PDA

View Full Version : This program is reported unsafe

dash105
11-15-2011, 03:49 PM
After I finish downloading cabal set up a message poped up saying "this program is reported unsafe" I dont know if i should finish install it, cuz i dont want to have no comp problems .What should i do:confused:

dash105
11-15-2011, 04:33 PM
OMG really guess i cant play this game. :( Is there anyway to fix this?

NiteViper
11-16-2011, 03:46 AM
lol i think santa is bored ... your AV is probably picking up the snake application... its perfectly fine finish the install... create you a character and welcome to cabal lol

Midgetchas14
01-02-2012, 09:13 PM
as far as i remember everyone back in the day said gameguard uses a virus like program to find 3rd party programs.

sn0wXz
01-02-2012, 09:46 PM
There is no virus in cabal downloaded from the main site (cabal.com); the reason for the false positive is the heuristics of the game/anti cheat is recognized as potentially malicious, however your trusting the developers of the applications/programs when you install it. Chances are any game you download with gameguard or a rootkit anti-cheat will give false positives. nprotect gameguard does not store or catalog private data thats not relevant to the prevention of cheats even though it may attach to processes running other then cabal during execution of the anti-cheat.

Midgetchas14
01-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Thats what i said mine just sounded stupid lol.

There is no virus in cabal downloaded from the main site (cabal.com); the reason for the false positive is the heuristics of the game/anti cheat is recognized as potentially malicious, however your trusting the developers of the applications/programs when you install it. Chances are any game you download with gameguard or a rootkit anti-cheat will give false positives. nprotect gameguard does not store or catalog private data thats not relevant to the prevention of cheats even though it may attach to processes running other then cabal during execution of the anti-cheat.

[GM] Orion
01-05-2012, 01:57 PM
After I finish downloading cabal set up a message poped up saying "this program is reported unsafe" I dont know if i should finish install it, cuz i dont want to have no comp problems .What should i do:confused:
As Sn0wXz stated, the program that popped up and displayed the message was most likely from your Antivirus. There's no need for alarm if you downloaded it from our main site(http://www.cabal.com/DownLoad/Client). It is not uncommon that antivirus programs would give a false positive.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

<3,
GM Orion

monk628
12-28-2012, 04:57 AM
Please someone help i downloaded cabal and i have windows 7 64bit but after the update it says the windows is not compatible with what you are running i have posted a link to it here.

http://upload.cabal.com/upload/Counsel/20121226/5b16594d.png