PDA

View Full Version : BM3 synergies

Berserk_Fury
05-24-2012, 07:59 AM
So I've been using BM3 for a while, but I keep wondering about the best way to do it. It was pretty easy while I had the first fatal skill because then I could just use all chains and they were in effect most of the time in between. Now with fatal 2 and 3 it takes more time to use them which in then takes away time from synergy effects on the regular A and B skills. This brings me to my question. Should I still be using all 3 of my synergies with the fatals, or is it better to cut down to 2 chains in between the fatals?

Cathy
05-24-2012, 01:32 PM
In pve its more dps to not use all of your Fatals.

This calc tells how much you hit. Take the Average hit and divide by cast time.

http://www.cabalc.com/en/

xXCrusadeXx
05-24-2012, 01:53 PM
A,B for me have 1.3sec cast time and I can have perfect cycle with no down time when using just the first fatal. My fatals also have lower dps to boot so they wouldnt help. Mind you there are instances where the fatals are very useful.

Zmastah
05-25-2012, 09:42 PM
The way I use BM3 depends on the enemy I'm fighting. For instance a spiker or boss that I have problems staying alive with I just alternate abaa and baab with the 3 fatals in between. When I'm fighting an easy boss like any of those in FT1 and most in IC1 I use abaa then all 3 fatals then I use baab aaba abaa 1 fatal and repeat the chain of all 3 fatals again until the duration is almost up and then I just use the 3 fatals. This seems to be the most effective way to me but everyone has a different method just like other aspects of the game.

NewEra
05-26-2012, 08:17 PM
well for me, i use my 3 fatal skills, and 2 synergie if possible... they don't really help me much,,, -500 Hp for a few more dmg -10CD +15 rate doesn't help only one that helps me is chain pain...so i use that and 3 fatal skills,,, on the ic2 last boss, i kill it with 1 bm3 i'm lvl 180 its always dead at 46 seconds left, don't use inc crit or share pain...

Berserk_Fury
05-26-2012, 10:13 PM
I stopped reading at "+15 rate doesn't help"

Cathy
05-26-2012, 10:20 PM
I stopped reading at "+15 rate doesn't help"

Go through his entire post history and all he does is troll; lies to make his FB sound epic.

Valdoroth
05-27-2012, 01:16 AM
A,B for me have 1.3sec cast time and I can have perfect cycle with no down time when using just the first fatal. My fatals also have lower dps to boot so they wouldnt help. Mind you there are instances where the fatals are very useful.

well for me, i use my 3 fatal skills, and 2 synergie if possible... they don't really help me much,,, -500 Hp for a few more dmg -10CD +15 rate doesn't help only one that helps me is chain pain...so i use that and 3 fatal skills,,, on the ic2 last boss, i kill it with 1 bm3 i'm lvl 180 its always dead at 46 seconds left, don't use inc crit or share pain...

LOL at the noobs calling their skills Fatal when they're not BL. Dudes, they're freaking called BM3 skills. Not Fatal. I'm FB, it's called Split Skills. Learn how to read. Seriously, at least call them stages?

Nam Spirit
05-27-2012, 03:52 AM
Isn't it A, B skill and Fatal attack I, II, III? So I dont think it's noob to call it fatal.

Berserk_Fury
05-27-2012, 08:52 AM
LOL at the noobs calling their skills Fatal when they're not BL. Dudes, they're freaking called BM3 skills. Not Fatal. I'm FB, it's called Split Skills. Learn how to read. Seriously, at least call them stages?

Why don't you take your own advice and go read the patch notes. A and B are called normal attacks and the other 3 skills are called fatals. Otherwise going by your logic, if we were to call the 3 FATALS on FB split skills, how would you distinguish them from the normal skills, since you know, they're called split skills too.

Cathy
05-27-2012, 09:23 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by "calling their skills Fatal when they're not BL."

In the Korean patch notes, they are labeled as Fatal Skills.

In our "tip" system they are called Deathblow specialties or w/e (a translation of Fatal).

However, in our patch notes they are also called Fatal Attacks. (a more direct/accurate translation from the korean patch notes).

So I think it is completely normal to call them Skill A, Skill B, and Fatal I, II, III. Similarly to how we would generically say G.Master/Completer/Trans Skills, instead of the actual name. The name Split/Launcher/Knucklet etc, can be used as well but ofc theres nothing wrong with using the generic form that applies to everyone.

And imo, the word "Fatals" sounds a lot better than "stages."

But back on topic:

I recommend using 12 hit combos, one of each synergy, with only Fatal I, in a pve situation. Skip over Increase Critical and use Share Pain twice, and Chain Pain once, if the target has Panic Cry up on it.

Fatals are more for pk/war rather than pve; A and B skills are actually more dps, and dungeons/bossing is all about dps. And the biggest advantage they have over the fatals is that they can be done in a 12 hit loop before your synergy duration ends.

Valdoroth
05-27-2012, 02:33 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "calling their skills Fatal when they're not BL."

In the Korean patch notes, they are labeled as Fatal Skills.

In our "tip" system they are called Deathblow specialties or w/e (a translation of Fatal).

However, in our patch notes they are also called Fatal Attacks. (a more direct/accurate translation from the korean patch notes).

So I think it is completely normal to call them Skill A, Skill B, and Fatal I, II, III. Similarly to how we would generically say G.Master/Completer/Trans Skills, instead of the actual name. The name Split/Launcher/Knucklet etc, can be used as well but ofc theres nothing wrong with using the generic form that applies to everyone.

And imo, the word "Fatals" sounds a lot better than "stages."

But back on topic:

I recommend using 12 hit combos, one of each synergy, with only Fatal I, in a pve situation. Skip over Increase Critical and use Share Pain twice, and Chain Pain once, if the target has Panic Cry up on it.

Fatals are more for pk/war rather than pve; A and B skills are actually more dps, and dungeons/bossing is all about dps. And the biggest advantage they have over the fatals is that they can be done in a 12 hit loop before your synergy duration ends.
No they cannot. That's only FA and FS. FB, WA, BL, and WI runs out at about 9 hits of A+B. Don't you recall reading that FA+ FS had 13 sec duration and the rest 8 second? UNless that was altered again right before we got it, but I do know for a fact that I can only get about 9 hits b4 the synergy run out.

And I still think it sounds really funny to call them all Fatal skills. Sounds fine as just bm3 skills.

xXCrusadeXx
05-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Warrior: 15 seconds
Force Archer / Force Shielder: 13 seconds
Blader / Wizard / Force Blader: 12 seconds

from wormy's notes for EU update

Cathy
05-27-2012, 05:08 PM
No they cannot. That's only FA and FS. FB, WA, BL, and WI runs out at about 9 hits of A+B. Don't you recall reading that FA+ FS had 13 sec duration and the rest 8 second? UNless that was altered again right before we got it, but I do know for a fact that I can only get about 9 hits b4 the synergy run out.

And I still think it sounds really funny to call them all Fatal skills. Sounds fine as just bm3 skills.

The 8 second duration is old. Crusade's numbers are correct. They were designed that way (based on A/B skill cast time) so your synergies would last throughout your next 12 hit combo as well.

I notice that my synergy also sometimes runs out at the 11th hit, but sometimes it lasts the entire 12 hits (sometimes I just click faster i guess).

On FB, it will be the same if you do not debuff. The cast time of enervation and hard luck eat up your synergy time. I tried doing 8 hit combos instead to compensate for that, but 12 hit combos with synergy lasting on only 9/12 hits still turned out to be more dps over a 90 second bm.