PDA

View Full Version : New Group of Players

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Dear Cabal Members,

Me and two friends are planning on playing this game. We are more or less completely new - I have already started playing and learning about the game - and we have one important question. We want to be able to play together, and from what I've gathered the progression of the game is something like this: 1-35ish Quests, 35-95ish Quests with some grind/dungeon play, and than from 95 on you basically grind and do dungeons. What we want to know is when, or even if, the quests we do at first and hopefully later on, end up merging together? I will explain in more detail my question in a moment after I give some quick information on our little party.
I am going to be playing a Force Shielder, one of my friends will be a Wizard, and the other a Force Archer. I know that Force Shielders and Warriors start in Bloody Ice, Wizards and Bladers start in Desert Scream, and that Force Archers and Force Bladers start in Green Despair. I currently have (as a solo character) a level 16 Warrior and have followed the quest chains as they were given to me.
So the question is as follows: Me and my two friends will all be starting in different starting zones. If we do the quests as they are given to us will we end up doing the same quests at some point there by allowing us to do the quests together? If so at what level, roughly, will this merging of the quests occur? If not do you have any recommendations - other than all playing a class that starts in the same zone - that will allow us to play as a group? (For example, skipping all the non-character enhancing (level 10, 20, 30, etc quests and/or quests that unlock new zones) and just grinding together.) If group play is not plausible until 90+ than please state that as well, because if that is case my friends and I won't bother attempting to play.
I appreciate any and all help that can be given with regards to this matter.

Sincerely,
Rose

SantaClaus
10-08-2011, 09:14 PM
umm no

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 09:19 PM
you will be able to do quest with your friends but not all of them

NiteFalcon
10-08-2011, 09:21 PM
early game is not much team play. but it also doesnt take very long if you work efficiently.

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 09:22 PM
yea it wont be too long

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 09:31 PM
All right let me ask this: Is there a main city or capitol city like in most games? (Maybe Port Flux?) Is it at that point - around 50 - that we will begin being able to play heavily together? I thank you both for your answers so far, but I am curious to have slightly more number based answers (specific level group like 20's or 50's)? I have to run this past my friends before we decide to invest our time in this game. Again thank you for your current answers, and thank you to anyone who posts further information.
Also if we group together in the beginning and just help each other do each other's quests will that hurt us in the long run? Like massively out leveling our quests/missing quests/etc?

plzbuffme
10-08-2011, 09:34 PM
instead of force archer and force shielder you guys should play force blader and warrior. then you'll have a better party.

EzSeleneEz
10-08-2011, 09:36 PM
for the most part, youll have generally the same story quests almost right away i think. Do not skip the rank up quests, the 10, 20, 30 and whatnot. But once you get to weak lake in dusk, which takes about no time at all, and is the first real dungeon. you can run those together and from then on, run through all of the new ones you get to by gaining levels. you wont have a problem with team play, quests arent a huge part of this game honestly, most of us that make new chars skip all we can because theyre kind of boring and repetitive. but, the dungeons will be funner to do as a group.

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 09:37 PM
bloody is the usual gathering spot and what server are you on?

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 09:52 PM
for the most part, youll have generally the same story quests almost right away i think. Do not skip the rank up quests, the 10, 20, 30 and whatnot. But once you get to weak lake in dusk, which takes about no time at all, and is the first real dungeon. you can run those together and from then on, run through all of the new ones you get to by gaining levels. you wont have a problem with team play, quests arent a huge part of this game honestly, most of us that make new chars skip all we can because theyre kind of boring and repetitive. but, the dungeons will be funner to do as a group.

Thank you very much. This is extremely good news to me. That is exactly what we are looking for - heavy dungeon group play, and the quests being applicable to the party.
@xFaLL3NxAng3L: We are playing on Venus. We wanted to go with the slightly less populated server. I did notice a lot of high levels in Bloody and was wondering about that. So no capitols, that's an interesting twist on the typical MMO setup.
@plzbuffme: Basically I like to tank in most games, from what I would tell the Force Shielder is the tank of this game. My one friend (the one playing the wizard) likes to heal, but it didn't seem there is a healer in this game so he went with wizard hoping they would have some heals and if not he would be his second game style choice of ranged dps. My last friend likes to play the typical archer/ranger type character, so we knew that Force Archer was right for him from the start. Would any of you have a recommendation on switching up the classes we are planning on playing based on the description I have given? Should I be playing as plzbuffme suggested a Force Blader?

