PDA

View Full Version : Free to play friendly?

calintz333
04-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Curious about giving this game another shot. Played it until level 65 back in 2008. Don't really remember much about it, other than many complained it was very cash shop heavy at end game.

How would you rate Cabal as far as being a Free to play friendly game?

Would you say that Free players can get a lot done in game, or very little?

How would you rate end game activity for free to play players?

Berserk_Fury
04-30-2012, 11:08 AM
Technically you can do pretty much everything without paying, but people get ez-mode when they pay.

TheBiggestNoobOnTheServer
04-30-2012, 11:26 AM
If you like games that are completely dominated by luck in every aspect stay. Even those who use ecoins face that reality. On the other hand if youd rather have consistent rewards for ur play time, skill and or hard work look else where.

calintz333
04-30-2012, 11:29 AM
If you like games that are completely dominated by luck in every aspect stay. Even those who use ecoins face that reality. On the other hand if youd rather have consistent rewards for ur play time, skill and or hard work look else where.

Hmmm, K ill stay with my current game then.

Thanks for your honest comments.

AnotherStylin!
04-30-2012, 11:32 AM

yes it has something to do with luck but i don't think u comprehend how much people spend on ecoins per week for alz. It isn't uncommon for cd members to spend $500 usd/month to get in game alz. 3 vouchers per week and if i'm right 1 of the 100m hardness capsules per day

Cathy
04-30-2012, 11:47 AM
Technically you can do pretty much everything without paying, but people get ez-mode when they pay.

I agree with this. I do just fine in dungeons and war and I play for free. But of course it is easier to gear up when you do pay.

KillerOnDeck
04-30-2012, 11:50 AM
Only ecoins I've spent on this game were for my pet and I regret seeing as how they sell for real cheap. This game is easier when you pay but it's completely possible to do it for free. Just takes hard work and patience.

Giantaco
04-30-2012, 11:52 AM
just buy booster each month and go do dungeons and lvl np only time u would evene think about spending big money is SGH events or sig events etc

AnotherStylin!
04-30-2012, 12:08 PM
just buy booster each month and go do dungeons and lvl np only time u would evene think about spending big money is SGH events or sig events etc

i made +15 gloves and boots last sgh event without spending any usd, why can't u? and thats no offence to u, i'm speaking to everyone in general

Muramasa
04-30-2012, 12:17 PM
here is the truth. if u ever plan to compete with the top 1% and have not played from ob, its pay to win.

AnotherStylin!
04-30-2012, 12:29 PM
here is the truth. if u ever plan to compete with the top 1% and have not played from ob, its pay to win.

true 99% of the time

ROFLwiz
04-30-2012, 12:34 PM

All you need to do is level and find some friends and spam the hell outa ic1/ic2 aos1/2 FI and etc.

Muramasa
04-30-2012, 01:01 PM
that wont be enough to compete with them.

Giantaco
04-30-2012, 01:13 PM
u just need 2 get lucky on drops really i started 1st day of OB quit for awhile came back few weeks ago still pretty dam strong

calintz333
04-30-2012, 03:43 PM
I don't care about competing with the top 1% I just want to know that If I play frequently and am a respectful, kind, and helpful individual to others, I will be able to participate in all of the games content and actually contribute to the group / guild's goals in a meaningful way as a free player. Top 1% is out of the question for me regardless, I am a full time college student and work part time.

Top 30% is more where I'd like to make it.

Giantaco
04-30-2012, 03:45 PM
of course u can u can be a total d1ck and still do everything play as u like