PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get Launcher to Launch game..

LadyMagic
12-29-2011, 08:59 PM
I have tried to reinstall Cabal and also turned off any type of Anti Virus and Fire wall. It was working great yesterday
Today seems to be a new "Bad" Day. Any help would be great on this Issue. thanks :)

sn0wXz
12-31-2011, 01:07 AM
When you launch, are you trying to open update.exe or do you click on cabalmain.exe? Just asking because I noticed when i installed one of my cabal clients, the update.exe would not open as normal, i had to click on cabalmain.exe for the updater to open, not exactly sure what the cause is, but im assuming its a bug perhaps; however if there wasn't more people experiencing it then it may have just been an anomaly.

Theres a few steps you can take to ensure no other programs are conflicting with cabal, like a clean boot using msconfig.exe to do a "selective start up" and also hiding all microsoft related services so you dont disable them, and then disabling all the non microsoft ones that are not essential to running your PC, if cabal worked fine after a clean boot i would assume there is something in the normal startup that is hindering cabal from running, also you could try turning down UAC if you have w7/vista; and checking data execution prevention; both of which probably wouldnt work one day and not the next.. I'm not entirely sure if the "check files" function was fixed since last I knew it was bugged, but you could always try that after a clean boot and seeing if cabalmain.exe will launch the updater...

btw when you click to open cabal, viewing task manager, does any .exe come up at all even for a second or two? or does nothing at all happen?

LadyMagic
01-05-2012, 10:14 AM
The .exe shows up just for a slight second then disappears, Any reason for that?

[GM] Orion
01-05-2012, 02:25 PM
Your antivirus may be blocking it, Try disabling your antivirus before running CABAL again, but this time run CABAL as an administrator. If this does not succeed I would advise you to uninstall CABAL, Clean your registries (CCleaner) then re-install CABAL.

Don't hesitate if you have more quesitons!

<3,
GM Orion

LadyMagic
01-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I Just tried that Orion, Thats a No go, Not working still. Gameguard doesn't even want to open. :(

sn0wXz
01-06-2012, 01:02 AM
I Just tried that Orion, Thats a No go, Not working still. Gameguard doesn't even want to open. :(

Well if you don't fix it via GM troubleshooting, I'm always willing to teamview with you and see if I can find the problem. A number of scenarios to test and verify are services/processes running in background that could cause problems with gg/cabal, using msconfig and checking the slew of other settings like UAC, DEP, basically everything I could think of that I myself would do in that situation.

Obviously this is tech support so really I dont want to step on GMs toes if they are wanting to troubleshoot it with you, so just let me know if you wish to teamview after your comfortable with GMs help.

LadyMagic
01-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Ill do anything at this point, i haven't been able to play for two weeks and i want to play. Anyhow back to college work. let me know what we have to do, to team View. And thanks alot all :)

sn0wXz
01-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Ill do anything at this point, i haven't been able to play for two weeks and i want to play. Anyhow back to college work. let me know what we have to do, to team View. And thanks alot all :)

You dont happen to be playing from college network do you? Its possible they could have blocked the ports for cabal if your on a school network. Anyway http://www.teamviewer.com is the website for remote assistance program. After we exchange meeting information generated by the program, we connect to each other. Your screen would be viewable in my window, i could request control of the mouse and attempt to troubleshoot the problem your having the same way I would troubleshoot if it was happening to me.

LadyMagic
01-07-2012, 12:35 PM
Im at home, I Don't use a Computer from the school. Anyhow whenever is best for you. Im installing Cabal again now to see if it works. if not ill let you know in ten minutes

LadyMagic
01-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Ok still not working hmm.... i can use your help, i never trust anyone on my computer but i want back on so im rdy whenever you have time snow

sn0wXz
01-07-2012, 12:53 PM
Just PM the ID n PW of the teamviewer generated information and we can use the chat window on that

LadyMagic
01-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Thnx

sn0wXz
01-07-2012, 01:36 PM
The issue was resolved, something in the startup services was probably blocking cabal/gg, also we elevated premissions on the .exes as high as possible, disabling UAC and adding exception for DEP. GG updated and cabal started successfully, thread can be closed.

