PDA

View Full Version : GM The Hacking of Accounts is Getting Out of Hand.

LaRazz
01-16-2012, 09:25 AM
This problem is getting worse and worse, we are seeing people not just one one server getting hacked but both Venus and Mercury are getting hit hard. So far 3 or 4 people in my guild have been hacked alone, and countless more people that I know. I doubt that they all have keyloggers, Im starting to wonder if there is an exploit in the website that is allowing people to get others information. This is just an idea, how true or not I do not know...However, I do know this...May people are getting hacked like crazy now, I'm really hoping that your about to put an end to this and restore everyones gear before this goes any further.

My recommendation for those who have yet to be hacked, I would have a back up of screen shots of your gear and pet gems if epic. This will just help you in-case something bad were to happen. Try and protect yourself before this happens review your sub password and your main password attempt to make a more complicated password that would more difficult to crack, and as well review your e-mail account to make sure that is secure as well.

~LafobRazz Venus Killer~

Rowe
01-16-2012, 09:29 AM
like my buddy says the GM are beating cabal like a dead horse........ and god they are beating it dead..... so they can promote Cabal2

sn0wXz
01-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Yes 10s and 20s of people hacked, the humanity of server integrity. How will us normal users ever go on?

I know! Share accounts w/ your neighbor so when you bang his gf/bf they "hack" the items, download random things, get close with guildm8s and share screenshots/movies/songs.

LaRazz
01-16-2012, 09:34 AM
like my buddy says the GM are beating cabal like a dead horse........ and god they are beating it dead..... so they can promote Cabal2

I don't think this is the case here, sorry.

They have a lot of content that is to come in the somewhat near future. I highly doubt that they would attempt to decrease the population, regardless of the fact cabal2 is coming out.

Travesh
01-16-2012, 10:26 AM
Me:http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/th_015_orz-v2.gif,http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/th_115_.gif,http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/4fd9f2d3.gif

GodEater
01-16-2012, 11:16 AM
Same thing happening in cabal eu, only last week there were over 10 account hacking cases that i know of but probably even more since our gms keep deleting all the threads about it.. and the sad part is that our gms wont retrieve any lost items. Really sad to see such a fun game go bad because of the faulty security.

Davynelord
01-16-2012, 11:49 AM
You want to avoid being hacked or minimizing the chance as much as possible?

Go study up on hacks/cracks and what it is and how it's done....then you will learn how to avoid and/or counter being hacked....some of the most simple things we do in games or on the net leave open doors for hackers to hack us...

I would list some stuff that gets you hacked but I'm fairly sure we all know what those things are....In general though, just use common sense and pay attention to who you interact with in game, in the forums and in real life....no matter how much of a friend someone may be to you in real life, sharing your account with them isn't a good idea....you might trust them but remember, no one will treat things you own as well as you would...so when you let a friend share an account, you never know, he might visit alz selling sites and has hidden that fact from you....having visited sites like this are often enough to get you hacked...so if he shares your account, he has exposed you to being hacked sooner or later.

[GM] Kato
01-16-2012, 11:49 AM
Hi guys,

We've noticed an increase with this particular issue and we're doing our best to assist in any way that we can. Please read the following thread for steps on protecting your account:

http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?27559-Protect-Your-Account-Beware-Scamming-amp-Fraud

Additionally, if your account has already been compromised, please send us a Help Desk ticket and we'll be more than happy to review your account.

Regards,
[GM] Kato

GodEater
01-16-2012, 12:44 PM

Go study up on hacks/cracks and what it is and how it's done....then you will learn how to avoid and/or counter being hacked....some of the most simple things we do in games or on the net leave open doors for hackers to hack us...

I would list some stuff that gets you hacked but I'm fairly sure we all know what those things are....In general though, just use common sense and pay attention to who you interact with in game, in the forums and in real life....no matter how much of a friend someone may be to you in real life, sharing your account with them isn't a good idea....you might trust them but remember, no one will treat things you own as well as you would...so when you let a friend share an account, you never know, he might visit alz selling sites and has hidden that fact from you....having visited sites like this are often enough to get you hacked...so if he shares your account, he has exposed you to being hacked sooner or later.

Im sorry to inform you but it is possible to get your cabal account hacked without you sharing your account or telling your password to anyone or having a keylogger... thats how i got hacked.. never told my password to anyone and i always had my id saved so keyloggers couldnt get it.. i also checked cabal ph forums and theres a mass account hacking issue too and their gms have confirmed that cabal isnt secure and could only advice players to change passwords regularly :/

PedroPenduko
01-16-2012, 12:51 PM

lol... yeah sure why not...

sn0wXz
01-16-2012, 01:19 PM
Im sorry to inform you but it is possible to get your cabal account hacked without you sharing your account or telling your password to anyone or having a keylogger... thats how i got hacked.. never told my password to anyone and i always had my id saved so keyloggers couldnt get it.. i also checked cabal ph forums and theres a mass account hacking issue too and their gms have confirmed that cabal isnt secure and could only advice players to change passwords regularly :/

You must be confused.

Hello everyone!
To those who were hacked, you are strongly advised to send a helpdesk Ticket in our customer support system.
In sending in your tickets, please ensure that you complete the details needed for the investigation of your case.
Important Details needed:
- List down all the specific items you lost/that was hacked
- Time and date when you feel you were hacked or the time you discovered you were hacked
- Complete/Exact Character Name and Server.
As indicated in the current game policy, No Compensation Rule is currently being observed; however, management still reserve the right to retain, override and apply tweaks on this policy as they deem necessary and proper for the gaming community.
We would like to inform everyone that e-Games management is on top of the current situation regarding the
investigation of these isolated cases of account hacking.
We will do our best to track down the cause of these incidents and provide the concerned individuals with updates.
Please take into consideration that hack investigations take time as we need to filter out and validate cases of
account/item hacking amidst the possible avenues for hacking such as participating in RMT, account-sharing, accessing phishing sites, compromised accounts due to malware/spyware from phishing/scam sites or usage of
unauthorized third-party programs, etc).
Again, we would like to remind the CABAL Community to further secure their game accounts by utilizing the
available security measures provided by the game as well as observing/exercising typical account security
measures (ex. Changing account passwords on a regular basis)
Thanks for your understanding and support.

http://forums.e-games.com.ph/index.php?showtopic=445406

Hello,

First of all, sorry for your previous thread being locked. :)

We do understand where you are coming from, and the value of items that you have lost. However, what we have given you is what we can provide ON THE MOMENT THAT YOU CAME. In no normal occasion will a game publisher (local or international) give you your hacker's IP address or other details (not because game publishers are protecting hackers for whatsoever reason).

On another note, I believe that it is not the hacker's details that you really are after. It's how you'd be able to recover the items which were taken away from you and how exactly have you been hacked in the first place. These questions, we honestly cannot answer at this moment. On a second look at your case, it appears that your case is similar to previous reports, all of which are under investigation (believe it or not).

A little amount of patience from you regarding this issue, we understand is very crucial, will help a lot.

Any follow-up inquiry or reaction from the thread starter (or from other concerned people) will be duly accepted via a personal message to me.