Thank you all for your help so far and thank you to anyone who continues to help us as we enter this new stage of our decently lengthy MMO gaming careers.

Sincerely,
Rose

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 09:59 PM
um archers are the best healers in game

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 10:05 PM
FORCE ARCHER-healer and range and retargeter
FORCE SHEILDER-tanker
FORCE BLADER-debuffer
BLADER-bess class to solo bosses
WARRIOR-can tank like fs but can be extra muscle in party
WIZARD-only good for sp

NiteFalcon
10-08-2011, 10:06 PM
when I said early game doesnt take too long I meant it. If you really want you can get to lvl 100 in 2 days, or even 1 day maybe if your nuts.

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 10:06 PM
um archers are the best healers in game

That is interesting. In that case would a group setup of Force Shielder (Tank), Force Archer (DPS), and Force Archer (Healer/Buffer - Noticed they do buffs) be decent? Speed of kills is slightly irrelevant unless it's going to end up taking us twice the time it takes others to kill things.

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 10:08 PM
well 1 fa is all you need . . . u need either a blader or wizard but i prefer blader

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 10:11 PM
speed of kills matter alot in this game . . . mainly when hunting bosses and runnun dungeons

basic makeup of a ideal party in cabal :
supporter
dps
tanker

u can have up to 7 ppl in a party. . .
you can switch it up a little if you want

Lann
10-08-2011, 10:12 PM
u should go WA cuz they can also tank and forcebladers will help later on in the game for their debuffs especially in killing other players
wizard is a must

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 10:15 PM
yea wizards are only good for sp

Lann
10-08-2011, 10:18 PM
FA only become useful in end game dungeons should yea u guys should go with Warrior,forceblader,wizard combo

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 10:21 PM
@xFaLL3NxAng3L: The only problem is that I am the only one who is slightly flexible. The friend who likes to heal will always pick healing over anything else. My other friend is more or less incapable of playing melee - not as skilled at gaming as me and the healing friend are. I might be able to talk the less skilled friend into playing Wizard, me being FS, and my other friend will no doubt now be a Force Archer.
Also we are willing to go a little slower for now and not burn through content - read below.
@NiteFalcon: I understand that - saw numerous people post about how easy it is to get up to the 100 mark (1-2 days); however, my party has 2 skilled gamers and 1 slightly above average gamer. The slightly above average gamer though is rather slow at quests. Furthermore, we are hoping to just leisurely play through the game and enjoy it - power leveling has ruined a couple of games for us and we want to try just enjoying the game.
@If wizard is a must we can change the party comp to War/FS, Force Archer, Wizard. We only have the three of us though so we can't exactly have 1 of everything. We have no interest in PVP really - yes I know a lot of the end game is about PVP, but we will probably stick to doing dungeons, raids (I saw there were a couple), and PVE content. So from what you are telling me Force Blader is not a must in the party comp.

I read that Warriors are more heavily Single Target killers/tankers and Force Shielders are Tankers/AOE Killers. I much prefer to aoe kill than single target kill. Thank you again for your continued help.

