PDA

View Full Version : What to invest, and when?

xRisex
10-17-2011, 03:02 PM
Alright, so I'm new to playing FB, and since it's bugging me of how to gear properly, I hope some pros can help me with this concern. I'm currently 90 and planning to lvl up and do lots of dungeon until I hit a decent lvl to pvp. So:

1. What decent gears should I have for dungeons starting from SoD?
2. Is it worth investing for osm s.amp gears and deathblow weapons atm?
3. What should be a proper combo for dungeon?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Chan
10-18-2011, 11:38 AM
to farm dungeon, go for stit 7amp armors non-bind. live with stit until u can afford sig-metal or forcium grade. weapon is important too, i suggest FC blade or kat and lapis xtal of deathblow. combo comp> GM > some stabs. use comp as many as u can in combo. or just use comp, gm, trans.

SantaClaus
10-18-2011, 02:09 PM
to farm dungeon, go for stit 7amp armors non-bind. live with stit until u can afford sig-metal or forcium grade. weapon is important too, i suggest FC blade or kat and lapis xtal of deathblow. combo comp> GM > some stabs. use comp as many as u can in combo. or just use comp, gm, trans.

umm or you can go stabs comp gm

xRisex
10-18-2011, 06:38 PM
So should i stay 9 for all the skills or put more points?

SantaClaus
10-18-2011, 06:39 PM
dunno santa is a retard

Berserk_Fury
10-18-2011, 07:46 PM
umm or you can go stabs comp gm

At lower levels, big skills are better than short, so assassinate and infernal should be spammed as much as possible. And keep your big skills at lvl 9 and set your short skills to 20. That is if you focus pve of course.

SantaClaus
10-18-2011, 08:19 PM
ok then be a fs... comp gm trans repeat?

Ravenwolf
10-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Funny thing is I moved my t1 farmer up and shes in full s.tit bound gear +9, +9 s.tit blade, and +8 lapis crystal. Various people told me that my gear was crap. Yet I'm able to roll 12x's and soloed sod to completion for my 100/110 rank up 1 run each. If you know how to play your class you can make what you have work. A common cheaper build people use are +9 s.tit boots/gloves, 7 amp 50 hp osmium suit, and 30-36 damage helm. Since you're a new player I understand you don't have a lot of money to be spending on your gear yet. I know a FB who uses 5% boots/gloves/suit and absolutely rapes. Read some of the guides on forums and figure out some tips and tricks from experienced FB players to help you out :) In reality if you're not looking to spend 30+ dollars a week to buy and sell vouchers forcium 7% amp can be difficult to get if youre unlucky with drops. 7% bound tg/sig 1 slot would be fine. You don't really want to go with no slot gear as it has less defense then slotted. Good luck and if you need any help send me a message ^-^

Davynelord
10-19-2011, 02:58 AM
Well not sure how much you'll get from my post but just in case I'll just post what I did with my FB....

First of all I must tell you that I do not under any circumstances buy/sell anything from cash shop except dungeon entry items and that's only because it's cheaper (actually free when you get the free ecoins) to buy SOD entry item from cash shop than it is to buy it for 5m ea. from AH.

Now my here are my FB gears....fairly cheap and basic but effective for soloing for me...FYI I have yet to die in pve on my FB.

Level 107
+7 Osmium helm of DB (5 crit rate, 20 crit dmg)...cost 5 million
+7 Teragrace suit of Amp (4% Amp)...cost 8 million....had +6 Osmium of amp before this one
+6 Osmium gloves of Amp (3% Amp, 1 empty slot...too lazy to try and slot it lol)...cost 1 million
+6 Shadowtitanium boots of amp (3% amp, 50 HP)...cost 3 million.
+9 Shadowtitanium katana of amp (3% amp, 20% crit dmg)...cost free cause I looted it and slotted crit dmg in it, then upgraded it to +9
+7 Lapis Crystal of Amp (3% amp, 10% crit dmg)...cost 3 million
x2 Extortion bracelets (3 atk, 3 mag, 1% HP & MP steal)...forget the cost
1 yerte's earring (+15 Max HP steal, +10 HP)....acquire from quest from port lux core alchemist
1 earring of kaith (+15 Max Hp) looted from kailth hound in BI
x3 Ring of Fighter 7 (+8 atk, +60 Atk rate, +14 defense, +2 str/dex/int)...can't remember cost since I bought them nearly 3 years ago for my FS.
1 Life absorb ring +3 (+5% HP steal)...cost free as I looted it
1 Vamperic Amulet +2 (+30 HP & MP steal, +5 defense)...cost free, I crafted it myself...
1 board of phantome fera (+8 defense, +50 HP)....looted from phantom walker boss in Port lux
1 Epaulet of Figher +5 (+10 Atk, +40 Atk rate, +2% amp, +150 HP)....looted it myself....I also have +6 and a +7 but I switch them around my accounts for my FS and WA...so currently I just stuck the +5 on my FB
1 Belt of rapid (+5 Dex)...free cause I looted it.

Now one of the combos I use is this....

Infernal Stigma (lvl 18) >>> Soaring Shot (lvl 15) >>> Force Slash (lvl 20) >>> Infernal Impact (lvl 9) >>> Assassinate (lvl 9)

actually I use this one too...slower but works good enough for me which makes it very easy to do 30 combo strings, if the targets last that long lol.

