PDA

View Full Version : Critical Damage Comparions: There is no soft cap above 200% cdmg

zhuai
11-15-2011, 02:27 PM
Hey guys,

I recently got a chance to play with Calibur weapon which allowed me to observe if cdmg softcap is true or not.
Test was done on Canus in pf lvl 141 with meteorite lvl 20. All parameters are kept the same except two critical ring combinations to vary the critical dmg output.

The result can be summarize in the following graph:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/tr1n1trotolu/CriticalDamageComparison.png

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d66/tr1n1trotolu/Difference.png

Observation:
As you can see the damage observed rise in steady rate following increase in cdmg even after passing 200% cdmg.
Meaning there is no soft cap which halves effectiveness of cdmg after 200% as previously believed.

However there is an obvious difference between Character and Observed damage.
This suggest that there is always a soft cap to begin with (like natural resist damage inherent in the target).
The soft cap appears to be rather small and does not vary significantly across the tests. It could also be result of damage rounding performed by the game.

Conclusion:
There is no soft cap past 200% cdmg as previously believed and there is instead some inherent resist damage in target mob. This has not been tested on a character target so result could be different.

SantaClaus
11-15-2011, 02:34 PM
We Dont Want Another Math Question On Forums

Cade
11-15-2011, 02:45 PM
Awesome find! :)

Sryinex
11-15-2011, 04:13 PM
Math is fun, and so is your post. Thanks for the info.

xFaLL3NxAng3L
11-15-2011, 04:14 PM
ROFL Statistics Class All Over Agian @_@

Osmio
11-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Thanks zhuai for making use of the calibur weapon,

btw its good to know the truth about crit dmg =)

doomer123
11-15-2011, 06:03 PM
I thought it was common knowledge that it was removed a long ass time ago.

SilvusX
11-15-2011, 06:26 PM
I thought it was common knowledge that it was removed a long ass time ago.

this.

Lute
11-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Cap was 208% iirc. Got removed what? episode 5 update or before lol.

DaSm3xy
11-15-2011, 10:35 PM
well im to lazy to read here
so what is this all bout O_o ??

Aphyxis
11-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Great find Zhu! Those results speak for themselves.
I see a scientist in the making.

KonaKona
11-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Zhuai what is your total CD with Forcecalibur wep? The best test would be to have an FS do damage testing with splinter and grenade cuz both skills add 100% and 50% CD respectively. Personally, I have noticed diminishing returns as I go higher than 180cd (280cd with splinter and 230 with greande). Initially there might be a really high spike in CD then succeding hits gradually stabilize at lower levels. It may be a soft "throttling" of CD damage by cap or as you said, the target maybe progressively developing CD resistance. Which one is which, that I dont know, need to go out and test some more.

zhuai
11-26-2011, 11:00 PM
Zhuai what is your total CD with Forcecalibur wep?

I had 213% cdmg in non aura. Including Aura and swapping ring/pet I can achieve 250% which may be closer to fs operating range. However I did not investigate further due to lack of time (busy) and the result I got suggest steady increase above 200 which is just what I wanted to know:)

It is interesting to find out if the soft cap grow further tho. From my result so far it does suggest the diminishing return you mentioned. I am not sure how you perform your observations but make sure that min damage variance doesn't come into play. I used magic skills which does not vary and specifically look for specific mob and lvl to ensure all parameters stay the same.