PDA

View Full Version : Stop SOPA ( MUST READ)

Osmio
01-19-2012, 06:28 PM
I know most of you have heard of it but for those who havent...its called SOPA and PIPA, they are acts that the US congerss is trying to pass so that they can take away our liberty on the internet. They mask it by calling it the "stop online piracy act" and "protect IP act" but it is really just so they can take down sites where we can do things like play games, post (forums for ex), and most importantly download shared files from other people.

Megaupload.com has already been taken down by the congress..but no worries, if you've ever heard of Anonymous they are striking back. Anonymous is 100% with us and against the congress, and they literally DDOS'ed fbi.com (overloaded the website with hits to the port, flooding the path and making it shut down) and fbi.gov. Obviously, fbi.gov is partially back up but only with very basic layouts on their site.

They can't stop all of us. Many large sites like wikipedia, google, etc are AGAINST this. Sign the petition to stop it at google.com/takeaction.

the owners of megaupload have been arrested, and this act hasn't even passed! its bs, don't let the US congress do this to us. megaupload.bz is the new megaupload.com (they have relocated there)

Yesturday there were approx 85 congressmen for this act and 31 against it, but by today so many people have helped sway this to 65 congressmen for and over 120 against it.

STOP SOPA. Follow Anonymous on twitter, they are always updating with info.

PS: other sites have been taken down by congress, but anonymous has also attacked back at the congress with ddos' of their own.

peace guys.

DragonWi
01-19-2012, 06:34 PM
Yes, screw sopa, save our free p0rn

elvie
01-19-2012, 06:49 PM
bring back da megap0rn!!!

Ludacris
01-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Fawk ima have to walk into adult stores to do my p0rn bitnezz nao, fawk. ima download as many videos as i can! Oh noes!!!!

DragonWi
01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Fawk ima have to walk into adult stores to do my p0rn bitnezz nao, fawk. ima download as many videos as i can! Oh noes!!!!
yup time to start downloading every possible p0rn video and stash it away for later

Rowe
01-20-2012, 02:38 PM
its ok Today congress dropped both SOPA and PIPA bills. For now we are safe.

DanteX
01-20-2012, 02:46 PM
lol i was going to say that haha they didn't approve it

Rowe
01-20-2012, 02:54 PM
i tried to make a thread about his on Jan 18th.... GM moved it XD