PDA

View Full Version : Freestyle PVP

TurcoX
06-11-2012, 08:12 PM
I havent done vids in a while sooo.. hope you all enjoy!

PS: DISTRO U SUUUCK MENG <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFaJ2B4q3jA&feature=plcp

NewEra
06-11-2012, 08:47 PM
Hated it, All i could see was you guys hiding behind the small houses, and plants, i see nothing interesting about it. However i liked the music,its nice.

i rate this a 5/10

SellMyChar
06-11-2012, 08:56 PM
most boring video i have ever seen. also, who knew i could be pro if i just used shield ray for dps in pvp? mind = blown

overall wula is the only one who knows what he is doing

jimbo
06-11-2012, 09:11 PM
to much damn running and thought distro would rape wula with the gears he got couldnt ask for more if im a fs

QQsomemoreplz
06-11-2012, 09:15 PM
DistroX why the hell do u even run...just stand there and let turco atk u....u can 2-3 hit him

DistroX
06-11-2012, 09:36 PM
i got destroyed in ds QQ

ColdFire
06-11-2012, 09:38 PM
anything but impressive lol.. overall pretty boring vid

think you'd at least have good music but that was another letdown

jimbo
06-11-2012, 11:18 PM
i got destroyed in ds QQ
*pats distrox back* its ok

Sprite
06-11-2012, 11:20 PM
needs some romp and dk

Corvettezr1
06-11-2012, 11:31 PM
haha damn

plzbuffme
06-12-2012, 12:47 AM
distrox uses shield grenade!
it misses and hits a giant beetle...
turcox uses assasinate!
it's extremely effective!

Valdoroth
06-12-2012, 07:36 AM
not bad. WULA's got that rate res on you I think. Can't wait to have real high speed internet so I can fade in combo. Better believe I will be practicing that everywhere I go in-game.

Lily
06-12-2012, 08:06 AM
i think we need a ranged class like wi or fa in order to see some good frestyle video.

Berserk_Fury
06-12-2012, 08:13 AM
not bad. WULA's got that rate res on you I think. Can't wait to have real high speed internet so I can fade in combo. Better believe I will be practicing that everywhere I go in-game.

It's not just about internet speed, it's mostly about how close you live to the servers.

Sea
06-12-2012, 08:26 AM
i think we need a ranged class like wi or fa in order to see some good frestyle video.
Watch xi vs miavi in ds,thats a good freestyle vid....

Lily
06-12-2012, 08:32 AM
Watch xi vs miavi in ds,thats a good freestyle vid....
yea i watched that, to be honest, i like every clip with XI in it

TurcoX
06-12-2012, 10:02 AM
needs some romp and dk

there is a XI with a sig GS +15 80% there

could use a romp with no eppic bike ye

Corvettezr1
06-12-2012, 10:13 AM
It's not just about internet speed, it's mostly about how close you live to the servers.
lol dude xi is freaken good and he lives in canada, that aint close to the servers

Valdoroth
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
lol dude xi is freaken good and he lives in canada, that aint close to the servers Yea, it has to do with your connection speed really in terms of keys responding as close to the milisecond that you hit them. Mine sometimes lags since i maintain a ping of like 140 at the fastest, which is too slow to fade in combo because the server-my pc connection isn't fast enough to register that i hit combo key after hitting fade within the 0.2 seconds that you have for it to work. My fingers and game dsiplay that I hit the keys, but the server can't pick that up.

Lemme re-word that.

I hit a key and like 0.14-0.2 seconds later the servers sees the key used, and sends it back to my computer to display the action, which again takes another 0.14-0.2 seconds. This adds up to 0.28-0.4 seconds later. Fade is 0.2. I need a connection that does at minimum 0.10 seconds both ways. In my case (and most ppls) my ISP is my limiter. It has extra stops that cause it to slow down and there's nothing I can do about it.

Cathy
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
lol dude xi is freaken good and he lives in canada, that aint close to the servers

It also depends on your pc. If you watch XI's videos, everything is so incredibly smooth lol; the first time I saw one of his videos, it almost looked like a different game.

