PDA

View Full Version : Has cabal gotten too easy?

Ieanne
12-11-2011, 07:24 PM
Things that have made the game too easy:
1 button combo
retarget button
fade to cursor
4 rings instead of 2
merg ring
safeguards
expanded bars
fb buff rate cap
free daily entries

Does anyone remember when the game took more skill than "Lol he faded.... *press z*". Now things that used to define a good player any nub can do with a single button. All we really have to do is retarget bm2's, time buffs correctly, and position ourselves correctly. Easy much?

jone
12-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Bit late to the show.
cabal's been easy for ages now

TWKY
12-11-2011, 07:33 PM
some of those things are actually useful sure it makes the game easier but it dident really change the whole game but i do agree that some of the othere things on there changed the whole game forever.*caugh*safeguards

Sprite
12-11-2011, 07:37 PM
i curse this retargetting system to the ends of the earth

xChaosForte
12-11-2011, 07:58 PM
preemuch,especially safeguards. if you bought safeguards and it worked durin the time,good for u. if u didnt buy em/they worked in time...u might as well quit cuz everybody's +15 wep is owning ur ass.

xvxURIZENxvx
12-11-2011, 08:00 PM
The unfairness of safeguards wouldn't be an issue if EST just kept them in CS like every other cabal version out there so everybody had an opportunity to utilize them instead of the lucky ones who just happen to have alz and usd to waste at that exact moment that EST releases them instead of once or twice a year for a couple of weeks at a time.

As for the game getting easier?...You can make a trans character in a little over a week and get 140 in 2-3 weeks if you know what you're doing,All the buttons you use for PVE,PVP and NW,can now get assigned to a 7 button mouse and you could play one-handed if you really wanted to,Free dailies,Dungeon re-entry on DC,Free SP after dungeon completion.....I can go on all day cuz the list is too long,and weren't they doing something this next update to make the game even easier?...oh yeah,BM3 and amp scrolls...........wtf,21 amp pieces,GG

Chan
12-11-2011, 08:13 PM
FB need more buttons

DragonWi
12-11-2011, 08:18 PM
lol anyone from BETA can tell you that Cabal has gotten 500000000000000 times easier then it was before.

Tenrai
12-11-2011, 08:18 PM
Well, without these updates the game should of died December 15,2008. When they first released the Auction house and the 1 button combo. But understand the game is just making up means for the story of Cabal 2 in my theory. There is no free MMORPG, your expenses to this game or let it die.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3vbCxj2ifs&feature=related

DragonWi
12-11-2011, 08:19 PM
i like your new sig, you should get a big booty asian though

jone
12-11-2011, 08:25 PM
i like your new sig, you should get a big booty asian though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRXdTsMbqC8

elvie
12-11-2011, 08:28 PM
was this game ever hard? well aside from the grind, grind, and grind.

SpankyMcMeat
12-11-2011, 08:43 PM
i spent like 3 whole days skilling trans in UG, then a week later the dummies were 100% skill exp for everyone. i shat my pants and raged

DragonWi
12-11-2011, 08:44 PM
ok before it was hard to get wexp cause only winning nation got wexp, you had to click on skills to combo, two rings, no kred, no fade to cursor, no safeguards, no vouchers, no PI making lvling harder, Amp stuff was worth a bit more, eox+8 were rare as f. Dungeons were harder, aos1,aos2,ft2, and maps were harder MF/PF. And other things i can't remember right npw

dipikins
12-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Yeaaaah... I remember 4 years ago, it was so hard to level in Cabal. It is just BS now how you can get from level 1 to 100 in less than a day. The skilling is much easier now too. It use to be that when you skill, it only trains one skill at a time. Besides that, we didn't have the opportunity to afk skill on the dummies unless we had premium. Dungeons were also much harder and so were mobs. Brannies in Mutant Forest use to hit 800s... now they hit 100s. It's a freaking joke.

Lann
12-11-2011, 08:50 PM
S> safeguard x15 anyone?

Ieanne
12-11-2011, 09:02 PM
remember when you could get trans at any level, but magic and sword were skilled seperately? (lol lvl 10 wi with sp buff / lvl 10 fs with aod)

You've probably only been playing cabal since breakfast so let me break it down for you. go into ft2 with only two rings(no merg), +6/7 gear, no sword quake/shield grenade/meteorite/seal of damnation/sonic shooter/death tempest, unclick fade to cursor, remove your belt and kred, make sure you are lvl 170 or under (which you probably are since t5 is too scary for most people), and make sure you never go below 800hp (to account for new hp in gear). meet those conditions and beat ft2, then come back to me and tell me this game was always easy. otherwise, keep your posts in merc/venus trade center

Notic
12-11-2011, 09:06 PM

I like ur sig azz

xvxURIZENxvx
12-11-2011, 09:10 PM
remember when you could get trans at any level, but magic and sword were skilled seperately? (lol lvl 10 wi with sp buff / lvl 10 fs with aod)

I remember AFK Punch grinding ape+ and bugshark+ to dual trans at level 50

elvie
12-11-2011, 09:17 PM
You've probably only been playing cabal since breakfast so let me break it down for you. go into ft2 with only two rings(no merg), +6/7 gear, no sword quake/shield grenade/meteorite/seal of damnation/sonic shooter/death tempest, unclick fade to cursor, remove your belt and kred, make sure you are lvl 170 or under (which you probably are since t5 is too scary for most people), and make sure you never go below 800hp (to account for new hp in gear). meet those conditions and beat ft2, then come back to me and tell me this game was always easy. otherwise, keep your posts in merc/venus trade center

pve is hard!!

