For weapons......prove me wrong

edit: oops,I meant 32%,lol

ROFLwiz
10-19-2011, 10:19 AM
sorry, add dmg. > all

xvxURIZENxvx
10-19-2011, 10:25 AM
sorry, add dmg. > all

Think about it next time you fight someone with high rate resist,cuz I'm lookin at 151% of dead weight

xChaosForte
10-19-2011, 10:30 AM
he's got a point. nobody really thinks of min dmg that way.

ROFLwiz
10-19-2011, 10:46 AM
min dmg doesn't work on magic classes... think about it next time u post.

xvxURIZENxvx
10-19-2011, 10:47 AM

What about the other 4 classes?

Lute
10-19-2011, 10:52 AM
Min damage only works up to the point of having 100% min damage. Different classes have different base min damage (non-magic classes that is). So if your base min damage is 85%, 15% min damage will put you up to 100%. This means that all your hits will do consistent damage and be the same every time against the same target/defense etc. Min damage does nothing past this point of making it 100% consistent damage.

nommie
10-19-2011, 10:54 AM
min dmg i think only applies to sword classes not magic but feel free to correct me if im wrong O.O

ROFLwiz
10-19-2011, 10:56 AM
min dmg i think only applies to sword classes not magic but feel free to correct me if im wrong O.O

read above

xvxURIZENxvx
10-19-2011, 10:57 AM
Min damage only works up to the point of having 100% min damage. Different classes have different base min damage (non-magic classes that is). So if your base min damage is 85%, 15% min damage will put you up to 100%. This means that all your hits will do consistent damage and be the same every time against the same target/defense etc. Min damage does nothing past this point of making it 100% consistent damage.

How do you mean all classes have different base min damage?

Every class starts out with 0%,it's right there in your stats,what decides your base minimum damage is your attack plus your amp combined

min. damage just increases your non-crit attacks

Lute
10-19-2011, 11:00 AM
How do you mean all classes have different base min damage?

Every class starts out with 0%,it's right there in your stats,what decides your base minimum damage is your attack plus your amp combined

min. damage just increases your non-crit attacks

the 0 in your stats is the min damage you have gear that increases. The base "min damage" is > 85% for all sword classes. I don't remember the exact percents per class but 15% is the most any class needs to achieve consistent damage which means that every hit against same target/defense will do the same damage with the same skill. Past that point min damage is useless. It doesn't consistently increase your non-crit attacks like you're saying.

xvxURIZENxvx
10-19-2011, 11:10 AM
the 0 in your stats is the min damage you have gear that increases. The base "min damage" is > 85% for all sword classes. I don't remember the exact percents per class but 15% is the most any class needs to achieve consistent damage which means that every hit against same target/defense will do the same damage with the same skill. Past that point min damage is useless. It doesn't consistently increase your non-crit attacks like you're saying.

I have to disagree,I've been 0% min. damage and still hit consistent damage

Lute
10-19-2011, 11:19 AM

Not reliably on a sword class with sword skills you haven't. This has been tested so many times this seems beyond pointless to even discuss.

Magic skills aren't effected in any way (this is why BoS have add damage not min damage) and will always hit consistent damage.

Berserk_Fury
10-19-2011, 11:29 AM

Go hit someone with impact stab 10 times, and see if you can get the same number come up all those times with 0% min dmg.

xvxURIZENxvx
10-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Not reliably on a sword class with sword skills you haven't.

Go hit someone with impact stab 10 times, and see if you can get the same number come up all those times with 0% min dmg.

I just tried impact stab with an FB,it was a constant 25-27 depending on the level of mantis

Lute
10-19-2011, 11:39 AM
I just tried impact stab with an FB,it was a constant 25-27 depending on the level of mantis

So you tested on mobs that only have 25-27 hp and you'd 1hit them regardless of how much the damage hit. Do you even begin to comprehend how bad of a test that is?