Infernal Stigma(18) >>> Assassinate (9) >>> Infernal Impact (9) >>> Dance of Ruin (20)

If you use the combo button to combo, then only the first 3 attacks will cycle...if you press each button itself, then you can get dance of ruin in.....and of course I just use varying combo's and try different skills just to change things up sometimes.

Now the one thing I'm still working on is debuff comboing....for some reason it keeps breaking when I try to do a second debuff....guess my fingers aren't fast enough. But use your debuffs often and once you get transcender, get the AOE Debuffs...saves time debuffing which lets you take on multiple mobs much easier. Lower defense, Enervation and Hard Luck makes it pretty darn easy to kill in dungeons mainly because Enervation lowers the level of the target by 12 when it's at level 20....this means boss or not, they will be far less effective in killing you and their HP will drop by at least 20% or so (don't know the exact numbers).....that equals easier killing than any other class I've played..

Now of course I'm not trying to tell you to follow everything I did...just showing my FB for your reference...maybe you can see something that I've done which you like and can improve or expand on it. I mean there are some things I would like to have on this build (k-red board, merg ring, crit ring +2, luck ring, 7% amp instead of 3% and 4% amp...etc. So hope anything I've posted can help you out....good luck!!!

xRisex
10-30-2011, 01:19 AM
First of all, thanks for all your feedbacks, I appreciate it.

For some reasons, I feel like I need to have some advices since most of the responses are basically telling me to get amp gears for dungeon (stop me here if you think I misunderstood your point). Given the limited alz, its quite certain that I cant afford s.t amp gears, and even if I can, my defence will not be good enough for me to tank in higher dungeon e.g eod b2f. I just tried one run with eod b2f and got myself banged badly even with forcium set plus 6. I kinda get the idea that for now forc is the late-game set so I saved my alz to get forc and at least survive before thinking of killing bosses. IMO, good atk will not help you if you cant stand multiple mobs hitting you for around 5 secs.

So anw, I've made it to 118 so far with forc suit, gloves and boots plus 6, armorhelm plus 9, force kat plus 9, topaz xtal plus 5, 2 rol 1, 1 crit ring 1, 1 life force absorb ring plus 5, and vamp amulet 4. Should i farm for uchh to upgrade my forc to 9 so i can get more def for dungeon?

XFearMyBladeX
10-30-2011, 01:30 AM
First of all, thanks for all your feedbacks, I appreciate it.

For some reasons, I feel like I need to have some advices since most of the responses are basically telling me to get amp gears for dungeon (stop me here if you think I misunderstood your point). Given the limited alz, its quite certain that I cant afford s.t amp gears, and even if I can, my defence will not be good enough for me to tank in higher dungeon e.g eod b2f. I just tried one run with eod b2f and got myself banged badly even with forcium set plus 6. I kinda get the idea that for now forc is the late-game set so I saved my alz to get forc and at least survive before thinking of killing bosses. IMO, good atk will not help you if you cant stand multiple mobs hitting you for around 5 secs.

So anw, I've made it to 118 so far with forc suit, gloves and boots plus 6, armorhelm plus 9, force kat plus 9, topaz xtal plus 5, 2 rol 1, 1 crit ring 1, 1 life force absorb ring plus 5, and vamp amulet 4. Should i farm for uchh to upgrade my forc to 9 so i can get more def for dungeon?

using forcy gear for def is good but remember u need dmg aka amp/cd/base for dungeons and shiz.so stop spending alz on ur forcy (unless it is minimum 5% amp) and work on getting dmg gear. and for pve rings u could use full life absorb rings+3 if u lack of vamp......
and wut kind of weps and gears do u have o.0 like wut stats....

xRisex
10-30-2011, 01:51 AM
Lol sorry for not makin it clear

Forc suit 1 slot hp plus 6
Force boot 1 slot hp plus 6
For glove 1 slot plus 6
Osm amorhelm 30 cdi plus 9
Forc kat 1 slot cdi plus 9
Topaz xtal 2 slots cdi plus 5
2 rol1
1 crit ring1
Life absorb ring3
Vamp amulet4

Heres the stat
Atk: 754
Def: 808
Cdi: 80-90
Rate: 25 (40 with buffs)
Amp: 3
Hp: 3200 with buffs

Feel free to critique and give advices -.-

XFearMyBladeX
10-30-2011, 01:57 AM
Lol sorry for not makin it clear

Forc suit 1 slot hp plus 6
Force boot 1 slot hp plus 6
For glove 1 slot plus 6
Osm amorhelm 30 cdi plus 9
Forc kat 1 slot cdi plus 9
Topaz xtal 2 slots cdi plus 5
2 rol1
1 crit ring1
Life absorb ring3
Vamp amulet4

Heres the stat
Atk: 754
Def: 808
Cdi: 80-90
Rate: 25 (40 with buffs)
Amp: 3
Hp: 3200 with buffs

Feel free to critique and give advices -.-

x.x stop wasting alz on ur forcy set and start saving for amp at least osm boots 5% and 100hp or tera boots and gloves 5% amp and osm suit 7%/50hp.

xRisex
10-30-2011, 02:00 AM
Doesnt that decrease my def?