PDA

View Full Version : Steamer Crazy VS Panic Cave

xEtherx
05-15-2010, 03:09 AM
I have done well over 60 of each of these dungeons which both are quit easy on hard. Currently the easier DX, Steamer Crazy has excellent drop rates yet from Panic Cave usually yeilds 1 uch or 1 piece of none crafted sigmetal or TG. I have 3 concerns reguarding these DX dungeons.

1: Character bound armor. I am not sure why thay make most items character bound and a slight percentage of the armors Bind on equip. Would you as a community like to see all armor drops Bind on equip only? Yes or No?

2: With both DX dungeons being of equal level shouldn't Panic cave warrent a similar drop table to Steamer Crazy makeing the 2 dungeons more balanced? Yes or No?

3: In my opinion Steamer Crazy is way to easy for a solo dungeon. I usually finish this dungeon with 10min flat left on the clock. I think a way to make this a little more challenging would be to add more HP to the Bosses ( Example +25k HP to steam Penna and +50k HP to Steamer ) so that people cant burn thru these bosses in 1/2 - 2/3 of a BM. Good Idea? Yes Or No?

My response to all 3 questions are, Yes, Yes and yes.

I feel these suggested changes would allow people to have more fun/challenge out of these dungeons. Would Allow people to actually utilize items dropped wether used or sold that other wise be merchant food and Finally by making Panic Cave yeild similarly to Steamer Crazy it would promote more activity in that dungeon thus bringing the entry items price back up to a decent marketing Value.

Post you thoughts.

Trouvo
05-15-2010, 03:19 AM
yes yes and cant really answer that......I have been unable to successfully complete either dungeon, havent tried in a few levels but im only just now 134, and I could finish panic cave i believe if i didnt get one hitted by the wyrm while attacking the nooki, always stand in same place and only time i didnt get one hitted was when i was about lvl 115 lol....so for me right now they are a challenge

xEtherx
05-15-2010, 04:14 AM
Try Panic cave on normal. From what I have seen and heard drop rate is the same between normal and hard. Why I have no idea. Also Panic cave really does favor wiz and FA. melee classes do have it a bit rough in there. Whats the problem in steamer? run out of time? Does the end boss make it to final form. If steamer makes it to final form ya have to play it like a solo DT. When the warning first flashes dash away from the mines then come back. Also drag a few steaky's up to it so you can vamp off them. GL though.

Trouvo
05-15-2010, 04:19 AM
yeah i run out of time in steamer got to the final boss but ran out of time....last i tried that one was 125 and i just recently upgraded all my armor and weapons(all forcy) to +6 so i think i can do it now. Thanks for the tip tho ill give it a go when i get up later....going to bed as soon as i get home from work...>.<

Berserk_Fury
05-15-2010, 04:33 AM
I think panic cave should get changed because it is currently easy mode for wiz and FA, yet the sword classes get lol pwned at the slightest mistake.

Trouvo
05-15-2010, 04:39 AM
>.< yes its a pain need more room to kill.....feel like i have to try and use what spells i can as a blader to kill the nooki and what not to keep for being killed by the wyrm.....its dissappointing

carowe27
05-15-2010, 05:26 AM
yes , and yes only if PC start to drop more like SC. and no dont make it harder we finally have something easy why make it hard.

Sheep
05-15-2010, 05:29 AM
yes, yes, and no.

WIpwns
05-15-2010, 05:43 AM
no no no

renji642
05-15-2010, 05:47 AM
we finally get an easy dungeon..with decent to excellent drops....and u want to make it harder??

WIpwns
05-15-2010, 07:01 AM
we finally get an easy dungeon..with decent to excellent drops....and u want to make it harder??

+1

xEtherx
05-15-2010, 07:13 AM
I'm not saying make it dramatically harder but atm I can run steamer almost as fast as LiD at lvl 161. I have no epic gear and I am in desperate need of a better rate orb ( 40% rate atm ). I'm Just trying to make it so People have to complete the BM or maybe extend. Most times I have 15-20 sec left of my bm2 when exiting steamer. As to the comment "we finally have an easy dungeon" . Umm yeah they are all easy and soloable until ya pass FTB1F. That leaves AoSB1-2F, Illusion castle which are usually trio's and FTB2F which might as well be non exsistant sense to my knowledge has never been completed legit except with the use of santa epaulets by only a select few guilds.