Sincerely,
Rose

Chippo
10-08-2011, 10:21 PM
Greetings from a Venus resident. ;D

As you are already familiar, there are basically tanker, dps-er, healer, and debuff-er in this game, too. Although the roles of tanker and dps-er are ambiguous, healer (who raises hp, mp, and spirit points or the yellow gauge under mana), and debuff-er are crucial. Force Shielders are the tanks of the game. Unfortunately, the mantra of damage over defense plays a huge role of raising a party's potential. FS' dps is low compared to other classes, given all things equal. From the choices of WA, BL, and FS, I would recommend WA, because it can provide excellent party support, has good dps overall, and can tank well. I play a BL, but it's quite an independent class that the only thing a BL does in a party is giving damage. So I guess, the uniqueness of each mentioned tanker classes would be: FS (tanker with average dps and good party support), WA (tanker with good dps and excellent party support), BL (tanker with excellent dps, but low party support). I don't have much experience with ranged classes and Force Bladers, but they still play vital roles in a party as opposed to the independent BL (I chose BL because of its flashy skills, agility, and dual-blade wielding, like most have chosen). Throughout raising your character, once you begin to grasp what your class is supposed to excel in, and with your friends' support, you'll have no problem with pretty much anything. I am envious that you'll be able to have lengthy playing times together with your friends. It's true that soloing is the most profitable way, but it's also the most time-consuming and health-draining. Regular party runs of dugeons will bring joy and riches. I hope you all nice drop luck and maybe see you all around in Venus.

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 10:23 PM
What do you mean by "Wizards are only good for sp"? Do you mean sp as in single/solo play, or sp as in using SP skills - aura/battle mods?

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 10:25 PM
what is your ign?

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 10:28 PM
wizards have a skill that regen every party member's sp bar for sp skills

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 10:29 PM
what is your ign?

Effectively at this point none of us have names/characters. I made a warrior for solo play, but after reading some more I now know my solo character will be a blader so I will be switching to that for solo play. As such no ign atm. I can let you know later tomorrow when we have characters if you want...

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 10:32 PM
I see. So wizards are the aoe dps that are mainly there to give that nice sp regen to everyone else, right?
Also I want to thank everyone for answering all my "noob" questions. I can't tell you how much I appreciate all your help.

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 10:32 PM
yea just tell me 2 marrow and ill add you to buddy list

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 10:33 PM
yup ,right

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 10:33 PM
yea just tell me 2 marrow and ill add you to buddy list

Lol, open season on noob questions directed at FallenAngel. - Joking. Thank you.

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 10:35 PM
hahaha i just like helping newcomers . . . show them the ropes

Lann
10-08-2011, 10:35 PM
wizards have a buff that gives sp which is used for battlemodes which are vital in killing bosses (Forceblader and warrior both has a skill that makes the boss a lot weaker and when added together the wizard will do imense damage on bosses so its best one of you do decide to become a forceblader but if one insists on going FA its fine)

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 10:38 PM
All right. So from what I've gathered in the tougher dungeons obviously we will need more than just the three of us; however, the class setup I think we will take is Force Archer (healing/supporter friend), Wizard (non-melee/less skilled friend), and I am still undecided between Warrior and Force Shielder. So my last questions are based on this: I like to be the Main Tank of any raid/group I'm in. I love to be capable of aoe'ing. I care less about damage and more about tanking. What is the overall difference in play style of the warrior and Force shielder, which gets taken into raids/groups as the main tank, and/or which is better at AOE? Also take into account that if we are doing a dungeon that requires a force blader for a debuff we will find one, or if we must have a blader for a dungeon we will find one, etc.

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 10:41 PM
P.S. Lann is your name from Vindictus? Every time I see your name I think of the Lanns in that game.

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-08-2011, 10:41 PM
fs can take more dmg than a wa in certain conditions. . .fs rely on crits but wa is pure brute force . . .wa has higher dps than fs

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Hmmm... might have to do a little research on the classes then to figure out which of the two I want to be. Seems like a hard choice.

Lann
10-08-2011, 11:05 PM
yea my name is from vindictus, WA actually tanks more than fs in pve and pvp but fs has a special buff that increases their def so much monsters/ppl hit nothing on you but overal WA would be better off if you don't want to struggle a lot in dungeons

Sprite
10-08-2011, 11:13 PM
i didn't read the last 4 pages except for ur opening post but im just gonna say that the best team composition with u and 2 other people for pve is wiz, wa, fa and that there is no reall "team/ party" play until around 125 @ eod2

