PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with all those people

Deathlymonkey
10-23-2011, 09:01 AM
So many people seem to be illiterate on this forum/game....I swear some of them do it on purpose -.-

inb4jimbo, ragin, deathrains, etc....

I mean...English isn't even my first language but I still write a lot better than them without even thinking. Understanding globals trying to speak english is easier than trying to decipher what those guys say >.>

xRaginx
10-23-2011, 09:04 AM
lol hey i must have made you mad for you to make a thread about me i feel like a -star- already

im really sorry proffesor did i make a mistake on my essay?

Deathlymonkey
10-23-2011, 09:10 AM
lol hey i must have made you mad for you to make a thread about me i feel like a -star- already

Lol I'm not aiming only at you...your previous post was was perfectly understandable, why don't you always write like that? No offense but when you write "nd" 7 times in a sentence of 12 words I find it kinda lame...again I really don't mind if you make mistakes, everyone makes some and even I often cut words/letters/capital letters to make it shorter....but please just continue writing like you did in that post above mine.

NiteFalcon
10-23-2011, 09:10 AM
jimbo's the worst one lol

xRaginx
10-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Lol I'm not aiming only at you...your previous post was was perfectly understandable, why don't you always write like that? No offense but when you write "nd" 7 times in a sentence of 12 words I find it kinda lame...again I really don't mind if you make mistakes, everyone makes some and even I often cut words/letters/capital letters to make it shorter....but please just continue writing like you did in that post above mine.

oh lol yea i get what your saying to be honest i get in the mode and start writting fast ignoring the mistakes nd etc.

plzbuffme
10-23-2011, 09:22 AM
do they still teach english class in schools? i dont mean that we all should be grammar/spelling nazis on internet forums, but some of these run-on sentences are a bit ridiculous.

SantaClaus
10-23-2011, 09:26 AM
Santa Knows All Languages

xRaginx
10-23-2011, 09:28 AM
do they still teach english class in schools? i dont mean that we all should be grammar/spelling nazis on internet forums, but some of these run-on sentences are a bit ridiculous.

to be honest it seems unless your in a high priority school teachers seems a bit laid back..thats just what i have seen i can't speak for everyone

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-23-2011, 09:30 AM
aye meng wat u tryna say brah i speek puurfect einglish . . .

Lann
10-23-2011, 09:44 AM
not everyone uses periods/commas

xRaginx
10-23-2011, 09:46 AM
aye meng wat u tryna say brah i speek puurfect einglish . . .
eh bro meng what cha tawkin bout that ish not englush you speakin de pro englush broski

im still going to sue you -.-

SantaClaus
10-23-2011, 09:57 AM
nem todo mundo usa períodos / vírgulas sorry my english very bad and i had to use google translater

xFaLL3NxAng3L
10-23-2011, 09:58 AM
haha someone get this dude some pancake mix asap lol

SantaClaus
10-23-2011, 10:20 AM
wanna buy some pancakes for fat santa? instead of pancake mix

XFearMyBladeX
10-23-2011, 01:20 PM
So many people seem to be illiterate on this forum/game....I swear some of them do it on purpose -.-

I mean...English isn't even my first language but I still write a lot better than them without even thinking. Understanding globals trying to speak english is easier than trying to decipher what those guys say >.>

u do know this is cabal right?just wondering...lol =p

jimbo
10-23-2011, 03:07 PM

bro go take a nap

xD

you calling somone lame and you correcting ppl on a cabal forum?

i just knew you was gonna say my name lol
http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx296/rockierok/1283764366952.gif

oh lol yea i get what your saying to be honest i get in the mode and start writting fast ignoring the mistakes nd etc.

same

thank you

xRaginx
10-23-2011, 03:12 PM
:o

xChaosForte
10-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Honestly, it's a forum. Nobody friggin cares.

XFearMyBladeX
10-23-2011, 03:58 PM

i think he duno wut cabal stands for.... lol

megablast1
10-23-2011, 04:09 PM
yaah mann I waz lik wtf u sain tu many erurs

daam brah dis ain englis clazz i speik purrfekt englis lik mhy brah abuv

seriously lol

xRaginx
10-23-2011, 04:10 PM
yaah mann I waz lik wtf u sain tu many erurs

daam brah dis ain englis clazz i speik purrfekt englis lik mhy brah abuv

seriously lol

brah brah what cha tawkin bout ur englush purfact brah relly

doomer123
10-23-2011, 08:23 PM

Youngsuper gives jimbo competition.

jimbo
10-23-2011, 08:35 PM
Youngsuper gives jimbo competition.

http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h460/gifmaster500/tucker.gif

not everyone uses periods/commas

i think he duno wut cabal stands for.... lol

SilentM
10-24-2011, 12:42 AM
Lol wow I was just thinking about this. I honestly can't read half the threads I saw in the general discussion right now. I'm too tired to place all the correct punctuation and spelling in my head to then be able to understand what is being said.
There's a REASON we take English class or any class that teaches us how to correctly speak and write our language. It's so that we can effectively communicate with someone without giving them a headache in the process. It doesn't matter if this is "the internet" or that it's "not English class." When you speak out loud, do you speak as backwards, incorrectly, or wrongly as possible, or do you speak the way you're taught to speak? Speaking in your own made up language or speaking as incorrectly as possible will pretty much get you nowhere.
It's a DISCUSSION forum where people come to discuss ideas, opinions, issues, etc. There needs to be SOME semblance to the language spoken in the forum or else no one will know wtf you're saying.
I might as well typelikethis with no spaces in between words because communicating clearly to someone else doesn't matter, even though this entire forum is ABOUT communicating ideas to other people. The rules of English mean absolutely nothing apparently and they mean even less because it's "the internet." What if everyone on the internet had that same mentality? Well it's only a website that's going to be read by millions of people, let's not care what type of punctuation or spelling it has because you know...it's a website.
The bottom line is, if you're trying to communicate an idea, then logic tells you to communicate in a manner where the other person understands what you're saying.