Dkmopper
12-11-2011, 09:20 PM
i punched mosicutters at level 40 =x

Ieanne
12-11-2011, 09:25 PM
i punched the event boars, then someone shot all the skillers in the knee with an arrow and killed the boar

Dkmopper
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
i would be the archer who fired that arrow and shot the boar in the knee, then i proceeded to shoot everyone else in the knee.

Davynelord
12-11-2011, 11:20 PM
LOL @ this thread....

You guys haven't the slightest idea what hard is...yes I started playing cabal in Feb 08 back when OGP used to run the show....but I don't think the game was hard at all back then....probably because I was fresh off of Anarchy Online at the time...which is a far more difficult game to play than cabal. Cabal is actually one of, if not the easiest MMO I've ever played...and I'm not just talking about cabal how it is now.

Overall, it's pointless to be jealous about how much easier players have it today...that is the nature of all things, games or even real life....progress means improvement and improvement means the tedious becomes less tedious, more efficient and thus easier....

I mean just take a look at our real lives....at one time we needed to gather wood, manually build a fire and take hours to cook our food...today we just pop something in the oven or microwave and we are eating in 5 - 10 minutes. So are we complaining that it was much better in the old days or better today?

Bottom line, as long as I am able to enjoy myself playing the game, that's all that matters....who care's how easier it's gotten...if you think it's too easy and the skill is diminished, then that's a red flag telling you it's time to move on to another game.

Sprite
12-11-2011, 11:22 PM
Back in the day there was something called tr

Davynelord
12-11-2011, 11:24 PM
And what is tr...

sorry but I speak english, not all this internet abbreviations/texting type of shorthand writing ok ;)

SpankyMcMeat
12-12-2011, 05:37 AM
LOL @ this thread....

You guys haven't the slightest idea what hard is...yes I started playing cabal in Feb 08 back when OGP used to run the show....but I don't think the game was hard at all back then....probably because I was fresh off of Anarchy Online at the time...which is a far more difficult game to play than cabal. Cabal is actually one of, if not the easiest MMO I've ever played...and I'm not just talking about cabal how it is now.

Overall, it's pointless to be jealous about how much easier players have it today...that is the nature of all things, games or even real life....progress means improvement and improvement means the tedious becomes less tedious, more efficient and thus easier....

I mean just take a look at our real lives....at one time we needed to gather wood, manually build a fire and take hours to cook our food...today we just pop something in the oven or microwave and we are eating in 5 - 10 minutes. So are we complaining that it was much better in the old days or better today?

Bottom line, as long as I am able to enjoy myself playing the game, that's all that matters....who care's how easier it's gotten...if you think it's too easy and the skill is diminished, then that's a red flag telling you it's time to move on to another game.

aaaaaaaaaand /thread

Travesh
12-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Craftings still a royal b***h to a few.

xvxURIZENxvx
12-12-2011, 08:46 AM
Craftings still a royal b***h to a few.

Crafting is slowly getting phased out in this game with every update too,eventually it will get to the point where only a handful of people are profiting off of crafting due to the lack of farmers/botters for crafting mats,then eventually they'll just get rid of it since the only thing worth crafting are ammy's and rings..........until they come out with a Boss ammy equivalent to a vamp ammy,aob and aop combined,then ammy crafting is obsolete

Cathy
12-12-2011, 08:49 AM
Crafting is slowly getting phased out in this game with every update too,eventually it will get to the point where only a handful of people are profiting off of crafting due to the lack of farmers/botters for crafting mats,then eventually they'll just get rid of it since the only thing worth crafting are ammy's and rings..........until they come out with a Boss ammy equivalent to a vamp ammy,aob and aop combined,then ammy crafting is obsolete

- update that makes crafted gear drop in dungeons
- update that raises drop rate of pc crafts
- update that makes "all skill amp up" crafts drop

where's the damn update that makes drop rate of craft mats go up, the success rate go up, or make all skill amp up from crafting possible? ._.

xStar
12-12-2011, 08:50 AM
i liked it better when there was only few+8 capes (i mean like 3-4) and all that jazz

xvxURIZENxvx
12-12-2011, 08:51 AM
- update that makes crafted gear drop in dungeons
- update that raises drop rate of pc crafts
- update that makes "all skill amp up" crafts drop

where's the damn update that makes drop rate of craft mats go up, the success rate go up, or make all skill amp up from crafting possible? ._.

next update,amp scrolls from amp gear +7 and higher for 21% amp pieces and perfect cores from gear +13 and higher....it just gets easier

Travesh
12-12-2011, 09:52 AM
I don't get why the hell it has to be "All skill amp up" for...