I would luv to see a weakened FTB2F ( to let people learn this dungeon ) and the addition of illusion castle B2F.

Thanks for the feedback though. I feel this information is important to put out there for the GM's to view in hope to keep this game interesting, Challenging and fun.

WIpwns
05-15-2010, 07:32 AM
I'm not saying make it dramatically harder but atm I can run steamer almost as fast as LiD at lvl 161. I have no epic gear and I am in desperate need of a better rate orb ( 40% rate atm ). I'm Just trying to make it so People have to complete the BM or maybe extend. Most times I have 15-20 sec left of my bm2 when exiting steamer. As to the comment "we finally have an easy dungeon" . Umm yeah they are all easy and soloable until ya pass FTB1F. That leaves AoSB1-2F, Illusion castle which are usually trio's and FTB2F which might as well be non exsistant sense to my knowledge has never been completed legit except with the use of santa epaulets by only a select few guilds.

I would luv to see a weakened FTB2F ( to let people learn this dungeon ) and the addition of illusion castle B2F.

Thanks for the feedback though. I feel this information is important to put out there for the GM's to view in hope to keep this game interesting, Challenging and fun.
ur probably doing easy mode on steamer
try hard, it can 1 hit my 162 bl lol

xEtherx
05-15-2010, 09:06 AM
no I do both these DX dungeons on hard and I usually finish steamer with 10 min flat left on the clock and 1.5-2 bars of sp left as long as BM doesn't glitch at which point i have 7-8 min left on the clock.

(O^_^)===O (X_Xo)
05-15-2010, 10:00 AM
yes, yes, no.....making crazy steamer harder is a dumb idea/suggestion. And yes Panic Caves needs its drops to be better.

Brolic
05-15-2010, 10:31 AM
WHAT? PC drop are good, whats the hell is wrong with you. lol. ive gotten a PC Sigmetal dmg helm...ive known ppl who got a pc topaz dmg orb and redosm blade PC dmg. =/

xEtherx
05-15-2010, 11:42 AM
I think you misunderstand me. I to have had 5 PC drops from steamer. 3 were garbage but pc craft 1 was a 8rate FA sigmetal helm 2 slot character bound and a PC vamp craft TG FA gloves slotted. I just want to see them change the character bound items to Bind on equip so if I cant use the items I can at least sell them. I am not complaining about steamers drop rate at all.

My only issue with steamer is its to easy on Hard mode. The 2 bosses need some more HP to slow the runs down. atm running steamer is almost like running LiD. ( average 10 min a run )

Panic Cave on the other hand desperatly needs its drop table brought up to speed to be more inline with the drop table of steamer. Glad to hear PC weapons drop in steamer. I'd luv a new dmg orb.

Brolic
05-15-2010, 12:16 PM
the character bound when eqipped thing is random as well...nothing u can do about it, like the actual drops thmeselves. and as for the difficulty of the dungeon, be grateful that they're not very difficult like ft1+ dungeons. -.- ... no need to complain to that.

xEtherx
05-15-2010, 07:40 PM
lol. bump

xEtherx
05-16-2010, 06:37 AM
bump

Thundarr
05-16-2010, 08:04 AM
The dungeons are fine as they are. Changing them is stupid.

Chris7
05-16-2010, 09:26 AM
lol I think you mentioned ftb2f only being completed with santa's by some guilds?

last time I checked its not that hard to 6 man it without santas... santas are garbage anyway

and 7 man is just easymode.

WIpwns
05-16-2010, 10:55 AM
lol I think you mentioned ftb2f only being completed with santa's by some guilds?

last time I checked its not that hard to 6 man it without santas... santas are garbage anyway

bamboos r win

xEtherx
05-16-2010, 01:09 PM

Well it has been a while sense I have heard or seen anything on FTB2F. On mecury Ascension and Sereitei/Havoc members only posted video/screenshot of being able to do it using santa suits. As for venus I know TangdynaSty and critical were the only 2 showing They also have done it. I was under the impression they did the same using santa suits but then again that information came from those guilds on mercury which Ascension is ran by DivineHonor ( The most trustworthy person in cabal... LOL ) and Sereitei ( The origin of the alz Glitch that destroyed the economy ) . But if you do it without them thats great and even more reason for me to eventually make the move to venus.

As for panic cave that dungeon doesn't yeild decent drops for crap. It defenantly needs its drop table/rate adjusted to mirror that of Steamers drops.

