PDA

View Full Version : Does pc tg > pc sig for FA ? And a question.

forumtwizzler
03-26-2012, 04:57 PM
1. I noticed TG Pieces at +15 are 149 def each. I noticed SIG Pieces at +15 are 157 each.

134 str vs. 113 str. and 268 dex vs 227 dex.

Suit, boot, glove for siggy gives 24 more defense.

However there is a difference of around 11 m atk. Am I reading this right ?

2. For me I have a 10% amp glove s titanium and a 7/40 osm helmet, and I intend to keep both.

Reason for keeping glove : s.titanium gives around 135 at +15. 3% amp > (157-135 =) 22 def in my opinion.
Reason for keeping helmet : 7/40 osm helm - self explanatory.

If the above is true, if I get a siggy suit and boot I gain about 16 defense and lose about 11 m atk.
Does it make more sense for me to go tg over siggy ?

i.e. 180 hp boot and suit in tg instead of sig metal. I lose 38 def and gain 3% amp and 11 m atk.

Are my stats correct ?
Assuming the price can be a consideration too, what would you do if you were me ?

doomer123
03-26-2012, 05:15 PM
you should not play fa.

forumtwizzler
03-26-2012, 05:27 PM
oh don't worry doomer I wouldn't be as bad as you.

Exception
03-26-2012, 06:54 PM
You forgot about the HP bonus. SIG is always better than TG. Pick SIG.

/thread

forumtwizzler
03-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Something like 26 m atk vs. 150 hp and 38 def equiv ? being a ranged class I would choose the 26m atk equiv.

Also in Aura and Aos this damage is significantly amplified on crit. I realized this earlier sitting with Cathy today , different topic altogether but the atk would make a difference.

Nam Spirit
03-26-2012, 07:41 PM
In the first post u said the diff is only ~11 m.atk, and now it becomes 26?
I'd pick def, def rate and HP over some ~15 m.atk

forumtwizzler
03-26-2012, 07:45 PM
I said my s. tita glove is 10% amp, i.e. 3% more amp than siggy. 3% amp = atleast 15 m atk. 11m atk from the str and dex difference. So 15 + 11 = 26. Otherwise the defense difference is around 18 and around 120 hp at most or so, I think if you use 3 tg instead of 3 siggy. And if you think about the amplification of skill amp, your regular amp and critical damage, specially in AOS and Aura - the impact is much bigger. Also think about the application : NW , you don't go tank a mob. You keep your distance and hitting mobs constantly as much as possible.

The other way around the difference of defense is around 18 and about 100 hp or so and gain 11 m atk.
Why the tg glove instead of 10% amp is because pc pieces you can put max rate slot.

NewEra
03-26-2012, 09:20 PM
1. I noticed TG Pieces at +15 are 149 def each. I noticed SIG Pieces at +15 are 157 each.

134 str vs. 113 str. and 268 dex vs 227 dex.

Suit, boot, glove for siggy gives 24 more defense.

However there is a difference of around 11 m atk. Am I reading this right ?

2. For me I have a 10% amp glove s titanium and a 7/40 osm helmet, and I intend to keep both.

Reason for keeping glove : s.titanium gives around 135 at +15. 3% amp > (157-135 =) 22 def in my opinion.
Reason for keeping helmet : 7/40 osm helm - self explanatory.

If the above is true, if I get a siggy suit and boot I gain about 16 defense and lose about 11 m atk.
Does it make more sense for me to go tg over siggy ?

i.e. 180 hp boot and suit in tg instead of sig metal. I lose 38 def and gain 3% amp and 11 m atk.

Are my stats correct ?
Assuming the price can be a consideration too, what would you do if you were me ?

umm +15 terragrace gives 155Def at+15 with slot(149 non slotted) just pointing it out. 164 sig with slot

Exception
03-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Something like 26 m atk vs. 150 hp and 38 def equiv ? being a ranged class I would choose the 26m atk equiv.

Also in Aura and Aos this damage is significantly amplified on crit. I realized this earlier sitting with Cathy today , different topic altogether but the atk would make a difference.

