PDA

View Full Version : Come back after a vacation and all items missing?

Urban
01-12-2012, 11:54 AM
I took a very long break from this game, about 7 months (much needed). So I decide to make a come back, I miss this game and the people in it and I miss kicking butt with flashy blue numbers.

So I log in ...lo and behold every fricken item I saved up for is missing, all my alz is gone and my main charactor is butt naked except his account bound K-red!

What the F##K, how piss poor is the game security here? Never told a soul my ingame pass, and it was impossible to outright guess. Is it even possible to get my stuff back or at least be compensated? And how the heck did this even happen in the first place :confused:

whitetrash
01-12-2012, 12:11 PM
Help desk ticket man .....

Urban
01-12-2012, 12:37 PM
gee thanks >.>

But answers would be nice. I heard the server got hacked or something just after I left, I didn't think it would be this bad. It's been a long time too over 7 months since I last logged in (prob longer), if a GM will even bother to trace back that far is a big question. Not to mention I cant recall the exact ammount of items/alz I had.

Well I have just floated a ticket, wish me luck. I hope this gets resolved or its a perminant vacation from cabal for me this time round.

Rowe
01-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Wish you the best of luck

Leihs
01-12-2012, 01:21 PM
anybody can sit here and claim they were gone on vacation, and come back without any items after logging on. you need proofs, otherwise they won't even bother.

saturnman43
01-12-2012, 08:45 PM
anybody can sit here and claim they were gone on vacation, and come back without any items after logging on. you need proofs, otherwise they won't even bother. thats right :D

packetj
01-12-2012, 09:01 PM
this --> http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?15454-Have-you-heard-of-Mass-hacking-in-Cabal-PH&highlight=mass+hacking

Rowe
01-12-2012, 10:17 PM
My account with my WA got scammed last year. was so pissed i just said fack it. I guess its worth a shot to try and get it back.

Urban
01-13-2012, 12:44 AM
anybody can sit here and claim they were gone on vacation, and come back without any items after logging on. you need proofs, otherwise they won't even bother.
thats right :D
To both of you geniuses, HOW THE FLYING F##K DO YOU EXPECT TO SHOW PROOF.
It's not like when I left I thought "ahhh... well I will just take a before and after screenshot just incase I get hacked" >.>
The only "proof" I have is in the logs, and I don't have access to them so yay.

Just got a reply back from Ticket. Here is part of it
Required Information:
1. Exact Time and Date when the issue occurred:
2. Affected Character Name:
3. Missing Item and/or Alz:
4. Detail Explanation of how the issue occurred:
5. Agreed with our Limited Restoration Terms:

So far not good, I cannot answer 1, 3 or 4 properly. I would have no bloody clue when I got hacked, I have been away from this damn game for almost a year it could have happened any time during then. I have no idea how much alz/items I lost, sif I write each transaction I do on a peice of paper. All I know is several billion worth in alz/items is gone at no fault of my own.

whitetrash
01-13-2012, 07:11 AM
Hey let's Cry about it then when they need info to try and help you cry more about it lol some people I swear they need a rough idea of what's missing so they know what to look for in the coding if you dont remember what you had there sure as hell not gonna try to dig it up for you thru months of logs come on now

sn0wXz
01-13-2012, 08:10 AM
gee thanks >.>

I heard the server got hacked or something just after I left, I didn't think it would be this bad.

It's called rumors. Your account being compromised does not imply the server was "hacked". You would have seen mass-hackings or players who actually had decent items/gear (top players) being "hacked". No offense but if the server was "hacked" you are probably the last account they would choose to rip from.

It's not like when I left I thought "ahhh... well I will just take a before and after screenshot just incase I get hacked" >.>

Required Information:

So far not good, I cannot answer 1, 3 or 4 properly. I would have no bloody clue when I got hacked, I have been away from this damn game for almost a year it could have happened any time during then. I have no idea how much alz/items I lost, sif I write each transaction I do on a peice of paper. All I know is several billion worth in alz/items is gone at no fault of my own.

You cant remember anything you had in terms of items? You realize items you had a year ago probably 1/4th the value today given the market with ic2/mo and crafted-epic drops(exception with few pieces).... Anyway all you can do is rough it, You can't expect much if your unable to give much. I don't know what the "limited restoration terms" are, but im assuming this won't turn out to well for you considering you've forgotten everything pertinent to the account, poor account management. BTW You dont have any ss's in your folders of items/chars' gear? Lol.

Rowe
01-13-2012, 10:33 AM
lol Thank god when i got scammed/hacked I was in the process of quiting. So I had a thread for all my gears for sale. Probably the reason i was hacked they new what i had.

I was able to go back in the forum thread a year and find my old thread and give a detailed list of what was missing.

xvxURIZENxvx
01-13-2012, 10:35 AM
HOW THE FLYING F##K DO YOU EXPECT TO SHOW PROOF.

7 months of timestamped photos of your vacation in slideshow format

Leihs
01-13-2012, 02:01 PM
7 months of timestamped photos of your vacation in slideshow format

this ^, & why you's mad b?
just trying to help you, why would GM's give back the "gear" you supposedly had, if you have no proof of ever having it? EST doesn't love you that much to track backwards 7 months just to help you. WHO YOU THINK YOU ISZ?!

Urban
01-13-2012, 06:27 PM
Sorry Snowxz, I am just not nerdy (or smart) enough to write down every single thing I have on a peice of paper everytime I log out. (not to mention I actually trusted security here). Also after some investigating I was right. This server has been comprimised many months ago just after I left there was mass hacking cases. None of them were at fault of the user in all cases I've read. Snowxz you were very active at that time it seems so shame on you.
7 months of timestamped photos of your vacation in slideshow formatThank f##K people that "think" like xvxURIZENxvx/whitetrash are not GM's.... (since when do you need to be in hawaii just to be allowed to take a break from cabal?) Undecided if I should throw leihs into that group just yet.

