View Full Version : Need a good FB Guide and stat build

eltenx
12-14-2011, 04:37 PM
I just started playing cabal and i need help with building a strong fb so i will need a good and updated guide. I have tried looking but most of them are from 2-3 years ago.

xOxycotton
02-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Do you need combos, gear, upgrades, or what?

KaosStorm
02-02-2012, 07:33 AM
I'm going to chime in and say that, if it's a really good guide, it should have all of those. So I tag this in hopes of seeing if there is such a guide.

Berserk_Fury
02-04-2012, 05:27 AM
Updated guides pretty much don't exist because most good people tend to just hide their gear, combo, etc. The best thing you can do is just ask specific questions here and hope someone answers.

I'm on my phone right now so I won't go into detail, but for stat build follow your rankup requirements at first, then put stats required to wear the gear you want, and then stack the rest in dex.

KaosStorm
02-04-2012, 07:21 AM
So I've noticed: Cabal's seem to be such a closed and selfish community in regards of sharing certain information. Of the top of my head, I don't remember ever knowing another gaming community like this.

I guess that I'll have to form a skillset out of reading the wiki and trying to not bog myself down with so many diminishing returns in terms of cooldown time.

Thanks for the stat advice, though; but even then that's not even static because the +x equips also up the stat requirements to wear them.

EDIT

And, to whoever it matters, I find a basic FB guide on another forum. Sadly, I can't link it here since it appears to belong to a private server (and I don't really want to get in any troubles here).

So, if it's ok with the rules here, PM me and I'll lead you to it. If it's not ok as per forum rules, use Google to search "Cabal online force blader guide", limiting the search to one year prior, and it should be between the first three pages.

Zmastah
02-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Best combo for PVE is
SoD 9 > ASN 9 > II 9 if you are being lazy and auto comboing and an occasional IS 20 if you need to leach some extra hp while the mobs are stunned
best combo for bosses IMO (and from calculating different combos has the overall highest DPS)
ASN 9> II 9> FS 20 > ASN 9 > SoD 9 > DoR 20 repeat
ass for pvp that's all dependent on your style of play
but you need the impact stab, force kick/slash/assualt maybe stab for dps and the big 3 to finish.
I'm currently righting an in depth guide for force bladers but it will likely be a week or so before it's finished as I have a lot more important things to do.

KaosStorm
02-08-2012, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the guide offering, Zmastah.

I've been watching some videos, and the most common basic PVE combo goes:

ASN > II > AC > II > ASN > AC > ...

AC can get changed to any other buffer skill, but as long as you keep ASN and II on constant cooldown, those two are going to be your main offensive skills.

Zmastah
02-08-2012, 10:17 AM
I would agree with that before seal of damnation was implemented on the game, but that has changed the combos that are used today

KaosStorm
02-08-2012, 10:41 AM
You'd be correct about that; most videos I've seen are pre-Transcender skills.

Also, could someone clarify for me the benefits of using Force slash at higher levels?

Zmastah
02-08-2012, 10:56 AM
High DPS and has a pretty effective area of effect

Valdoroth
02-08-2012, 11:17 AM
You'd be correct about that; most videos I've seen are pre-Transcender skills.

Also, could someone clarify for me the benefits of using Force slash at higher levels?
It's a pretty quick attack with -62 HP per 2 seconds (total of -248). So stacked with something like Force Assualt and Inf. Imp. you'll have a -1xx HP (varies depending on II's lvl).

As for guides, there have been many on these forums, but you'd have to do some digging. I think it's kinda sad that we've not had some of the good ones stickied, but there have been plenty with info enough for new players, not selfish like you said. You just have to actually put some real effort into looking.

For example: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?374-Force-Blader-Guide
On the older side of things, but still most of it is the same.

And believe it or not, but the Cabalwiki is also a good source of info. I'm upset people have not used this enough. It's no longer what most people remembered it to be. And it's still receiving updates.
http://www.cabalwiki.com/wiki/Cabal_Wiki

KaosStorm
02-08-2012, 12:00 PM
Thanks for those links (and one of those times when getting proved wrong actually makes me feel good), Valdoroth.

About Cabal Wiki, the very little stuff I know about Cabal is precisely thanks to that, but there are some things that aren't precisely apparent on a read-through of skill descriptions.

EDIT: So Force slash is more of a PvP oriented-skill, because of the DPS focus on it.

Zmastah
02-08-2012, 05:39 PM
Generally, yes force slash is more pvp oriented, but I started using it in PVE around 145 and it was much more effective in helping me level, I reached 150 it roughly 6 hours of play time vs 8 hours from 140-145. It allows you to spam ASN more which is your main skill, and at cornus/brachium gives you 500k exp per hit, assuming you have 950 atk at 140 of course

Ieanne
02-08-2012, 07:10 PM
perfect stunlock: infernal stigma, assassinate, rising shot, force slash, assassinate (cycle and you have to hit as close to excellent as possible)
use that till like 165 and then we'll discuss pvp/pk/dung/war.

Ieanne
02-08-2012, 07:12 PM
also, for stats. minumum str/int for gear requirements. all other stat points in dex

Zmastah
02-09-2012, 03:41 AM
stunlock should only be used if you start dying too much. seal>ASN>II gets better experience output, but has the problem of not having a stun move. With the exception of my EoD B2F runs, I only died twice(that I can remember) from 125-170, and that was just from dumb luck and I only used stunlock for about 10 levels before I realized you don't need that much defense for MF/PF as you did when I leveled my archer. I never tried that version of stunlock, but if you can use assassinate twice in the rotation I could see how it might be more effective then the standard IS>II>ASN>DoR.