If you said so, then pick your choice. Question has been answered.

/thread

F7AngeL
03-26-2012, 11:00 PM
you should not play fa. +1

Cathy
03-27-2012, 01:00 AM
If you said so, then pick your choice. Question has been answered.

/thread

This

doomer123
03-27-2012, 06:40 PM
PvE is such an amazing feat isn't it? Tell me when you're better than me.

forumtwizzler
03-28-2012, 08:59 PM
http://youtu.be/i-fBKbjhj08

PvE Cabal 3.

Giantaco
04-01-2012, 11:04 PM
dafuq did i just watch?

aka
04-01-2012, 11:45 PM
oh another essay about fa gear.
http://www.cabalc.com/en/
plug in your own numbers. significant difference? upgrade. miniscule difference? don't upgade.
how many essays are you gonna write before you realize cabal isn't an english game, it's a math game. just use the calculator.
if you like massively worded answers, ask more relevant questions like "what combos do you use to solo pluma?" or "how would you kill wi in freestyle pk?"

Slowpoke
04-02-2012, 08:41 AM
you should never go teragrace

because it's ugly as hell o_o

MamaMiaYoe
04-03-2012, 12:15 PM
lol

CRHinds
04-03-2012, 03:26 PM
lol.. keep up with all these statistics and you'll never get to play the game as good as pro fa's do.

forumtwizzler
04-05-2012, 10:53 AM
lol.. keep up with all these statistics and you'll never get to play the game as good as pro fa's do.

Here are the gears : Osm 40/7 helmet, 10 % amp s tita glove and tg suit and boot

a) 155 Def (tg) vs 164 Def (siggy), Boot and suit = 18 defense loss (thanks NewEra for pointing it out)
b) S.Titanium 10% amp glove = 29 defense loss

Total Loss of defense : 29 + 18 = 47 and 130 hp, I gain : 9 atk and 3% amp

Which to me : is about assuming the bare minimum 3% amp = 15
m atk, 9 + 15 = 24, and to me each attack easily equates to 2.5

Why ?

a) DEFENSE is directly proportional to loss of base dmg, and loss of cirtical damage. However : AMP and ATK increase is directly proprotional to each other with more damage value because they are multiplied, then subtracted by defense and additionally directly proportional to critical. The return is much bigger in damage given with increase of attack / amp than damage subtracted by defesne.

b) A attack in nw for instance, can hit a mob, means the number of players you hit is also proprotional to damage given by a single attack and so proprotional to attack and amp.

For normal = [[amp x atk] - defense] / 4 in normal dmg, where x = 4 and the value of x will vary in PvE , NW or changing PvP.
For critical = (Normal Dmg * CD / 100) + Normal Dmg

In short a single attack is amplified by amp and it's value is increased in critical damage. Allow me to present you with three scenarios, where it adds additional bonus the CALCULATOR in 1-1 relationship cannot give. There are MORE variables involved. Here are three practical scenarios.

1. Imagine you are in AOS + Aura. Just think how incredible a single attack is worth on CD ! I have to thank Cathy for making me understand the value of amp and attack.

2. Image in NW you are hitting a mob. where each of that little attack is amplified in damage on EVERY player you hit from a RANGE.

3. Imagine you are hitting a boss and the % leech of hp steal to survive, provided you have sufficient + max hp absorb.

So yes, 24 attack worth is very precious to me over siggy gears. Much more than 47 defense and 130 hp. I am very desperate on attack because my weapons are both siggy (why I am also using 3 slot bike to get 60 m atk to make up for the loss) . The other way to look at it is keep the s tita glove and get siggy boot and suit , 16 def and 60 hp vs 9 m atk ? 9 m atk is still better. 4 pieces of siggy , YEAH that would be a lot of defense loss, but that's not the case. I am replacing my boot and suit ONLY.

I am going tg boot + suit + 10% amp s titanium glove and 40/7 helmet. PLUS I get to save a lot of alz. I think what I say is logical. If I sound like a noob to you , so be it.

Sprite
04-05-2012, 11:56 AM
use a fuqing damage calculator

Muramasa
04-05-2012, 12:16 PM
lol...u take ths FAAAAAARRRRR to serious. look do what suits u best. to each his own !

take it from me, a class that has the lowest def in game( followed by you an fa) u are right about dmg>def....but hp is super important for everything. ( bm3, war, [v[ pve spikes) you can truely make ur self a glass cannon.

forumtwizzler
04-05-2012, 12:17 PM
@ Sprites, Read again. Then post.

@ Muramasa 130 hp. only.If it were something bigger, I would say there is a huge advantage. Wouldn't you agree ?

Sprite
04-05-2012, 12:20 PM
@ Sprites, Read again. Then post.

@ Muramasa 130 hp. only.If it were something bigger, I would say there is a huge advantage. Wouldn't you agree ?

do a damage calculator test, then don't post a retarded thread like this again

forumtwizzler
04-05-2012, 12:26 PM
do a damage calculator test, then don't post a retarded thread like this again

LOL. Go read the part that explains why 1-1 variable via CALCULATOR isn't sufficient. I also wrote a calculator for fb myself on a .NET application. It was used by a few fbs for a while and did thorough case studies on damage, if you ever bothered to check my signature. 7k + view , 12 likes or so by now.

Go Page 2, READ then talk. I did sufficient number crunching by now, don't you think ?

Muramasa on the other hand has a valid point.

Sprite
04-05-2012, 12:31 PM
LOL. Go read the part that explains why 1-1 variable via CALCULATOR isn't sufficient. I also wrote a calculator for fb myself on a .NET application. It was used by a few fbs for a while and did thorough case studies on damage, if you ever bothered to check my signature. 7k + view , 12 likes or so by now.

Go Page 2, READ then talk. I did sufficient number crunching by now, don't you think ?

Muramasa on the other hand has a valid point.

you did sufficient number crunching? why's this retarded thread here then?

forumtwizzler
04-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Simple, to see if there is any variable I missed out. It's also interesting to see why different people choose gears differently. It helps you learn.
One such debate was on if I was to drop the 15/24 +15 cry I had.

And since your IQ is overflowing with brilliance, instead of putting every variable

AURA + AOS 1,2,3 combo
AURA + AOS BM2
AURA + AOS BM3
AURA + 1,2,3 Combo
AURA + BM2
AURA + BM3

One for crit one for non crit. One for NW, PvE, PvP, and limitless permutation of various lance and attack I put it in a single line elaborating amp and attack is proportional to damage than defense is proporitonal to reducing damage.

so here is my question, why are you here ? If you don't like the thread don't respnond to it. Calculators are great tools to understand 1-1 Relationship, specially if you want to sub amp, m atk and critical damage. But this is not the full scenario. So go Read Page 2, either be quiet or answer logically.

One is from Muramusa where he is saying the hp multiplies in nw.

Sprite
04-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Simple, to see if there is any variable I missed out. It's also interesting to see why different people choose gears differently. It helps you learn.
One such debate was on if I was to drop the 15/24 +15 cry I had.

And since your IQ is overflowing with brilliance, instead of putting every variable

AURA + AOS 1,2,3 combo
AURA + AOS BM2
AURA + AOS BM3
AURA + 1,2,3 Combo
AURA + BM2
AURA + BM3

One for crit one for non crit. One for NW, PvE, PvP, and limitless permutation of various lance and attack I put it in a single line elaborating amp and attack is proportional to damage than defense is proporitonal to reducing damage.

so here is my question, why are you here ? If you don't like the thread don't respnond to it. Otherwise go Read Page 2, either be quiet or answer logically.

im here to flame you how stupid these threads are. there's a damage calculator to show advantages and disadvantages of every build. go use one instead of making a tl;dr thread mr. sped

http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0l4bolMhx1qibz0jo1_1280.png?AWSAccessKeyId =AKIAI6WLSGT7Y3ET7ADQ&Expires=1333745084&Signature=2gqVb%2FbAWyocEt3DjnkgG5nwU5k%3D

forumtwizzler
04-05-2012, 12:52 PM
oh the brilliant one who is taking his precious time to read the thread, have fun working with Matrimonkey at BK -_-;

for everyone else there is a good explanation how attack is important on AURA / AOS, hitting mob in nw and how higher damage can contribute to hp steal, page 2 why a 24 m atk value can hold a bigger advantage than some 40+ defense and 130 hp. and if i missed any variable, please feel free to point them out.