Ahum back on topic, thanks Rowe for being one of the few people here supporting me. Also a big thank you to GM's atm they seem to be working on it. Logs are tedious but not that hard to look up even several months back and as I said this was at no fault of my own. It is quite unrealistic to screenshot your account everytime you log out. Glad GM's have more sense then some of the players in this thread.

Anyway I will let you all know how it goes. Pretty much my Cabal future (or lack of) hangs in the balance yay >.>

xvxURIZENxvx
01-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Sorry Snowxz, I am just not nerdy (or smart) enough to write down every single thing I have on a peice of paper everytime I log out. (not to mention I actually trusted security here). Also after some investigating I was right. This server has been comprimised many months ago just after I left there was mass hacking cases. None of them were at fault of the user in all cases I've read. Snowxz you were very active at that time it seems so shame on you.Thank f##K people that "think" like xvxURIZENxvx/whitetrash are not GM's.... (since when do you need to be in hawaii just to be allowed to take a break from cabal?) Undecided if I should throw leihs into that group just yet.

Ahum back on topic, thanks Rowe for being one of the few people here supporting me. Also a big thank you to GM's atm they seem to be working on it. Logs are tedious but not that hard to look up even several months back and as I said this was at no fault of my own. It is quite unrealistic to screenshot your account everytime you log out. Glad GM's have more sense then some of the players in this thread.

Anyway I will let you all know how it goes. Pretty much my Cabal future (or lack of) hangs in the balance yay >.>

Whoa whoa,don't single me out k I'm just tryin to make you laugh,lighten up,I'm sure gm's are hard at work on your case,they just want as much intel as you can provide,think of it as you,helping them to help you

jimbo
01-13-2012, 06:44 PM
Wish you the best of luck
same

true

sn0wXz
01-13-2012, 06:48 PM
Sorry Snowxz, I am just not nerdy (or smart) enough to write down every single thing I have on a peice of paper everytime I log out. (not to mention I actually trusted security here). Also after some investigating I was right. This server has been comprimised many months ago just after I left there was mass hacking cases. None of them were at fault of the user in all cases I've read. Snowxz you were very active at that time it seems so shame on you.Thank f##K people that "think" like xvxURIZENxvx/whitetrash are not GM's.... (since when do you need to be in hawaii just to be allowed to take a break from cabal?) Undecided if I should throw leihs into that group just yet.

Remembering what you had for gear isn't nerdy or smart, I wouldn't expect you to write it down for future reference, I would assume you use your memory for that.

Where is this proof that the server was compromised? Players claiming they were "hacked" most often results from downloading a keylogger or accepting a infected file from a "friend/guildmate". As of yet I have yet to see actual database leak, just random people claiming they were hacked for their +6 capes ect... I'm not saying they weren't "hacked" but I doubt anyone has had access to the database and decided to "hack" the nobodies they did "hack". No offense but if I had access to all the accounts I definitely would go for someone with epic gear, not sub-par average gear that I'm already/have been wearing, Lol.

When did the claim the servers were compromised actually become fact in the past year?; or even since EST transfer. Did you even have subpass on this account or you can't remember that either? Just asking out of curiosity. Last time I remember legit integrity problems was with alz rip in OGP days. Sure you can assume it was someone "hacking" EST in all reality its a million times easier to just get keylogged by someone you don't expect to steal your acct.

On a side note your sig is borderline hentai, which is slightly disturbing to say the least, lol. Too many naked guys watching the chick with fox/dog ears n a tail. Anyhow gl with the restore I guess, there was a few with accounts restored latley so barring any unforseen circumstances you probably have a decent chance at getting the stuff back if it was legitimately compromised; however everyone has seen people compromise their own accounts and get the items restored, and others don't so its matter of what the GMs decide to do in each situation. Some get the lucky break, some don't for random reasons aka implication they compromised their own accounts.

Triplethreat
01-13-2012, 06:55 PM
They do check logs and restore items. I got a message today from Snow stating they confiscated my ROL +2 I bought last week. I'm guessing it was b/c someone got hacked and the person who hacked them sold it to me. I got my alz back, so no real harm.

sn0wXz
01-13-2012, 07:10 PM
They do check logs and restore items. I got a message today from Snow stating they confiscated my ROL +2 I bought last week. I'm guessing it was b/c someone got hacked and the person who hacked them sold it to me. I got my alz back, so no real harm.

lmao if that was OGP they probably would have banned you and left the person selling ingame. atleast EST seem to be confident in their conclusions to investigations, grats.

Rowe
01-13-2012, 07:36 PM
well I did the same thing you did bro. sent in a HD ticket. Got the same response asking for those 5 requirements.

I gave them all 5 with exact detail.

guess what i got back as a response. After all the time ive spent in cabal. promoted cabal 2. invested money. helped players.

"Greetings,

We appreciate the information you’ve provided. However, due to the amount of time that has passed, we regret to inform you that we are unable to assist with your request for a restoration.

While we always attempt to assist players in need, we are unable to guarantee a full restoration. We strive to help whenever we can, however, please be aware that restorations are limited and we reserve the right to refuse reimbursement at the sole discretion of ESTsoft Inc.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Game Master Surreal"

Masa
01-13-2012, 09:37 PM

Required Information:

Pretty much the same response I got when JUST my suit went missing. Gave up after that since I didn't have screenies of the gear 'cause I knew they most likely won't do anything about it without proof. -__-;
Oh and now my EOF7 went missing just today. >:C

6IX
01-13-2012, 11:47 PM
How is it their fault that you got hacked? If I was a hacker I'd go after the top player not some random player.