IMO Steamer is just way to easy even on hard. I am not saying make it more difficult just slow the run down a bit by adding more HP to the 2 bosses.

This is why i say Steamer needs to be made a lil harder. and no comments about the 10 M.attk pot being up I accidently hit it filling my SP before going in. no pots are used when i do this dungeon. This is also not my best time but shows how this dungeon can be ran about as fast as lid.

But lets get some other peoples feed back on the 3 questions presented. Its great feedback.

Thanks

xEtherx
05-16-2010, 03:49 PM
bump for post update.

WIpwns
05-16-2010, 05:21 PM
stop bumping this useless thread, ESTs not going to change anything

xEtherx
05-16-2010, 05:41 PM
if you dont like it dont post. EST does nothing because most of you post immature comment rather then constructive feedback. You would rather flame then inform. You would rather make bragging post rather then congradulatory post. I could go on and on. but if it amuses you then by all mean keep acting like luckycharms and backupmang. sooner or later they will either do something about you or remove the thread. so please keep posting. Theres nothing on TV tonight so entertain me plz.

And your the one who said you get 1shot in steamer at lvl 162. Thats just sad. I think you'd be better off either A. working on your gear or B. uninstalling.

WIpwns
05-16-2010, 05:50 PM
and there is a reason why theres a section called Suggestion Corner (http://forum.cabal.com/forumdisplay.php?42-Suggestion-Corner)

WIpwns
05-16-2010, 05:51 PM
if you dont like it dont post. EST does nothing because most of you post immature comment rather then constructive feedback. You would rather flame then inform. You would rather make bragging post rather then congradulatory post. I could go on and on. but if it amuses you then by all mean keep acting like luckycharms and backupmang. sooner or later they will either do something about you or remove the thread. so please keep posting. Theres nothing on TV tonight so entertain me plz.

And your the one who said you get 1shot in steamer at lvl 162. Thats just sad. I think you'd be better off either A. working on your gear or B. uninstalling.
im not the one that uses amp and attack/magic atk pots to kill steamer
and my bl had over 1k def in forc

xEtherx
05-16-2010, 06:48 PM
ohhh I struck a nerve how exciting. I got a double post. lmao. Of your 1395 post how many are constructive and how many are flames ment to support your own ego. lol like I said was an accident i hit a m.attk pot while filling my SP and to prove it I'll post a pic of a 7.5-8min run of steamer on hard just for you. My personal best on Hard using NO pots had 12min 35sec remaining on clock which is 30 sec longer then a LiD run for someone 160-170. Your just mad I am asking for a nerf to create balance.

Again keep posting all your doing is bumping it for me and making it that much more popular. You might actually help get my point across.

Hell you might even make the thread Famous.

So again please continue to entertain me.

xEtherx
05-16-2010, 06:51 PM
and my bl had over 1k def in forc

This combined with my post is also excellent proof That " My " Skill > " Your " Gear.

prove me wrong. post a faster time. I will.

Thanks for the input everyone anyone else is more then welcome to respond to the 3 question I opened for discussion. I feel the feedback is very useful.

WIpwns
05-17-2010, 02:48 AM
This combined with my post is also excellent proof That " My " Skill > " Your " Gear.

prove me wrong. post a faster time. I will.

Thanks for the input everyone anyone else is more then welcome to respond to the 3 question I opened for discussion. I feel the feedback is very useful.

my bl dont waste sp on steamer
i combo and finishwith 7 mins

xEtherx
05-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Screenshot or it didn't happen.

I am working of getting a screenshot meeting or beating my best time of 12min 36sec remaining on clock. I am pretty sure I can do a 12-13 min run without SP. I'll have to try and see my time.

BTW no using SP pots at the end just to make yourself look good.

If you do manage to post the pic and dont fill your SP with pots at the end and its not Photoshopped ( I will Check ) you will only strengthen my arguement that Panic Cave need buffed and Steamer Crazy needs a run duration nerf.

Prove me wrong until then " My " Skill > " Your " Gear " .

my wiz has 776 defense without the use of forcium and with full dmg/amp gear on.

BTW why is your avatar an image crop from a po.rnographic video production?

Thank for the Bump.

WIpwns
05-17-2010, 05:45 AM

I am working of getting a screenshot meeting or beating my best time of 12min 36sec remaining on clock. I am pretty sure I can do a 12-13 min run without SP. I'll have to try and see my time.