Thank you.

http://forums.e-games.com.ph/index.php?showtopic=433865&st=0&p=3628134&#entry3628134

GodEater
01-16-2012, 01:55 PM
No Compensation Rule and Disclaimer

Effective immediately, we shall no longer compensate hacked/scammed items or gold/In-game currency. A player is responsible for the security and confidentiality of his/her account password, including the various uses of the password, whether authorized or unauthorized. E-Games does not guarantee that its portal and corresponding game websites are free of any harmful software, and that the same is hack-proof. Account Security is therefore the sole responsibility of the account holder. As such, you are earnestly enjoined to take all security measures reasonably available to safeguard the operating system and accounts when accessing the Games and the websites.

E-Games reserves the right to deny any request for item return, compensation, character restoration and account reset. The company shall not be responsible in any way for loss or damage to any playerâ�‚��„�s account including but not limited to, character statistics and skills, account particulars and items lost. In no event shall the company be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages.

We advise all gamers to be vigilant in protecting their own game accounts.

http://forums.cabal.com.ph/index.php?showtopic=6

And that policy was created because they dont have resources to keep tracking and restoring all the accounts that gets hacked.

sn0wXz
01-16-2012, 02:08 PM
http://forums.cabal.com.ph/index.php?showtopic=6

So where does the ph GM say there is mass hacking issue confirmed? He just says what the tos/eula/dsa says, they are not responsible for losses and cannot guarantee anything in relation to "harmful software" or exploits in the website. How would changing your password routinely result in greater security if the database was breached by unauthorized users? Simple, it doesn't result in greater security if there was a breach on the db, its just formal response covering the liabilities claim that they don't accept liability for any losses of players data at all. That's common in any mmos tos/dsa.

I don't see him admitting to any "mass-hacking" so just change your pw everyday to avoid it, Lol. You extracted that from what was a rather generic response to the same old issue about improper account management. If anything that response reiterates that they are implying its users' fault for compromising their own accounts for the "isolated hackings". I don't think it would be deemed isolated if they knew there was un-authorized database access. Advising players to be vigilant with changing passwords would be irrelevant with database leaks.

Cathy
01-16-2012, 02:22 PM
So where does the ph GM say there is mass hacking issue confirmed? He just says what the tos/eula/dsa says, they are not responsible for losses and cannot guarantee anything in relation to "harmful software" or exploits in the website. How would changing your password routinely result in greater security if the database was breached by unauthorized users? Simple, it doesn't result in greater security if there was a breach on the db, its just formal response covering the liabilities claim that they don't accept liability for any losses of players data at all. That's common in any mmos tos/dsa.

I don't see him admitting to any "mass-hacking" so just change your pw everyday to avoid it, Lol. You extracted that from what was a rather generic response to the same old issue about improper account management. If anything that response reiterates that they are implying its users' fault for compromising their own accounts for the "isolated hackings". I don't think it would be deemed isolated if they knew there was un-authorized database access. Advising players to be vigilant with changing passwords would be irrelevant with database leaks.

They just want you to change passwords everyday to avoid account sharing. Lets face it, most people who get "hacked" just had their gear stolen by friends/guildmates who have the account info.

Athian
01-16-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes 10s and 20s of people hacked, the humanity of server integrity. How will us normal users ever go on?

I know! Share accounts w/ your neighbor so when you bang his gf/bf they "hack" the items, download random things, get close with guildm8s and share screenshots/movies/songs.

A guild member of mine noticed that one of our members logged into channel 12 on night. It was around 4 am. He asked the person why they logged onto 12 since its not our guilds home channel. No response, so he went to take a look. The character was being stripped right in front of his eyes. After the hacker was done with guild members acc. He proceeded to hack more accounts. This happened for over an hour. Was not just 1 account. It was several accounts. I advised him to SS what he saw and had them sent into help desk. Point is. This happened well over an hour's worth that the hacker logged into one account after the other, stripping them clean of any valuable item. So to these so called 10's 20's you mention. Yeah we would only be so lucky if it was so few people.

sn0wXz
01-16-2012, 07:12 PM
A guild member of mine noticed that one of our members logged into channel 12 on night. It was around 4 am. He asked the person why they logged onto 12 since its not our guilds home channel. No response, so he went to take a look. The character was being stripped right in front of his eyes. After the hacker was done with guild members acc. He proceeded to hack more accounts. This happened for over an hour. Was not just 1 account. It was several accounts. I advised him to SS what he saw and had them sent into help desk. Point is. This happened well over an hour's worth that the hacker logged into one account after the other, stripping them clean of any valuable item. So to these so called 10's 20's you mention. Yeah we would only be so lucky if it was so few people.

So the succession of logins in that one guild means its "mass hacking"? I hardly classify whats happening as en "mass", even if there was a way to login to certain accounts given specific circumstances/conditions were met, this is not "mass" hacking, but rather isolated. Anyhow the "10s or 20s" is referring to how many people I've heard ingame/forums say "I've been hacked" lol, in all reality if a person could bypass pws, subpws, inventory/gear locks (he deserves my pixels) and still login to guild accounts like a baws I would probably just drop stuff for him instead of having him waste the time logging into my account, not that theres anything worth even stealing on my wa, Lmfao.

With that said, it always would be nice to have more information about it, like if EST feels its isolated or not. In my personal opinion it looks quite isolated at the moment, now if sei gets emptied out I will officially start leaning to the "omg mass en hacler!!! HACLKER!".

Athian
01-16-2012, 07:21 PM
So the succession of logins in that one guild means its "mass hacking"? I hardly classify whats happening as en "mass", even if there was a way to login to certain accounts given specific circumstances/conditions were met, this is not "mass" hacking, but rather isolated. Anyhow the "10s or 20s" is referring to how many people I've heard ingame/forums say "I've been hacked" lol, in all reality if a person could bypass pws, subpws, inventory/gear locks (he deserves my pixels) and still login to guild accounts like a baws I would probably just drop stuff for him instead of having him waste the time logging into my account, not that theres anything worth even stealing on my wa, Lmfao.

With that said, it always would be nice to have more information about it, like if EST feels its isolated or not. In my personal opinion it looks quite isolated at the moment, now if sei gets emptied out I will officially start leaning to the "omg mass en hacler!!! HACLKER!".

I would have agreed with you until, another member had 1 account but not the other broken into. All they took was his orb and alz. Btw this was not his main account which is far better geared. If the GM's told us how the hackings are occuring, it would also inform the hackers of what is getting them caught and thus they would get better at it. Personally I do not want that. If it was a targeted attack as you say. Why have I not been hit? I am not saying I have the best gear and most of it is char bind. But everyone knows when I get something new since I always leave my view gear on. Pretty easy to see what I have of value thats worth taking. I donno maybe I am next? But I highly doubt there going for specific targets.

sn0wXz
01-16-2012, 07:28 PM
I would have agreed with you until, another member had 1 account but not the other broken into. All they took was his orb and alz. Btw this was not his main account which is far better geared. If the GM's told us how the hackings are occuring, it would also inform the hackers of what is getting them caught and thus they would get better at it.