If the database of a specific company was hacked they have to disclose those information to their users. I dont see est saying that their database was hacked so that means, its your fault.

People need to take responsibility of things and quit blaming other people.

ByBy
01-14-2012, 01:08 AM
i remember when the *mass hackings* were going on. we had like 5 guildys get hacked within a week. i figured meh w/e i'm safe because nobody knows my info. a few days later i was dancing in bi waiting for war or getting ready for bed idr then i see the message "someone is attempting to log onto your account". like 10 sec later i dced bc someone got my info. i was lucky i was around when that happened or else i wouldve lost all my stuffs too because i immedietly changed my info then relogged back in. if it happened to me could happen to anyone....

and btw why would a hacker go after the top people, i dont agree with this. alot of their gear is unique and alot of people know about it, therefore making it more likely you'd get caught imo; i think its much safer to go after then normally geared people.

anyways good luck hope u get your stuffs back! word of advice tho, if u get it back take screenies, if u update gear take more.

Urban
01-14-2012, 05:02 AM
^ thanks very much ByBy, yeah I remember that time to it was f###ked. Didn't expect I would get hit though I kept my shiet so secure, I will let you all know how it works out.

How is it their fault that you got hacked? If I was a hacker I'd go after the top player not some random player.
If the database of a specific company was hacked they have to disclose those information to their users. I dont see est saying that their database was hacked so that means, its your fault.
People need to take responsibility of things and quit blaming other people.You aren't the brightest person around are you? Firstly why would you go after the top player and risk much higher chances of getting caught.

Secondly how the flying F##K can you take responsibility for something you did NOT do? Are you really that thick in the head? Mind you, ESTsoft did disclose the fact that they were getting mass hacks in forums that time. If you are bored feel free to look that one up

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Sn0wXz: I still do not understand why your pretending ignorance to the times when ESTsoft got mass hacked, you were very active at the time while I barely played and even I knew about it. It seemed like each third post in forums at the time was a hack case back then it was absurd. And no I did not use a keylogger, downloaded app, or give my password out or anything retarded like that obviously. Hacking nobodies is the easiest way not to get caught, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. And yes my sig is from a hentai (well a video game with sex scenes, if that counts?)

Mishon
01-14-2012, 06:24 AM
Bad security is bad. This is one reason I quit.

sn0wXz
01-14-2012, 08:10 AM
@Sn0wXz: I still do not understand why your pretending ignorance to the times when ESTsoft got mass hacked, you were very active at the time while I barely played and even I knew about it. It seemed like each third post in forums at the time was a hack case back then it was absurd. And no I did not use a keylogger, downloaded app, or give my password out or anything retarded like that obviously. Hacking nobodies is the easiest way not to get caught, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out. And yes my sig is from a hentai (well a video game with sex scenes, if that counts?)

There was no mass "hackings", what do you mean "get caught"? What items/accounts compromised = more risk getting caught? All items have IDs and the logs could present pretty recent trail of where items went ect. "hacking" nobodies if they had access to the database is more retarded then suggesting the server was "hacked" in the first place, There is absolutely no logic in that at all. I don't believe EST ever admitted to a compromised database so you must be high in that regard.

Seriously though it cracks me up to see the same people claim they were "hacked" twice within a few time year span, Lol. Its obviously poor account management not database leak. That byby guy sounds legit man, a specific guild of nobodies being targeted by a guy with access to the whole database and could take accounts with 20b in gear instead of accounts with 500m in gear, Right that sounds logical. Since the items are soo unique on a 20b account they wouldn't dare to take them, since they would risk "getting caught" LOL? You realize getting caught is not even a factor in taking items from an account. I would be surprised if they even proxy when taking items, thats how obvious of a keylogging it is. Get out of here with this "mass server hackings" lolol.

Rowe
01-14-2012, 09:51 AM
Either way its sad they wont help players who where hacked/scammed/whatever when its over a month ago.......

Lann
01-14-2012, 10:04 AM
is the restoration limit really low? cuz when i loss my stuff they only gave my char out of sig eof+7 and 34/7 osm helm and char

and its kinda unfair when they don't help u because of time being so long when it takes them 4months to answer a ticket anyways

Rowe
01-14-2012, 10:47 AM
my 3 tickets where honestly answered within 4hrs great response time but wouldnt go back into March/April of 2011

6IX
01-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Every item has a unique id on them. May it be a 50mill item or a 1bill item, it doesnt matter. So yes the if I was going to hack the database I'd target expensive accounts or your paypal/credit card info.

Quit trying to confuse mass hacking to database hacking. Mass hacking is due to alz selling website, they are prominent in hacking their clients and providing free hacks with keyloggers.

Quit being a retard and blame a company for your stupidity.

Hope you don't get your items back. I hate seeing people like you get second chances, you dont deserve it.

Irresponsible and entitled.

Urban
01-15-2012, 02:59 PM
To the morons (Sn0Xz and 6IX).... ESPECIALLY 6IX

- Why the flying F#### would use an alz website? I get all the alz I need from capsules provided by this website's item shop. I have proof of that, if both of your tiny brains can comprehend? I showed GM's proof of that also
- For the 20th time, I did not use a keylogger (I don't even know what a keylogger is, so how could use one?).
- I didn't use or download any 3rd party programs or hacks (even if I wanted to, I would have no idea how to use one)

Sn0Xz I don't like liars (aka you). 6IX and Sn0xz please get your facts right before replying with nonsense, especially you 6IX. Not everyone that claims hack has the need for an alz website. Why would you when there is an itemshop on main website?

