PDA

View Full Version : EXP and Hot Spots.

Immortal Dilemma
09-08-2011, 02:07 AM
When most are leveling in cabal it seems like it’s a tidus task that consumes a lot of your time, but most of us have a alternative way of gaining levels. Such as in Nation war, and Dungeons, or just the plain grinding in one spot, and here’s the big mac of the problem that i see in gaining experience while grinding. It's a one spot thing, That's right "One Spot" what’s up with the rest of the map? Why aren't there more hot spots in the maps that we gain levels from? It a daily spot that we all come to know "The Bloody orges (in lakeside) Brannys and Ecoleafs (Mutant Forest), Coronas and Brachium (Pontus Ferrum), and Port Inferno "The Hell hounds" (gets repetitive after a while if your alone). Most would say "What’s the point in going to Lakeside or any of the player kill maps to level when I can just do a dungeon with my friends and gain twice the experience it takes me to gain in that spot for an hour or more?" Well who could disagree with that kind of an answer, and why should no one not do anything and just leave the way it is now? I would like to say this What’s the point in the trip to that spot in those maps? Better yet what’s the point to that dungeon that you want to grind at? Yes that is every questionable indeed, and it leaves you without any clear answers. The reason behind this thread is the how come and why not, and the just plain question of what’s the meaning behind a huge map if it’s not being explored?

But getting back to the topic “why aren't there more hot spots in the maps that we level at?" Are there more hot spots in that map that were not or hasn't been discovered? I'm not sure of that all I currently know is that if I’m 140-149 I’m either in Mutant Forest or Pontus Ferrum leveling in the typical spot Brannys and Ecoleafs or the center of the map in PF. (where most likely I’ll get killed if it’s that persons first time in those maps). The only map that seems to have more spots to leveling is Lakeside gaining levels in that map gets from a new to a more progressing and more difficult spot. This should be added into both Mutant Forest, Pontus Ferrum and Porta Inferno a progressing style added to each map would be a nice way to explore each map for either leveling or dungeon runs. There should be up to five hot spots in a map that player’s level from, and not just the ones i named. Currently here are some of the common experience when visiting these for example its either infested with players trying to level like you, boss hunting, or the troll player that thinks it’s good idea to instigate a fight with a random player leading to a grief report in the future wasting more time out from the Game Masters time. Preventing all of the many ways i just jotted down from happening could be dealt with just adding an alternative.

One, adding in more hot spots to get people to explore the maps that they're trying to gain levels in. Exploring this common problem could keep the player in touch with their surroundings, but it’s not were scudded to only one spot in that same place in that map. Just like the casual player that relays on nation war to gain WEXP to either gain (from EXP points) or just spaming a dungeon to gain something to motive the player to keep doing it. That brings me to when a player is having to relay on premium memberships to gain a boost from either BBPlus and Boost levers (not sure whats the correct name for it at the moment) they do that before it ends leaving them with only to do the same routine over again. I know its a good way to get players to resort to using real money on the game, but there should be an alternative way just like the either going to nation war or doing Honor Plates but in map hot spots for experience.

For a long time i been always wondering why are these maps like that. "Like what?" Okay here's an example most are in area's that are in the same spot as a map. Dungeon's entries typical spots are in that selected map or aren't accessible on sight ,but then it's hidden like Mutant Forest, Porta Inferno and Forgotten Ruina in beginier maps. Lake in the dust is in the same category its in the same gate as Mutant Forest which is covered as if it was a land mine. "How come this can't be tweaked?" for example the traveler transport you from green despire the same way you enter Port lux its like a third party enterence. Like what if there were a gate for Mutant Forest, Porta Inferno and Forgotten Ruina in the Port Lux warp gate where Fort Runia, Lakeside, and Porta Inferon. Tweaking this would be less confusing for players that are just hitting the 125 level range, and make it seem more of a place to be with less distractions then usual. There shouldn't be a third party enterence in map and dungeons alike, but a gate for maps or a teleporter for dungeons. A good example could be the way the D.X Dungeon steamer crazy is currently like, why not add a function for instant dungeons like the D.X ones? They're instant dungeons right? "Yeah they are" answer me this then why are most hidden and not on sight? I need a answer to this and i am currently not the only one.

Sina
09-08-2011, 04:13 AM
as for the exp part, just go spam fire traps IC2 from lvl 135+ with a lil party
for the dungeons locations, if you have prem or bb+ you can just go where you want in 2 sec..

Valdoroth
09-08-2011, 07:39 AM
to answer your warping question at the end: the game was originally designed that way. If you've ever seen a map of the world of Nevarath it also makes sense. MF is right next to GD. LiD according to the storyline is in the Mutant Forest region of the world.

The reason there are not more hotspots is because the maps only have a few select spots that make it easier to mob the monsters and therefore hit more at once. There are more than 1 spot in MF, but the reason the Branny spot remains the primary used one is because of 2 factors, number of mobs and exp from the mobs. All mobs differ in defense and so you hit some harder than others. Triktors in PF are an easy to mob spot, but again they give you almost 1/2 the experience as Cornus and Brachium so are not worth grinding at unless you're around lvl 140-145, which even then it's easy to mob at the Corn Field (one of the names I call then center with the Cornus and Brachium).

Wexp now isn't used to lvl as much anymore because it's not worth it. Sure you can war for 1 hour and get 20m exp. Or you can grind in PI with the daily quest for an hour and get 7m exp + all the exp from the required mobs and then some which adds up to be more than 20m even at 174 (my lvl).

I must ask, what are you suggesting in a nutshell here? You posted a small essay, but what is the one line suggestion?

Immortal Dilemma
09-08-2011, 10:11 AM
"to answer your warping question at the end: the game was originally designed that way. If you've ever seen a map of the world of Nevarath it also makes sense. MF is right next to GD. LiD according to the story line is in the Mutant Forest region of the world."

Yeah, I kinda was ranting and completely forgot about the story behind that.. sorry about that, but the other question you asked was the answer that i was kinda thinking to myself ,and i wrote it above. The fact is that the typical spots in PF aren't really helping players they way it did back when most were in MF, like so the mobs gather together in MF creating a box like spot aka the brannys and ecoleafs, but when you got to PF it all changed the mobs are all spread apart when you get to the center. I know you can just do it and it wont be a problem okay i get that part and i know it seem a bit confusing so yeah i was going on. I was just curios to know why didn't we have more hot spots in each map that we level, to compare like Lakeside your gain a new stop after the entrance aka "The Bloody Orc" how come every map can't be that way? Having every map like that could benefit the map to be explored, then just asking around to know what spot gives the most exp. "Why not just add a few spots in the map that balances around players levels when entering the map from their levels to when they max out the map.

To sum it up in "line" simply.. "could there be a alternative way or more hot spots in the map that we level then the over ran system we have now crowed by different nations.

Valdoroth
09-11-2011, 05:30 AM
For me the solution to the altered locations of the mobs from the Illusion Castle Radiant Hall update is instead of at the intersections, but in between the side and center intersections almost dead middle. I get just as many if not 1 or two more compared to the original. And for the cornus, the center below where ppl usually dance is actually a great spot to mob easy now. PF used to be similar to MF with small groups of like 4 mobs at the intersections, but this was altered and now you can just as easily mob like 4-8 or so without harldy moving. So your question was actually fixed awhile back. :)

plzbuffme
09-17-2011, 11:52 AM
oath of sacrifice = where?

Immortal Dilemma
09-17-2011, 11:58 AM
oath of sacrifice = where?

Not sure what you mean, but i think you buy it in item shop.