PDA

View Full Version : Old player needs help. cant join CH no error

Midgetchas14
01-02-2012, 09:07 PM
So i login get to select server pick one click a ch and nothing happens. no errors no nothing.
if i click prem ch it tells me i need BB+ or prem obviously. but when i click on a normal ch nothing happens i let the comp set for like 5 mins and still nothing have done manual patch. check files uninstall reinstall then patched and checked files again also added game to firewall and antivirus still nothing cant join a ch. but no error happens

Midgetchas14
01-02-2012, 09:45 PM
any help guys?

sn0wXz
01-02-2012, 09:55 PM
Test on new account to see if its still occurring, atleast that way you know if its account related. If its happening on other accounts id suspect something with your connection to the server.

Also you could test it by using msconfig.exe to disable the anti virus n firewall programs temporarily, once you test that way you could just relaunch msconfig.exe and enable them back on pending on if it affects the problem. (services tab is msconfig, and set selective startup for the test without anti virus/firewall without having to uninstall it)

Midgetchas14
01-02-2012, 09:57 PM
i have tryed with a total of 3 accounts 2 old one new i made earlier today. yeah im thinking it may be my connection i have a 26 meg download speed xfinity gateway.

sn0wXz
01-02-2012, 10:00 PM
i have tryed with a total of 3 accounts 2 old one new i made earlier today. yeah im thinking it may be my connection i have a 26 meg download speed xfinity gateway.

ye I dont mean your connection speed, just the connection to the server being bottlenecked. check the edit on the first post about disabling av/firewall to see if that helps possibly.

Midgetchas14
01-02-2012, 11:05 PM
ye I dont mean your connection speed, just the connection to the server being bottlenecked. check the edit on the first post about disabling av/firewall to see if that helps possibly.

Still nothing removed antivirus and turned firewall off still did not work.

Midgetchas14
01-02-2012, 11:22 PM
know if theres any ports i need to forward in my gateway?

sn0wXz
01-02-2012, 11:28 PM
wireless gateway? I dont know but I'd assume its on your end in all likeliness. I've never owned one or used wireless for gaming myself but it wouldn't surprise me if you were loosing packets or failing to connect through specific ports required for connections during different fucntions in the game like logging in, joining a world, chat connection ect.

did you just recently have this occur? like you havn't played cabal normally on this connection? "old player" as in you never played with this connection?

know if theres any ports i need to forward in my gateway?

There is quite a few ports for cabal, I myself used a program called currports to find basic ports needed to foward, but there is probably many more for other functions.

TCP 38111-38125
UDP 6800-6899

These are from cabal eu forum post about configuring firewall, so they are probably most relevant. http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?7123-SOLUTION-Configuring-your-firewall

Midgetchas14
01-02-2012, 11:33 PM
its a wireless gateway but i have my pc hardwired to it with ethernet the only reason its a gateway not a router is because it has 2 spots for the telephone to run through it and its connected to the cable

i played on this same pc years ago befor Est got Cabal back from OGP but i had a diff ISP.

Midgetchas14
01-02-2012, 11:44 PM
* Insert Troll face here *
Why U No Workz PC.

Midgetchas14
01-03-2012, 12:26 AM
From what i see on the EU fourms they have the same problem and they are saying its just serverlag / $H!† luck