Go to a player and attack them 10 times with impact stab and 0% min damage and tell me you get consistent damage. Then up it to your max (shouldn't need more than 15% idk what class you are) and try again. You'll see you should be hitting consistent damage then. THEN up it past that point and try again, you should notice you're hitting the same as the previous test because increasing it past that point doesn't actually increase your damage.

inb4 you can't understand this and make us have to make a video for you

my bad, you did this on a NOOB FB?

Try this on an actual character on an actual player if you want to prove anything. And fyi 25-27 isn't consistent. And like I said you need to use the SAME target, not different mantis's at different levels etc

Sprite
10-19-2011, 11:40 AM
So you tested on mobs that only have 25-27 hp and you'd 1hit them regardless of how much the damage hit. Do you even begin to comprehend how bad of a test that is?

Go to a player and attack them 10 times with impact stab and 0% min damage and tell me you get consistent damage. Then up it to your max (shouldn't need more than 15% idk what class you are) and try again. You'll see you should be hitting consistent damage then. THEN up it past that point and try again, you should notice you're hitting the same as the previous test because increasing it past that point doesn't actually increase your damage.

u make a vid
> successful troll is successful

xvxURIZENxvx
10-19-2011, 11:52 AM

my bad, you did this on a NOOB FB?

Try this on an actual character on an actual player if you want to prove anything. And fyi 25-27 isn't consistent. And like I said you need to use the SAME target, not different mantis's at different levels etc

I did,when I hit a level 2 mantis it hit for 26 twice then 9 to kill it........when I hit a level 3 mantis it hit twice for 25 then 11 to kill it,same thing with a level 1 mantis except it was 27 dmg

Slowpoke
10-19-2011, 12:00 PM
U start with 50% min dmg

Cathy
10-19-2011, 12:05 PM
I did,when I hit a level 2 mantis it hit for 26 twice then 9 to kill it........when I hit a level 3 mantis it hit twice for 25 then 11 to kill it,same thing with a level 1 mantis except it was 27 dmg

don't listen to lute lol

xvxURIZENxvx
10-19-2011, 12:24 PM
It's really simple math,your base attack and your amp combined make up your total minimum damage

min. damage increase +20% takes your total base damage and adds 20% to your total damage

Example: Impact stab hits 1k with 0% min. damage,adding 20% min. damage increases it for 1.2k

Lute
10-19-2011, 12:29 PM
It's really simple math,your base attack and your amp combined make up your total minimum damage

min. damage increase +20% takes your total base damage and adds 20% to your total damage

Example: Impact stab hits 1k with 0% min. damage,adding 20% min. damage increases it for 1.2k

Now go try testing this and see that it doesn't work

xvxURIZENxvx
10-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Now go try testing this and see that it doesn't work

I did,with ST weps,it wasn't really that effective since I only had 15 amp and 700 att.,but w/e,the more amp and more base I got then the more damage I did,my non-crits were making up for the loss of crit damage since I was only 33% rate

Emie
10-19-2011, 04:05 PM
You don't seem to have a clear grasp of what min damage is in this game. Min damage applies only to sword classes. Each sword class has a different base amount of min damage, i.e.: warriors have 80%, bladers have 90%, and FS and FB each have 85%. Min damage is the variance between that and 100% damage of a non critical attack; if you have 100% min damage, all your non-crit attacks will deal the same damage on a particular target. Min damage is also very easy to get; most sword classes can get at or close to 100% min damage by just using 2x BOF6 or higher.

xvxURIZENxvx
10-19-2011, 04:13 PM
You don't seem to have a clear grasp of what min damage is in this game. Min damage applies only to sword classes. Each sword class has a different base amount of min damage, i.e.: warriors have 80%, bladers have 90%, and FS and FB each have 85%. Min damage is the variance between that and 100% damage of a non critical attack; if you have 100% min damage, all your non-crit attacks will deal the same damage on a particular target. Min damage is also very easy to get; most sword classes can get at or close to 100% min damage by just using 2x BOF6 or higher.