Well hopefully that shuts the troll duo up for a few hours. Back on topic, GM's seem to be working on the case. Seems my claim to no fault of my own was legit after all (duh 6IX). A big thank you to the GM's and most of the people in this thread who are supportive. I will keep you all updated and I hope to play this game soon.

bardiel7777
01-15-2012, 03:07 PM

- Why the flying F#### would use an alz website? I get all the alz I need from capsules provided by this website's item shop. I have proof of that, if both of your tiny brains can comprehend? I showed GM's proof of that also
- For the 20th time, I did not use a keylogger (I don't even know what a keylogger is).
- I didn't use or download a 3rd party program such as a hack (even if I wanted to, I would have no idea how to use one)

Sn0Xz I don't like liars (aka you). I remember before I left many people trash talked you in forums. I never knew why, till now. 6IX and Sn0xz please get your facts right before replying with nonsense, especially you 6IX. Not everyone that claims hack has the need for an alz website.

Well hopefully that shuts the troll duo up for a few hours. Back on topic, GM's seem to be working on the case. Seems my claim to no fault of my own was legit after all. A big thank you to the GM's and most of the people in this thread who are supportive. I will keep you all updated and I hope to play this game soon.

Grats, Urban

Btw off topic, but just wanted to point out its much more worth your time and money to sell vouchers than buying capsules for alz (1000 ecoins for 130m compared to 1400 ecoins for 100m)

Rowe
01-15-2012, 03:11 PM
a keylogger isnt something you use..... its something a hacker uses to follow your keystrokes and gives him your log in info.

Urban
01-17-2012, 04:27 AM
O.O Now that is interesting, learn something new everyday.

Still I download pretty much nothing nor do I use internet Cafe so it wouldnt be a keylogger. The ammount of hacking cases seems to be growing, database security seems rather lax here at best. Still not as much as when the mass hackings occured before (yes Sn0wXz the ones you keep denying).

Still waiting on my items sigh, I miss this game very much...

whitetrash
01-17-2012, 07:07 AM
If you don't know what a key logger is how do you know you don't have one?
It's ez to get that guildie that just had to show you that vid or pic ........ I'm just saying you can't trust anyone....

sn0wXz
01-17-2012, 01:36 PM
- Why the flying F#### would use an alz website? I get all the alz I need from capsules provided by this website's item shop. I have proof of that, if both of your tiny brains can comprehend? I showed GM's proof of that also.

Sn0Xz I don't like liars (aka you). Not everyone that claims hack has the need for an alz website. Why would you when there is an itemshop on main website?

Don't know what your talking about with the alz site and what relation it has to you quoting me, might want to read a little slower there bro. I'm not lying, your not producing much evidence of "mass hackings", if your claiming something happened it might be a good idea to support that claim with something.

- For the 20th time, I did not use a keylogger (I don't even know what a keylogger is, so how could use one?).

Lol....Go on, this is somewhat entertaining, I was just pointing out you do not know when, what, or how pertaining to the "limited restoration" of your items. Those are typically remembered because you know, they play cabal online not log in 2-3 times to check if they still got their random gear :).

Well hopefully that shuts the troll duo up for a few hours. Back on topic, GM's seem to be working on the case. Seems my claim to no fault of my own was legit after all (duh 6IX). A big thank you to the GM's and most of the people in this thread who are supportive. I will keep you all updated and I hope to play this game soon.

Back on topic 7 month old gear is probably 1/2 the price excluding sigmetal/forci amp and accessories; so if they don't restore the stuff from 7 months ago, atleast it won't take you long to get all of it back by playing the game! ;)

Besides given you have no clue when this happened, it coulda been 7 months ago when you left and not even related to the current situation with people loosing gear so theres really no correlation between you loosing gear, and any claimed "mass hackings". I'm not replying with nonsense, I've seen it happen myself, not to me but you get the point. :D

Shinji
01-17-2012, 02:05 PM
lol keyloggers are everywhere hide yo kids hide yo wife, people should know various ways their account info could of been taken and stop misinterpreting it by just saying we got hacked and really doesnt take a genius to know how to keylog.

Urban
01-17-2012, 11:22 PM
Can't be farked quoting troll Sn0Wxz atm, I already found evidence that proves him otherwise and his posts are pretty broken record/liar/long/troll. I will quote him later I suppose when I feel like burning my keyboard for no appearent reason :eek:
If you don't know what a key logger is how do you know you don't have one?Learned what they are from google/Rowe (thanks Rowe). Safely say I don't have one yet
lol keyloggers are everywhere hide yo kids hide yo wife, people should know various ways their account info could of been taken and stop misinterpreting it by just saying we got hacked and really doesnt take a genius to know how to keylog.Oh and I am alone in this house, so it's not like someone could just peek over my shoulder. All my computers are password log ins, not even my mother knows them. So that takes the "someone used your computer to download" story out the picture
It's ez to get that guildie that just had to show you that vid or pic ........ I'm just saying you can't trust anyone....I understand, sorry if I laballed you in the same troll boat as sn0wXz. Though I clearly stated that I pretty much don't download anything (with the exception of cabal auto-patcher since it forces you to). I am just too paranoid. I have a seperate computer, in a seperate estate, on a seperate internet connection for my downloading purposes. Can't be more secure then that really?

Is there something here I missed out on??? So far EVERY excuse I can (and all of you can) think of just have not happened yet. I would love to claim fault of my own, at least then I would trust Cabal NA with my paypal details again and just restart. Unfortunately none of us including myself can find any that are even applicable to me. I don't think I am a lone ranger here either, this problem is widespread

sn0wXz
01-18-2012, 07:29 AM
*yawn* 7 month old restoration and your acting like you know its part of some mass hacking, lulz. I like how your ruling out scenarios applicable to you its pretty funny.