I'm trying to get out of osmium great swords and shoot up in red osmium, and I see osmium great sword thats perfectly suited for the proof (2 slot, 8% amp or aove)....yet its "All skill amp up", which won't work. It needs to be "Sword amp"...http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/th_116_.gif

Triplethreat
12-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Yes

Exception
12-12-2011, 11:54 PM
You guys get it all wrong. Not everyone has time to play this game 12 hours/day or even more like most of the "greatest" Cabal players(lol). To get new comers, EST have to make the game easier, less time consuming, more items available in cash shop, so more people would come and spend their money on the game ==> EST makes more money.

Valdoroth
12-13-2011, 01:59 AM
lol anyone from BETA can tell you that Cabal has gotten 500000000000000 times easier then it was before. A few too many zeros, but yes. Though the old skill method was waaay better.

I don't get why the hell it has to be "All skill amp up" for...

I'm trying to get out of osmium great swords and shoot up in red osmium, and I see osmium great sword thats perfectly suited for the proof (2 slot, 8% amp or aove)....yet its "All skill amp up", which won't work. It needs to be "Sword amp"...http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/th_116_.gif
Agreed. This change was absolutely retarded.

Fujisaki
12-13-2011, 04:42 AM
You guys get it all wrong. Not everyone has time to play this game 12 hours/day or even more like most of the "greatest" Cabal players(lol). To get new comers, EST have to make the game easier, less time consuming, more items available in cash shop, so more people would come and spend their money on the game ==> EST makes more money.

If people want easy they can play those crap private servers. Now those are easy. You practically get 38% amp handed to you on a silver platter.

elvie
12-13-2011, 09:31 AM
If people want easy they can play those crap private servers. Now those are easy. You practically get 38% amp handed to you on a silver platter.

can't get any easier than typing in paypal info.

Dkmopper
12-13-2011, 09:32 AM
can't get any easier than typing in paypal info.

how2type paypal

xDromarx
12-13-2011, 09:35 AM
i liked it better when there was only few+8 capes (i mean like 3-4) and all that jazz

Was even better when there was only a handful of eox7s and Venus had all but one of them.

Exception
12-13-2011, 12:48 PM

Private servers ain't that popular. It's even harder if you think about it. Finding the game, download it, install it, it's even worse if you can't even log in to the sever cuz of technical problems. it's not easy man.

Fujisaki
12-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Private servers ain't that popular. It's even harder if you think about it. Finding the game, download it, install it, it's even worse if you can't even log in to the sever cuz of technical problems. it's not easy man.

They are easier than you think. Yes private servers are full of glitches but they aren't being paid for quality of the game they host. I've had alot of friends quit this cabal for a private server and the only reason they left the private server is because they missed everyone they became friends with on this server. There are handful of tech issues on this server to be honest the main cabal servers are bigger than the ps, so download time is usually never an issue.

Shinji
12-13-2011, 01:50 PM
lol tr

Milk
12-13-2011, 02:32 PM
twin r #1 grinder LOLOLOLOLOL

Exception
12-13-2011, 03:45 PM
They are easier than you think. Yes private servers are full of glitches but they aren't being paid for quality of the game they host. I've had alot of friends quit this cabal for a private server and the only reason they left the private server is because they missed everyone they became friends with on this server. There are handful of tech issues on this server to be honest the main cabal servers are bigger than the ps, so download time is usually never an issue.

Yes, you're pointing it out. Private severs ain't popular like the main ones. There are less people playing. So, it's hard to make friends. I didn't mention about in-game glitches. It's the technical issues to even get the game running. Looking for the solutions for these issues is not an easy job. Most of people give up at this stage and move on. They don't even bother to try anymore. And yes, there are tech issues here too but they are not as worse as the private severs ones. They are easier to fix and there are more GMs to help you solve the problems. Also, no one do anything for free. Even it's a private server people still make money out of it.

Osmio
12-13-2011, 04:57 PM
LOL @ this thread....

First of all, this ^.
I love how you all avoid what this guy said, its bang on and you dont wanna admit it.

Anyways all I have to say is not everything lasts forever. Change is good. With Cabal 2 on its way, EST has made changes to Cabal 1 to basically get as many new players into their product
before they unleash a new game. Look at it as a good thing. Maybe we will now have more of a community on Cabal 2.

And wtf, you people contradict yourselves too much. "When is crafting going to get its update??? WTF /ragemode" and yet you complain about things becoming easier.
Make up your minds.

Dkmopper
12-13-2011, 05:01 PM
crafting is pretty much a useless thing to do now armor wise atleast. basic craft is bleh.. not much out of that ever since the begining anyways