typngliekdiswitrunonsentncesnnopunctuationnnocrrct spllingnshrthandevrthng4everwitnospces denurgnnagetignrd n no1gnnacarewut u say cuz THEY CANT READ IT.

xvxURIZENxvx
10-24-2011, 12:51 AM
I use these forums to practice typing,@ 43 WPM

Cell
10-24-2011, 12:52 AM
Lol wow I was just thinking about this. I honestly can't read half the threads I saw in the general discussion right now. I'm too tired to place all the correct punctuation and spelling in my head to then be able to understand what is being said.
There's a REASON we take English class or any class that teaches us how to correctly speak and write our language. It's so that we can effectively communicate with someone without giving them a headache in the process. It doesn't matter if this is "the internet" or that it's "not English class." When you speak out loud, do you speak as backwards, incorrectly, or wrongly as possible, or do you speak the way you're taught to speak? Speaking in your own made up language or speaking as incorrectly as possible will pretty much get you nowhere.
It's a DISCUSSION forum where people come to discuss ideas, opinions, issues, etc. There needs to be SOME semblance to the language spoken in the forum or else no one will know wtf you're saying.
I might as well typelikethis with no spaces in between words because communicating clearly to someone else doesn't matter, even though this entire forum is ABOUT communicating ideas to other people. The rules of English mean absolutely nothing apparently and they mean even less because it's "the internet." What if everyone on the internet had that same mentality? Well it's only a website that's going to be read by millions of people, let's not care what type of punctuation or spelling it has because you know...it's a website.
The bottom line is, if you're trying to communicate an idea, then logic tells you to communicate in a manner where the other person understands what you're saying.

typngliekdiswitrunonsentncesnnopunctuationnnocrrct spllingnshrthandevrthng4everwitnospces denurgnnagetignrd n no1gnnacarewut u say cuz THEY CANT READ IT.

Does that mean you txt on your phone in complete sentences?

SilentM
10-24-2011, 01:10 AM
If I'm going to type or text more than a word or a sentence to someone, then yeah, I'm going to use punctuation.

Anyway, my point isn't that everyone should suddenly write essays or perfect English every time or everywhere they type. I just want some people to have the common courtesy to type in a somewhat correct format. I would rather read a post full of typos or slightly misspelled words, than a post with absolutely no grammar whatsoever. Run on sentences are not fun to read or decipher.
Shorthand has its place, and short phrase or sentences with no punctuation have their place too. Using them ALL at once to communicate an entire point across on a forum, is NOT its place.

Slowpoke
10-24-2011, 04:28 AM
hi

Tenrai
10-24-2011, 07:41 AM
ESL student here.

Cathy
10-24-2011, 07:48 AM

fob

jk ily bre

not really...

Slowpoke
10-24-2011, 08:08 AM
holas free alz plis

Cell
10-24-2011, 08:21 AM
If I'm going to type or text more than a word or a sentence to someone, then yeah, I'm going to use punctuation.

Anyway, my point isn't that everyone should suddenly write essays or perfect English every time or everywhere they type. I just want some people to have the common courtesy to type in a somewhat correct format. I would rather read a post full of typos or slightly misspelled words, than a post with absolutely no grammar whatsoever. Run on sentences are not fun to read or decipher.
Shorthand has its place, and short phrase or sentences with no punctuation have their place too. Using them ALL at once to communicate an entire point across on a forum, is NOT its place.

No i get what you're saying lol sometimes the way ppl type on here really does make me wonder xD actually i do that a lot ._. :( so what the heck am i saying lol

Valdoroth
10-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Does that mean you txt on your phone in complete sentences?
I do!

megablast1
10-24-2011, 09:30 AM
english what? I speak no english.. i dont know what english is.
k my nizzle bizzle my shizzle my anuzz sissles

SilentM
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
No i get what you're saying lol sometimes the way ppl type on here really does make me wonder xD actually i do that a lot ._. :( so what the heck am i saying lol

Lol, but see at least you put faces in between your sentences. That instantly made it a little easier to read than if it was one long string of text with different ideas and no punctuation.

ESL student here.
If someone genuinely does not know English because it is not their first language, then that's understandable. Though, the lazy "I don't care" attitude from people who DO know English is no excuse.

For me, it's WAY easier to type the correct spelling for a word, than to figure out the short hand spelling of it. If it's easier for someone else to use the shorthand, fine as well, but at the very least form a coherent sentence!

Sprite
10-24-2011, 03:05 PM
u got a prob with my english btch I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ u i will pop a cap in yo ass

Halcy
10-24-2011, 03:10 PM
fk yo couch

SantaClaus
10-24-2011, 03:20 PM
http://www.couches.us/red-couch-424.jpg
here you go