PDA

View Full Version : Gm pls do something about the hacking issue

draghon
01-21-2012, 09:26 AM
im still waiting for my ticket to be looked into, and now my wife nearly got stripped off her items. alz gone and most of the items and gears in her inventory. worst part about this, it never even showed of her logging in and out or switching channels. and yet the hacker manages to steal so much already from inventory and warehouse. shes fortunate in a sense since she didnt loose everything. well i guess when she relogged, i suppose it cancelled out whatever was happening to her account.

at first i thought not putting up shop in ch5 would b safer now, since thats how i got hacked, left shop open the next day im all out.
now spinnin in prem/non-pk chan seems to b no good as well anymore.

btw, she has lock on bank and inventory. just thought id say that for ive seen ppl saying putting a lock would make it secure.

she has sent in a ticket, but only god knows how long this would take for her stuffs to b returned, for ive been on the waiting wagaon for my stuffs for quite some time now.

GM pls do something about the issue before u get bombarded even more with tickets of "hacked accounts"

whitetrash
01-21-2012, 09:51 AM
My brain hurts .....

Rowe
01-21-2012, 09:57 AM
sry to hear about your account. lots of people dealing with this issue.

draghon
01-21-2012, 10:26 AM
very true more and more ppl are getting hacked. the thing that gets to me is, how are the issues getting handled, if anything is even happening. there has not been a word from cabal team stating that they are even working on the hacking issue<forgive me if there has been and i just missed it>. they had m/a on wednesday and before that, ppl already had new threads of gettin hacked, and they did not address anything about the issue. if they are trying to figure out how its getting done, getting a fix, at least maybe some ppl would feel more at ease even if their tickets dont get resolved asap. least everyone gets a sign that work is getting done.

Rowe
01-21-2012, 10:56 AM
i know for a fact they are helping people. friend of mine just got back his gear after being hacked.

they just need to be more Proactive instead of Reactive

sn0wXz
01-21-2012, 10:59 AM
No official word on if the server/database was breached, but from the looks of the random people getting stripped; I would say either someone is accessing the database or there is some kind of other exploit that is allowing the stripping of gear.

I don't think its "mass hacking" but if this continues consistently you'll have a hard-pressed time convincing everyone its isolated incidents. One interesting thing is a few of the people who got "stripped/hacked" didn't even have anything worth taking...lol.

Travesh
01-21-2012, 11:26 AM
Just send in a ticket of everything you had, any possible screenshots, the time it was done and you should get most of it back. I did, and I couldn't be more thankful. After everything is fixed up, lock up your account. I honestly didn't know you can have more than 4 characters when setting up your character sub pass, inventory sub pass, and warehouse sub pass. Now its extraaaaaa long http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/088.gif

draghon
01-21-2012, 11:36 AM
great to hear at least one gets their items restored. just wondering, how long did u wait for your ticket. and as for locking, she actually did start locking soon as she saw my account get hacked, but she still lost items, both from inventory and bank. so does locking work, from what i saw, it doesnt.

bardiel7777
01-21-2012, 12:19 PM
No official word on if the server/database was breached, but from the looks of the random people getting stripped; I would say either someone is accessing the database or there is some kind of other exploit that is allowing the stripping of gear.

I don't think its "mass hacking" but if this continues consistently you'll have a hard-pressed time convincing everyone its isolated incidents. One interesting thing is a few of the people who got "stripped/hacked" didn't even have anything worth taking...lol.

So does this mean you agree someone might have bypassed Estsoft's firewall then?

Urban
01-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Yeah same thing happened to me, someone/s have managed to bypass ESTsoft's security. No idea if it is the database itself or just a mere bug being abused, but either way this needs to be fixed asap.

Inventory/warehouse passes won't do crap all if this is the case.... even with 1000 sub-passes it seems they will still be able to breach it. Why they target only the noob-mid teirs is beyond me.