I don't know what you mean,how is it any different than amp or critical damage?,it's just another stat that can increases your base damage

SantaClaus
10-19-2011, 04:15 PM
teach santa pleas

SemiAutoMatic
10-19-2011, 04:17 PM
32 dmg fer sure.

Emie
10-19-2011, 04:42 PM
I don't know what you mean,how is it any different than amp or critical damage?,it's just another stat that can increases your base damage

Minimum damage is applied after all damage calculations take place. It's simply a final multiplier ranging from 0.85 to 1.00 times your attack that determines how much non-critical damage you deal. It doesn't apply to magic classes because magic skills always hit for 100% damage.

MamaMiaYoe
10-19-2011, 04:44 PM
^
^
ITS Evie-choooers! :D

Emie
10-19-2011, 05:29 PM
Hi Miaaaaaaaa~~~~ <3333333 I miss youuuuuuu! :3

xChaosForte
10-19-2011, 05:39 PM

this guy is so cool

FoodStamp4Alz
10-19-2011, 07:43 PM
hi guy this are the min base dmg for all class i meant be wrong but iam pretty sure it right( FB/FS base min dmg is 85% which mean u need 15% more most people go with bo6 and bo7 to make 100% now for (blader and wa is 90 % base which mean you 10 % more ) from my research i have heard if u dont have 100% mean no bof then 15 % min dmg vs 15 amp , the 15% min dmg would do more dmg in long run.........so that all i know GL and have fun

FoodStamp4Alz
10-19-2011, 07:47 PM
opppssss i forgot Magic user which mean magicFS magicFB uhhhhh maybe magicWA/BL :D WIZ/FA do not need min dmg add cause magic it base at 100% that why u dont see bos have min% but instand they have add dmg ok iam done >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

KonaKona
10-19-2011, 08:15 PM
Evie is right. Think about minimum damage as the variance your SWORD skill damage does (without crit) after everything is factored in (base attack, amp, skill level etc.). So if there is no minimum damage added, the base damage varies per class. For example, FS minimum is 85% so your non crit-damage can vary by 15% (between 85-100%). Having two BOF+6 adds 14% minimum damage so you will be at 99%. This means the base damage will only vary by 1%.
But because having minimum damage also maximizes your base damage, I guess you can also crit higher more consistently.

xinzhao
10-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Don't you already get enough Min. damage from bracelets though? I mean isn't getting too much Min. damage exceeding it's usefulness?

SantaClaus
10-19-2011, 10:19 PM
no?

FoodStamp4Alz
10-20-2011, 06:30 PM
yes iam just saying fo rpeople that cant afford bof6 and up but yes like i say f/s f/b bof6 and bof7 = 100% for w/a b/l only need 2 bof5 to make it 100%

Nam Spirit
10-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Doesn't min dam only affect skills that have orange text of sword classes? And only for non-crit hits?

FoodStamp4Alz
10-22-2011, 03:23 AM
nope it affect all non crit crit bm2bm1arua everything do with sword dmg get affected

xvxURIZENxvx
02-27-2013, 08:46 PM
Doesn't min dam only affect skills that have orange text of sword classes? And only for non-crit hits?

yes,it does

IFrost
02-28-2013, 09:40 AM
Here lemme put it simple: your gear=min dmg. rest CD and AMP..... this is another useless thread there was one like it about 2 years ago

modem
03-02-2013, 07:17 PM
attack rate > all

Corvettezr1
03-03-2013, 01:02 AM
it, WTB> 14 min dmg Redosm GS 2 slot, and Weapon scroll (crit rate) high, 48/14/14 namsaying?

MandaloreTheIndomitible
03-03-2013, 07:08 AM
it, WTB> 14 min dmg Redosm GS 2 slot, and Weapon scroll (crit rate) high, 48/14/14 namsaying?

Naw... I want a 56 min dmg GS, your rate can go smell off.

