PDA

View Full Version : (TCP/IP Ping Command)

antwain
01-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Hey guys!.. Every time i open Cabal to play i get these messages that say "TCP/IP Ping Command". I personally do not know how to fix this problem and i am asking for some help, Thanks :)

-Antwain (YOLO)

sn0wXz
01-24-2012, 06:56 PM
The TCP/IP Ping Command is the windows service that stops responding when you play cabal? I would personally run check disk or sfc /scannow to check for corrupt files. Are you by chance talking about ping.exe? You should attach a screenshot please! :D

antwain
01-24-2012, 07:11 PM
3961 just now, hold up... waiting for the error msg to pop up again. Well i am talking about the Ping.exe file.. i have tried re-paring it and it doesnt work.. i ran a lot of different virus scans..and nothing seems to work. The error is not popping up right now...so i guess i gotta wait.

sn0wXz
01-24-2012, 07:36 PM
The ping.exe is most likely malware, because unless your running a ping to another server that should not even be open.. Surely not just for playing games. Does ping.exe run all the time for you in the task manager (ctrl alt delete) ? If so I'd recommend getting a scan of your computer for malware. Ping.exe is a valid windows file, but its probably being used by some malicious program thats hi-jacked ping.exe.

There is plenty of free ones available that are decent,Malwarebytes (http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free) is a decent one, I believe Microsoft (http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/malware-removal.aspx) has one too, but I don't think the error your getting is related to cabal...

Also you could check the ping.exe with Security task manager (http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/index.html?ref=file.net)

antwain
01-24-2012, 07:40 PM
The only time i receive this msg is when i sign on cabal... maybe duo to some corrupted files. Ping.exe does not run in my Task manager. okay i have downloaded the Malwarebytes that u gave me. i be on tomorrow!

sn0wXz
01-24-2012, 07:42 PM
hmm, I dont understand why it would have to open ping.exe for cabal....Lol....I would still recommend scanning your computer or atleast the ping file itsself with some kinda anti-malware program...There is also a way to repair the tcp/ip stack if your on XP, see here (http://www.ehow.com/how_2113298_corrupt-tcpip-stack-windows-xp.html)

antwain
01-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Okay.. so i have tried to reset it, the link you gave me.. and this message pops up..3963
Not really sure you can see it properly but it says "The procedure entry point MigrateWinsockConfiguration could not be located in the dynamic link library MSWSOCK.dll.

sn0wXz
01-25-2012, 04:07 PM
Okay.. so i have tried to reset it, the link you gave me.. and this message pops up..3963
Not really sure you can see it properly but it says "The procedure entry point MigrateWinsockConfiguration could not be located in the dynamic link library MSWSOXK.dll.

Can I ask you a quick question, have you noticed any re-directs from search engine pages, like you attempt to use google and it re-directs to some random website? Anything like this when your browsing? Most of the threads i find after googling "The procedure entry point MigrateWinsockConfiguration could not be located" are about malware and infected computers...

Want to see the results for the google search, the top 4-5 threads are about people who were having concerns about ping.exe and the procedure entry point problem...every thread is about malware infecting the file.

Google Search: The procedure entry point MigrateWinsockConfiguration could not be located (https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=The+procedure+entry+point+MigrateWinsockConfigur ation+could+not+be+located+&pbx=1&oq=The+procedure+entry+point+MigrateWinsockConfigu ration+could+not+be+located+&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=e&gs_upl=4364l4619l1l4838l2l2l0l0l0l0l117l232l0.2l2l 0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=14b8fb40c095717c&biw=1280&bih=812)

edit: I hope your able to view the search link fine, without any problems from the other peoples experience of re-directs on your browser, the first 4-5 threads are the ones I was reading on the random tech support forums.

antwain
01-25-2012, 04:48 PM
I can view them, the only time it redirects is when i type something in google, and i click on a link and it will take me to like Yellow pages r something that is not relevant. Now i have noticed that random video's r something pops up...someone is talking..and i did not open up that program.. and idk how to stop it. i also hear clicking noises in the back...i hate this computer!@: Now i am having Pop Ups..

sn0wXz
01-25-2012, 10:49 PM
I can view them, the only time it redirects is when i type something in google, and i click on a link and it will take me to like Yellow pages r something that is not relevant. Now i have noticed that random video's r something pops up...someone is talking..and i did not open up that program.. and idk how to stop it. i also hear clicking noises in the back...i hate this computer!@: Now i am having Pop Ups..

Yeah I would see if you can create a thread on one of those forums, or just dl malwarebytes or something to scan for infected files...Next time you hear that sound try closing explorer.exe or ping.exe and see if it stops.

antwain
01-26-2012, 01:21 PM
i have done that now, now i am going to go on Cabal and see if the message and stuff still pops up..personally i just dont want to wipe of this computer!!

sn0wXz
01-26-2012, 01:35 PM
hmm try TDSS Killer (http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363) and SuperAntiSpyware (http://superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html). Between those 2 you should have no problem removing the malware, just create restore point before you use them, that way you can always just get back to where you are now.

antwain
01-26-2012, 04:27 PM
...thnx for the help.. i just restored it -.-

sn0wXz
01-26-2012, 04:33 PM
mmk, the ping.exe isn't open anymore then? no more tcp/ip message?

antwain
01-26-2012, 04:42 PM
....it just started again..honestly im about to burn this computer. video's r playing in the background..and i cant even see it.. in the Tab.. and clicking sounds and ping.

sn0wXz
01-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Lol, what did you do? Restore to earlier point or?? I would either a) use anti-malware/rootkit scan and clean whatever infected files, or b) format the drive and reinstall windows.

antwain
01-27-2012, 02:36 PM
lol yeah i restored it to an earlier point.. help me with option B. idk how to do that, and will i lose all my files?