First, GMs in all likeliness would not openly disclose any "exploit" so that others could target it, so thats understandable although you have to consider if that dmg could outweigh not telling people how to avoid said "exploit". For example if there is conditions on the account that has to be met for it to be exploited (via client sided address in cabalmain.exe) then that could explain why certain accounts are compromised and others aren't. Do I think someone has full access to the database? Nope. Do I think there is possibility of an exploit with 3rd party programs that could exploit a design flaw in the game to retrieve access into specific accounts meeting conditions? Yea, its possible.

GMs could easily patch any client sided/3rd party tool exploit pretty easy, so thats another issue as well with "identifying" the exploit or what the cause of "increased instances" of compromised accounts. The accounts might not have been "compromised" in the traditional sense at all i.e. actually using the password/subpass.

Anyway its a rather pointless subject to discuss as GMs probably have better idea of what is going on then us, benefit of the doubt I guess. That's just my opinion, not worth much on these forums. ;)

Travesh
01-16-2012, 08:03 PM

I was on the 3 am time frame of when that happened ~

And through me they cleared out meh guild inventory....

draghon
01-16-2012, 08:30 PM
about the same time when it happened to me, just a rough estimate on time when i got hacked as well. seeing how my main ended up taking items from guild bank, and the guild bank log shows time/date as proof. took everything of value, cleaned out what ever he/she can take from my acc and guild bank, and leave. i suppose u can say im still lucky since all bind items were not broken, ecoins untouched, skills not messed up,other items [i.e. pet/k-red]still intact. hopefully cabal team can figure this thing out asap. im pretty sure im not the only one who wants their items and alz back regardless of how much theyre worth. it all comes down to each person's "hard earned cash/items".

Tom Pham
01-16-2012, 08:43 PM
Snow, u can shut up, ur giving no help. U sound like a hacker ^^ just saying

sn0wXz
01-16-2012, 09:45 PM

Huh? With all that jelly you might want some toast; and the examples I gave were direct response to Athians point about the accounts being compromised but his was untouched, maybe their accounts met conditions that his did not, stay with me here bro. Short bus exit was the other way.

Who knows, maybe he'll come back tmrew posting he was "hacked", either way I'm still posting on forums for you, I may have a fetish for generic azn .gif signatures, sorry.

xXGRIMXx
01-16-2012, 10:12 PM
+1

Corvettezr1
01-16-2012, 10:14 PM
All i know is that they better get it fixed because im tired of seeing good items being sold for cheap and then being recovered, i want the legit sh.. being sold.

Tom Pham
01-16-2012, 10:27 PM
Huh? With all that jelly you might want some toast; and the examples I gave were direct response to Athians point about the accounts being compromised but his was untouched, maybe their accounts met conditions that his did not, stay with me here bro. Short bus exit was the other way.

Who knows, maybe he'll come back tmrew posting he was "hacked", either way I'm still posting on forums for you, I may have a fetish for generic azn .gif signatures, sorry.
hmm..ok..lol

sn0wXz
01-16-2012, 10:58 PM
+1

Don't be mad cuz suxey got banned bro, I admit you didn't successfully add any intellect to that thread either, so I'm not going to shun you about shorting yourself out with a simple generic "+1" instead of adding any actual response to the original topic of the thread. Same with the viet guy, posting something relevant to the thread is probably impossible to fathom, given you have to formulate your own opinion on a subject you don't know anything about, coolstory bra.

DanteX
01-16-2012, 10:59 PM
damit all x.x with all this comotion about getting hacked i change my pw and made it to long that it doesnt fit in the login screen nor on the site but on the new pw box it aloud it T_T so i can't even change it again sigh

xXGRIMXx
01-17-2012, 12:19 AM
Don't be mad cuz suxey got banned bro, I admit you didn't successfully add any intellect to that thread either, so I'm not going to shun you about shorting yourself out with a simple generic "+1" instead of adding any actual response to the original topic of the thread. Same with the viet guy, posting something relevant to the thread is probably impossible to fathom, given you have to formulate your own opinion on a subject you don't know anything about, coolstory bra.

there's this thing called shutting up... you should try it sometime.. it's quite lovely.

sn0wXz
01-17-2012, 12:23 AM
there's this thing called shutting up... you should try it sometime.. it's quite lovely.

Its for nobodies/speds who don't have anything to contribute to any thread besides "+1", "bump" or "lol". The forum is here for posting unless your banned, so might as well get used to reading my posts, and being the quiet guy with no relevance to anything.

Here I'll assist your next post, just need some random nobody to post something you can support with a generic "+1", I can't wait! The excitement is unbearable.

xXGRIMXx
01-17-2012, 12:36 AM
There's plenty of insignificant posts on forums that don't relate to the subject. So for u to point that out is just plain out lame...... There's nothing on forums that says you have to post...
a.)this
b.)that
c.)this and that

If I decide to agree with someone on forums then that's what I'll do.. If you don't like it skip over my posts Mr.Gangster, sir..

sn0wXz
01-17-2012, 01:26 AM
There's plenty of insignificant posts on forums that don't relate to the subject. So for u to point that out is just plain out lame...... There's nothing on forums that says you have to post...
a.)this
b.)that
c.)this and that

If I decide to agree with someone on forums then that's what I'll do.. If you don't like it skip over my posts Mr.Gangster, sir..

Agree with someone? You mean the pham guy who accused me of sounding like a "hacker"? Right. Sorry bro you might not want to check my signature screenshots collection then. I'm the one who said forums are open for us to post as we wish, but if your only posting insignificant posts such as "+1" to a accusation quote, then yes I will call you out on it, especially when the person's quote your +1'ing or "agreeing with" is pertaining to slandering my name implying this and that when hes clueless about this current situation and past incidents.

xXGRIMXx
01-17-2012, 02:02 AM
Agree with someone? You mean the pham guy who accused me of sounding like a "hacker"? Right. Sorry bro you might not want to check my signature screenshots collection then. I'm the one who said forums are open for us to post as we wish, but if your only posting insignificant posts such as "+1" to a accusation quote, then yes I will call you out on it, especially when the person's quote your +1'ing or "agreeing with" is pertaining to slandering my name implying this and that when hes clueless about this current situation and past incidents.
Ok.. If I think what Tom says is something that I want to agree with then that's what I'm going to do.. It's my opinion.. Just like you have your opinion about me posting "+1"... your opinion does't matter.. but still u expressed it.. Just like me saying +1 to Tom's post was an opinion, it shouldn't matter to you.. So why are you getting your panties in a bunch? @_@

Slandering your name?? Ummm... I'm sorry but you did that yourself standing in the middle of town haxing for every1 then getting caught. No matter if you like it or not, you still sounded like u was defending the fact that it's hax and got called out on it.. But Ima quote you to a previous post of mine that I THINK (as in MY OPINION) would do you some good..

These's this thing called shutting up.... well, you know the rest..

GodEater
01-17-2012, 02:17 AM
These "account hackers" are alz sellers and they mostly avoid doing mass attacks to not cause suspicion or panic, they are like parasites, they need the game to be healthy to keep their business going. I mean if these hackers were normal players like guild mates etc they wouldnt be so professional and fast in cleaning accounts.. no, these hackers work for the alz sellers and they do it regular bases because they know exactly what to take and what profits the most atm and they do it really fast.. just think it trough.. do you really think the alz sellers make billions of alz with their bots only farming mobs for entry items?