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 11:21 PM
yea my name is from vindictus, WA actually tanks more than fs in pve and pvp but fs has a special buff that increases their def so much monsters/ppl hit nothing on you but overal WA would be better off if you don't want to struggle a lot in dungeons

I see. I was reading guides about Force Shielders that made them sound like they were really good aoe damage. I am rather dishearted to hear they aren't good at that. Although the def buff sounds like it would make FS the ideal tank in a game assuming the other people can do enough damage. Warr I read starts off slow and ends up as a wrecking ball in later game play, and if they are capable of aoe then I suppose I'll end up going warrior. Sounds like FS needs to be buffed a little, because from what you all are telling me they basically have no real play in this game - low damage, no better a tank overall than warrior, etc.

Sprite
10-08-2011, 11:26 PM
I see. I was reading guides about Force Shielders that made them sound like they were really good aoe damage. I am rather dishearted to hear they aren't good at that. Although the def buff sounds like it would make FS the ideal tank in a game assuming the other people can do enough damage. Warr I read starts off slow and ends up as a wrecking ball in later game play, and if they are capable of aoe then I suppose I'll end up going warrior. Sounds like FS needs to be buffed a little, because from what you all are telling me they basically have no real play in this game - low damage, no better a tank overall than warrior, etc.

fs are more viable in pk [due to shadow shield] and standing pvp [due to heavy crits] - not really meant for pve

SaignementsRose
10-08-2011, 11:43 PM
I just was doing some more research and realized that all of the guides on Force Shielders are mainly from 2008 or 2009, and there are no current up to date guides. Which explains why what you all are telling me so vastly differs from what the guides are telling me. I'm probably going to roll with a warrior for the time being and play a force shield in my spare time. With the complete and under lack of information on force shielders out there I think I will just experience the class for myself as an alt. I just hope warriors end up being enjoyable for my play style (heavy aoe and tank). Thank you again to everyone who helped me, and I look forward to seeing/talking with you all again.

P.S. FallenAngel I'll send you PM tomorrow with me and my friends' names. Thank you for helping us out with all the information.

Sincerely,
Rose

SilentM
10-09-2011, 12:20 AM
I just was doing some more research and realized that all of the guides on Force Shielders are mainly from 2008 or 2009, and there are no current up to date guides. Which explains why what you all are telling me so vastly differs from what the guides are telling me. I'm probably going to roll with a warrior for the time being and play a force shield in my spare time. With the complete and under lack of information on force shielders out there I think I will just experience the class for myself as an alt. I just hope warriors end up being enjoyable for my play style (heavy aoe and tank). Thank you again to everyone who helped me, and I look forward to seeing/talking with you all again.

P.S. FallenAngel I'll send you PM tomorrow with me and my friends' names. Thank you for helping us out with all the information.

Sincerely,
Rose

Like others have said, you can get level 100 in a few days, and at level 100 you gain access to all skills on the character. If you find that it doesn't suit your needs then play the other class.

An FS is not entirely terrible. If you like to be the tank, then FS is definitely the tank. Fs may not be built off of brute force, but are capable of tremendous critical hits, which give them the ability to two shot any player given the right gear. Warriors are preferred over FS in a dungeon because of their debuff skill and high attack base. Add that with their defense and they easily become more useful. Nothing beats FS defense though. Their three particular good skills are: art of defense, which pretty much reduces damage to nothing, shadow shield, party skill which absorbs 2100 damage for a period of time, and mortal bane, which sacrifices defense for a damage boost. All three buffs can be stacked, causing a pretty overpowered combination.

Dungeon and party wise, FS, like FA, are needed more for the higher leveled dungeons. In general, the most used classes for dungeons are Wa, Wi, Fb, but it doesn't mean that BL, FS, FA would not be just as capable in running a dungeon, it just isn't the "optimal" choice. A dungeon that requires a bigger party would definitely want an FS for its defense buff.

Anyway, you said you were playing both classes so the one you like more will present itself. Don't stress it too much since the game gives you what you need for your character in the early stages. When you have to start gearing the character, that's when you want to make your final decision.

xvxURIZENxvx
10-09-2011, 12:38 AM

Sincerely,
Rose

FS is an OP class in the game since he's one that can easily go over 60% critical rate and well over 200% critical damage,you just have to have the right gear for the class like all of cabal's classes

When you have to start gearing the character, that's when you want to make your final decision.

