PDA

View Full Version : Everytime someone logs out from Guild/buddy list LAG SPIKE!

Xyle
05-12-2010, 03:39 PM
If anyone else there is having this problem, post here and help the community of Cabal in what to do to fix this prob if there is a prob.
If not, could it be something ESTsoft have to work on fixing on their end?

UNKfuorumus3r
05-12-2010, 04:58 PM
me too think I need more ram.

carowe27
05-12-2010, 05:06 PM
8g FTW

[GM] Jamie
05-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Please let me know the exact situation how guild/buddy list doesn't work.
Send us a ticke via Help Desk please.

Sorry for the inconvenience

EzSeleneEz
05-12-2010, 06:54 PM
i have a few guildies having this exact same problem, one of them i have to constantly keep re-adding to guild because hes forced to leave any time we hunt or anything. he makes me kick him if some1 starts hunting during nw. i dunno why it happens but maybe an option to turn off login/logout messages of all kinds would help, not sure just a thought.

Nanjirou
05-12-2010, 07:45 PM
Heard about this~ Basically anytime someone logs in our out of guild it causes lag somehow~

Help desk is not so great btw...

forcewiz
05-12-2010, 08:04 PM
I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ IM HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAN'T EVEN GET INTO WAR TO PAWN THOSE DAM CAPS!!!!!!!!

[GM] Jamie
05-12-2010, 08:12 PM
We need exact guild names to investigate the issue.
Please kindly leave us a ticket with specific information.
It will be a big help to handle in the problem. thx :)

Brolic
05-12-2010, 08:19 PM
im having this problem as well. its a pain in war/ca when ppl are hunting, fml. lag also happens when u open guild.

do any of you people having this problem by any chance have McAfee? .. just curious.

carowe27
05-12-2010, 08:23 PM
ok so 3 guilds already have reported this in the thread. Defiance, Epidemic, Tang Dynasty

Eriks419
05-12-2010, 08:26 PM
get a better computer, kthxbye

Brolic
05-12-2010, 08:26 PM
idk, i personally think it's mcafee...ever since this recent update it had. changed to a diff skin and shizz, something in that update might be the problem. but idk for sure.

Shinn
05-12-2010, 08:35 PM
A few in my guild have have this problem whenever I Derk hunt but its the people with lower end computers BUT it didnt happen to them before so im not sure what has caused it lol

Liquidoutlaw
05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
I have a few windows tweak fixes that can help with the lag ill post it when im done writing it is going to be a HUGE post bu it will have step by step instructions on what you can do :)

Brolic
05-12-2010, 08:39 PM
this I love you blows yo.

O__O suc.k is filtered? what the shizz?

imaNinja
05-12-2010, 08:41 PM
this I love you blows yo.

O__O suc.k is filtered? what the shizz?

Makes you wonder what people said huh?

Brolic
05-13-2010, 05:28 AM
bump..yo gms fix this shizz pl0x

Xyle
05-13-2010, 05:40 AM
get a better computer, kthxbye
aaa quit being a trolllllll
-Btw i sent in a helpdesk explaining what happens.-
@[GMJamie]

RebornSAZUZAKI
05-13-2010, 09:14 AM
try this if ur vista/Windows 7. open task manager, click processes tab, right click GameMon.des (this is the gameguard) and set priorty to low. next right click cabalmain and set priority to above normal

Note:

this will slow down the other application running at the same time as cabal. if u wanna do something else (i.e. browse the web) u should be on windown mode on cabal and minimize the window. doing this will make the other application run normally. and if u set the priority to "high" this will slow down not just the other app's but the windows explorer itself (OS) so dun set it on "high" nor "real time"

and @ GM Jamie, this isnt problem from the game. its proble on the rigs (computers) they have. they prolly got low RAM memory. this happened to me when i tried using dual OS on my older lappy. everytime i try to open/close guild/buddy window it lags. and everytime someone logs in/out it lags. but when i close my alternate OS on that lappy. the main OS's cabal runs fine. and that lag is gone. its a problem of ur computer's RAM memory. not the game.

