PDA

View Full Version : Scammed by GM?! V2

Spiira
03-26-2012, 06:13 PM
[GM] Snow posted Issue has been resolved.

But not really. Mistakes happen. But my password, PIN and Security questions' password got changed and can't access anything anymore! Still I can clearly see my account has been cleaned up and that I got nothing left (naked char).

That's what I face right now. So "Has been resolved"?? Not really.

I'd like it to be investigated plz.

Edit: THE TOPIC IS NOT TO SAY I'VE BEEN HACKED BY A GM!!!! It's just a version 2 of the first post where I was RLY pissed off and was the only way I could figure it out.
I just say it has been a GM's mistake into changing emails, and I'd like it to be dealed with. (sent as a ticket also)

forumtwizzler
03-26-2012, 06:59 PM
Each case is different so I am going to take my comment back.

Abi
03-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Wow.

Are we finally gonna get a rollback? This pw reset thing is going out of hand......... Sorry about your loss =(

Spiira
03-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Wow.

Are we finally gonna get a rollback? This pw reset thing is going out of hand......... Sorry about your loss =(

I know right!? Still no answer on my last ticket :(..

Darkstar135
03-27-2012, 02:44 PM
[GM] Snow posted Issue has been resolved.

But not really. Mistakes happen. But my password, PIN and Security questions' password got changed and can't access anything anymore! Still I can clearly see my account has been cleaned up and that I got nothing left (naked char).

That's what I face right now. So "Has been resolved"?? Not really.

I'd like it to be investigated plz.

Edit: THE TOPIC IS NOT TO SAY I'VE BEEN HACKED BY A GM!!!! It's just a version 2 of the first post where I was RLY pissed off and was the only way I could figure it out.
I just say it has been a GM's mistake into changing emails, and I'd like it to be dealed with. (sent as a ticket also)

So what your saying is one of the GM's mistook someone else as yourself and they switched the emails for that person while you had no clue it was happening? Lol. If this is the case, what happened to the two forms of I.D. policy. Fail.

sn0wXz
03-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Wow.

Rollback for what? Nothing has happened to the servers, Lol.

I know right!? Still no answer on my last ticket :(..

Its called waiting in line like a normal person, quit making new threads about your personal problems with helpdesk tickets, your not going to get any sympathy in the forums.

Abi
03-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Nah, just a few hundred of players lost, that's nothing right?

sn0wXz
03-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Nah, just a few hundred of players lost, that's nothing right?

They are not lost, the accounts even with PW change not successful ,are still present in the database. Server roll-backs only happen ingame when there is an market/game-breaking bug/glitch that is exploited in mass(too great of population to ban all players), or creates too much artificial influx of items/alz into the market.

Why would they rollback ingame servers for some random kids that can't successfully complete the pw change process? Doesn't make sense.

Abi
03-27-2012, 03:27 PM
At least rollback the pw thing....

Some people are having issues receiving the emails. Their e-mail addresses work JUST FINE, they receive emails from anyone else without problem, they're just not receiving from CABAL. so it's on their side that it's not working. And for that, they should provide picture ID? what? Nonsense. Any lawyers would cringe hearing this, trust me. There is no valid reason that an online game should require such private information about you. Unless they do this for a reason they don't tell us, which makes me cringe just to think of it.

Hell, I'm not even directly concerned by the PW reset thing, I did my account just fine, my friends did their accounts just fine, but I'm still very upset about this. Also, there was no warning prior to it, it just happened.

Also, whatever GM thought it was a great idea to tell people to try the "forgot ID/PW" option to get their PW reset since they WERE NOT RECEIVING THE FORCE RESET EMAIL, was not too bright...

Seriously? If the person isn't receiving YOUR email for the force reset, what in the bloody hell made you think they would receive the forgot ID/PW one? And now, everyone that has done this are completly locked out of their account since that little trick IMMEDIATLY changes your PW to something else, so you can't even log in to send tickets anymore.

Epic Fail, that is all.

sn0wXz
03-27-2012, 03:49 PM
Who are you complaining to? GM in public forum on a thread titled "scammed by gm"? Regardless of whatever problems you have with the e-mailing system - You would be best to submit your own helpdesk ticket about it rather then complain like its all logical sense and easy to do. As with any implementation of new requirements/features, your bound to see some unforeseen technical problems.

To even be singed up and start PW change process would require you to have already successfully received email verification from when you first made the account (successful server to email provider verification link). Maybe there is some misc problem with the e-mailing sys, but ranting in this thread about it doesn't do you any good at all.

Also, whatever GM thought it was a great idea to tell people to try the "forgot ID/PW" option to get their PW reset since they WERE NOT RECEIVING THE FORCE RESET EMAIL, was not too bright...

Actually I know how that can occur, for example if you had aol.com email, and you didn't log into it since you created the cabal character, or just havn't logged into the aol email in a while, and it goes inactive. Once you re-sign in to find the cabal verification link, it will automatically activate the account again, but in this scenario you would have already requested the link from cabal.com send verification email prompt.
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4944/mailerror.png

This is what will occur in that random scenario, but after this occurs you can't request pw/id reset because the server already added rule for that email (is not active email).

Svperior
03-27-2012, 04:03 PM
my problem is none of the above.. i simply.. never got an email for both options.. what happens next i send in a help ticket.. and still its of no help.. now it says the pass has been changed on my account.. yet.. no email in my inbox at all.. so im completely locked out.. no error.. nothing.. theres simply nothing .. any genius ideas?