What she said

plzbuffme
10-09-2011, 02:30 AM
the reason i picked warrior/force blader/wizard was due to their versatility. they can all do solo plays easily, and in parties, they're all force multipliers... which is a big factor because it sounds as if you prefer pve element more than pvp element.

warriors have nearly as much defense as force shielders, but has useful party buffs that increase hp and damage, as well as debuff that allows you to crit on bosses more often. the thing that makes warrior better than force shielders is panic cry and their awesome battle mode, which has much more dps than that of force shielders.

force bladers are pretty essential in high level dungeons because they too have debuff that allows you to crit. add that with warrior's panic cry and you have extremely high chance of critting... and this game is all about crits. their battle mode 1 also allows them to become the best tank in the game.

wizards have high dps, and their battle mode 2 allows them to cast 2 spells at once at fixed rate of 1.6 seconds at a time. they also have sp buff, which allows you to go battle mode more often, as well as comboing.

force archer for healing purpose is really not that necessary until you start hitting forgotten temple 2 and maquinas outpost. that's something you wont have to worry about until you hit end game.

Halcy
10-09-2011, 03:53 AM
FS is an OP class in the game since he's one that can easily go over 60% critical rate and well over 200% critical damage,you just have to have the right gear for the class like all of cabal's classes

very op in pve, amirite?

xvxURIZENxvx
10-09-2011, 04:03 AM
the reason i picked warrior/force blader/wizard was due to their versatility. they can all do solo plays easily, and in parties, they're all force multipliers... which is a big factor because it sounds as if you prefer pve element more than pvp element.

warriors have nearly as much defense as force shielders, but has useful party buffs that increase hp and damage, as well as debuff that allows you to crit on bosses more often. the thing that makes warrior better than force shielders is panic cry and their awesome battle mode, which has much more dps than that of force shielders.

force bladers are pretty essential in high level dungeons because they too have debuff that allows you to crit. add that with warrior's panic cry and you have extremely high chance of critting... and this game is all about crits. their battle mode 1 also allows them to become the best tank in the game.

wizards have high dps, and their battle mode 2 allows them to cast 2 spells at once at fixed rate of 1.6 seconds at a time. they also have sp buff, which allows you to go battle mode more often, as well as comboing.

force archer for healing purpose is really not that necessary until you start hitting forgotten temple 2 and maquinas outpost. that's something you wont have to worry about until you hit end game.

These reasons right here are why it's good to have a high critical rate/high critical damage FS,If you get a 60+ rate/200+ damage FS spamming level 9 SS and level 9 SG in a party with a WA and FB spamming rate debuffs...GG on everything in cabal,Panic cry is great for warriors since most can't really break 58% critical rate without losing a large chunk of their critical damage,unless they're alz buyers and rock a 15/80 GS and 7/40 helm,FB's loose half of their critical rate in BM1 so hard luck is there to make up for it,not to mention the skill cools down before the debuff wears off.

A party of 6 of each class is more effective than a party of mixed classes since you can utilize every buff and debuff available in the game.

EzSeleneEz
10-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Honestly, one of the best parties would be WA, FA, Wi. The warriors are tanks, they have and awesome debuff to increase everyones damage on a mob/boss, and also has a party buff that raises everybodys magic/attack to deal even more damage. The Fa can keep everyone healed, as well as also having good dps, And the Wi will make sure you guys can BM/Aura as much as possible, to speed dungeons up, and have the best bm2 dps of all the classes, so they too will be putting out massive damage while in bm2.

SaignementsRose
10-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Like others have said, you can get level 100 in a few days, and at level 100 you gain access to all skills on the character. If you find that it doesn't suit your needs then play the other class.

