PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP or Vista?

Syllius
05-05-2010, 08:03 PM
ok so im getting a new computer and was wondering whether to get Windows XP or Windows Vista because i've heard Windows 7 s

WIpwns
05-05-2010, 08:04 PM
windows 2000

Syllius
05-05-2010, 08:06 PM
windows 2000

2000? wtf?

DaSmexy
05-05-2010, 08:07 PM
.....WINDOWs 7 all the way mang....

Leonhart
05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Windows 7 is what Windows Vista shoulda been... Vista was epic fail...

XP is good still but if you don't have any professional reasons to be using use windows 7.

Who told you windows 7 s?

xHalibelx
05-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Yeah i agree, windows 7 did when it came out because of a lot of compatibility issues. But, now most of them have been fixed and it runs so much better than xp and vista. Im running win7 ultimate 64bit and im loving it =P

Syllius
05-05-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah i agree, windows 7 did when it came out because of a lot of compatibility issues. But, now most of them have been fixed and it runs so much better than xp and vista. Im running win7 ultimate 64bit and im loving it =P

well my new computer comes installed with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. that good?

Leonhart
05-05-2010, 08:14 PM
well my new computer comes installed with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. that good?

It's enough for an avg user.

RebornSAZUZAKI
05-05-2010, 08:19 PM
for gaming, Windows XP still pwns Vista and Windows 7, XP got the lowest req on running it (if i remember it right it only uses 258mb of memory?) while vista and windows 7 uses almost same (almost 1gb of memory just to start it up) so if u got low supply on Ram memory (lower than 4GB) then u might wanna go XP, u can free up a lot of RAM memory that Vista/7 uses.

altho i havent really tried using windows 7 ultimate, (only got a laptop from work w/ windows premium) and i can tell that its almost same as vista, they just fixed/add some features on it and 7 uses just a little less memory than vista.

now im on Vista on my personal laptop(2+yrs old laptop and still running great ^^) coz my CD for Windows XP got destroyed when i moved in my place right now ( T_T didnt notice it until i decided to clean up the hard drive of my lappy -_-)

Syllius
05-05-2010, 08:24 PM
for gaming, Windows XP still pwns Vista and Windows 7, XP got the lowest req on running it (if i remember it right it only uses 258mb of memory?) while vista and windows 7 uses almost same (almost 1gb of memory just to start it up) so if u got low supply on Ram memory (lower than 4GB) then u might wanna go XP, u can free up a lot of RAM memory that Vista/7 uses.

altho i havent really tried using windows 7 ultimate, (only got a laptop from work w/ windows premium) and i can tell that its almost same as vista, they just fixed/add some features on it and 7 uses just a little less memory than vista.

now im on Vista on my personal laptop(2+yrs old laptop and still running great ^^) coz my CD for Windows XP got destroyed when i moved in my place right now ( T_T didnt notice it until i decided to clean up the hard drive of my lappy -_-)

so go with Windows 7, since my new desktop has 4 gb of ram?

Leonhart
05-05-2010, 08:30 PM
There aren't too many reasons to stick with XP anymore, if you have an up-to-date comp the performance difference shouldn't really be all that big. One reason that XP would run games faster is it's stuck on DX9 while we already have DX11 cards out.

Though I still use XP for all my home computers, I can tell you that operating system is getting a bit too old.

Syllius
05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
so i guess im going with Windows 7 then

CyrStalAFX
05-06-2010, 02:06 AM
^_^

Berserk_Fury
05-06-2010, 02:50 AM

Any new computer will run better with windows 7 than with XP because windows 7 was designed with multi-core processors in mind. Also if you are a gamer there is no way in hell that you should go with XP anymore because it is 2 DirectX versions behind (still on DX9, while Windows 7 is DX11).

EterNity
05-06-2010, 03:15 AM
XP definitely...

Win 7... You're only feeding money to Micro$oft...

WIpwns
05-06-2010, 03:28 AM
XP definitely...

kakakakaka

Berserk_Fury
05-06-2010, 03:53 AM
XP definitely...

And how is that a bad thing when they did a good job with win 7?

Suterusu
05-06-2010, 12:47 PM
windows 7 ftw!

nckitsos
05-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Windows 7. not even a choice.

Sonic
05-09-2010, 05:33 AM
ask gg
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?2097-Remove-gameguard-petition

Snow
05-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Quad Core Windows 7 gogogogogo.

CNJRP
05-09-2010, 10:46 AM

On the laptop I play the majority of Cabal, performance wise

Windows 7(32) > Windows 7(64) > Windows XP

XP definitely...

I got both my legal copies of Windows 7 Ultimate free from Microsoft, yay for me feeding money to Microsoft.

sn0wXz
05-09-2010, 10:59 AM
On the laptop I play the majority of Cabal, performance wise

Windows 7(32) > Windows 7(64) > Windows XP

I got both my legal copies of Windows 7 Ultimate free from Microsoft, yay for me feeding money to Microsoft.

idunno bout that, 32bit is fine if you dont ever plan on going above 4gb of ram, otherwise clearly if you want to take full advantage of 8-16mb ram,with quad/6 core proccessors ull want 64 bit. I know everyones like omg omg why isnt anything compatible yet?

..id say within year or two alot more application devs will be taking full advantage of 64 bit systems, where as right now things can get sketchy with specific programs/support for hardwares ect...
im using 64bit w7 atm works gr8, doesnt hav that file indexing problem vista had, where it would take forever to copy n paste/xfer a file from one location to another, even on the same pc...lull

carowe27
05-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Windows 7 FTW. vista blows donkey $$$$ and XP is out dated. with your new desktop you could try to get XP but you will have major problems with newer graphics cards processors mother boards with drivers and getting it all compatible.