LadyMagic
01-07-2012, 01:43 PM
Thanks Alot Snow, Problem Solved :)

sn0wXz
01-07-2012, 02:01 PM
np, welcome.

sjharhman1942
01-07-2012, 05:54 PM
hey i'm having this same problem can i get your help with this

sn0wXz
01-07-2012, 05:58 PM
hey i'm having this same problem can i get your help with this

Take the time to read through the guide to setting correct privileges and settings to execute cabal without other services/settings causing conflicts with cabal.

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?27818-Click-quot-Play-Now-quot-Nothing-Happens-README.

The guide is pretty thorough, and exactly what I would do with teamviewer, so you can do it yourself if you wish to take the time and follow the instructions carefully.

If you can't complete the guide because your not exactly computer savy I will do teamview with you and explain step by step what you have to do while monitoring your screen, therefore I can correct any mistakes and troubleshoot the way I would if the problem was happening to me.

I won't be available for teamview for another 45 minutes or so, (11 pm eastern) so just shoot me a PM and I will get back to you in few.

sjharhman1942
01-07-2012, 06:16 PM
i cant find the cabalupdater file for the life of me

sn0wXz
01-07-2012, 07:03 PM

it should be in the cabal directory like all the other files, if you want to do teamviewer ill monitor the changes, www.teamviewer.com

Lady was having the same issue with nothing happening, I'm assuming it was DEP/admin privileges, but given every OS is going to be different depending on versions of that same OS, i can't rule out the possibility that one of the random non-microsoft services we disabled was the cause.

Either way she was able to launch after applying the changes; so clearly there is niche group of people with certain versions/OS who will have to check dep, uac, privileges, and clean boot to ensure there is no problem on their end.

edit: By the way since im just a normal player like you, if you want to create your own thread for the GMs to know your having that problem that would probably be more formal, if you want to get a response from the support team.

shorty1990
01-08-2012, 03:53 PM
is anyone on that can help me with this same problem!

sn0wXz
01-08-2012, 04:00 PM
is anyone on that can help me with this same problem!

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?27818-Click-quot-Play-Now-quot-Nothing-Happens-README

If you need help following those instructions, let me know i can do teamview with you and monitor your screen, direct you to what needs to be changed.

shorty1990
01-08-2012, 04:04 PM
snowxz i downloaded the viewer if you would help me!

shorty1990
01-08-2012, 04:10 PM
i downloaded the team viewer are you there?

sn0wXz
01-08-2012, 04:18 PM
yea just pm the generated ID and PW from teamviewer application.

shorty1990
01-08-2012, 04:19 PM
i have got to go to a friends b-day party i will be back on about 7:30pm - 8.00 pm pst if you could be on then to help me i would be very grateful! ttul

sn0wXz
01-08-2012, 04:21 PM
i have got to go to a friends b-day party i will be back on about 7:30pm - 8.00 pm pst if you could be on then to help me i would be very grateful! ttul

yea just leave msg, its 10:30-11:00 pm for me.

sn0wXz
01-08-2012, 04:55 PM

Ah, well thanks to Shorty1990's teamview session, I realized she didn't have the update.exe file either. It turns out whatever is blocking the update.exe and cabal.exe from downloading the initial files ends up deleting the files after failed download. You should ensure you don't have anti virus programs running that could conflict with the update or execution of cabal as the [GM] mentioned earlier.

Ladys problem was most likely permissions/settings, but shorty and your problem is anti virus programs blocking the update from download, and in turn deleting the update.exe file.

Shorty had to attend a birthday party or something, so I will finish helping her disable the other serivces running that are blocking cabal by doing a clean boot, however i would suggest you try to achieve the same for yourself if you can figure it out. I understand not everyone is computer savy, and by that I mean they might not know how to disable their anti virus effectively. Feel free to google it, if you really need a guide on how to disable your brand of anti virus, but I'm sure if your missing the update.exe file its probably result of the anti virus blocking the update.

Download the manual patch from http://www.cabal.com/DownLoad/ManualPatch and move it to your cabal directory, That will replace the update.exe file into the cabal directory without having to re-download the whole game! ;)

Your directory is in C:\Program Files\CABAL Online (NA - Global) or
C:\Program Files (x86)\CABAL Online (NA - Global) **for 64 bit windows.

shorty1990
01-09-2012, 09:04 PM
Still having problems can someone help me?

chrisupi007
03-10-2012, 12:59 PM
I have the same problem Launcher won't start, update.exe stuck in processes using 50% cpu

SCREENSHOT: 4357

More Info: http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?29788-Update-and-nothing-happended