An FS is not entirely terrible. If you like to be the tank, then FS is definitely the tank. Fs may not be built off of brute force, but are capable of tremendous critical hits, which give them the ability to two shot any player given the right gear. Warriors are preferred over FS in a dungeon because of their debuff skill and high attack base. Add that with their defense and they easily become more useful. Nothing beats FS defense though. Their three particular good skills are: art of defense, which pretty much reduces damage to nothing, shadow shield, party skill which absorbs 2100 damage for a period of time, and mortal bane, which sacrifices defense for a damage boost. All three buffs can be stacked, causing a pretty overpowered combination.

Dungeon and party wise, FS, like FA, are needed more for the higher leveled dungeons. In general, the most used classes for dungeons are Wa, Wi, Fb, but it doesn't mean that BL, FS, FA would not be just as capable in running a dungeon, it just isn't the "optimal" choice. A dungeon that requires a bigger party would definitely want an FS for its defense buff.

Anyway, you said you were playing both classes so the one you like more will present itself. Don't stress it too much since the game gives you what you need for your character in the early stages. When you have to start gearing the character, that's when you want to make your final decision.

So in other words for below end game PVE content a warrior is best in the dungeons; however, like the Force Archer who isn't needed as a healer type for the earlier dungeons but is needed for end game, the Force Shielders real power lies in end game raids/dungeons? Or are you saying that Force Shielders (as I am starting to get the feeling) really are just more of a pvp type now for both early and end-game gameplay?

SaignementsRose
10-09-2011, 09:14 AM
These reasons right here are why it's good to have a high critical rate/high critical damage FS,If you get a 60+ rate/200+ damage FS spamming level 9 SS and level 9 SG in a party with a WA and FB spamming rate debuffs...GG on everything in cabal,Panic cry is great for warriors since most can't really break 58% critical rate without losing a large chunk of their critical damage,unless they're alz buyers and rock a 15/80 GS and 7/40 helm,FB's loose half of their critical rate in BM1 so hard luck is there to make up for it,not to mention the skill cools down before the debuff wears off.

A party of 6 of each class is more effective than a party of mixed classes since you can utilize every buff and debuff available in the game.

What do you mean by your last sentence: "A party of 6 of each class is more effective than a party of mixed classes since you can utilize every buff and debuff available in the game."? Do you mean that having a party that has 6 warriors or 6 FA or 6 WI, etc is better than a party with 1WA,1FB,1WI,1FA,1FS,1BL? Or the other way around the party with 1 of each class is better than the party of 6 people all playing the same class?

Lann
10-09-2011, 09:27 AM
what makes WA,FB,WI combo the best is that both WA and FB has a debuff that makes u crit more and to wiz that is essential since they have the highest dps in game added with the crit u will kill bosses easily. If ur friend really wants to be FA its ok since WA has a buff that lowers def and incraeses attack and its really hard to tank with it so the FA can be healing him while hes in that buff

The highest dps classes are WA,WI,BL those could be a combo you'd be using

FS aren't entirely useless but the point is they are mainly for PVP than PVE

SaignementsRose
10-09-2011, 09:39 AM
what makes WA,FB,WI combo the best is that both WA and FB has a debuff that makes u crit more and to wiz that is essential since they have the highest dps in game added with the crit u will kill bosses easily. If ur friend really wants to be FA its ok since WA has a buff that lowers def and incraeses attack and its really hard to tank with it so the FA can be healing him while hes in that buff

The highest dps classes are WA,WI,BL those could be a combo you'd be using

FS aren't entirely useless but the point is they are mainly for PVP than PVE

Well my two friends have already decided now that they will play FA (healer), and Wizard for the friend who doesn't play melee. Basically even if the party isn't ideal it doesn't matter because they each have a type of gameplay they enjoy and that's it. The one likes to be ranged dps, the other a healer/supporter (ranged only). I like to tank, so generally speaking in most games we would have an ideal party. Here obviously having the proper debuffs is more important, but that won't be happening. As such we'll be relying on the wizard and myself as a warrior to do the damage, and the FA to heal.