Good luck with getting restoration there, let us know how it goes. Pointless to defend any of the possibilities because you wouldn't know if you ever were compromised anyway. Guess all you can do it wait to see what GM does with your restoration or you can sit here and argue with the forums about how its impossible your account was compromised in any way besides server/database breach thats a never ending/debatable subject so enjoy.

whitetrash
01-18-2012, 08:07 AM
So what your saying is you have a computer fit cabal and cabal only cause you didnt wanna get infected yet you didn't know what a key logger is .... I call bull I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ on the separate comp for your so called downloading you do more on the "cabal" comp then you admit I'm willing to bet
And if anyone believes you drive to another house to download is a dumbass lol

[GM] Lorkan
01-18-2012, 10:28 AM
I've ran a quick IP Address History Investigation on your forum account.

Since your account has been created you've used your forum account in multiple areas. To be exact, 4 different towns in Australia and 9 different IP Addresses. This is just your forum account, not your in-game account.

-Accidentally Posted that too early-

An official replay from ESTsoft will be provided shortly.

For our players we strongly recommend reading these following post:

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?21045-The-Dangers-of-Illegal-Third-Party-Programs

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?27559-Protect-Your-Account-Beware-Scamming-amp-Fraud

whitetrash
01-18-2012, 10:29 AM
That's my buddy lorkan !!!!!!!!
That's why your my fav GM you like to call out the bull I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ lol

Shinji
01-18-2012, 11:27 AM
Lawl you think the keylogger has to be in your house? lawl

Urban
01-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Lawl you think the keylogger has to be in your house? lawlSinji you idiot read what GM Lorkan said properly >.>

Thanks GM Lorkan, you proved me right.

- My forum account is different from my in game account. An added security measure
- I clearly NEVER play Cabal from differet places, merely only use forums in different places (this backs my alibi, sorry whitetrash)
- Since my forum account is different from my game account, and the computers are different, at worst a keylogger would have only hacked my useless forum account. Glad a GM sees this, yet more evidence to my cause
- I use forums from my laptop at any unsecure location yes, I play cabal only in 1 secure location on my desktop. Again as stated by GM-Lorkan, feel free to check this. GM please tell me the IP/location of my hacker when the investigation is complete

Thanks for the links GM Lorkan. I can clearly say I didn't do anything to jerpordise my in game account. The only thing I missed out on would have been "frequently change passwords", though since I play alone in 1 location (unlike forums), it should not be an issue.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, the 9 different IP addresses and 4 different towns is an unexpected and interesting find. I only use 3 different internet providers and 2 different towns for forums. Could it be from Dynamic IP? Or perhaps if I log into forums from a laptop and take a drive, how many towns would that register as? (well I suppose in that case it would be MORE then 4..... hmmm interesting)

Still it shouldn't make a difference since my forum and ingame accounts are different, and I clearly only log in cabal game from a different computer and one precise location. Though I am curious

sn0wXz
01-18-2012, 04:29 PM
Sinji you idiot read what GM Lorkan said properly >.>

- My forum account is different from my in game account. An added security measure
- I clearly NEVER play Cabal from differet places, merely only use forums in different places (this backs my alibi, sorry whitetrash)
- Since my forum account is different from my game account, and the computers are different, at worst a keylogger would have only hacked my useless forum account. Glad a GM sees this, yet more evidence to my cause
- I use forums from my laptop at any unsecure location yes, I play cabal only in 1 secure location on my desktop. Again as stated by GM-Lorkan, feel free to check this. GM please tell me the IP/location of my hacker when the investigation is complete

Thanks for the links GM Lorkan. I can clearly say I didn't do anything to jerpordise my in game account. The only thing I missed out on would have been "frequently change passwords", though since I play alone in 1 location (unlike forums), it should not be an issue.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, the 9 different IP addresses and 4 different towns is an unexpected and interesting find. I only use 3 different internet providers and 2 different towns for forums. Could it be from Dynamic IP? Or perhaps if I log into forums from a laptop and take a drive, how many towns would that register as? (well I suppose in that case it would be MORE then 4..... hmmm interesting)

Still it shouldn't make a difference since my forum and ingame accounts are different, and I clearly only log in cabal game from a different computer and one precise location. Though I am curious

They won't give you anyones IP thats for sure, let alone location derived from the IP; and anything your laptop gets from unsecure networks can easily be transferred to your home network once you re-introduce the "hypothetically infected" laptop.

Urban
01-18-2012, 05:00 PM
They won't give you anyones IP thats for sure, let alone location derived from the IP; and anything your laptop gets from unsecure networks can easily be transferred to your home network once you re-introduce the "hypothetically infected" laptop.How? My Game computer and my laptop are never LAN with each other, nor do I ever transfer items from laptop to desktop. Also one is always off when the other is on (though thats not a security measure, its just cause I try save electricity >.>). Also I mean in all fairness, no one could have keylogged my forum account anyway. I use it on the move yes, though I use it on a paid secure internet service password locked and I am always by myself when I use it. Even if the invisable stalker is chasing me, hacking my useless forum account won't do anything.

Er.... GM-Lorken? In the beware third party programs it mentions, the only one I failed is:
Antivirus Software - An Antivirus Software scans your computer’s memory and storage space to identify and eliminate viruses.

How the fricken hell are you supposed to avoid having an anti-virus? Just about every person worthy of owning a computer would have an anti virus. Well I suppose this might be plausible if you use some dodgy free anti-virus a "friend" in Cabal advises.... but surely my paid subscription of norton anti-virus did not hack me. :confused:

Shinji
01-18-2012, 06:09 PM
Sinji you idiot read what GM Lorkan said properly >.>

Hey idiot Im just pointing out what you said about no one using your computer lawl then again good job misunderstanding my post

Urban
01-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Hey moron, how the hell can someone use my computer when I live home alone?