Just last week in cabal eu lots of random players got hacked and then a shop appeared in trade channel that sold crap loads of stolen jewelry and mithril amp items "really" cheap and earning 10 Billionaire title and disappeared? so you really think they all shared account info with this guy?

And heres the long account hacking thread from cabal ph forums.
http://forums.cabal.com.ph/index.php?showtopic=55

sn0wXz
01-17-2012, 02:37 AM
Ok.. If I think what Tom says is something that I want to agree with then that's what I'm going to do.. It's my opinion.. Just like you have your opinion about me posting "+1"... your opinion does't matter.. but still u expressed it.. Just like me saying +1 to Tom's post was an opinion, it shouldn't matter to you.. So why are you getting your panties in a bunch? @_@

Slandering your name?? Ummm... I'm sorry but you did that yourself standing in the middle of town haxing for every1 then getting caught. No matter if you like it or not, you still sounded like u was defending the fact that it's hax and got called out on it.. But Ima quote you to a previous post of mine that I THINK (as in MY OPINION) would do you some good..

These's this thing called shutting up.... well, you know the rest..

+1 is not an opinion, for pham to come to the conclusion that a player "sounds like a hacker" simply by stating facts and examples is not a opinion supported by facts.

4. Constructive
Be constructive, when posting something. You should quote relevant and necessary text that you relate to, or if appropriate, provide a link to the originating source. If you want to criticize ideas, back your opinion with facts or suggestions. You should not make posts or threads that are solely intended to create controversy, anger, present misinformation or contain personal issues with other members of the game or forums.

http://forum.cabal.com/announcement.php?f=7

Exactly what pham is trying to do is derive the thread off topic because he cant comprehend facts and possible scenarios as to why the "hacking" is isolated and not "mass", as we were debating in this thread before pham added his subjective "opinion" with nothing more then "you sound like this or that". Since he isn't providing any facts to back up his opinion, I'm assuming hes just jelly.

So exactly what opinion do you agree with, having your own opinion isn't conveyed properly through a simple +1 on a slander spam post like phams, which holds no relevance to the situation going on in this thread. Since pham couldn't formulate his own opinion based on perspective and understanding, he decided to q.q about me sounding like a hacker. Thats not constructive or relevant to this thread at all, nor is past events so you can keep swinging and missing all night if you wish, your just spamming up the thread with what you perceive as equal opinion to mine, however your "opinion" is lacking content, to the extent that it exists of nothing more then a +1. Great opinion there bro, don't think too hard for yourself.

You want to bring the thread further off topic? I don't really care much, GMs already responded to the thread once, they could have locked it then for all I care; Pham wouldn't have got jelly if that was the case.

These "account hackers" are alz sellers and they mostly avoid doing mass attacks to not cause suspicion or panic, they are like parasites, they need the game to be healthy to keep their business going. I mean if these hackers were normal players like guild mates etc they wouldnt be so professional and fast in cleaning accounts.. no, these hackers work for the alz sellers and they do it regular bases because they know exactly what to take and what profits the most atm and they do it really fast.. just think it trough.. do you really think the alz sellers make billions of alz with their bots only farming mobs for entry items?

Just last week in cabal eu lots of random players got hacked and then a shop appeared in trade channel that sold crap loads of stolen jewelry and mithril amp items "really" cheap and earning 10 Billionaire title and disappeared? so you really think they all shared account info with this guy?

And heres the long account hacking thread from cabal ph forums.
http://forums.cabal.com.ph/index.php?showtopic=55

Yay an actual relevant post in this thread again, cool. While your point about the EU guy getting 10 bill title is decent, it would be nice if you could provide sources for that thread on cabal EU rather then just saying "this or that happened", In that scenario no, I wouldn't think everyone shared info with one guy, but they don't have to share info for their account to be compromised in the first place. In all likeliness the events occurring are probably result in an exploit in the game design somewhere. Since there is no public talk about this anywhere through the normal channels of chatter it would be extremely private which makes the whole "cross versions of cabal mass hacking" scenario alot less likely if you knew anything about how exploits are patched once they are public.

Some guy running through all 3 versions just taking what he wants after finding an exploit to access other players accounts at will without using passwords/subpass's? Who knows but I doubt the information is being stolen from the database. All we can do is speculate until we actually get official word, which doesn't seem to be any different from the other publishers then the standard protocol response to accounts being compromised.

xXGRIMXx
01-17-2012, 02:59 AM
Me saying +1 is an opinion because it's something I THINK w/o having facts to prove it.. If you're having trouble or don't know what an opinion is.. maybe you should go get a book called Webster's.. It'll help u learn the meaning of the word.. While u're at it, you might wanna be careful at what u read.. A lot of words in there are bigger and more complex that "opinion" bro, don't want you to think too hard for yourself =D

sn0wXz
01-17-2012, 03:11 AM
Me saying +1 is an opinion because it's something I THINK w/o having facts to prove it.. If you're having trouble or don't know what an opinion is.. maybe you should go get a book called Webster's.. It'll help u learn the meaning of the word.. While u're at it, you might wanna be careful at what u read.. A lot of words in there are bigger and more complex that "opinion" bro, don't want you to think too hard for yourself =D

LOL. You have opinions that aren't supported by facts and your cool with that? I am implying my knowledge is relevant to the thread, while phams & your subjective opinions that aren't based on facts are just spam. Sure you can call anything based on unsubstantiated claims as an opinion, but you have nothing to support your opinion anyway so its obviously worth less then the average persons opinion who is actually contributing to the thread, not just posting +1 to something completely irrelevant to the topic. Opinions can still be spam if said person can't support any relevant opinion to the original topic other then trying to cause problems with accusations of sounding like this or that.

Everyone knows what an opinion is, your just not understanding the context of this forum thread's debate, and +1'ing a irrelevant post. I'ma let you finish though because there is a slight chance you might actually say something other then just "opinions" that aren't based on facts. You realize majority of opinions are based on, wait for it... wait for it... Facts! OMG, Amazing right? But wait how can opposing opinions consist of facts that are perceived differently by different people, thats impossible! I better start telling people to read a dictionary because elementary English comprehension is obviously too high in this thread.

I don't blame you that much, I mean +1'ing became a trend so you see the average trend phene jumping on the next train, anything that can shorten the amount of time you have to look at the keyboard while typing right? Why even bother with a forum debate, lets just have two original posts, each with opposing views and everyone can quote and +1 n +2, hell we'll even allow -1 n -2 just because we know typing out a relevant post with facts is too much work, and will add some bland context into what would be an already special olympics style debate.

GodEater
01-17-2012, 03:20 AM
While your point about the EU guy getting 10 bill title is decent, it would be nice if you could provide sources for that thread on cabal EU rather then just saying "this or that happened",

Well the problem is that all threads about account hacking gets deleted.. we cant discuss it on our forums because i guess our gm's dont want players to know about the possibility of them getting hacked which could result in less cash shop sales...

sn0wXz
01-17-2012, 03:32 AM
Well the problem is that all threads about account hacking gets deleted.. we cant discuss it on our forums because i guess our gm's dont want players to know about the possibility of them getting hacked which could result in less cash shop sales...