Valdoroth
03-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Well here's food for thought. If your base is 85% and you have 20% more minimum dmg, would that mean your minimum damage isn't 100%, but 105%? Does that mean your actual damage itself would increase similarly to how amp increases it? So instead of being only Base 100%, you're 5% higher than the normal base. I've never bothered trying it out so don't know, and I doubt anyone else has really looked at it in detail. Since magic are default 100%, would it rais the base dmg?

How to test: Use a weapon with no cd or craft. Use a PC min dmg craft of the same weapon and +. See if there are any differences. Your bracelets should already have you near 100%.

Edit: Doesn't work for magic. I tested.

Davynelord
03-05-2013, 11:53 PM
I have done some test in PI about 1 year ago. Min Dmg% only makes it so that you always hit for a consistant amount of damage once you cap it out at 100%. It doesn't raise the your minimum base damage done to a target higher than your maximum potential. Overall, capping out min dmg% just means your attacks will not have random damage between min and max damage, it will always be max damage.

For example, say your a FS (their base min dmg% is 85%) and your max damage done with a sword attack is 1000 (the fly text overhead). When you have no min dmg% items equipped, your damage on a target will vary between 850 and 1000 each time you attack that same target.

Now equip 10% min dmg% to your character and that same attack will now do between 950 and 1000 damage to that target.

Add 15% min Dmg% to your charcter and that same attack will now do 1000 damage every time, it won't vary.

Add 20% min dmg to your character and your attack will still only do 1000 damage every time you attack.

So no matter what amount of min dmg% you equip, you can't exceed your maximum damage you do. Also, this only applies to damage done that are not critical hits...when you score a critical hit, it's always max damage regardless of how much min dmg% you have...at least to my knowledge, I did very little critical testing. I was only concerned about min dmg%. Orange text skills are a bit different as they have many other factors that determine the amounts of damage they do which I believe is independent of the min dmg% you have equipped (such as number and placement of targets in the skills range of attack).

As for how I did my test....

1. I stripped naked (only sword and shield with base stats)
2. Hit a target 100 times, did this 3 times so 300 hits...I made sure the mob was same level as me to cancel out level difference and how it may or may not affect the damage I did.
3. Recorded the results
4. Changed sword to another exactly like the one I had equipped (same level, same grade) but with 7% min dmg on it.
5. Did another 100 hits 3 times
6. Recorded the damage
7. Equipped a shield (again exaclty same) but with anothe 7% min dmg on it.
8. Did another 100 hits 3 times.
9. Equipped more items so I could reach my cap and again so that I could exceed my cap...NOTE: this also increased my base attack as only items I could find with more min dmg% on it also gave an increase to base attack...therefore I had to do another test without the min dmg% items but with the same base stats as I would have had when using those min dmg% items (hope that makes sense).

Overall, over 1000 attacks and results was consistent to what I said in the beginning of this post....the only issue was orange text skills like shield break....the way they work didn't make it easy to get consistent results in damage done...it seems even when you capped min dmg% to 100%, orange text skills damage still seems to be random even hitting just 1 target....also SB didn't always do 15 hits, sometimes it would do 9 hits instead and the damage would be a bit random. Since I already had confirmed the information I was looking for, I didn't do anymore testing with orange text skills.

So hopefully I put this in a way that people can easily understand...if not, then I don't know how else to explain it...

Valdoroth
03-06-2013, 12:48 PM
I have done some test in PI about 1 year ago...
...if not, then I don't know how else to explain it...
Cut it off so as not to make a huge response.

As for orange texted skills, I've noticed that even the distance within 0-1 alters the numbers of hits, with the most being about 0.2-0.4 distance. Hitting mobs off the side of your main attack can vary from 2-5 hits for FB's assassinate usually, but those very close hits can be upwards of 15 times from what I've counted. Infernal Impact would be similar with a minimum of 3 and a maximum of about 32.