If you do manage to post the pic and dont fill your SP with pots at the end and its not Photoshopped ( I will Check ) you will only strengthen my arguement that Panic Cave need buffed and Steamer Crazy needs a run duration nerf.

my wiz has 806 defense without the use of forcium and with full dmg/amp gear on.

Thank for the Bump.
ner.d

xEtherx
05-17-2010, 09:28 AM
ner.d

WIpwns last post on this thread..... Priceless.

Thanks for the bump.

xEtherx
05-18-2010, 01:32 AM

my wiz has 806 defense without the use of forcium and with full dmg/amp gear on.

Thank for the Bump.

Hey wheres that screenshot?? I'm still working on getting you a SS of a 7.5min run again but I keep coming up 10-15 sec short. ( I dont wanna come up 1-12 sec short n have you flame )
It will come soon enough though. I can give ya a dozen or more SS of 8-8.5 min runs though.

So come on your so pro wheres it at??

Bump

Rastan
05-18-2010, 01:45 AM
if i remember right from ogp days during the panic cave update,when they implemented the character binding items,they said that once equipped they allowed for better character binding drops.

WIpwns
05-18-2010, 04:42 AM
Hey wheres that screenshot?? I'm still working on getting you a SS of a 7.5min run again but I keep coming up 10-15 sec short. ( I dont wanna come up 1-12 sec short n have you flame )
It will come soon enough though. I can give ya a dozen or more SS of 8-8.5 min runs though.

So come on your so pro wheres it at??

Bump

i dont take screenshots

xEtherx
05-18-2010, 04:55 AM
i dont take screenshots

Is it for lack of ability or are ya to busy being a troll on the forums?

fsflashy
05-18-2010, 05:36 AM
i think steamer is fine the way it is. if you think the dungeon is too easy, try handicapping yourself like doing it naked or something idk.

xEtherx
05-18-2010, 06:26 AM
i think steamer is fine the way it is. if you think the dungeon is too easy, try handicapping yourself like doing it naked or something idk.

Steamer I dont wanna make harder just a little slower. There is a difference. ATM a lvl 110 DX can be ran as fast as a lvl 65 dungeon ( LiD ). That is not balanced.

Thanks for the input. Whats your thoughts on Panic Caves drop rates or possibly doing away with character bound drops and making them Bind on equip?

fsflashy
05-18-2010, 06:53 AM
i dont really like panic cave that much. you waste too much sp just to get 1 chest. i havent done enough panic caves to see if drop rate is good or not but i do agree on making the drops bind on equip instead of char bind right away. that way if you somehow get an epic drop it wont rot in your storage because your class cant use it.

IllusionistZ
05-18-2010, 03:48 PM
Hell noooooooooo

xEtherx
05-18-2010, 04:02 PM
Elaborate Please. There are 3 questions discussed here.

Brolic
05-18-2010, 04:22 PM
i dont really like panic cave that much. you waste too much sp just to get 1 chest. i havent done enough panic caves to see if drop rate is good or not but i do agree on making the drops bind on equip instead of char bind right away. that way if you somehow get an epic drop it wont rot in your storage because your class cant use it.

lol, if its character bound, u wont be able to put the drop in storage^^

xEtherx
05-18-2010, 04:39 PM
lol, if its character bound, u wont be able to put the drop in storage^^

That is part of the reason I want them to change character bound to Bind on equip. even if it is a usable/sellable item you still cant store it in warehouse.

WIpwns
05-18-2010, 04:43 PM
too bad est isnt changing anything

xEtherx
05-18-2010, 04:45 PM

Wheres your SS? come on. I got a SS from this morning with 12min 21sec on the clock if ya think you can beat it. just 9 sec off of my goal.
Thought you were pro.

Well I guess you are Pro... Pro Troller.

WIpwns
05-18-2010, 04:50 PM

this

DoughBoy
05-18-2010, 04:50 PM
Pro Troller.

Nah

WIpwns
05-18-2010, 04:51 PM
Wheres your SS? come on. I got a SS from this morning with 12min 21sec on the clock if ya think you can beat it. just 9 sec off of my goal.
Thought you were pro.

Well I guess you are Pro... Pro Troller.

i already beat it
told u i dont take screenshots :/

xEtherx
05-18-2010, 05:16 PM
i already beat it
told u i dont take screenshots :/

SS or it didn't happen.

BTW lose the Po.rn image crop you have as an avatar.

xoxLadyDeathxox
05-19-2010, 02:44 AM
yes that avatar is disgusting.wich is probably the reaction u wanted.
dont they have form mods?