You could argue players will spend money until they are "hacked" themselves anyway, most players put enough time/money into the game they wouldn't just stop buying cash items or premium ect that they normally buy because jo shmoe or guildmate # 4 got hacked.

Do you really believe EU GMs delete the thread just to "preserve" cash shop sales, I doubt that there is any real direct correlation between the two. Lol.

Anyhow I'm off, I can't search the eu forums without an account so I'll probably make one just to skim through threads with a few searches.

xXGRIMXx
01-17-2012, 03:33 AM
LOL. You have opinions that aren't supported by facts and your cool with that? I am implying my knowledge is relevant to the thread, while phams & your subjective opinions that aren't based on facts are just spam. Sure you can call anything based on unsubstantiated claims as an opinion, but you have nothing to support your opinion anyway so its obviously worth less then the average persons opinion who is actually contributing to the thread, not just posting +1 to something completely irrelevant to the topic. Opinions can still be spam if said person can't support any relevant opinion to the original topic other then trying to cause problems with accusations of sounding like this or that.

Everyone knows what an opinion is, your just not understanding the context of this forum thread's debate, and +1'ing a irrelevant post. I'ma let you finish though because there is a slight chance you might actually say something other then just "opinions" that aren't based on facts. You realize majority of opinions are based on, wait for it... wait for it... Facts! OMG, Amazing right? But wait how can opposing opinions consist of facts that are perceived differently by different people, thats impossible! I better start telling people to read a dictionary because elementary English comprehension is obviously too high in this thread.

I don't blame you that much, I mean +1'ing became a trend so you see the average trend phene jumping on the next train, anything that can shorten the amount of time you have to look at the keyboard while typing right? Why even bother with a forum debate, lets just have two original posts, each with opposing views and everyone can quote and +1 n +2, hell we'll even allow -1 n -2 just because we know typing out a relevant post with facts is too much work, and will add some bland context into what would be an already special olympics style debate.

You should really learn to get your point across in less typing. Because the amount of typing you did to come to your point would've taken most ppl 4 sentences.. In fact, about 95% of your posts on forums is like that.. Anyway, I didn't read all of it.. maybe you said something worth reading this time but I highly doubt it, looking at your tendency to post.. But yea.. Back to the topic. Sorry for swaying away from it. I'm done replying to this nerd here.. (My opinion...... BRO) ^_^

sn0wXz
01-17-2012, 03:40 AM
Yea you can't get every kid with adhd to read more then four sentences at a time, or formulate opinions on the topic at hand without the proper doses of Ritalin. Look foward to reading more +1s of non-fact based opinions.

Sorry I was in suggestions and a few other thread sections while you were refreshing like a boss waiting for my response only to not read it, because it exceeded the maximum amount of lines of words in a finite area on your screen. WINNING.

DanteX
01-17-2012, 03:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrng4abyjZg

ShadedTear
01-17-2012, 03:52 AM
There was on another MMO I played similar incidents were occurring of people getting hacked (Myself being one of them).

The players came up with several possibilities which could be the same here.

A. Alz seller bots being occasionally manned by people looking at gear of uncostumed/open view gear, marking them down and systematically picking targets through the servers "trade channel"

B. Player(s) randomly trading to obtain a packet then decoding the packet to obtain login information (Hopefully unlikely but it was possible on other mmo as was discovered)

C. Intercepting login packets from the main site's login address to discover user names and passwords, possibly subpasses too if you do a reset or depending on server response packet information.

D. Simply found a hole into the game database and ripped the information directly. Decrypting MD5 hash+salt to get readable user data. (That's assuming EST encrypts that way)

E. Using a new exploit (similar to the exploit used to rip game server files and leading to the birth of Private servers) to obtain "garbage" data and getting lucky.

Again, these were things thought up by players of another MMO that is facing similar hacking troubles. I just thought I'd bring the suggestions here. Who knows, maybe someone upstairs didn't think of one of these and we can find our fix.

sn0wXz
01-17-2012, 04:05 AM
There was on another MMO I played similar incidents were occurring of people getting hacked (Myself being one of them).

The players came up with several possibilities which could be the same here.

A. Alz seller bots being occasionally manned by people looking at gear of uncostumed/open view gear, marking them down and systematically picking targets through the servers "trade channel"

B. Player(s) randomly trading to obtain a packet then decoding the packet to obtain login information (Hopefully unlikely but it was possible on other mmo as was discovered)

C. Intercepting login packets from the main site's login address to discover user names and passwords, possibly subpasses too if you do a reset or depending on server response packet information.

D. Simply found a hole into the game database and ripped the information directly. Decrypting MD5 hash+salt to get readable user data. (That's assuming EST encrypts that way)

E. Using a new exploit (similar to the exploit used to rip game server files and leading to the birth of Private servers) to obtain "garbage" data and getting lucky.

Again, these were things thought up by players of another MMO that is facing similar hacking troubles. I just thought I'd bring the suggestions here. Who knows, maybe someone upstairs didn't think of one of these and we can find our fix.

Is a relatively good set of possibilities; however I doubt they got md5 hash from the database. Usually there would be knowledge of a server breach even if they didn't know exactly how its occurring.

The subject of packet modification is also a remote chance, not only would they have to decrypt the information, they would need to also decrypt the packet encryption algorithm for timestamps, bytes size ect to be accepted by the server. Possible, just not plausible.

I just don't see enough people getting "hacked" to fit the latter options but I guess anythings possible.

DanteX
01-17-2012, 04:08 AM
my question is why are these people going through all this trouble just to hack people on an online game? o.o resel items or alz for usd mayb? idk D:

Urban
01-17-2012, 04:18 AM
Considering many players here (myself included) trust Cabal with our paypal details, ESTsoft's lax in database security is simply unnacceptable at the moment.

In all MMO's you will get people dumb enough to give account details to a "friend", play in a dodgy net cafe, download a dodgy 3rd party program, use unnofficial item services etc.... However this is the first MMO I have played where you can get hacked so easily without being irresponsible.

GodEater
01-17-2012, 04:44 AM
I guess the reason why they hack more accounts now is because its much easier to get good drops from dungeons than before.. not to mention dp cubes, so the prices for unique items sky rockets and the need of insane amount of alz increases.. so the alz sellers just cant make enough alz with bots and on top of that they are competing with the cabal cash shop vouchers and other items.. thats why they have to make much more compelling offers now to stay in business.

DanteX
01-17-2012, 04:49 AM
interesting way to look at it o.o and you might possibly be right, but it could also be just a guy looking to make some money.

ShadedTear
01-17-2012, 04:54 AM
There's also word that Alz sale sites are also starting to dabble in selling gear too. If they haven't found a way to dupe in-game, hacking is also how they'd get supplies of items. I'm sure for those people who actually do find their gear back on the market some of their best pieces may not have been seen because they were either quick sold or are being stashed for alz site collection.

Triplethreat
01-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Ever since people started getting "hacked" in this game from way back, I have always had the same stance....it's due to their own fault. They have either gotten keylogged by either buying alz or going to hacking websites, or shared account info. I know, I know, "I've never bought alz!!, I've never shared my account info!!" Heard it all before and quite frankly, I expect these responses. I wouldn't expect someone to admit to what happened.

