View Full Version : Since x-mas event patch DC/no musique ect

xoxItWasntMe
12-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Mercury/all channels
IGN Qismah/Wiz but affects all my toons
time/date: since x-mas event patch & still present any hour

Issues:
1. only can hear sound effects no longer musique or ambience
2. lagg out can see my chat in guild chat real time, but not in party chat & the toon then proceeds to dc

Things my noob butt has tried to remedy it~ chequed n rechequed ingame setting, cheque files of game & more than usual scans for viruses on comp

I recently lost a sem drop (aka about 2hrs ago) at very last chest of eod, as it says it was given me (have ss if need) but it never arrived in my bag, & i didnt get the dp for finishing the dungeon (this is an example of what it affecting) I had to manually end the dungeon to get out, which may explain the no dp, but if it say i got an item then why it didnt arrive?

anyone else having same issues or any of you tech people have ideas? my comp is kinda dinosaur:
Pentium(R) 4CPU 2.80GHz
2.79 GHz, 1.50 GB of RAM

if that helps any hehe~ it still has alot memory available & i didnt encounter any of the above issues before the xmas patch.

thanks

modem
12-31-2011, 01:44 PM
welcome to earth , what ever planet u came from.

sn0wXz
12-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Mercury/all channels
IGN Qismah/Wiz but affects all my toons
time/date: since x-mas event patch & still present any hour

Issues:
1. only can hear sound effects no longer musique or ambience
2. lagg out can see my chat in guild chat real time, but not in party chat & the toon then proceeds to dc

Things my noob butt has tried to remedy it~ chequed n rechequed ingame setting, cheque files of game & more than usual scans for viruses on comp

I recently lost a sem drop (aka about 2hrs ago) at very last chest of eod, as it says it was given me (have ss if need) but it never arrived in my bag, & i didnt get the dp for finishing the dungeon (this is an example of what it affecting) I had to manually end the dungeon to get out, which may explain the no dp, but if it say i got an item then why it didnt arrive?

anyone else having same issues or any of you tech people have ideas? my comp is kinda dinosaur:
Pentium(R) 4CPU 2.80GHz
2.79 GHz, 1.50 GB of RAM

if that helps any hehe~ it still has alot memory available & i didnt encounter any of the above issues before the xmas patch.

thanks

Chequed? You mean Checked? Where are you playing from, and are you using a proxy to play?

to be honest unless you installed something recently since the patch, and it was working fine before...i would say somewheres along client -> isp -> server your loosing key packets. Are you getting any error codes when disconnecting? Does the market place open, I ask because it has separate connection from your ip to the server then the world connection, i.e. chats, dungeon ect..

Other then basic troubleshooting, your going to need to submit help desk ticket.. http://www.cabal.com/Support/HelpDesk

xoxItWasntMe
01-01-2012, 12:50 AM
Chequed? You mean Checked? Where are you playing from, and are you using a proxy to play?

to be honest unless you installed something recently since the patch, and it was working fine before...i would say somewheres along client -> isp -> server your loosing key packets. Are you getting any error codes when disconnecting? Does the market place open, I ask because it has separate connection from your ip to the server then the world connection, i.e. chats, dungeon ect..

Other then basic troubleshooting, your going to need to submit help desk ticket.. http://www.cabal.com/Support/HelpDesk

oops yes checked* I play from the pacific northwest, usa~no proxy. The only thing that has been installed since the patch was some stupid IE/yahoo update, that has since been completely removed & replaced with google chrome.
No errors & i can open the market place without issue.
Since this post my bro in law (computer savvy type) came & went through the whole computer he didn't see anything that would be suspect.
My sister downloaded Cabal on her laptop & although the dc issue wasn't as prominent, she was unable to hear the musique or ambiance either, only sound effects.

Thank you for time in reply. As it appears not many others are encountering this, i will take your advice & move forward to submit a ticket.

sn0wXz
01-01-2012, 01:45 AM
oops yes checked* I play from the pacific northwest, usa~no proxy. The only thing that has been installed since the patch was some stupid IE/yahoo update, that has since been completely removed & replaced with google chrome.
No errors & i can open the market place without issue.
Since this post my bro in law (computer savvy type) came & went through the whole computer he didn't see anything that would be suspect.
My sister downloaded Cabal on her laptop & although the dc issue wasn't as prominent, she was unable to hear the musique or ambiance either, only sound effects.

Thank you for time in reply. As it appears not many others are encountering this, i will take your advice & move forward to submit a ticket.

Its an odd occurrence with no music or ambiance sounds... other then the volume turned to 0% in options menu, i never have experienced this, or heard of others experiencing it... I would say this is first time I've heard about it since I started playing in '08. Did you install cabal on her pc with the same installer, or did you re-download it? I guess theres a slight chance it could be corrupted, but I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't crash or give integrity fail on the installer before hand..

anyway good luck.