WIpwns
05-19-2010, 04:40 AM
how is it discusting

xEtherx
05-19-2010, 04:49 AM
I dont think its disgusting but I'd go giggity if a mod finally took action and IP banned him for use of a po.rnographic image. cropped or not.

I still think hes refusing to post a SS because hes unable to even come close to a 7.5-8min run in steamer HM.

Hes just another forum troll waiting to hit pu.berty and have his balls drop.

xEtherx
05-19-2010, 09:46 PM
i already beat it told u i dont take screenshots :/

Well while servers were down I watched video's and some TV. After watching 20 or so Steamer runs from people in EU ( most with red osm DB grade weapons or higher except for most wiz used phery orb for rate and lapis for base/CD and +10 rings ) not 1 FB, Blader, WA, finished in under 13min a run. FS came closer with 12 min a run FA were 11 min a run and had the fastest boss take downs. Wiz came in first averaging 8.5-10 min a run but looked like the wiz could go faster.

What I getting at is..... your full of sh.it...

WIpwns
05-20-2010, 04:45 AM
Well while servers were down I watched video's and some TV. After watching 20 or so Steamer runs from people in EU ( most with red osm DB grade weapons or higher except for most wiz used phery orb for rate and lapis for base/CD and +10 rings ) not 1 FB, Blader, WA, finished in under 13min a run. FS came closer with 12 min a run FA were 11 min a run and had the fastest boss take downs. Wiz came in first averaging 8.5-10 min a run but looked like the wiz could go faster.

What I getting at is..... your full of sh.it...
i finish with 13 mins left.
come to my server and see

xEtherx
05-20-2010, 08:38 AM
well few issues there.

1: There is no transfer in CS.
2: I canT go in a DX with you genius.
3: Just post a screenshot.
4: If EU cant do it with Their geared bladers it highly unlikely you can.

Otherwise stop trolling and keep on topic of the thread. If you want attention so much why dont ya just post a SS.

xEtherx
05-20-2010, 05:46 PM
wow all day and no come back. you must be trying hard to get a SS of even a decent time let alone one to match a wizard.

WIpwns
05-20-2010, 09:40 PM
wow all day and no come back. you must be trying hard to get a SS of even a decent time let alone one to match a wizard.
i like trolling u xD
i dont even have a bl :p

GuardianPat
05-20-2010, 09:43 PM
WI, why so corrupted :/ ?

xEtherx
05-21-2010, 01:07 PM
I have done well over 60 of each of these dungeons which both are quit easy on hard. Currently the easier DX, Steamer Crazy has excellent drop rates yet from Panic Cave usually yeilds 1 uch or 1 piece of none crafted sigmetal or TG. I have 3 concerns reguarding these DX dungeons.

1: Character bound armor. I am not sure why thay make most items character bound and a slight percentage of the armors Bind on equip. Would you as a community like to see all armor drops Bind on equip only? Yes or No?

2: With both DX dungeons being of equal level shouldn't Panic cave warrent a similar drop table to Steamer Crazy makeing the 2 dungeons more balanced? Yes or No?

3: In my opinion Steamer Crazy is way to easy for a solo dungeon. I usually finish this dungeon with 10min flat left on the clock. I think a way to make this a little more challenging would be to add more HP to the Bosses ( Example +25k HP to steam Penna and +50k HP to Steamer ) so that people cant burn thru these bosses in 1/2 - 2/3 of a BM. Good Idea? Yes Or No?

My response to all 3 questions are, Yes, Yes and yes.

I feel these suggested changes would allow people to have more fun/challenge out of these dungeons. Would Allow people to actually utilize items dropped wether used or sold that other wise be merchant food and Finally by making Panic Cave yeild similarly to Steamer Crazy it would promote more activity in that dungeon thus bringing the entry items price back up to a decent marketing Value.

Post you thoughts.

this thread got flooded by trolls so bumping with quote to save people time. Please post your opinion on the 3 respective questions.

update: with experience my average run is now 8.5-9min a run but as low as 7.5 min a run ( 11.5-12.5 min remaining on clock ). Making this lvl 110 dungeon able to be ran as fast or 1 min slower then the lvl 65 dungeon ( LiD ).

xEtherx
05-25-2010, 09:30 PM
up

xEtherx
05-29-2010, 11:19 PM
whats everyone think sense the update?