View Full Version : Question : Are they really banned?

Immortal Dilemma
09-22-2011, 04:13 PM
A little question, are the botters or third party players(all the non-legit things that can be done to get your account banned) IP banned, or Is it temporarily? Seems like anyone can get a hacking program or any program that ends up making the Gm's work stressful, and i'm just curious are you guys IP banning these people? Ip ban as in blocking that PC from being able to play this game.

SilverIceForum
09-22-2011, 04:34 PM
Depending on the offense severity or type they have IP banned in the past, but there work arounds for that. A true ban they would ban the Processor ID, but that way way way more expensive a system they can afford :P

youandme
09-22-2011, 04:53 PM
lol hide your ID..they won't know

Sprite
09-22-2011, 05:21 PM
lol hide your ID..they won't know

computer illiterate person has arrived

Chifang
09-22-2011, 05:22 PM
lawl i got banned for being WITH third party users apparently.
they unbanned my account though or at least in my ticket they said it.
still waiting for them to actually unban it to where i can say in.
=p

sn0wXz
09-22-2011, 05:23 PM
Account bans are the most effective to date. IPs are useless to ban due to socks5 proxies, any id/serial for hardware is useless as most of its spoof-able somewheres in windows... I think they reserve IP ban for the people who repeat offenses or commit a more severe offense as silver said, and just leave normal account block for the average person breaking TOS. I mean really if they could effectively ban a client from ingame, you would not see any spammers on any f2p mmo...not specific to est or anything, more of a general consensus among all mmos..

scream
09-23-2011, 12:18 PM
i wonder how long it takes Helpdesk to answer 1 ticket...

i was also hoping they could gave a deadline/dates to all the tickets they receive, rather than we are waiting for.. idk how many days... for our ticket to be answered..

and also hoping they are giving priority to premium user customers.. as they are the main reason.. Cabal are still running...

whitetrash
09-23-2011, 12:26 PM
God you people are I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ing slow they can't give deadlines cause they don't know some tickets take slot of leg work dome are ez just depends on the problem also depends how many hundreds or thousands of tickets are in front if yours just chill the I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ out and wait your turn FFS let the gms do there job you dumb people waste ticket helping time by flooding the forums with your stupid pitty me bs

scream
09-23-2011, 12:40 PM
God you people are I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ing slow they can't give deadlines cause they don't know some tickets take slot of leg work dome are ez just depends on the problem also depends how many hundreds or thousands of tickets are in front if yours just chill the I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ out and wait your turn FFS let the gms do there job you dumb people waste ticket helping time by flooding the forums with your stupid pitty me bs

lol your just lucky you dont get blocked for no reason..

for sure if you get blocked like they did to us.. for sure you will feel the same we do right now...

ROFLwiz
09-23-2011, 12:55 PM

for sure if you get blocked like they did to us.. for sure you will feel the same we do right now...

meh it's a game. get blocked, send ticket, dun get unbanned, go on wiht life...

whitetrash
09-23-2011, 12:58 PM

Might wanna know what your talking about before you speak :) yes I've been banned before took them a long time to get it figured out but I also sent them a train load of evidence in my defence thanks for playing

scream
09-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Might wanna know what your talking about before you speak :) yes I've been banned before took them a long time to get it figured out but I also sent them a train load of evidence in my defence thanks for playing

LOL atleast.. you know the reason why your account got blocked.. they accused you and like you said.. you sent them LOAD of evidence.. to prove you are innocent...

But for us.. we dont know why they blocked our account...

whitetrash
09-23-2011, 01:11 PM
Lol what you think I got the info I needed when they did it well nope
I sent a ticket and waited dun dun dun

scream
09-23-2011, 01:18 PM
LOL you're just saying it.. coz you're not in the same situation we are right now..

whitetrash
09-23-2011, 01:22 PM
Nah I waited and killed time on a reroll with some guild hand me down gear while I waited

Immortal Dilemma
09-23-2011, 08:23 PM
Umm, can we get back on topic?

doomer123
09-23-2011, 08:34 PM
Bot for a day, and get caught. You'll find out.

Immortal Dilemma
09-24-2011, 11:29 AM
Bot for a day, and get caught. You'll find out.

Umm, isn't that obvious that's going to happen? Sorry to disappoint i'm a legit player ,so i wouldn't need to have to do this to prove a point.
=3

sn0wXz
09-24-2011, 11:58 AM
there is nothing more to discuss in this topic, in short yes they may be account banned, ip banned; but there is no "end-game ban" to end all bans if thats what your pondering. thats due to the overwhelming number of proxy IPs in the service region, you would see 0 spammers ingame if they could effectively end a clients ability to join the game after a ban.

edit: im surprised they didnt add an unique encrypted key to the setup.exe on each download, to prevent that client from accessing online play after its been flagged as abusing tos, regardless of IP. in the end that would only slow down each repeated access attempt, given they could just re-download the .exe as you probably wont see any hardware ID determining the setup.exes' unique key...its pretty much not worth the effort i guess..

doomer123
09-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Umm, isn't that obvious that's going to happen? Sorry to disappoint i'm a legit player ,so i wouldn't need to have to do this to prove a point.
=3

You asked a question; I proposed a solution.

jimbo
09-24-2011, 02:51 PM
computer illiterate person has arrived

computer nerd has arrived

SilverIceForum
09-24-2011, 04:37 PM
there is nothing more to discuss in this topic, in short yes they may be account banned, ip banned; but there is no "end-game ban" to end all bans if thats what your pondering. thats due to the overwhelming number of proxy IPs in the service region, you would see 0 spammers ingame if they could effectively end a clients ability to join the game after a ban.

edit: im surprised they didnt add an unique encrypted key to the setup.exe on each download, to prevent that client from accessing online play after its been flagged as abusing tos, regardless of IP. in the end that would only slow down each repeated access attempt, given they could just re-download the .exe as you probably wont see any hardware ID determining the setup.exes' unique key...its pretty much not worth the effort i guess..

You know, I like how you think there. Some unique random sequence attached to the executable code on install based on the OS's random seed it generated at boot up, and couple other hash numbers of UIDs from the hardware at install stored in the install directory or part of the executable's registry key. Pinpointing the exact box that is offending. Still would take a lot of coding to do it, not to mention still be expensive to deploy.