ColdFire
06-12-2012, 11:14 AM
needs some romp and dk

not if they're playing their own characters.

does need something though.. too newbie

SellMyChar
06-12-2012, 11:22 AM

i live 4k kilometers away and i can blink combo. internet speed plays a huge role

living in canada means nothing lol. he lives half as far away as I and yet it is just as easy for me to blink combo as it is for him.

there is a threshold you need to be able to pass when it comes to internet connection and once you have past that you can do anything as well as the next guy.

Sea
06-12-2012, 01:59 PM
Maria plz >_> u need 4 things:fast typing,good internet connection,good pc and be asian. XD now u can have the first 3 but not the last1 since ur mexicanese

jimbo
06-12-2012, 04:43 PM

...excuses

xD

there is a XI with a sig GS +15 80% there

could use a romp with no eppic bike ye
distro weapons arent good?

DistroX
06-12-2012, 06:25 PM
i cant fade on combo =[

bad net Q_Q

SemiAutoMatic
06-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Nice freestyle, more vids from other people would brighten these forums.

Jimbo look at Distro's stats, I would not say that his weapons are bad, 2.4k grenade.

DistroX
06-12-2012, 07:07 PM
my stats is fake ^_^

SemiAutoMatic
06-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Damn, then fs still hits hard.

EDIT: No. DistroX!!!!!! Those stats are real.

ChinaEyez
06-12-2012, 07:46 PM
i definitely agree with u on that. xi videos or miyavi's are my top picks, they play awesomeold school freestyle.

TurcoX
06-12-2012, 09:09 PM
i definitely agree with u on that. xi videos or miyavi's are my top picks, they play awesomeold school freestyle.

that aint legit freestyle.. the vids u seeing are PK free.. pvp free is hard cuz u cant retarget with keyboard.. thats the beauty of pvp freestyle

Romp
06-12-2012, 09:11 PM
XI vs. Miavii would be XI vs. XI which is inception...aka impossible.

vipseavein
06-12-2012, 09:17 PM
This video pvp, not pk =.=, pvp can't use HP, pk can ?
Someone so noob =))

Nice video turcox :D

Corvettezr1
06-12-2012, 10:49 PM
that aint legit freestyle.. the vids u seeing are PK free.. pvp free is hard cuz u cant retarget with keyboard.. thats the beauty of pvp freestyle
some people dont understand that lol

Teppi
06-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Nice vid, love it! I watched it couple times ^^!...

Sprite
06-13-2012, 07:42 AM

lol'd miavii is just that pro

jimbo
06-13-2012, 06:59 PM
This video pvp, not pk =.=, pvp can't use HP, pk can ?
Someone so noob =))

Nice video turcox :D
true

MamaMiaYoe
06-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Ummm it is a good video. This kind of match will be more better if this game allows party duels.

Hash
06-13-2012, 07:28 PM

I'ma just leave this here :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaeGcf0ZgQk&feature=related

MamaMiaYoe
06-13-2012, 07:55 PM
I miss those days, there's only few who can put on a good fight.

SellMyChar
06-13-2012, 08:18 PM
freestyle pvp generally doesn't show any skill other than who can click sooner and spam their big skills. freestyle pk on the other hand shows the ability to use the right skills at the right times all while being able to keep target on the opponent while making it harder for your opponent to target you.

your video, turco, compared to xi vs miavii is a perfect example of that. all i saw was u running around obstacles waiting to for your opponent to slow down so u could target and then fk, sod, fk , sod, fk, sod, until finally it was just a standing pvp. you are just too arrogant for your own good.

and btw ill freestyle pk for fun if anyone wants to, its fun

MamaMiaYoe
06-13-2012, 09:31 PM
both types of freestyle match requires strategy, theres just more freedom in pk than countdown duel. :D

when they allowed fade on cursor, i didnt think of freestyle as pro stuff anymore. back in the day, like that video of me and xi, we were among the few ones who could use fade to move in pk like a bawss... now almost everyone can.