Abi
03-27-2012, 04:12 PM
This is where you're making a mistake. Personally, I have had no problems with resetting my PW, thank you very much.

But unlike a lot of people, I still care about other players, and when I see how much of a mess this whole thing is, I have no choice but to show how upset it makes me.

And I am aware of that email going inactive issue. You're just being like the GMs, you didn't read what I said. "Some people are having issues receiving the emails. Their e-mail addresses work JUST FINE, they receive emails from anyone else without problem, they're just not receiving from CABAL"

And yes, I am aware that when they created the account, the email had to get through somehow back then. This only points out even more that the whole current problem is on EST's side, not the players, not the player's email.

Again, there is no reason why a player should have to provide a photo ID because of this issue. How does this even proves the ownership of the account, when it was not even required when creating the account? tell me? What if, for identity security purpose, someone put "Cabal Player" as their name (that's just an example). How does providing an ID called "Joe Jackson" will prove that Joe Jackson is the owner of the account with the registered name Cabal Player ?

Hey! I might aswell send an ID and tell them to change, I don't know, Tomaboy's email for mine! (joking joking... this was just to show how ridiculous this procedure is)

Abi
03-27-2012, 04:16 PM
my problem is none of the above.. i simply.. never got an email for both options.. what happens next i send in a help ticket.. and still its of no help.. now it says the pass has been changed on my account.. yet.. no email in my inbox at all.. so im completely locked out.. no error.. nothing.. theres simply nothing .. any genius ideas?

Yea, find another MMO. Seriously

sn0wXz
03-27-2012, 04:24 PM
And yes, I am aware that when they created the account, the email had to get through somehow back then. This only points out even more that the whole current problem is on EST's side, not the players, not the player's email.

Point being? Majority of players had no problems after they fixed the initial error, I don't see why making threads like its some giant conspiracy about them wanting your ID if they even would, most in-active players could just request that to be reset rather then sw. addresses completely.

Again, there is no reason why a player should have to provide a photo ID because of this issue. How does this even proves the ownership of the account, when it was not even required when creating the account? tell me? What if, for identity security purpose, someone put "Cabal Player" as their name (that's just an example). How does providing an ID called "Joe Jackson" will prove that Joe Jackson is the owner of the account with the registered name Cabal Player ?

A photo ID doesn't prove anything about the account, nor does the names put on the accounts. Nobody signed up with real names initially, actually its common practice to encourage people to use Fake names on all things except billing for security issues. Billing would obv have to have legit credentials but is done on a somewhat more secure connection with higher levels of encryption.

I am not even talking about the process at which they want to verify your account and who you are, thats too bad for you/whoever has to go through it? Keep it in the helpdesk if you want, or even suggestions, technical issues section. This isn't affecting majority of players, and shouldn't be v2 of another thread that was already locked once.

Why don't you do us a favor and complain to GMs via private ticket: http://www.cabal.com/Support/HelpDesk

Abi
03-27-2012, 04:48 PM
so you agree with me that requesting a photo ID to change the email address makes no sense whatsoever

sn0wXz
03-27-2012, 05:04 PM
so you agree with me that requesting a photo ID to change the email address makes no sense whatsoever

I don't think OP wanted to change his email though, it was changed on him, then got it back but his chars naked? Anyhow just submit the ticket about the Photo ID if your concerned about it, but I don't think we have the same point. Your worried about them having your ID, I'm just saying even if I gave them my ID (Which I would if I needed to), I wouldn't see how that validates this account in anyway, considering the initial sign up had no request or note of policy about requesting email change (mostly because I dont think the policy was in place at the time of transfer).

If I wanted a character back through email change, I would probably just send the IDs as would most players I assume.

Spiira
03-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Who are you complaining to? GM in public forum on a thread titled "scammed by gm"? Regardless of whatever problems you have with the e-mailing system - You would be best to submit your own helpdesk ticket about it rather then complain like its all logical sense and easy to do. As with any implementation of new requirements/features, your bound to see some unforeseen technical problems.

To even be singed up and start PW change process would require you to have already successfully received email verification from when you first made the account (successful server to email provider verification link). Maybe there is some misc problem with the e-mailing sys, but ranting in this thread about it doesn't do you any good at all.

Actually I know how that can occur, for example if you had aol.com email, and you didn't log into it since you created the cabal character, or just havn't logged into the aol email in a while, and it goes inactive. Once you re-sign in to find the cabal verification link, it will automatically activate the account again, but in this scenario you would have already requested the link from cabal.com send verification email prompt.
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/4944/mailerror.png

This is what will occur in that random scenario, but after this occurs you can't request pw/id reset because the server already added rule for that email (is not active email).

What's funny and ironic is that not only they screwed up changing the emails, BUT when I tried to log on, when they repaired it, my password was changed.
Not a big thing you'll say? Ok you're right. But then, my PIN was changed. Ehm that is weird, cauz only way to change PIN is to answer your secret question, let me tell you no one knows that answer from me cauz it's a personal life issue. So there I think it is KIND OF weird. But then, I told myself... Ehm easy, Ima answer my own question! ANSWER WAS CHANGED!!!!!!! So I think something is NOT fair here. So did GM screwed my account up on purpose? maybe? I do not know.

[GM] Lorkan
03-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Thread Closed.

Your ticket will be addressed as soon as we are able.

For those experiencing any other issues, please submit a ticket and include a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing.