PDA

View Full Version : Dummy Disconnects

Davynelord
02-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Ok, been playing cabal since march 08 never had any real unfixable technical issues...but lately (last 2 weeks) I cannot skill on dummies whether I'm afk or actually pressing buttons to attack the dummies. After about 2 minutes, the game disconnects everytime....no error message or anything just DC's me to log in screen. Since I have no other disconnect issues aside from the usual stuff like the error code 6 during NW fights (happens once in a blue moon), I figured it might be corrupt files or something. So I uninstalled cabal, cleaned my drives of all data (nothing from cabal remained, not even screenshots), cleaned registry, defrag HD...then I redownloaded game client and reinstalled...this took me 2 days to do since I cleaned up my whole PC, inlcuding opening it and cleaning the hardware and such.

So game runs much much faster and smoother now but still can't skill on dummies without disconnecting after couple minutes...since I only disconnect when skilling on dummies, I'm clueless as to what could be the problem....so anyone had this issue or know of any solutions to solve it....

Oh and one other thing, I have level booster for about two weeks now (first time I've had it)...so maybe that has something to do with it...since I never had this problem before then..

Davynelord
02-19-2012, 01:55 AM
Well I still get the disconnects but I've noticed something...it only happens with my 109 WI...I thought it might be level booster messing up my account or something...nope, my other 5 characters on this account can afk on dummies all day no problem...but the WI can't...she disconnects every few minutes no matter what I do.

I even tried my other two accounts and none of the characters on those accounts disconnect when on dummies either....so I've narrowed it down to just 1 character having disconnect problems on dummies, my Wizard....

So Hmm, what is it about my Wi that is cause disconnects while on dummies? Could it be a bugged item in inventory or a bugged skill?...maybe it's a flaw in the character or something...IDK what the problem is...so guess I'll end up level 130 before I get dual trans...well unless I just leave her along until level booster expires...then maybe I can have dual trans before 120...shrug!!!

sn0wXz
02-19-2012, 09:43 PM
Good troubleshooting but, you may want to open help desk ticket to get a quicker response from GM, and it may be something just related to that one character as you have pointed out other characters don't have this problem. If it was connection related it would happen on all characters.

http://www.cabal.com/Support/HelpDesk