How many accounts have been sold on this game? If the buyer doesn't get the email address to change the password, who is to say the original owner doesn't come back a few months later and decides he wants to play and gets back into his account and takes everything on it? This happened to a guildie. He bought an account, didn't change the password and 2 or 3 months later, the original person got on it, stripped the account and cleaned out the GWH. It happens. This was nothing but stupidity on his part, and my guess is the people getting hacked now is due to stupidity.

whitetrash
01-17-2012, 07:02 AM
I agree my tripthreat !!!!!!

GoughGhan
01-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Ditto on wat triple said

GodEater
01-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Ever since people started getting "hacked" in this game from way back, I have always had the same stance....it's due to their own fault. They have either gotten keylogged by either buying alz or going to hacking websites, or shared account info. I know, I know, "I've never bought alz!!, I've never shared my account info!!" Heard it all before and quite frankly, I expect these responses. I wouldn't expect someone to admit to what happened.

How many accounts have been sold on this game? If the buyer doesn't get the email address to change the password, who is to say the original owner doesn't come back a few months later and decides he wants to play and gets back into his account and takes everything on it? This happened to a guildie. He bought an account, didn't change the password and 2 or 3 months later, the original person got on it, stripped the account and cleaned out the GWH. It happens. This was nothing but stupidity on his part, and my guess is the people getting hacked now is due to stupidity.

Yep thats exactly how i used to think for over 4 years until now.. it was just so unbelievable and i tried to think of all the scenarios how it could have happen.. and all i came up with was a keylogger, but since cabal is the only game i play and the official game forums is the only cabal or game related website i ever visit but i had to be sure so i scanned my pc with almost every antivirus and anti keylogger software available, root scans etc but found nothing.

I also had the same password for over 4 years.. because i was confident that my account couldnt be hacked without someone knowing my password... and also when i logged in and saw that half of my items were gone i immediately went to change my password, then the next morning i login just to see someone had logged into my account again and was selling all the leftovers in ah.. how fkd up is that? im here just letting out some steam since im not allowed to post this on eu forums :(

6IX
01-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Considering many players here (myself included) trust Cabal with our paypal details, ESTsoft's lax in database security is simply unnacceptable at the moment.

In all MMO's you will get people dumb enough to give account details to a "friend", play in a dodgy net cafe, download a dodgy 3rd party program, use unnofficial item services etc.... However this is the first MMO I have played where you can get hacked so easily without being irresponsible.

So steal your game account instead of your paypal account which contains your money? That makes complete sense. You are logically retarded...

You seriously can say you have no part in getting your account hacked. I call MAJOR BS.

Travesh
01-17-2012, 11:48 AM
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9016/reassurance.jpg

Yay for reassurance.

DingDongDitch
01-17-2012, 12:30 PM
been playing for 4 years/ havent got hacked once or will ever, why? cause i dont share account infos, but seriously theres no1 out there is good enough to bypass estsoft game security, even the best hacker around can still say cabal aint worth hacking.....period

Cathy
01-17-2012, 12:32 PM
http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/9016/reassurance.jpg

Yay for reassurance.

lol o.o

GodEater
01-17-2012, 01:16 PM
been playing for 4 years/ havent got hacked once or will ever, why? cause i dont share account infos, but seriously theres no1 out there is good enough to bypass estsoft game security, even the best hacker around can still say cabal aint worth hacking.....period

Ok if thats true then tell me why is there hacks such as damage hack, speed hack, range hack etc..? makes you wonder what else can they do..

Triplethreat
01-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Ok if thats true then tell me why is there hacks such as damage hack, speed hack, range hack etc..? makes you wonder what else can they do..

I'm no computer exert, but I'm pretty sure it's completely different getting around gameguard to hack in game and hacking into the database where people's info is kept.

bardiel7777
01-17-2012, 02:56 PM

Good for you. But guess what? I can say the same thing about not sharing account info and still had my account tampered with twice before. So it's not just sharing account info. I also have a feeling some of the free ecoins download offers on this very website might have some keyloggers...

And people bypass estsoft security ALL THE TIME. Go check in UG or Fort Ruina sometime and say hello to the bots with range hack.

+1 what he said

WhatIsThisIdontEven
01-17-2012, 03:03 PM

simple, because hacks such as damage, speed or range are modifying in game code / memory files. However database of logins and PWs aren't store in game files, you wouldn't expect koreans to be able to log in our NA server after we recieved their latest game files update would you? these data are encrypted and stored inside of EST database. If hacking encrypted web databases was that easy, I don't think anyone would risk entering personal information or credit cards online now, would they? Online banking would be non-existent. People would have more things to worry about than losing some pixels.

once again, getting hacked is most likely your own fault, just like people who gotten their online credit card stolen etc..

Example Scenario that could happen without your knowledge that you are getting hacked

A. you playing Cabal on your computer but is running on your friend's network. His network could have been setup with trojan / viruses / worms by a 3rd party to steal everyone's information / keystrokes on whoever is connected to their internet. You would have no knowledge of this, because I couldn't possibly know my friend botted, or bought alz, or entering his cabal information over a 3rd party website. Your friend will most likely not admit these things either. This could also apply to school network, where massive amount of people using that network everyday.

B. Your guildie just made a impressive solo on a impressive boss or epic drop. He wanted to show you a video / picture. He gave you a link of some sort like tinyurl.com\49mdas and you saw the picture along with a trojan virus. You congratulate him but a week later you lost all your items.

C. Sharing account / Using your account on another computer / siblings?

If there was mass hacking on cabal database, I'd expect more people complaining on forum. My best bet would be G.M temporarily shutting down the whole game-server like what happened when our attacks were bugged and could even miss on "combo".

sn0wXz
01-17-2012, 03:18 PM
I also have a feeling some of the free ecoins download offers on this very website might have some keyloggers...

While ESTsoft itself takes no responsibility for the 3rd party offers for free ecoins, the sites themselves do. If you feel any of them have keyloggers feel free to report that through the appropriate channels. I've done free offers from the same free currency companies, just on a different game. I've skimmed through the cabal ones they are the exact same surveys/downloads ect. None of the offers are keyloggers.

And people bypass estsoft security ALL THE TIME. Go check in UG or Fort Ruina sometime and say hello to the bots with range hack.

Bypassing estsoft security? I'm assuming the way you worded that implying a botter is equal to someone who is stealing md5 hash and decrypting passwords from the server/database, It's just not even remotely close to the truth; but rather ignorant to the reality of both of the instances server and client sided. Client modifications always have existed in all mmos, server breach's are in general not as common simply because you don't have people who know how to decyrpt packets and encrypt them for the server to accept after completing actions ingame to trigger the packets.

