PDA

View Full Version : Weapon Choice

Blager2
02-29-2012, 06:36 PM
I quit for awhile and I'm struggling to understand prices of weapons nowadays...

It seems like amp has fallen to wayside to crit dmg.

With more people using higher grade armor and higher level weapons, attack and defense have both increased. Also, it has gotten easier to get more crit dmg, especially as cheap as 20% forc weapons are getting.

The point being, stalking AH, I'm surprised to find that 36% redosm/sig weapons or 16/slot are much more expensive than 7amp/20 cd or 7/slot. 7amp has been considered for a long time = 2~2.2% cd so 7amp = 14-15.4% cd. With attack, defense, and crit dmg all being higher, it seems like amp would actually be even more useful since amp is more useful when you have higher atk/face higher def and crit dmg is less effective when you already have a lot of cd.

Any explanations? Am I missing something? Seems like one could easily build a competitive, cheap character by "settling" for amp equivalents.

Berserk_Fury
02-29-2012, 07:27 PM
I think the easiest answer would be that people don't think.

SemiAutoMatic
02-29-2012, 09:34 PM
Depends on class. I trust from my calculations that for wizard it's better to have damage, that's how wiz solo bosses so early with crap tit grade weapons. For instance look at blader, most bladers wont be abil to solo a penna at lvl 140 with 40% +9 tit blades.

Dearka
03-01-2012, 06:27 AM
Depends on class. i agree it does depend on the class for example Fs are pretty good with an amp build, thanks to crushing blade they will already have good dmg without 2 much effort having the amp makes u for there somewhat low atk for when they don't crit.