Travesh
01-21-2012, 12:58 PM
great to hear at least one gets their items restored. just wondering, how long did u wait for your ticket. and as for locking, she actually did start locking soon as she saw my account get hacked, but she still lost items, both from inventory and bank. so does locking work, from what i saw, it doesnt.
Lets see, I got hacked on the 16th, and sent in a ticket an hour after finding out what exactly was missing, searching for any "good" screenshots proving what I said, and actually typing out the blasted letter xD.
But it was answered today, the 21st as soon as I woke up. (About a 4-5 day waiting period)

After all:
After a thorough and extensive investigation of the account theft issue you have reported, we were able to retrieve and restore the items, alz and/or characters.

I didn't mind the wait so long as my account was fixed up as how it was....though how I got hacked still really retarded (Because I don't know how anyone could've gotten my info in the first place)...

TWKY
01-21-2012, 01:09 PM
bleh iv been hacked -.-,

BackYourTruckUp
01-22-2012, 08:38 PM
bleh iv been hacked -.-,
welcome to the club fun times right hopefully they get things resloved fairly fast

draghon
01-22-2012, 09:14 PM
Why they target only the noob-mid teirs is beyond me.

they target everyone they please. im 170 and lost a few bil worth of items/alz. the only thing left untouched was binding items, and surprisingly, ecoins werent touched as well. if they were to have touched the ecoins, they could have easily walked away with at least 1 voucher. so imo, its kinda like that movie 'gone in 60sec". they go in, get what they can get easily and get out. passes / locks dont seem to work as i mentioned before. on top of that, when they do go into ur account, it wont even show to other ppl that u even relogged or changed ch. only time the log in/out msg would show up is when the real owner finds out they get dc'd and try to log in. i know this coz thats what i checked first thing when my gf found out she got hacked as well, check to see if she ended up relogging or not.

Emyrus
01-23-2012, 08:06 PM
I've been hacked, and the jerk used my account to hack others. So currently I am perma banned. I have put in a few tickets trying to get help on the issue. But they don't seem very interested :( I hope thye help, my account seems locked on a "Ticket in Progress" status. No idea why it has been like that for 7 hours or so.

draghon
01-23-2012, 08:11 PM
ticket in progress simply means theyre on the process or already looking into it. 7 hours is not really that long of a waiting time. my ticket has been "in progress" since the 16th. just b patient since they have alot of hacked account issues to look into ontop of other tickets. i have seen/heard some ppl already have their items restored so it shows that progress is there. just hang in there, ive had my 'impatient' moments already so i know how it is.

Emyrus
01-23-2012, 08:26 PM
I have no idea if my items were stolen. My account itself was hacked, then used to hack someone else's account.

kscott4045
01-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Just send in a ticket of everything you had, any possible screenshots, the time it was done and you should get most of it back. I did, and I couldn't be more thankful. After everything is fixed up, lock up your account. I honestly didn't know you can have more than 4 characters when setting up your character sub pass, inventory sub pass, and warehouse sub pass. Now its extraaaaaa long http://www.cute-factor.com/images/smilies/onion/088.gif

I'm new to the game. How does one lock their inventory and storage?

Swifti
01-25-2012, 07:52 PM
before you all rage and QQ at me. i reckon its the GM's. it sounds stupid but listen. what are they even doing to help, they havent even told anyone there working on it or anything. they have nothing to do. and they end up returning the items that have been taken im aware of. (could be wrong) but unless they are working. they dont get paid, thats probably the reason for all these stupid mini events aswell. there making work for themselves. that might be another reason they dont respond to the tickets ( dontt hate mee GM's :] )

Lann
01-25-2012, 08:32 PM
i agree on the possibilities but i really doubt the g.ms would do that...they will lose money keeping the game on and having players quit one by one.
if they wanted to end the game they could just shut down the servers

events are stupid because they have seen what happens to KR/EU server when u give out good events(everyone is end game and there is nothing to do cuz everyone has full +15 gears ect)

DingDongDitch
01-25-2012, 11:07 PM
guys i got hack, cause i hack my own gears n sold it n now i tried to gain profit by sending in tickets ;P