As for the laptop, firstly I don't have cabal installed on here its just forums but even if I did... I don't use it in public I always use it in a deserted location (aka my cr@p work, I work alone as well so don't say "oh but your co-workers walked passed"). For both the Desktop or Laptop they would have to break into the place, bypass locks and alarms, knock me out and then manage to crack my log in pass.... just to steal my crap cabal items?

And even if the invisable uber stalker of death did follow me, why would he steal my cabal items instead of stealing my wallet or cellphone? :eek:

Just face it, I have been responsible here regardless of how much you hate to admit it. I hope ESTsoft does the right thing here, my cabal future is at stake. I thank all the people here that supported me atm I will keep everyone informed on what happens...

Shinji
01-19-2012, 02:37 AM
Hey moron, how the hell can someone use my computer when I live home alone?

As for the laptop, firstly I don't have cabal installed on here its just forums but even if I did... I don't use it in public I always use it in a deserted location (aka my cr@p work, I work alone as well so don't say "oh but your co-workers walked passed"). For both the Desktop or Laptop they would have to break into the place, bypass locks and alarms, knock me out and then manage to crack my log in pass.... just to steal my crap cabal items?

And even if the invisable uber stalker of death did follow me, why would he steal my cabal items instead of stealing my wallet or cellphone? :eek:

Just face it, I have been responsible here regardless of how much you hate to admit it. I hope ESTsoft does the right thing here, my cabal future is at stake. I thank all the people here that supported me atm I will keep everyone informed on what happens...Lawl and there we go, the famous reply ''I live alone'' you think your so secure just cause of that? lmao dont be to sure. and you keep thinking a keylogger is someone in rl lawl

whitetrash
01-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Someone is delusional

CandiCoatted
01-19-2012, 07:27 AM
o.o

Urban
01-19-2012, 11:03 AM
Lawl and there we go, the famous reply ''I live alone'' you think your so secure just cause of that? lmao dont be to sure. and you keep thinking a keylogger is someone in rl lawlShinji.... read my posts properly.... before replying.

I told you 2 pages ago I lived alone, and you only realize NOW!? Seriously dude wake up

Such a shame, I actually considered you to be one of the brighter people here before I left....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: My ticket is still in progress.... Starting to see why so many people just gave up bothering to get their items even if they are not at fault and just quit. I am starting to feel the same way, it is pretty tiresome waiting for a "maybe" when you know you have been responsible with your account. I suppose people like Shinji don't exactly help the moral either -_-

sn0wXz
01-19-2012, 11:11 AM
Well given its a 7 month timespan for when the gears could have disappeared and the account compromised, I would expect a longer then usual wait. I submitted a ticket that was answered in 2 days or so (not related to account compromised issue so thats probably why), Since they marked you as "in progress" obviously they have read over it and probably already have protocol to follow in regards to investigating the account and what happened with it, given they have put the term "limited restoration" im assuming time can be a factor in the ability to restore accounts but I could be wrong there.

The fact about the keylogging/infected pc/unsecure network is plain and simple. You don't need to live with people to get keylogged, you don't have to have anyone use your computer. There is really no need to go into a debate on theoretical if your computer was compromised - because its never ending. Just wait on your helpdesk ticket, also i wouldn't say not logging in for 7 months, not setting inventory lock is being responsible but that is just my sole opinion.

Shinji
01-19-2012, 02:30 PM
Shinji.... read my posts properly.... before replying.

I told you 2 pages ago I lived alone, and you only realize NOW!? Seriously dude wake up

Such a shame, I actually considered you to be one of the brighter people here before I left....

Update: My ticket is still in progress.... Starting to see why so many people just gave up bothering to get their items even if they are not at fault and just quit. I am starting to feel the same way, it is pretty tiresome waiting for a "maybe" when you know you have been responsible with your account. I suppose people like Shinji don't exactly help the moral either -_-
Read my first reply lawl and second reply trololol now tell me what gave you the bright idea of saying I just realize now when my replies are clearly just pointing out that a keylogger doesnt have to be around you or your house, but then again you probably give me the ''I live alone'' crap again

GL I got crime to fight kakakaka

CandiCoatted
01-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Shinji.... read my posts properly.... before replying.

and this couldnt have happend to a nicer guy or girl....lol

doomer123
01-19-2012, 02:53 PM
I DIDN'T POST IN THIS YET?OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Aw, OP is so mad. Too bad, you're an idiot.

Shinji
01-19-2012, 02:54 PM
and this couldnt have happend to a nicer guy or girl....lol
I give good moral support right!?!??!

whitetrash
01-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Play stupid games win stupid prizes lol

CandiCoatted
01-19-2012, 04:30 PM
I give good moral support right!?!??!

omg you do!

Urban
01-19-2012, 11:06 PM
I give good moral support right!?!??!In a "look at me I'm an idiot" kind of way yes. I suppose it does feel a little good knowing there is always someone a little worse off then me (at least in the IQ department). :eek:
I DIDN'T POST IN THIS YET?OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
Aw, OP is so mad. Too bad, you're an idiot.How am I mad? are you Shinji's retarded sister or something? >.>

Are you one of those morons that call every person you disagree with "mad"? If you said I was sad, yeah ok maybe. Impatient, well I suppose. ....but where the heck did you get mad from?????

doomer123
01-20-2012, 07:47 AM

- I didn't use or download any 3rd party programs or hacks (even if I wanted to, I would have no idea how to use one)

Sn0Xz I don't like liars (aka you). 6IX and Sn0xz please get your facts right before replying with nonsense, especially you 6IX. Not everyone that claims hack has the need for an alz website. Why would you when there is an itemshop on main website?

Tell me you're not mad.