And if there are some knowledgable FA out there, how do you equate, attack vs amp defense vs hp ? after reading page 2, does 2.5 def = 1 m atk ? Does this argument hold ?

Sprite
04-05-2012, 12:56 PM
have fun working with Matrimonkey at BK -_-;
for everyone else there is a good explanation how attack is important on AURA / AOS, hitting mob in nw and how higher damage can contribute to hp steal, page 2 and if i missed any variable, please feel free to point them out.

>proven wrong
> resorts to "insults"

have fun not being able to argue back with logical points and stuck in a dumpster

brb

med school

hellomydear
04-05-2012, 01:00 PM
now everyone knows why your ex-wife left you....

Btw nice editing.

forumtwizzler
04-05-2012, 01:21 PM
>proven wrong
brb med school

let me guess, you are specialzing in mental health and your doctors are trying to teach you surgery with plastic tools with monkey as your test subject.

Sprite
04-05-2012, 01:41 PM
let me guess, you are specialzing in mental health and your doctors are trying to teach you surgery with plastic tools with monkey as your test subject.

>proven wrong
> resorts to "insults"

have fun not being able to argue back with logical points and stuck in a dumpster

brb

med school

sup

Sprite
04-05-2012, 02:08 PM
:O you must be retarded never seen xi so worked up

#1 troll

CRHinds
04-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Well I understand you, and I'ma let you know your gear is far better than mine, orbs +15 sig? eos8? Now what separates a good FA from a bad one is obviously how well they play their class. I believe with this gear you deserve to be the best FA in t4, what's stopping you?

forumtwizzler
04-11-2012, 01:45 PM
Well I understand you, and I'ma let you know your gear is far better than mine, orbs +15 sig? eos8? Now whatseparates a good FA from a bad one is obviously how well they play their class. I believe with this gear you deserve to be the best FA in t4, what's stopping you?

no bm3, other sig wep is +8, I am wearing a bluenstein suit +8 and s tita glove +8 oh the defense not even osm grade ... 2x ros9, not even aop5 ... need more ? and I moved on to t5, mostly farming at gate and going afk.

CRHinds
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
no bm3, other sig wep is +8, I am wearing a bluenstein suit +8 and s tita glove +8 oh the defense not even osm grade ... 2x ros9, not even aop5 ... need more ? and I moved on to t5, mostly farming at gate and going afk.

fair enough, good luck gearing your FA.

doomer123
04-12-2012, 07:52 PM
>says to look at fb tut
>everyone pretty much knows you're garb at fb
>plays fa
>asks dumb questions like this and overanalyzes sh1t
>pretty much grab at fa anyways

Oh boy, don't make me talk about you on fs.

15/24 LOL.

hellomydear
04-13-2012, 01:53 AM
>says to look at fb tut
>everyone pretty much knows you're garb at fb
>plays fa
>asks dumb questions like this and overanalyzes sh1t
>pretty much grab at fa anyways

Oh boy, don't make me talk about you on fs.

15/24 LOL.

usosmart.

aka
04-17-2012, 07:30 PM
oh another essay about fa gear.
http://www.cabalc.com/en/
plug in your own numbers. significant difference? upgrade. miniscule difference? don't upgade.
how many essays are you gonna write before you realize cabal isn't an english game, it's a math game. just use the calculator.
if you like massively worded answers, ask more relevant questions like "what combos do you use to solo pluma?" or "how would you kill wi in freestyle pk?"
pls