MamaMiaYoe
10-09-2011, 09:55 AM
dont try FA, they will keep on asking you for buffs!!! D=

zhuai
10-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the game:)

From a 3 man perspective I recommend getting wa, fb and wi same as lann above.

In dungeons/pve
-Wizard have great dps, able to support party with variety of buffs: High regeneration, Life boosting, increase atk/def, and most importantly sp buff to quickly recharge sp bars
-Warrior have good dps, able to support party with variety of buffs, significantly weaken enemies and tank crowds due to large hp
-Force Blader have decent dps, able to continuously weaken enemies with excellent debuffs and their skills themselves also have debuffs integrated.

In war/pk
-Wizard can attack from relative long range with wide area, it can provide buff called spirit intension which reduces critical damage taken by party members making it harder for the party to die
-Warrior can again become a main tanker thanks to their nature as well as the usage of Immunity buff preventing them from getting stunned/fall/unmovable
-Force Blader excel in this situation. They can unmove a large crowd, decrease their levels and provide variety of strategic debuffs to weaken enemies.

NiteFalcon
10-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Yo these ppl are giving some mixed up advice. Go with what SilentM said, play whatever class you guys want to try out, get it to lvl 100, and start making your decision whether or not to stick with it before you invest in gear. lvling up to 100 is really easy so its not a big deal.

SaignementsRose
10-09-2011, 11:14 AM
Yo these ppl are giving some mixed up advice. Go with what SilentM said, play whatever class you guys want to try out, get it to lvl 100, and start making your decision whether or not to stick with it before you invest in gear. lvling up to 100 is really easy so its not a big deal.

Thank you, I think that is what we will do. Although someone told me in another thread I made that in this game EVERY class is effectively a tank/dps. So does that mean in this game the difference between the classes isn't like in typical games where you have Tanks/Healers/DPS, here it is just DPS and Support DPS?

Sprite
10-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Thank you, I think that is what we will do. Although someone told me in another thread I made that in this game EVERY class is effectively a tank/dps. So does that mean in this game the difference between the classes isn't like in typical games where you have Tanks/Healers/DPS, here it is just DPS and Support DPS?

when it comes down to it, it's gear. a wizard in full +11 forcium will have more defense than maybe a full osm armor warrior/ fs. but, fs and WA have a higher defense gain through stats than a WI. so... yeah it's still all on your gear

SaignementsRose
10-09-2011, 11:45 AM
when it comes down to it, it's gear. a wizard in full +11 forcium will have more defense than maybe a full osm armor warrior/ fs. but, fs and WA have a higher defense gain through stats than a WI. so... yeah it's still all on your gear

That doesn't quite answer my question; however, I think I have enough information at this point. My friends and I will just have to play the game and see what we like. I've decided to go with WA, my two friends will be WI & FA. Thank you everyone for all your help. I hope to see you in game.

Marth
10-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Aww, you went warrior. FS is for the win, but WA is a better suit for group play imo. Have fun with it.

NiteFalcon
10-09-2011, 01:08 PM
at equivalent gear yes everyone class has its specialties.

organizing by tank capability: FS, WA, BL, FB, FA, WI
organizing by DPS capability: WI, WA, BL, FA/FB, FS
organizing by overall PVP experience: FS, WA, WI, FB, FA, BL
organizing by overall PVE experience: WI, WA, FB/BL, FA, FS

this is of course just my opinion

Ravenwolf
10-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Hai Marth :D

In my opinion, i've played all 6 classes to 125, wa stopped at 125 all other classes went to 145, I like running in a party of 3, wi/fa/wa. I do play wi/fa more then the others and I find the being able to heal myself or being able to get heals is more helpful then having someone constantly debuffing. The way I see it, you guys are new players, its going to take you a bit to get good gear, good enough to go dungeoning without having to worry about being killed. You do more damage alive then dead. While you will hit bosses harder with fb debuffs if you die, there's no point. Wiz are not just for sp, they are very good damage dealers and also a good solo class as well if you gear them right. Personally, my wi soloed things before any of my other classes. Wa's are good damage dealers/tanks the wa's I've run with are able to tank just as well as the force shielders that I've run with. But again, this is just my opinion. Have fun ^-^ I'm in venus as well, xSweetHeartx add me as a buddy sometime if you want :)