A retard calling me a retard? Sh1t, at least I know what a keylogger is.

Cathy
01-20-2012, 07:50 AM
Tell me you're not mad.

A retard calling me a retard? Sh1t, at least I know what a keylogger is.

hi doomer

xi lost a gvg

you are now number 1 wiz yes? :>

doomer123
01-20-2012, 07:51 AM
hi doomer

xi lost a gvg

you are now number 1 wiz yes? :>

OH SH1T yeaaaaaaaaaaa
No wait hotpot stilll better than me :(

Urban
01-20-2012, 08:33 AM
Tell me you're not mad.Doomer you stup1d bimbo, read what's in pink then tell me why the heck would I be mad?

Hello,
After a thorough and extensive investigation of the account theft issue you have reported, we were able to retrieve and restore the items, alz and/or characters. The following items will be stored in your warehouse:
Ring Of Fighter +9
Amulet Of Pain +3
Osmium Armorsuit +10
Forcium Visor (FS) +8
Forcium Greaves (FS) of Guard +9
Forcium Gauntlet (FS) +8
Forcium Katana +8
Forcium Orb +9
Critical Ring +2
*XXXX* Alz (Sent-ingame mail)

..........*formalities*............

Sincerely,
Game Master Snow

A special thanks to GM-Snow, GM-Lorkan, any other GM's involved in the investigation. It is nice to know that the game masters here do care about the players and they are willing to help out the responsible people here. I will continue to play this game and maybe even buy some more ecoins if I go hardcore again. I would also like to thank all the people here who have given me support. I really appreciatte it guys, and thanks for believing my story even if it was just the benefit of the doubt.

As for the few w@nkers who accused me of being irresponsible with my account without even bothering to know facts first, shame on you (especially you 6IX). The next time a hack case comes up, I hope you guys will at least know better then to flame someone with empty accusations.

doomer123
01-20-2012, 08:46 AM
Doomer you're an idiot, read what's in pink then tell me why the heck would I be mad?

Hello,
After a thorough and extensive investigation of the account theft issue you have reported, we were able to retrieve and restore the items, alz and/or characters. The following items will be stored in your warehouse:
Ring Of Fighter +9
Amulet Of Pain +3
Osmium Armorsuit +10
Forcium Visor (FS) +8
Forcium Gauntlet (FS) +8
Forcium Katana +8
Forcium Orb +9
Critical Ring +2

Sincerely,
Game Master Snow

A special thanks to GM-Snow, GM-Lorkan, any other GM's involved in the investigation. It is nice to know that the game masters here do care about the players and they are willing to help out the responsible people here. I will continue to play this game and maybe even buy some more ecoins if I go hardcore again. I would also like to thank all the people here who have given me support. I really appreciatte it guys, and thanks for believing my story even if it was just the benefit of the doubt.

As for the few w@nkers who accused me of being irresponsible with my account without even bothering to know facts first, shame on you (especially you 6IX). The next time a hack case comes up, I hope you guys will at least know better then to flame someone with empty accusations.
So, you're happy with getting your garbage gear back?
>implying that I'd waste time reading a sped's post

CandiCoatted
01-20-2012, 08:50 AM
So, you're happy with getting your garbage gear back?
>implying that I'd waste time reading a sped's post

ooh she so went there
o.O

Urban
01-20-2012, 08:53 AM
So, you're happy with getting your garbage gear back?Duh?

So obviously you were wrong when you moronically accused me of being "mad". Now shoo troll and leave me to being "mad" about my success :D ....fricken bimbo lol

Valdoroth
01-20-2012, 08:54 AM
hey, stupid is as stupid posts :)
and trolls are usually in that catagory
Grats on getting your stuff back.

Travesh
01-20-2012, 08:54 AM
Doomer you stup1d bimbo, read what's in pink then tell me why the heck would I be mad?

Hello,
Ring Of Fighter +9
Amulet Of Pain +3
Osmium Armorsuit +10
Forcium Visor (FS) +8
Forcium Gauntlet (FS) +8
Forcium Katana +8
Forcium Orb +9
Critical Ring +2

Sincerely,
Game Master Snow

^This
I should be next! :3

Tenrai
01-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Hope you get your pixel's back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSmtJtL2Tvs

doomer123
01-20-2012, 08:56 AM
Duh?

So obviously you were wrong when you moronically accused me of being "mad". Now shoo troll and leave me to being "mad" about my success :D ....fricken bimbo lol
Yes, I'm completely wrong about you swearing your ass off and being wrong.

hey, stupid is as stupid posts :)
and trolls are usually in that catagory
Grats on getting your stuff back.
Hi, you better at the game yet?

Urban
01-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Yes, I'm completely wrong about you swearing your ass off and being wrong.I'm Aussie, I swear for a living :p

sn0wXz
01-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Doomer you stup1d bimbo, read what's in pink then tell me why the heck would I be mad?

Hello,
Ring Of Fighter +9
Amulet Of Pain +3
Osmium Armorsuit +10
Forcium Visor (FS) +8
Forcium Gauntlet (FS) +8
Forcium Katana +8
Forcium Orb +9
Critical Ring +2

Sincerely,
Game Master Snow

No wonder you forgot what gear you had, lol. Btw not logging into an account for 7 months not changing the pw and not having char/inventory lock is not being responsible. Lol.

Cathy
01-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Forcium Visor (FS) +8

This makes me cry

Urban
01-20-2012, 01:40 PM
*gives cathy a tissue*

Btw not logging into an account for 7 months not changing the pw and not having char/inventory lock is not being responsible. Lol.I disagree purely because you shouldn't have to be active to be classified as "responsible". Not all gamers are active some go months even years on end without even seeing a computer. There is nothing irresponsible about this, it is called "having a life". All MMO's should have the capacity to provide security even for the very casual gamer assuming ofcourse they have not shared their account, used some form of 3rd party programs, or downloaded anything dodgy etc.