Brolic
05-13-2010, 12:15 PM
try this if ur vista/Windows 7. open task manager, click processes tab, right click GameMon.des (this is the gameguard) and set priorty to low. next right click cabalmain and set priority to above normal

Note:

this will slow down the other application running at the same time as cabal. if u wanna do something else (i.e. browse the web) u should be on windown mode on cabal and minimize the window. doing this will make the other application run normally. and if u set the priority to "high" this will slow down not just the other app's but the windows explorer itself (OS) so dun set it on "high" nor "real time"

and @ GM Jamie, this isnt problem from the game. its proble on the rigs (computers) they have. they prolly got low RAM memory. this happened to me when i tried using dual OS on my older lappy. everytime i try to open/close guild/buddy window it lags. and everytime someone logs in/out it lags. but when i close my alternate OS on that lappy. the main OS's cabal runs fine. and that lag is gone. its a problem of ur computer's RAM memory. not the game.

if its the computer, then explain how this has never happened in all my time ive played cabal until the past week or so?zzzzzzzzzzz t.t

RebornSAZUZAKI
05-13-2010, 12:48 PM
well it never happened to me. as i stated it only happened to me when i tried using dual OS on my old lappy. (dual OS means double my RAM consumption) and ran cabal on each, and i get that lag only when im on dual OS. but once i take it off my Main OS dun lag on cabal anymore when someone is logging in/out. and u said this past week? then u cant blame gameguard w/ that as well since you prolly have no problem when the server transfer kicked in. try defraging ur HD. that might work as well since it might just have too much fragmented file on the cabal folder thats why its making it laggy when someone logs in/out since the loading time is slower than usual. if those dun work then the heck. buy a new PC lol. for those who has been dealing w/ this problem ever since OGP times then try the method i mentioned above. if it doesnt help then its time to buy a decent PC =P

well if it is gameguard. maybe they had somethin on the updated version that eats up ram? lol. gameguard doesnt eat much ram memory altho i still set the priority on em' to low just to help a bit on my lappy since i run some application while on cabal as well (i.e. PS/Sony Vegas/browser)

Xyle
05-13-2010, 12:50 PM

Note:

was worth the try, but no, it didn't work.
And its not the computer, i never ever lagged in Cabal, it all started after the transfer.
i have people that can back this info. up, and unless the G.M's try it on their end too, there isn't really a way to perform any other tests.
although some people with 8gb RAM on their computers are saying they have no problems, does this mean the recommended status for a computer to run cabal is now at least 6gb??? if so, I'm sure people are going to start getting ticket off at this and start looking for another game..
But the G.M's are doing a great job so far and i know they will have a solution to this.

Alleluia
05-13-2010, 01:53 PM
I've been having the same problem as well and it is definitely not a computer problem. I've used this laptop since I've started playing the game a few months back and this has never happened until recently. The only change is that I moved out of my college dorm and back home for the summer. I'm in the guild Epidemic, if that even matters.

Brolic
05-13-2010, 03:52 PM
bumpz..keep this thread on top, need them gms to check this shizz out mengz.

GoughGhan
05-13-2010, 04:07 PM
I've never seen this issue, nor has anyone in my guild complained on this. I'll ask again though.

Brolic
05-13-2010, 07:50 PM
D:<

RebornSAZUZAKI
05-14-2010, 01:45 AM
i got 4GB of ram on this 2year old lappy of mine. and it doesnt happen to me even if i use dual OS. the older lappy does though.

Melly
05-14-2010, 03:11 AM
i put more ram in and it fixed the problem

Xyle
05-14-2010, 08:11 PM
i put more ram in and it fixed the problem

how much ram did you have? 512? lol

beowolf101
05-15-2010, 12:32 PM
how much ram did you have? 512? lol

hey i got 512 ram >.<

Brolic
05-15-2010, 01:34 PM
im guessing i need more than 3 gigs of ram huh? >_>

Xyle
05-15-2010, 04:45 PM
im guessing i need more than 3 gigs of ram huh? >_>

no, i have 4 and its doing the same thing... its def not on our end then...

carowe27
05-15-2010, 04:46 PM
could be your internet. . .

Xyle
05-18-2010, 03:36 AM
no, because like i said, i never had this problem before.. its been happening after transfers..

Darkstar135
05-18-2010, 11:48 AM
no, because like i said, i never had this problem before.. its been happening after transfers..

I never had this problem either before, BUT it did start after i downloaded the latest Mcafee version to my computer. I already know its the antivirus I just installed. I just don't know how to fix it. I'm NOT uninstalling for the second time either just to be able to play a game that actually has an issue like this lol :P.

Xyle
05-19-2010, 07:57 AM
I never had this problem either before, BUT it did start after i downloaded the latest Mcafee version to my computer. I already know its the antivirus I just installed. I just don't know how to fix it. I'm NOT uninstalling for the second time either just to be able to play a game that actually has an issue like this lol :P.

was the newest McCaffee an update? because i never even downloaded that. nor to i know anything about it. i just hate having these stupid 4 or 5 combos whenever people are boss hunting or merely logging off.. its stupid

Leonhart
05-19-2010, 08:04 AM
I used to have that issue... Back in 08 o.O.

Don't really have any issues nowadays though.

O.o
05-19-2010, 08:10 AM
i break combo in war cuz of it, and one of my guildies has to constantly leave and join because of this problem.

