PDA

View Full Version : Game internet problem.

b34stlikemodz
09-24-2011, 05:55 AM
ok. before i play the game i can go on the internet just fine, then i start it up, then i cant, but i can still play the game. and then when i log off, i can log back on, and when i shut down the game, i cant re-open it. so therefore i have to restart my computer to play the game or go onto the internet. I really want to get this problem fixed, beacause cabal is literally my #1 mmorpg game there is out there.

-Thanks

sn0wXz
09-24-2011, 11:34 AM
Do you have any anti virus, or firewall on? Disable data execution prevention or add exception for cabal, disable User account control or lower it, Give Admin rights in compatibility tab of the cabalmain.exe, click Change Settings for all users -> Check mark Run as Admin, then Click apply. Most likely its another program hindering cabal from closing properly. If you disable any Anti virus and firewalls (Even windows default one); and it still requires reboot to access the internet or restart the client, i would suggest trying a clean boot of your pc using msconfig.exe.

type msconfig.exe in your search or use run prompt, which ever;

Click Selective start up, Load system services, Load startup items. (we modify the startup anyway so wont matter with the items)
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/3629/selectivestart.png

Next click Services tab, Check mark "Hide all Microsoft services" then click Disable all.
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/1990/serviceshidemicrosoft.png

Lastly you can check through the start up items and see if theres any anti virus program or such listed, and disable it; try to disable most of them until you can find out whats preventing the access to the internet and the client after shutting it down..
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/9250/startupprogram.png

to undo the proccess, just type msconfig, and click "Normal Startup", which will ignore the selective programs you wanted to disable upon start up..

Immortal Dilemma
09-24-2011, 11:40 AM
One method you could try is going to task manager, and ending all the process of your internet browser. That's what I do before logging on to any major client, and if that works for me then it should for you.

sn0wXz
09-24-2011, 11:50 AM
One method you could try is going to task manager, and ending all the process of your internet browser. That's what I do before logging on to any major client, and if that works for me then it should for you.

Internet explorer has nothing to do with the client not being able to open after closing, until reboot. I dont get why you terminate internet explorer before logging into "any major client"; internet explorer itsself is not going to disable the internet or prevent cabal from opening after closing, I usually keep firefox n such open in the background so i can take quick forum searches, listen to music ect..

I dont know what you mean by "if that works for me it should for you"; I dont think you even know what hes describing.. Not trying to be rude but its a rather pointless suggestion..