Cathy
10-09-2011, 03:14 PM
at equivalent gear yes everyone class has its specialties.

organizing by tank capability: FS, WA, BL, FB, FA, WI
organizing by DPS capability: WI, WA, BL, FA/FB, FS
organizing by overall PVP experience: FS, WA, WI, FB, FA, BL
organizing by overall PVE experience: WI, WA, FB/BL, FA, FS

this is of course just my opinion

You put FA at the bottom of every list q.q

Deathlymonkey
10-09-2011, 03:25 PM
You put FA at the bottom of every list q.q

Thats where they belong :<

NiteFalcon
10-09-2011, 03:37 PM
There's a reason no one plays FA. I can count the amount of FA's I know with my fingers

SantaClaus
10-09-2011, 03:42 PM
10!

SilentM
10-09-2011, 04:15 PM
So in other words for below end game PVE content a warrior is best in the dungeons; however, like the Force Archer who isn't needed as a healer type for the earlier dungeons but is needed for end game, the Force Shielders real power lies in end game raids/dungeons? Or are you saying that Force Shielders (as I am starting to get the feeling) really are just more of a pvp type now for both early and end-game gameplay?

Even though Fa's are the healing class, you will find that most FA's are not really healers. That is, they have buffs and heals, but when it comes to a dungeon they're used for DPS unless it's an end game dungeon. Most FA players use FA for its fast skills (they have the fastest skills in the game) and long range, not really because it's a healer class.
A good FA can keep an entire party alive in any dungeon, but also keep up the dps.

The classes in this game aren't exactly like traditional MMO's where the class is dictated solely by its description on paper.
Like someone else mentioned, every class is capable of being a killing machine, a tank, or a solo class given the right gear and the right situation.

As far as the comparison for warriors and force shielders go, warriors are needed for everything: in war, in dungeons, in killing mobs. Whereas shielders have become more optional.
I personally party with whoever, so long as we're capable of successfully fighting off whatever. Sometimes I've had a better experience in a dungeon with a blader than a warrior, it just depends on the person playing the class.
When people keep telling you to play warrior, it's because warriors are strong, can tank easier than other classes, have an HP party buff, an attack party buff, and a debuff. This makes them extremely useful for dungeons.

When compared to that, FS doesn't quite measure up. But again, every class has its strengths and every class, when it comes down to it, has its purpose in a party for PVE.
My guild used to have like 4 to 5 FS that I never minded playing with for the simple fact that they had shadow shield, which saved my ass in certain situations. I've killed bosses with FS, been saved by them in dungeons, nation war, and war channel.

Again I tell you, just start playing the game and see for yourself. Warrior is a good choice in a group based setting, but FS can be as well, depending on the situation.

Cathy
10-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Thats where they belong :<

There's a reason no one plays FA. I can count the amount of FA's I know with my fingers

yar i know q.q

LovenLifee
10-10-2011, 10:45 AM
Umm ur first mistake u was a FS screw FS, BL or WA gogogogogogoggo

StoneTank
10-10-2011, 03:39 PM
One reason to have high dps party (aka wa, wi and fa) is for most high end dungeons (lvl 125+) which have bosses that have special abilities such as debuffs, regeneration, extra def, and most of all spike attacks. So it it would be best to have the most dps possible at your disposal to kill asap so the bosses have less chance of activating those abilities. some bosses have those abilities right away, so thats where dps is a major factor.

Hope this helps

btw my main is a WA and i have played EVERY CLASS, i enjoy WA most of all

gary055
10-10-2011, 04:06 PM
I think you and your friends will have a great time in cabal, especially in war. I feel that a forceblader is sooo much more fun to play than a forceshielder. You'll regret not trying it =D .... and if you do decide to invest in the Forceblader class, you will feel its power as early as lvl 110.... It will be much better past lvl 170

SantaClaus
10-10-2011, 04:12 PM
be santa and have REALLLY REALLY bad stats