NewEra
02-09-2012, 03:48 AM
stunlock should only be used if you start dying too much. seal>ASN>II gets better experience output, but has the problem of not having a stun move. With the exception of my EoD B2F runs, I only died twice(that I can remember) from 125-170, and that was just from dumb luck and I only used stunlock for about 10 levels before I realized you don't need that much defense for MF/PF as you did when I leveled my archer. I never tried that version of stunlock, but if you can use assassinate twice in the rotation I could see how it might be more effective then the standard IS>II>ASN>DoR.

you my good sir do not know a thing about FB. come back when you past at least 175 ok? thx? bai? :)

Zmastah
02-09-2012, 04:30 AM
you my good sir do not know a thing about FB. come back when you past at least 175 ok? thx? bai? :)
I'm 178 actually, what about that made it sound as if I don't know anything about FB exactly?

I'm asking that because I'm willing to learn if I'm wrong about something, not trying to argue.

Cathy
02-09-2012, 04:41 AM
lv.9 Assassinate is gross >:

Zmastah
02-09-2012, 05:29 AM
I'm kind of torn on that, for seal>asn>II, 12 should be what level it's on, but for my personal PVE combo and the one I posted that uses DoR and force slash, I would use it on 9 cause it lets you use it more than once as well as combo with level 15 seal, which I do realize I said that was on 9 on the first page but mine is 15. my infernal impact is 12, and they can still but used the way I posted before. I think everyone has a little different strategy. I make sure that I use all of the added effects of seal. Some people might want the simpler combos and I understand that also, I just try to maximize my DPS, and since I mostly run dungeons or pvp, my combo is more focus on dishing out high damage. For grinding purposes seal>asn>II is probably the best, though I compared that and my combo from 175-176 and with my combo I got approximately 1.5% more than with the seal>asn>II over the course of an hour. It's all preference, it's not really not knowing about the class.

Valdoroth
02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
lv.9 Assassinate is gross >: not with lvl 18 inf Imp+ lvl 15 SoD :P, but it is kinda fun with all 3 as lvl 18 hahaha

Cathy
02-09-2012, 08:05 AM
not with lvl 18 inf Imp+ lvl 15 SoD :P, but it is kinda fun with all 3 as lvl 18 hahaha

gross! lv.12 ftw :(

doomer123
02-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Is ieanne the only person in this thread who knows about fb or wut.

Ieanne
02-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Is ieanne the only person in this thread who knows about fb or wut.
am i getting trolled or complimented?!!?!?! haha cause the advice was soo basic i thought u might be hitting me with the captain obvious title o.o

Lord Kronius
02-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Bro dont go fb, i'm the best fb.
get at me

Ieanne
02-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Bro
t5 lets go

doomer123
02-10-2012, 07:05 PM
am i getting trolled or complimented?!!?!?! haha cause the advice was soo basic i thought u might be hitting me with the captain obvious title o.o
I don't even know. Giving basic advice beats sh1tty advice amirite.

xvxURIZENxvx
02-11-2012, 12:02 AM
I just started playing cabal and i need help with building a strong fb so i will need a good and updated guide. I have tried looking but most of them are from 2-3 years ago.

It's all about your combo...gears 2nd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krGnK9d2wYE

Halcy
02-11-2012, 04:37 AM
It's all about debuffing...gears 2nd

fix'd for yaaaa

doomer123
02-11-2012, 07:21 AM
It's all about your combo...gears 2nd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krGnK9d2wYE
That was a horrible combo.

TurcoX
02-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Assassinate and SOD should be always lvl 9.. II lvl 20.. everything else lvl 20 (except for FK lvl 9 and Infernal Stigma lvl 18 )

KaosStorm
02-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Thanks to everyone that's posting their view on the class, even though OP never showed up again, I'm still reading and trying to understand all that is said here.

doomer123
02-11-2012, 12:17 PM
I disapprove of TurcoX's build, but that's my opinion.

JCee
02-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Doomer ftw ! <3

doomer123
02-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Jcee too pro for me.

Jin Kariya
04-18-2012, 12:54 PM
Thx so much for this tip, as i was searching too for an updated guide, and i think i found the one ur talkin about, dated as 24th, 2011, right? :)

anywayz, thx so much cuz i just started the game, and YES i think this game's forum is not USER-FRIENDLY lol!

So, if it's ok with the rules here, PM me and I'll lead you to it. If it's not ok as per forum rules, use Google to search "Cabal online force blader guide", limiting the search to one year prior, and it should be between the first three pages.

Lorsel.EXE
07-06-2012, 10:40 PM
So I've noticed: Cabal's seem to be such a closed and selfish community in regards of sharing certain information. Of the top of my head, I don't remember ever knowing another gaming community like this.

Sadly it has been like this since I started playing back in 2009, Cabal has become competitive, Fierce, and the community is selfish and closed off from the others, I am glad this game is not dying but we need more players who are moral and will actually breathe life into it as well as a fun factor, Otherwise Cabal will descend faster into death.

BamOwnage
07-14-2012, 10:18 PM
All sword skills should be at level 20 with the exception of II, Assassinate, and SoD. When I played FB I had them at 18,12, and 15 respectively. My combo was, back when I was a FB, FA>FS>ASS>FA>FS>SOD>Impact Stab>FA>FS>ASS>FA>improvise (this was mainly for boss, war, pvp). I didn't have a combo for pve really because I was just a war character, however, when I grinded at the time (things change) I just had ASS>II>SOD>Infernal Stigma>FA and just z target