating around. Consider how much of that was actually dropped legit vs how much of it was found by ft2 hackers. The game seems to have enough end-game gear of that type as is because the hackers saturated the markets by surpassing limitations of the system along with formers GMs, a problem I might add EST nor OGP never truly corrected. Without this interference I would imagine many of you would be crying for proof it was possible for forci correct amp to drop in the current system.

We have a winner. /thread.

BackUpMENG
05-03-2010, 04:08 PM
tl;dr neiro

PunaniKiller
05-05-2010, 07:54 AM

uhh wahts the pros to the event.. peopl are wsaint glaz tryna make sig to resell.. when in actualityafter the event no1 will HAVE ALZ TO BUY SHET!!!

Revenant_Ash
05-05-2010, 08:00 AM
The economy's been shot for a while. There are 2 types of people in this game, the filthy rich, and the dirt poor. There's nothing in between. I'm one of the dirt poor people, too poor to afford anything other than potions. I don't know what's going on now since I've been gone for about 3 or more months, but I can only assume it's gotten worse.

carowe27
05-05-2010, 08:03 AM
well the highly needed items do need to be at a higher drop rate. its the economies of scale theory. or the alz drop should be increased.

if the alz is increased than items will be more easily bought. but the items we need, need to be increased a bit but not much so the economy will lvl out.

now if the items people need are increased in drop the fact that they will be more readily available will cause prices to slowly decrease.

simple economics.

(this does not relate to nice gears, amp, FC, runes, etc.)(only for materials cores entries.)

YumCookies
05-05-2010, 08:16 AM
There's really no actual way to actually "fix" the economy. But, there are things to stabilize it better. Let's take for example this sig event :).
Pros:
UCH can be bought for a constant price of 1.5mil - thus not raising UCH like last event to 2-3mil+. This not only benifits those trying to upgrade sig, but also those with stit/ osm who need UCH.
Glitched alz flowing out of the economy
An event mainly for higher levels who need a gear update.

Cons:
Lower levels typically cannot do this event effectively.
The price of alz gets higher as our money flow directly into the game

LastHour
05-05-2010, 09:00 AM
There's really no actual way to actually "fix" the economy. But, there are things to stabilize it better. Let's take for example this sig event :).
Pros:
UCH can be bought for a constant price of 1.5mil - thus not raising UCH like last event to 2-3mil+. This not only benifits those trying to upgrade sig, but also those with stit/ osm who need UCH.
Glitched alz flowing out of the economy
An event mainly for higher levels who need a gear update.

Cons:
Lower levels typically cannot do this event effectively.
The price of alz gets higher as our money flow directly into the game

You have your idea flipped, what is needed is price floors, not ceilings. The almost non-existent price floor on valuable items such as npc prices of 10k etc allow players to entirely control prices. As the market has become saturated over time these items have become near worthless. The event is an exception but I'm sure most people realize without this x factor the prices for FCH, UCH steadily decline with time. This hurts this as a source of income, what is really needed is stable items for the creation of the middle class. Items that have a fixed price, red osmium drops for instance and can be found more readily in relation to the difficulty of dungeons as they increase. This would fix the fundamental problem of cabal's economy that dungeons past VC do not correlate with income in relation to their difficulty.

YumCookies
05-05-2010, 09:18 AM
You have your idea flipped, what is needed is price floors, not ceilings. The almost non-existent price floor on valuable items such as npc prices of 10k etc allow players to entirely control prices. As the market has become saturated over time these items have become near worthless. The event is an exception but I'm sure most people realize without this x factor the prices for FCH, UCH steadily decline with time. This hurts this as a source of income, what is really needed is stable items for the creation of the middle class. Items that have a fixed price, red osmium drops for instance and can be found more readily in relation to the difficulty of dungeons as they increase. This would fix the fundamental problem of cabal's economy that dungeons past VC do not correlate with income in relation to their difficulty.

Ah that's what I meant :p

carowe27
05-05-2010, 09:45 AM
yeah price floor is good.

Sniper
05-05-2010, 11:04 AM
The economy's been shot for a while. There are 2 types of people in this game, the filthy rich, and the dirt poor. There's nothing in between. I'm one of the dirt poor people, too poor to afford anything other than potions. I don't know what's going on now since I've been gone for about 3 or more months, but I can only assume it's gotten worse.

I hope you don't expect to get rich by dancing in Bloody Ice and going to Mission War.

CyrStalAFX
05-05-2010, 11:13 AM
^_^

LILCHAOLAO
05-05-2010, 11:20 AM
All I got on me Is 100k or 2 and Im 140 o.O

Sniper
05-05-2010, 11:22 AM
Just because you're a certain level doesn't mean you should have a certain ammount of alz in your inventory. By saying that it just shows everyone how damned lazy you are.

Spur
05-05-2010, 11:44 AM
ft1 is a way better dungeon than vc. time needed for both dungeons isnt that far apart as well but if u ran 100 of each on avg ft1 will give higher profit. ft1 also has the chance of eox+8 which u will never find in vc

YumCookies
05-05-2010, 11:55 AM
I agree with Spur.
VCs are what right now... 5- 7mil each? And UCH in there are like 1.8m each [since people think regular UCH is more lucky than NPC...myths...] Let's say you avg 4/5 UCH a run and make a constant of like 10m a run and a 2-3m profit each run.
For FT1...they're like 700k each with a 1mil fee = 1.7mil. Then there's a fairly high chance to get at least 1 acbf/ uchh every 2 runs [10 - 13mil each]. So then you're making a bit higher and if not the same profit as you are in VC, along with the fact that an eox+8 can drop.