That is just my opinion, though I will say all other MMO's I have played seem fine in this regard. Cabal included (with the exception of the multiple hack incidents on 6/2011 where I and many others lost our items).

Shinji
01-20-2012, 03:24 PM
In a "look at me I'm an idiot" kind of way yes. I suppose it does feel a little good knowing there is always someone a little worse off then me (at least in the IQ department). :eek:How am I mad? are you Shinji's retarded sister or something? >.>

Are you one of those morons that call every person you disagree with "mad"? If you said I was sad, yeah ok maybe. Impatient, well I suppose. ....but where the heck did you get mad from?????
Lawl you must be in the jimbo department, nice way of showing your a dumb ass thinking that Im here arguing about your sad ass story when I been replying you about not knowing what a keylogger is rofl.

DoItOver
01-20-2012, 11:44 PM
You're all trash lol. Before ya'll go crazy, ya'll just looked stupid here and decided to go on to offensive since he proved all your arses wrong.

Urban
01-21-2012, 06:00 AM
+1 to the comment above, thank you DoItOver
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lawl you must be in the jimbo department, nice way of showing your a dumb ass thinking that Im here arguing about your sad ass story when I been replying you about not knowing what a keylogger is rofl.And your "replying" (*cough* *cough* accusing) came long before I made that statement, so please stop lying. For the record I actually (partially) knew what I keylogger was, I was just being modest and wanted to make sure I was 100% correct before replying that keyloggers were not the cause.

Just face it dude, you were wrong. Now stop crying over it geez...

Shinji
01-21-2012, 02:27 PM
+1 to the comment above, thank you DoItOver
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And your "replying" (*cough* *cough* accusing) came long before I made that statement, so please stop lying. For the record I actually (partially) knew what I keylogger was, I was just being modest and wanted to make sure I was 100% correct before replying that keyloggers were not the cause.

Just face it dude, you were wrong. Now stop crying over it geez...
lol keyloggers are everywhere hide yo kids hide yo wife, people should know various ways their account info could of been taken and stop misinterpreting it by just saying we got hacked and really doesnt take a genius to know how to keylog.
My first reply of this whole thread lawl then it became just a lol fest on how you didn't know what a keylogger is, not much of an accusement, but intertainment since you started getting serious from all the impatience and crying I guess lawl.
Oh you knew partially of it? rofl I recall you saying you just learn something new and that was only 3days ago dont kid yourself meng.
Nice confrontation maybe try alittle harder next time.

sn0wXz
01-21-2012, 02:41 PM
You're all trash lol. Before ya'll go crazy, ya'll just looked stupid here and decided to go on to offensive since he proved all your arses wrong.

You have to assume its the users until EST makes official statement that their database/server security was breached. What was there to prove? The GMs restored his stuff they didn't say the compromised account is because of database leak or urbans lack of account management, which is already admitted to by him (not logging in 7 months, no pw change, no inv/char locks). If they do have access to passwords n IDs then subpass's are useless as I imagine they aren't even encrypted like md5 hash for pws.

Urban
01-21-2012, 10:04 PM
As if EStsoft will ever admit to such a thing regardless how true it is. Though they did make a statement admitting multiple account hacking issues during the months I got hacked. As for what else you said, I disagree as being a casual gamer has nothing to do with irresponsibility or admission of fault. No other server in history I have played have I seen so many hack cases. It is getting harder and harder to believe the database is not compromised with so many cases.

Regardless that is just my opinion each to their own. Not much point debating it now...

@Shinji: Just stop crying already, its over case closed. I am sorry I butt hurt you, now go "trolololol" somewhere where people actually care about you. No point trolling a dead/useless thread

Shinji
01-21-2012, 10:30 PM
As if EStsoft will ever admit to such a thing regardless how true it is. Though they did make a statement admitting multiple account hacking issues during the months I got hacked. As for what else you said, I disagree as being a casual gamer has nothing to do with irresponsibility or admission of fault. No other server in history I have played have I seen so many hack cases. It is getting harder and harder to believe the database is not compromised with so many cases.

Regardless that is just my opinion each to their own. Not much point debating it now...

@Shinji: Just stop crying already, its over case closed. I am sorry I butt hurt you, now go "trolololol" somewhere where people actually care about you. No point trolling a dead/useless thread
No reason for you to be mad meng it's just a forum :>

DeusExMachina0
01-21-2012, 10:41 PM
Yep, same thing happened to me.
Greetings,

We appreciate the information you’ve provided. However, due to the amount of time that has passed, we regret to inform you that we are unable to assist with your request for a restoration.

While we always attempt to assist players in need, we are unable to guarantee a full restoration. We strive to help whenever we can, however, please be aware that restorations are limited and we reserve the right to refuse reimbursement at the sole discretion of ESTsoft Inc.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Urban
01-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I feel for you Deus, I was worried the same thing would happen to me.

No reason for you to be mad meng it's just a forum :>I'm not even going to bother asking how you came to the stupid conclusion that I am "mad"

Refer to the quotes I made to Doomer in regards to me being "mad", you might learn something (Shinji.... learn....? is that possible? >.>)

doomer123
01-22-2012, 01:14 PM
I feel for you Deus, I was worried the same thing would happen to me.
I'm not even going to bother asking how you came to the stupid conclusion that I am "mad"

Refer to the quotes I made to Doomer in regards to me being "mad", you might learn something (Shinji.... learn....? is that possible? >.>)
you damn aussies and your cursing =[

Shinji
01-22-2012, 04:00 PM
He's blindly mad :>