Botters are in most cases not bypassing ESTsoft security, but gameguard. Which is and always has been bypassed in one way or another, its part of the reason we are on revision #1809, nprotect does a decent job at keeping updates and staying current on releases. In all reality some dude writing bypass's for gameguard in one night after release is not something that can be effectively patched every single day, all nprotect can do is stay current as much as possible which I have to say cabal_na is alot better shape now bot wise then pre-est/gameguard transfer. Ofcourse with a smaller playerbase there isn't as much demand anymore for those services so that probably has to be accounted for in the drop of botters in general.

bardiel7777
01-17-2012, 04:41 PM
While ESTsoft itself takes no responsibility for the 3rd party offers for free ecoins, the sites themselves do. If you feel any of them have keyloggers feel free to report that through the appropriate channels. I've done free offers from the same free currency companies, just on a different game. I've skimmed through the cabal ones they are the exact same surveys/downloads ect. None of the offers are keyloggers.

Oh really? You've checked every one of them? I don't think their being the same offers says anything about what's inside them. But not all of us are tech wizzies like you are Snow. Guess we'll have to trust what you say? I'm not saying all of them are, either. I'm sure most of the population is suspicious of them as well, and with good reason. After all, how much closer can you get to downloading random stuff onto your computer? Obviously if I knew any that was a keylogger I'd report it already.

Bypassing estsoft security? I'm assuming the way you worded that implying a botter is equal to someone who is stealing md5 hash and decrypting passwords from the server/database, It's just not even remotely close to the truth; but rather ignorant to the reality of both of the instances server and client sided. Client modifications always have existed in all mmos, server breach's are in general not as common simply because you don't have people who know how to decyrpt packets and encrypt them for the server to accept after completing actions ingame to trigger the packets.

By estsoft security what I meant was every security measure used by estsoft, including gameguard, and not just the firewalls protecting their own servers. I'm sorry if you misunderstood my point there. The other guy made it sound like nothing can get by EstSoft.

However, yes you raise a good point in clarifying what it would take to hack into EstSoft, and thank you for that.

sn0wXz
01-17-2012, 04:55 PM
Oh really? You've checked every one of them? I don't think their being the same offers says anything about what's inside them. But not all of us are tech wizzies like you are Snow. Guess we'll have to trust what you say? I'm not saying all of them are, either. I'm sure most of the population is suspicious of them as well, and with good reason. After all, how much closer can you get to downloading random stuff onto your computer? Obviously if I knew any that was a keylogger I'd report it already.

Majority of them yes, because super rewards and peanut labs offer the same service for other popular mmos, the one I did the majority of these two free currency surveys/downloads on was dragon nest, but they were the same ones, I even see the netflix one I did on dragon nest being offered here as well as some other misc deals/downloads which are the same exact progs that they offer on the other mmos.

Secondly even though I myself am confident there is no keyloggers in the free ecoins programs offered by the 3rd party sites, I just create system image, or do restore point before installing, do them all at once; then revert the sys image or restore to before i downloaded the programs. Also sandboxie is great for running programs that you don't trust, and keeps the infromation in a virtual drive instead of actually written to your hard disk.

I don't think the offers here are worth completing because of the small amount of cc they give per offer compared to DN. I rather just buy something from the cs if I wanted it, DN everything was cheap and limited to what you could buy anyway, so it was just storing up for the new costume coming with the next lvl cap.

By estsoft security what I meant was every security measure used by estsoft, including gameguard, and not just the firewalls protecting their own servers. I'm sorry if you misunderstood my point there. The other guy made it sound like nothing can get by EstSoft.

However, yes you raise a good point in clarifying what it would take to hack into EstSoft, and thank you for that.

Well, I personally haven't seen anything of that type yet. It doesn't rule out the fact its possible, just not plausible. Seems sporadic and isolated as opposed to the OGP alz rip we had back then, which was indeed "mass" waves.

Tom Pham
01-17-2012, 05:08 PM
lol he's still talking XD

Shinji
01-17-2012, 05:15 PM
lol he's still talking XD
who?

Tom Pham
01-17-2012, 05:16 PM
who?
He, whoever ur thinking of =P

kate28
01-17-2012, 05:34 PM
Snow does your hands cramp up from typing so much? ;D

Sryinex
01-17-2012, 06:08 PM
A lot of the lines of logic in this thread look a lot like fundie logic. "I don't understand the technicalities of it at all, but this is how it works and if you think otherwise you're retarded!"

DingDongDitch
01-17-2012, 08:37 PM
sigh u guys are jus argh!!! uneducated, comparing bypassing a gameguard/database is like comparing which one is ur left hand n right hand, gameguard can be bypass by any 3rd programs, for ex, we can input our OWN music into cabal right? for saying u can input anything into cabal as long as u have the programs, but hacking/bypassing through their "database"? im dam sure theres thousands/millions of codes jus to get inside of their database to grab ur password/user/data, GMs will be the first to know if any1 or anything hacks into their database, but its not even near or close to that, All those warning signs that spams in game 24/7 about not sharing account info< its a hint! telling you players to stop being so unwisely uneducated!

Urban
01-17-2012, 11:04 PM
^ Random people manage to hack military silo's and even NASA databases... this makes hacking Cabal NA seem rather novice

I would bet all my money that at least half the people getting hacked here are not at fault. As I said before and I will say it again, this is the first MMO I have ever played in my life that it has ever happened to me, and the first with so many hack cases. Surely you have enough logic to admit atleast one of them could be legit :confused:

I agree my tripthreat !!!!!!

Ditto on wat triple said
You 3 are quite ignorant (or lucky I suppose). I can't blame you though I thought the exact same thing.

Tripplethreat answer this one:
I didn't even trust my mother with my account details, yet alone some "friend" here. I have ever used an Alz buying website (why would I, item shop here is all I need), I have been tempted to buy other peoples accounts though never actually bothered doing it (too lazy I guess), never used or attempted to use hack/3rd party programs (I hate cheaters). Don't use internet cafe's, other peoples networks etc either. I would be the first to admit if I made a fault but.... don't really see any atm yet I still got hacked.

Well Tripplethreat do you have an answer? I don't want to pick on you or anything but with SOOOOO many hack victims claiming no fault of their own... surely at least one of us must be telling the truth. This is the first MMO in my life that has such seeming lax in its security

DingDongDitch
01-18-2012, 12:22 AM
^ Random people manage to hack military silo's and even NASA databases... this makes hacking Cabal NA seem rather novice

I would bet all my money that at least half the people getting hacked here are not at fault. As I said before and I will say it again, this is the first MMO I have ever played in my life that it has ever happened to me, and the first with so many hack cases. Surely you have enough logic to admit atleast one of them could be legit :confused:

You 3 are quite ignorant (or lucky I suppose). I can't blame you though I thought the exact same thing.

I didn't even trust my mother with my account details, yet alone some "friend" here. I have ever used an Alz buying website (why would I, item shop here is all I need), I have been tempted to buy other peoples accounts though never actually bothered doing it (too lazy I guess), never used or attempted to use hack/3rd party programs (I hate cheaters). Don't use internet cafe's, other peoples networks etc either. I would be the first to admit if I made a fault but.... don't really see any atm yet I still got hacked.