Darkstar135
05-19-2010, 12:53 PM
was the newest McCaffee an update? because i never even downloaded that. nor to i know anything about it. i just hate having these stupid 4 or 5 combos whenever people are boss hunting or merely logging off.. its stupid

It's some kind of update lol. I had to pay 50dollars for the Mcafee Antivirus. The ONLY way I was able to fix the lag spike issue a bit to even play in nation war again was too leave my guild for a bit. It seems too have helped me a bit. Atleast I'm able to keep a combo going now lol =/. I wish i knew what EXACTLY the problem was and how too fix it. Obviously I am not going to uninstall a 50 dollar antivirus though just to be able to play a game. :P.

Brolic
05-19-2010, 01:35 PM
yeah there was a update for mcafee a couple weeks ago that changed its skin and some new stuff..since then, i have been lagging when guildy/buddy logs out T_T

Darkstar135
05-19-2010, 03:08 PM
yeah there was a update for mcafee a couple weeks ago that changed its skin and some new stuff..since then, i have been lagging when guildy/buddy logs out T_T

Same here lol. Its pretty annoying in war when I can't even chase down a wiz because of the lag spikes lol :P.

Xyle
05-19-2010, 06:19 PM
WOW FML
someone fix this shet alreadyyyy

Brolic
05-19-2010, 06:23 PM
preach.

beowolf101
05-19-2010, 07:15 PM
ask the pope ?

O.o
05-20-2010, 08:21 AM
im sure est is working on fixing it (hopefully), cuz constantly breaking in war because of the lag from this situation is not fun.

Xyle
05-20-2010, 06:54 PM
I swearrrr this is so aNNOyyinngggggGG AAAAAAAh!
im gonna pull a peter Chao
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsicEIpFBVU

-Itachi Uchiha-
05-20-2010, 11:42 PM
AVG > McAfee

O.o
05-21-2010, 07:19 AM
its not mcafee, i dont think mcafee is related to guild members loggin in and out, if it were mcafee laggin cabal as a whole that would make more sense. and i dont have mcafee in my computer and it still lag spikes when guild members log in and out.

Darkstar135
05-21-2010, 11:16 AM
its not mcafee, i dont think mcafee is related to guild members loggin in and out, if it were mcafee laggin cabal as a whole that would make more sense. and i dont have mcafee in my computer and it still lag spikes when guild members log in and out.

I think Mcafee might have something to do with the issue if you have it as an antivirus. I never had the issue before until I installed it into my computer. That's just me though, I'm sure there is more of an explanation to all of this though. Hopefully some kind of fix is in the works lol.

ImYoonAh
05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
I use Avast and I get those lag spikes from buddy/guildy logging on. I don't think its the antivirus program that is causing the lag cause I've had it before this lag issue ever occurred.

Apparently, this is also happening to EU Cabal as well

setoman
06-25-2010, 02:33 AM
i have the same issue. i have 4GB of ram, 1GB graphics card, and 2.4GHz intel quad core cpu. i used windows 7 64-bit. this is more than enough to run cabal at maximum settings without any kind of lag, so hardware resources are not at fault here. this is not a net lag issue either. back when i used win xp 64-bit i had this issue too. extremely annoying, i hope there is a solution to this problem.

UnforgivenSins
06-25-2010, 01:53 PM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz i also have this problem.

Brolic
06-25-2010, 02:17 PM
the problem is MCAFEE! well if u have that antivirus =/

UnforgivenSins
06-25-2010, 04:29 PM
the thing is i dont even have mcafee and i still have the same problem zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

darkness0618
06-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Hmm, i bet most of the people complaining about this dont even meet the system requirements for the game.

It's just my guess.

ronnn
06-26-2010, 10:36 PM
GRR this problem jsut started today x_X and i have a gaming computer :S

LaRazz
06-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Hmm, i bet most of the people complaining about this dont even meet the system requirements for the game.

It's just my guess.

you dont need a great computer to run this game.... lol the specs on most computers can handle this game....hell if it were not for the fact that its a 3d game Netbooks would be able to run this game.... 1.33ghz processor, 2gig ram.... pos graphics card though xD

setoman
06-29-2010, 10:50 AM
the problem is MCAFEE! well if u have that antivirus =/

i don't have mcafee. my windows defender is disabled. only virus protection is spybot, which is very passive. i could get a crapload of viruses and it wouldn't tell me until i scan.

i am very inclined to blame this issue on gameguard, however i played aion and lineage 2, which also use gamguard, without any such issues. possibly is it caused by both gameguard and the game itself?

i wish this issue would reach EST, but i have had this for about a year, and nothing was done to fix this.