Sprite
06-13-2012, 11:51 PM
both types of freestyle match requires strategy, theres just more freedom in pk than countdown duel. :D

when they allowed fade on cursor, i didnt think of freestyle as pro stuff anymore. back in the day, like that video of me and xi, we were among the few ones who could use fade to move in pk like a bawss... now almost everyone can.

yeah and my wiz was 100x better cause when people ran away they just used dash haha, so easy to catch up to them... also even if they could fade in the same direction, it would always be a bit crooked unlike now -- everyone can fade dash same direction in a straight line maximizing the distance

Lokijones1
06-13-2012, 11:58 PM
so damn , theres no skill at show in this video ill make one for freestyle pvp or pk n post it . if u thats how u guys fight in mercury then u guys hardcore goddamn that was awful i dont know why i even watched it until 30 seconds of the time! O_O

Sprite
06-14-2012, 12:11 AM
reminiscing back on the past, i feel as though freestyle pvp has really gone downhill tbh. freestyle pvp nowadays, like that person on page 4 said, are really just gear fights in the end. if you're smart enough and know you can win against the other person in a standing pvp, it's easy to freestyle them cause you can just play super aggressive. however, this only shows how good your gear is. back in the day i used a noob lvl 139 wiz with stit/ osm gear and freestyle pvped the best - in this case was spur (who was way higher lvled and geared and extremely skilled at the time) a crap load. sure i might i have lost the majority of them, but that's the key word - "majority." this means that i won at least some and eventually got better in handling freestyle pvps against people way better geared than me. even if i still lose half of the pvps, it'll mean i won half of them against overgeared/lvled people.

at my current point in time of typing out this post, i'm going to admit that i've gotten extremely worse over the past year due to inactivity and playing with different classes. but, mostly due to playing different classes. when i started playing warrior, i first played it how i would play a wiz. i would get free hits in freestyle pvps, and force the other person to make mistakes - the usual wiz stuff. from doing this, i could beat anyone on merc with some effort. however as time went on, i started feeling over confident/ c0cky about the power of a wa. using my new mindset of not having to have much strategy and just facerolling my opponent, i became lazy. this is where my decline began. it wasn't "outsmart the opponent, get free hits, force them to make mistakes" anymore, it was "wait for them to start combo, then start my combo and just face combo them."

so then earlier today, i tried playing a wiz again. needless to say, i'm not even 1/3 of how good i was back then. but it's not only that, people are picking up on the aggressive play style that they can simply combo the other person down if they outgear the other person. sure freestyle pvp can be good since there's no z retarget, but nowadays it seems as if there's no deeper strategies involved.

tl;dr, i'm pretty bad at this game now due to actually using "good" gear. hope you enjoyed a part of my cabal life story

inb4nolife

EDIT: if u guys want my honest opinion, romp has gotten extremely good the past few months/ last year. i was actually disappointed how badly romp fought against dromar... but overall if romp practices a lot more he will probably be as good/ better than i was seeing as he would also have the stats i never had. the only problem is romp right now has no clue how to fight against better gear, which is a problem. even if u have the best gear for wiz, a lower geared wa or something will still win sometimes in terms of standing pvp. so i'm trying to teach romp that if he can pvp against better gear, he shouldn't even drop a loss against another person with the gear he has now (in other words minimal damage taken)

EDIT 2: honorable mention to distrox for also getting a lot better

jimbo
06-14-2012, 12:29 AM
why the essay reply....

Sprite
06-14-2012, 12:31 AM
why the essay reply....

cause I can actually type something people can understand? refer to my sig bic boi

jimbo
06-14-2012, 12:43 AM
reminiscing back on the past, i feel as though freestyle pvp has really gone downhill tbh. freestyle pvp nowadays, like that person on page 4 said, are really just gear fights in the end. if you're smart enough and know you can win against the other person in a standing pvp, it's easy to freestyle them cause you can just play super aggressive. however, this only shows how good your gear is. back in the day i used a noob lvl 139 wiz with stit/ osm gear and freestyle pvped the best - in this case was spur (who was way higher lvled and geared and extremely skilled at the time) a crap load. sure i might i have lost the majority of them, but that's the key word - "majority." this means that i won at least some and eventually got better in handling freestyle pvps against people way better geared than me. even if i still lose half of the pvps, it'll mean i won half of them against overgeared/lvled people.