Zion
01-27-2012, 02:39 PM
too much movies......

sn0wXz
01-27-2012, 03:05 PM
lol yeah i restored it to an earlier point.. help me with option B. idk how to do that, and will i lose all my files?

With a format you do loose the files/programs installed, as you just use your windows disc to install fresh copy of windows; however there is plenty of solutions to that, for example if you have a big enough hard drive, use it like I did, I have 500gb one that I partitioned into 2 separate drives, You can view your h/d space using diskmgmt.msc command, or just right click computer and goto manage, then click disk management. Your using XP so it won't look exactly like my window, but for example with the 500gb drive I have hooked up, i just partitioned 40gb of the 500gb for a separate drive, then dragged whatever files n stuff i needed to the G: drive from the main boot C: drive...

Example of 500gb hard drive with main boot [C:]425gb and then the new volume [G:]40gb:
http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/7853/diskmanagement.png

Im assuming you could do similar if you have files n such you don't want to loose from a format, just make sure you have some free space on your c:, then open the disk management and right click C: and click "shrink volume" then enter the amount you would want to shrink the disk by, that will create a black bar with the amount you freed and be listed under "unallocated space", just right click that and goto "new simple volume" and use that wizard to create a new logical drive that will then show up on your computer when you goto the drive, it should be around G, depending on how many drives you have, such as hard disks, cd drives, dvd drives ect... Don't erase anything just shrink main volume and that won't hurt anything, and you can always expand it back into that original drive without bothering any of the data.

Keep in mind a format using windows disc will erase all programs ect, thats why I was explaining how to make a separate logical drive in your hard drive, so you can move whatever files/games/programs you downloaded but don't want to re-download again...Honestly I would think running malwarebytes and the other anti-malware/rootkit programs would be a bit easier and quicker then creating a new drive n using windows disc to re-install after dragging all teh files ect you wanted to keep...

antwain
01-27-2012, 05:38 PM
lol yeah i will try the 2nd idea.. When i use TDss killer do i extract all file or just run.. the first time i ran it.

sn0wXz
01-27-2012, 07:06 PM
lol yeah i will try the 2nd idea.. When i use TDss killer do i extract all file or just run.. the first time i ran it.

You have to extract the .zip file then run TDSSkiller.exe from that folder that you extracted... Then push scan and it should show you results after...

Directions are on the website http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208280684

"Disinfection of an infected system

Download the file TDSSKiller.zip and extract it (use archiver, for example, WInZip) into a folder on the infected (or potentially infected) PC.
Execute the file TDSSKiller.exe.
Wait for the scan and disinfection process to be over. It is necessary to reboot the PC after the disinfection is over."

Btw you tried malwarebytes scan? They should be pretty straight foward with how it works.. I would assume the malwarebytes stuff would work just as well if not better then the tdsskiller, but you can try and see the results on both if you wish.

I'm pretty sure between malwarebytes and tdsskiller you should beable to clean the infected file given this problem is relatively common for people with malware with relation to the ping command/exe running. Personally I keep the split drive for just extra files n such incase I do format my main C: windows, I have all the stuff I need so I don't have to re-download the basics like drivers, games, music ect ect..

Other then that theres not much to loose with formatting windows, ofc you'll have to re-install games n such but if you still have most setup files in your downloads folder you can just move those right over to your newlly created logical drive just by dragging and dropping into the drive once its created, it will show right under the my computer explorer window.

Also with further settings which I won't go into here, you can install 2 copies of windows on the same drive, given you made each partition big enough for the windows installtion, so I have back-up windows installed on alternate drive all I have to do is set that to the primary/active drive with disk management and enter a command in the cmd prompt and it will auto boot that drive first instead of C:, its useful for keeping backups of files..

antwain
01-28-2012, 01:20 PM
I Think It worked o.o it doesnt pop up anymore, i used TDSSKiller and i used the Anti-malwarebytes i did a full scan for the mawlware this time.. i think that was what did it. Now on cabal though, it says "Cabal has encountered a problem and needs to close.. inform EST Soft about this"-_- as one problem is fixed another starts.

sn0wXz
01-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Hmm, interesting. I would try a re-install at last resort for cabal, but one thing; Do you still have the malware and tdsskiller installed? Maybe its blocking cabal from running as anti-malware and anti-rootkit don't like game engines or gamegaurd/anti-cheats. I would uninstall the programs first, then try using cabal after restart. If problem persists do a fresh install and if needed we can do teamview n see if we can fix the problem, check eventviewer.exe or eventvwr.exe, then goto Windows Logs -> then Application Logs and see if there is any errors that are from the same time-frame cabal crashes. Sometimes it gives module name that its conflicting with which in some instances can be easily identified.

antwain
01-28-2012, 01:28 PM
TEAMVIEWER! i was going to tell you, but i forgot lol.. cool program. i still have them installed, imma uninstall now, and i use GameBooster to make my computer run a little faster when i play cabal. well this thing started working, thnx !