PDA

View Full Version : Make Me a Forum Moderator

Vivisepulture
09-06-2011, 06:21 PM
I believe that having the experience I do in MMO communities, I would make a great forum mod. Feel free to contact me for any more information. I would be willing to do this happily for no charge or benefits.

DragonWi
09-06-2011, 08:35 PM
No

silver
09-06-2011, 08:51 PM
No
+1

Immortal Dilemma
09-06-2011, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't mind having ViVi as a mod seem like he has a good head on his shoulders.

sn0wXz
09-07-2011, 12:51 AM
Being a Moderator on private forums/servers, is totally different then working for a company, present in attendance and working towards common priorities.

Besides nobody takes a player moderator as serious as an actual representative for the company.

Vivisepulture
09-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Being a Moderator on private forums/servers, is totally different then working for a company, present in attendance and working towards common priorities.

Besides nobody takes a player moderator as serious as an actual representative for the company.

I also have a lot of experience as a moderator, and I wont be a representative for the company. I will simply help keep the forums clean, providing only the authority that is necessary while moderating a forum. Respect from players is simply gained through simple care of the forums.

sn0wXz
09-07-2011, 10:57 AM
I also have a lot of experience as a moderator, and I wont be a representative for the company. I will simply help keep the forums clean, providing only the authority that is necessary while moderating a forum. Respect from players is simply gained through simple care of the forums.

I'm not flaming you but, im just saying being private forum/server moderator in any situation is not "experience", lol. I know you wont be a rep for the company, thats why i said nobody takes player moderators seriously. Respect from moderating forums? Ok bro, im just telling you they had many chances for respected players to help moderate, or even continue ingame help, and decided to go with inhouse staff only, which is fine if thats there protocol.

I was referring to gough, and starla for the help they contributed to GA system, and were not part of any of the reasons for dismantling it, also silvericeforum has helped people alot and is very neutral as far as guilds n such, obviously i dont know/imply they have had any REAL experience in moderating, but i think they were prime candidates long ago before EST had as many GMs as it has now, which is plenty, and makes other games staff look foolish the way they handle things, and address them.

After a few weeks in dragon nest, i see the difference between real moderation from a dev. company, and just some 3rd party publisher who doesnt really care about anything but profit margins..*cough* nexon *cough*. It could be ALOT worse then what it is, and its not as bad as it used to be in cabal forums, theres always room for improvement given its the internet..

whitetrash
09-07-2011, 11:26 AM
And no

plzbuffme
09-07-2011, 04:32 PM
sorry, you dont join a community one day and in the same month, become a moderator there.

and its a conflict of interest.

Vivisepulture
09-07-2011, 06:12 PM
Fair enough, I retract my submission, just offering my help.

#Request Close

sn0wXz
09-07-2011, 08:36 PM
You really dont have to retract anything, in the end they could do whatever they wished like "hey guiz snow is hating on this guy lets gib him 30 day moderator status :cool:".

I just dont think the forums are that bad to be honest, due to subjection from moderators i want to be clear i wasn't joking or trolling at all, just stating my opinion.