LastHour
05-05-2010, 04:32 PM
ft1 is a way better dungeon than vc. time needed for both dungeons isnt that far apart as well but if u ran 100 of each on avg ft1 will give higher profit. ft1 also has the chance of eox+8 which u will never find in vc

I disagree, FT does not often yield much profit. VC can be run faster and theres no risk of a 7 fch run really or not finding a key, you'll almost always walk out with at least 1-2 UCH, things to break for red osm cores, full inventory of stuff to npc, etc. Chance for eox +8 is a joke at best, there have been several euros who have run like 2000 of them without finding one. Not to mention there has only ever been 1 legit useful one found on merc's history, the eos +8 that Saiera found [whom I might also add had done hundreds and hundreds of FTs]. Theres no guarantee of profit between the 1m for the cape and the dungeon entry, you can actually lose money if drops prove bad. FT is largely a waste of time, its find a eox +8 or bust. I'd like to think my chances of finding a +7 cape or osmium amp in VC are much higher than getting an eox +8. Not to mention the SP drain from VC is much lower than FT, the dancing time before entering again adds up for most people [since they're not all wizs] which is an added time cost you didn't consider.

RickAstley
05-05-2010, 04:38 PM
mang dont try to front on spur he kill u

kthx bro spur always right he #1

Nanjirou
05-05-2010, 04:44 PM
Only if you solo ft...idk if i can do it with only 5 bars Sp

Sonic
05-05-2010, 04:46 PM
switch class to blader and 2 bar ft ftw

toibidien
05-06-2010, 04:37 PM
switch class to blader and 2 bar ft ftw
im only 143, so by the time i finish chakris ive only got like 10 minutes left. doubt i could do orca.

why is chakris so easy though? >.<

legend43
02-09-2011, 04:46 PM
I've been with cabal ever since it started in '06 (Global, not Korean). Been trying to say this ever so often to those GMs and whoever I could get to.

What we know and appreciate about Cabal:

- Great graphics
- Nice music (repetitive, but a good listen once atleast)
- Gorgeous and fast paced skills
- Simple and (too) easy grind / quests
- Nice costumes / epaulets

What we might know, but may not realise the repercussions:

- Party with other players in Cabal is almost never (not until 125+, but by then most have already quit)
- All players wear very similar armor (ignoring the costumes). Even the 'Epics' don't differ much
- Crafting is pointless because crafted items are not character bound after equipping them. What this means is that the prices keep dropping depending on the number of crafted items in the server. Eg: Crafter makes an adept sword for 100k, a player uses it and gets rid of it for 90k, forcing the crafter to drop the price further
- Same war map /mission every time, 6 times a day...

I know a lot of you would probably flame this post or tell me to I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ from the game, but try almost any successful MMO out there and compare.

LɐthalH
02-09-2011, 05:04 PM
try almost any successful MMO out there and compare.

No MMO has anything over Cabal itself except the actual "lore". The size of Cabal's world is pathetic.

MandaloreTheIndomitible
02-10-2011, 06:00 AM
Or people could just stop running the dungeon for a while if they don't like the price of it... lol

Shinji
02-10-2011, 06:46 AM
LOL I remember when lid costed like around mils in the time of little foot and shiz

ntvinh1602
02-10-2011, 07:24 AM
LOL the thread starter's name means "I'm mad" in Vietnamese :))
Just try to translate "tôi bị điên" and see :D

Snakeyes
02-10-2011, 07:33 AM
i cant fix the economy Bush screwed it up man

forumpost
02-10-2011, 01:28 PM
It can't be this hard to fix the economy. It's so bad right now that you can barely even profit from eod or sod.

If you are REALLY having trouble trying to fix it, just listen to my advice.

this game just isnt as good if i can't get on and start farming alz. i've had the same amount of money for nearly 3 weeks. I definitly won't be playing this game anymore when my premium runs out if ESTsoft can't even show even the tiniest amount of effort to show they care about the economy.

communist ... merchants will never earn too much with prices regulated D:

Light
02-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Bit old thread, but here are my thoughts after a few weeks playing about where the problem lies :

- Bots : Bots farm alz 24/7 and can introduce a few billions worth of alz/items day and it's accumulating as we're speaking. This ends up with the server having generally way too much alz.

- Alz buyers : With the lack of actions taken against both bots and alz buyers, players tend to buy alz instead of CC items ( voucher ), which bring in the alz from bots to the players, then from that buyer to other player which he's buying items from ( Alz -> Bot -> Alz Buyer -> Item seller ) this all leads to a huge amount of alz circulating in the server, leading to an "inflation". ( ever wonder why items are rising in price generally? )

- Players : Player's mentality is likely to farm for items, but not for alz, and this leads to the issue of bots having the alz, and players having the items, and since the players don't trade items for items and take the alz as the main currency, you end up needing the alz from the bots, which they supply in huge amounts.

OFC there are other factors such as the effect of the glitched amounts of alz, illegally introduced alz, and alz coming from GSC, all that just made a huge amount of alz avaliable on the server, and EST is trying to counter that slowly by adding sink holes that would reduce the amount of alz slowly, sadly they'll never decrease the alz at the pace needed since bots will always keep getting the alz influx higher than the amount lost generally.

What need to be done to get the economy in a better shape would mainly be :
- Mass bots bans.
- Banning alz buyers.
- Introducing more events that trade alz for items, or eat up the alz in one way or another more regularly.

LeʇhalHeart
02-10-2011, 04:41 PM
communist ... merchants will never earn too much with prices regulated D:

Regulated prices doesn't mean communism...