PDA

View Full Version : Msg To GMs

Djay
01-15-2012, 07:25 AM
Hi. i found a program called leatrix latency for game lag is it safe to use ? plz reply

sn0wXz
01-15-2012, 07:39 AM
Leatrix latency program can create artificial lag between your network adapter and the server, and was used to exploit instances that were client sided in dragon nest, chances are you won't be happy if they deem it 3rd party program and ban you for using it in cabal.

Djay
01-15-2012, 08:14 AM
oh my god ... alright man thx ^^

sn0wXz
01-15-2012, 08:24 AM
Since there is unique difference between DN instance based game and Cabals open-world/dungeon style most likely you will not beable to exploit opening chests more then once ect like it was used for on dragon nest, mostly because the instances had the function of bunnies(type of chests) as client sided, so manually removing the cord for a second, or using leatrix to create artificial lag could produce an unexpected exploit where the chest is spammed and opened more then once providing a unfair advantage to the exploiter.

With Cabal you have two distinct difference, besides the instance based gametype DN is you also have the fact that cabal uses gameguard not hackshield, gameguard is alot more sensitive and uses heartbeat packets, most likely any artificial lag you create for yourself while using cabal/gameguard will result in disconnection from the server due to packet loss, which was near impossible to cause with leatrix in dragon nest. Since Leatrix allows you to limit the bandwidth for each .exe/process separately, I don't really see any appropriate use of it besides trying to "limit" other processes so they aren't lagging you. The main response to that would probably be to remove the other programs/services that are using your bandwidth instead of using a 3rd party network adapter driver to limit them, but you could always submit help desk ticket and discuss it with them there, though common sense if you were going to use it as an exploit you probably already know the GMs answer lol...