at my current point in time of typing out this post, i'm going to admit that i've gotten extremely worse over the past year due to inactivity and playing with different classes. but, mostly due to playing different classes. when i started playing warrior, i first played it how i would play a wiz. i would get free hits in freestyle pvps, and force the other person to make mistakes - the usual wiz stuff. from doing this, i could beat anyone on merc with some effort. however as time went on, i started feeling over confident/ c0cky about the power of a wa. using my new mindset of not having to have much strategy and just facerolling my opponent, i became lazy. this is where my decline began. it wasn't "outsmart the opponent, get free hits, force them to make mistakes" anymore, it was "wait for them to start combo, then start my combo and just face combo them." so then earlier today, i tried playing a wiz again. needless to say, i'm not even 1/3 of how good i was back then. but it's not only that, people are picking up on the aggressive play style that they can simply combo the other person down if they outgear the other person. sure freestyle pvp can be good since there's no z retarget, but nowadays it seems as if there's no deeper strategies involved.

tl;dr, i'm pretty bad at this game now due to actually using "good" gear. hope you enjoyed a part of my cabal life story

inb4nolife

EDIT: if u guys want my honest opinion, romp has gotten extremely good the past few months/ last year. i was actually disappointed how badly romp fought against dromar... but overall if romp practices a lot more he will probably be as good/ better than i was seeing as he would also have the stats i never had. the only problem is romp right now has no clue how to fight against better gear, which is a problem. even if u have the best gear for wiz, a lower geared wa or something will still win sometimes in terms of standing pvp. so i'm trying to teach romp that if he can pvp against better gear, he shouldn't even drop a loss against another person with the gear he has now (in other words minimal damage taken)

EDIT 2: honorable mention to distrox for also getting a lot better

sorry for the double post but I have gotten better by trying different classes, cause when i just had wa I just tanked didnt fade or nothing just stood their, but sense i went to squishier classes like fb and fa i learned how to get free hits as you said instead of just siting their

Exception
06-14-2012, 01:37 AM

It's not "good" gear dude. It's "super ownage over power" gear.

This is what I said about Han vs. the Korean FA in the FA section. Having super epic char is not always good.

Hash
06-14-2012, 04:46 AM
so damn , theres no skill at show in this video ill make one for freestyle pvp or pk n post it . if u thats how u guys fight in mercury then u guys hardcore goddamn that was awful i dont know why i even watched it until 30 seconds of the time! O_O

you talk big for a noob. i wanna see you come to merc and talk after half the people there are done with you

MrBlacker
06-14-2012, 06:42 AM
you talk big for a noob. i wanna see you come to merc and talk after half the people there are done with you
+1

kazamize
06-14-2012, 07:45 AM
nice bro

Romp
06-14-2012, 11:28 AM

I am the seed and XI is my water.

TurcoX
06-14-2012, 12:17 PM
freestyle pvp generally doesn't show any skill other than who can click sooner and spam their big skills. freestyle pk on the other hand shows the ability to use the right skills at the right times all while being able to keep target on the opponent while making it harder for your opponent to target you.

your video, turco, compared to xi vs miavii is a perfect example of that. all i saw was u running around obstacles waiting to for your opponent to slow down so u could target and then fk, sod, fk , sod, fk, sod, until finally it was just a standing pvp. you are just too arrogant for your own good.

and btw ill freestyle pk for fun if anyone wants to, its fun

In my opinion.. BOTH freestyle pvp and PK show the same amount of skills, the only difference between them is that freestyle pvp has a bigger risk and its 10 times harder than pk.. It is not about who can click sooner and spam big skills, but about watching the opponent make a simple mistake and break his combo so you can take the chance and strike him first.. There are no second chances on PVP freestyle which is why i like it the most, since in pk you can just run for your life due to the easiness of running with fade to cursor.. I dont expect you to understand this because only 5% of the population on cabal is able to put a good fight and understand all that..

In other words, Freestyle PK is inferior to pvp freestyle because of how easy it is to target the opponent

Indeed, Xi and miavii's video was good.. But im pretty sure most of the people that are reading and watching my video will agree that what i did there was much more strategic than what XI and miavi did on theirs. Using the map in advantage to make your opponent break is the true goal of what pvp freestyle is

I usually do not listen to the opinion of those who cannot even do half of what i do on my videos so please, you can feel important now that i answered your pathetic comment

To the rest of the people, enjoy or flame.. your call

Tenrai
06-14-2012, 12:29 PM
To become a great pvp pker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnjb8Hx76u8

Humilty comes before pride. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PycZtfns_U

Shinji
06-14-2012, 12:42 PM
To become a great pvp pker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnjb8Hx76u8

LOL totally how I learn