Well Tripplethreat do you have an answer? I don't want to pick on you or anything but with SOOOOO many hack victims claiming no fault of their own... surely at least one of us must be telling the truth. This is the first MMO in my life that has such seeming lax in its security

lol u guys r seriously funny, who else dares to hack cabal to gain such little profit? like c'mon this game doesn't even achieve over 10k active players? and your gna assume professional hackers to hack cabal? i dont see how its worth hacking cabal n its players data, whats the profit? i rather hack WOW than this game, btw u trust ur friends more than ur mom, there we go, now we know whos the hackerrrrr.....and u dont like cheater? hahahahah you funny!!!! kill urself if u lied that u never cheated on anything in your god dam life, school for an example? dam right

Urban
01-18-2012, 01:20 AM
lol u guys r seriously funny, who else dares to hack cabal to gain such little profit? like c'mon this game doesn't even achieve over 10k active players? and your gna assume professional hackers to hack cabal? i dont see how its worth hacking cabal n its players data, whats the profit? i rather hack WOW than this game, btw u trust ur friends more than ur mom, there we go, now we know whos the hackerrrrr.....and u dont like cheater? hahahahah you funny!!!! kill urself if u lied that u never cheated on anything in your god dam life, school for an example? dam rightUm... are you a moron?

Firstly you obviously never been to a third world country, a few USD from hacking may not seem like a lot to you, but I can garentee you it is worth it for some people in a country where the average wage is 50 aud a month. Also why would they WOW when cabal seems to have much less game security

Secondly who said I trusted my friends over my mom? Furthermore how can either hack me if neither don't even know I play this game? Please get your facts right before replying.

kate28
01-18-2012, 05:44 AM
An unstated assumption was made during your little weird 3rd world country thing... So you think global is a bad thing? :O

Triplethreat
01-18-2012, 07:15 AM

As I already stated, I don't expect people to say "Yea, I bought alz or went to a hacking website or shared my account."

So carry on.

sn0wXz
01-18-2012, 07:32 AM
NASA & DTRA were both hacked by a 16 year old, what relevance that has to cabal online? Well in urbans reality all things irrelevant are relevant to his 7 month old restoration of random gear. gl with that bra, lolol.

Jonathan Joseph James aka c0mrade, if you see this guy ingame just hide yo kids, hide yo wifee.

whitetrash
01-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Sno buddy you can't fix stupid man ......

Travesh
01-18-2012, 10:19 AM
http://image.cabal.com/img/Pimg/icon/icon_progress.gif

Yay

Urban
01-18-2012, 03:39 PM
An unstated assumption was made during your little weird 3rd world country thing... So you think global is a bad thing? :OIt isn't an assumption, I've seen it first hand since I have actually travelled (unlike some people here). And no to anyone thinking "haha so you got hacked overseas" because I don't play games overseas I actually have a life?

Global is not a bad thing, though it does mean heightened security is needed. Something I think ESTsoft has forgotten.
As I already stated, I don't expect people to say "Yea, I bought alz or went to a hacking website or shared my account."And what if they did not use an alz buying website (like me)? I get all my shiet from farming or itemshop and have been outright absurd with the safety of my account yet I still got hacked. A small glimpse of my itemshop history:

2011-06-17 02:49 Extract Potion (DEX) 10ea -89
2011-06-11 22:23 Extract Potion (DEX) 10ea -89
2011-06-10 23:49 HardnessCapsule(Lv8) -1,399
2011-06-04 07:18 HardnessCapsule(Lv8) -1,399
2011-06-03 00:14 HardnessCapsule(Lv8) -1,399

As I have said before, can't labal us all in the alz buying wagon.

TurcoX
01-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Um... are you a moron?

Firstly you obviously never been to a third world country, a few USD from hacking may not seem like a lot to you, but I can garentee you it is worth it for some people in a country where the average wage is 50 aud a month. Also why would they WOW when cabal seems to have much less game security

Secondly who said I trusted my friends over my mom? Furthermore how can either hack me if neither don't even know I play this game? Please get your facts right before replying.

loooooooooool 50 USD a month???

Its 100 usd! >_>

Urban
01-18-2012, 07:15 PM
Please.... do your research before replying.

"Average wage" by government standards is infact over 110 usd a month yes. Though if you have ever actually been to the place (or just bother googling) you might notice governments in such areas tend to be rather "generious" in their numbers. I spoke with one official he claims that they only survey tax payers (which is practically no one in regards to ratio of population).

The realistic average wage is 50 usd/aud (and I am being generious). I suppose governments want to look a little "better" infront of international eyes and skew their surveys. Even the official average wage of Australia is completely unrealistic, a billionaire walks into our country paying $1 in tax and they count him as a "worker" >.>

I3athtub
01-18-2012, 08:34 PM
lol u guys r seriously funny, who else dares to hack cabal to gain such little profit? like c'mon this game doesn't even achieve over 10k active players? and your gna assume professional hackers to hack cabal? i dont see how its worth hacking cabal n its players data, whats the profit? i rather hack WOW than this game, btw u trust ur friends more than ur mom, there we go, now we know whos the hackerrrrr.....and u dont like cheater? hahahahah you funny!!!! kill urself if u lied that u never cheated on anything in your god dam life, school for an example? dam right

+1 i respect realistic ppl on the forums.... High five !

I3athtub
01-18-2012, 08:35 PM
As I already stated, I don't expect people to say "Yea, I bought alz or went to a hacking website or shared my account."

So carry on.

+1 ... right on the spot

Urban
01-18-2012, 09:10 PM
You consider DingDongDitch realistic? Are you high

DingDongDitch
01-18-2012, 09:24 PM

i guess he chose me over you? haha ;P

Andrea
01-18-2012, 09:27 PM

nah he just seriously needs a bath lol

DingDongDitch
01-18-2012, 09:34 PM
nah he just seriously needs a bath lol

u can take a bath child, i only use the shower

Andrea
01-18-2012, 10:14 PM
u can take a bath child, i only use the shower

shower is too common...bathtub is for the rich^^

DingDongDitch
01-18-2012, 10:34 PM
shower is too common...bathtub is for the rich^^
thats how u get old n wrinkly fast=bath kekeke

I3athtub
01-19-2012, 12:32 AM
i guess he chose me over you? haha ;P

Well, because it is a known fact... that if u share info... u get scammed by a weasel u trust...

The end of the story... Many ppl do not share their accounts and they have been playing from beta until now.
No they have never been hacked... when u quit or take a break... if someone has access to ur acc or any lead... they will consider entering and stripping the char for quick alz... as they know that there will not be any notice until the person is back, thats IF they come back... thats IF they come back and DO something about it...

so if u have been hacked and u didnt share with anyone any information... then check where else that u have dropped any other information regarding urself...

Also wanna make sure that none of ur Real life friends dont steal ur info or memorize while u logging in... esp if they play cabal too... cuz u will never ever suspect them...

im not being cruel, harsh or even a D o r k...

just being realistic to the matter...

Urban
01-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Though you are not realistic enough to even consider the possibility that out of all the 1000's of hack cases in this server, at least one 1 person could be legit? Especially on this server where security seems slack at best

I mean seriously the stuff your preaching is noob shiet, every person who has ever played an MMO in their life would know that. All you need to do is bother searching and you will see some decent players claiming they have been hacked, surely not all of them are "irresponsible alz buyers" or "account sharers" or whatnot.

As for me I am a paranoid loner who only uses e-coins, and even I got hit. Though I can't be a hypocrite, I used to be like you pointing that generalized finger without any real knowledge.... Till it happened to me