PDA

View Full Version : Cabal too hard on the beginners?

plzbuffme
06-17-2012, 03:47 PM
before you guys go "NO! cabal is so much easier!", i know, i know.. ive been playing since 2005. i know that the game's gotten so easy that its a joke compared to what the game first used to be...

one of my friend who i just got started on playing this game few months ago started complaining to me recently about how hard the game was. pve, no problem - it was when he hit nation war that he started talking about how ridiculously overpowered some of the players who created "twinks" were, and how he had really no chance.

thinking about it, i really cant help but seeing that he's pretty right. lots of the older players had the advantages of:
1. high honor/crit rate resist (whiich they rightfully deserve)
2. +15 sig gears, which the new players will never really have the chance to jump on until the next sig event/sgh release
3. biggest kicker, no rol+2 - no matter how much he plays, a rol+2 will never drop for him, much less rol+3 because we all got them when they were char-binding craftable items

he's a level 164 now, and he doesnt really think the game is gonna be much fun for him unless he is forced to put insurmountable time to even be considered "able", much less competitive. i cant help see his point of view because even that 5% extra rate from rol+2 vs rol+1 is big towards end-game.

in the end, for people starting off from scratch with no friends to help will continuously get rolled until he/she buys USD is how my friend felt.

does he have a valid argument?

SellMyChar
06-17-2012, 04:40 PM
it's pretty much true, but then anyone can just say, "it took me 5 years to get to where i am, time for you to start that 5 year journey"

it also depends on knowledge and skill. i spent 80m to gear a t2 wiz in 3 amp osm and can still place in the top 3 without using sp packs or trying very hard, and im not trying to brag but ya, it is possible to be good without alz. xi is another example of that.

bigrick123
06-17-2012, 04:52 PM
i do agree with that. i'm a player from open beta times but i don't end game gear. i don't have rol2 or even a +7 eppy. but i know how to bring the best out of my char and i'm used to nation war. it all comes down to how experienced a player is when it comes down to nation war. even a new player with that type of gear would not do so well in nation war cause they don't really know how to bring the best out of their char. once he gets some more experience under his belt i'm sure he will do fine in nation war.

ForumHavoc
06-17-2012, 04:58 PM
He has a valid argument however that's how many MMORPG's work, time and experience are huge parts of these types of games. As for the USD thing there are obviously going to be people that will go above and beyond to be the best or just want a short cut, either way there's nothing we can do about that. He is just going to need to put in the time to play the game and find ways to make a good profit(which often takes time and experience).

SIG Char bind gears are cheap and are just as good as event sig even if they are at +11.
Box7 are dropping in price, Box3 slot is cheap and just as good as box6.(Bracelets damage difference are very low)
2 Slot forcium weapons are like under 100mil.(Uchh are also like 1m to 1.3mil?)
Earings have dropped in value so much getting a decent one is very easy.
Eox7s are cheap these days if he's a magic class it should be very cheap for him.
Most runes are cheap cept for Amp/HP Steal, hp is down to 60mil.
Helmet and Rings are costly however you get 3 free rings. So be thankful.

That's just my 2 cents.

Giantaco
06-17-2012, 06:31 PM
in most F2P there always is a make ur junk OP sale aka for this game is sig events

Travesh
06-17-2012, 08:19 PM
Wait for Cabal 2 to come out and start. Best advice ever!!!!111

Giantaco
06-17-2012, 09:16 PM
cabal 2 seems like it'l be over hyped and then

like diablo 3

plzbuffme
06-17-2012, 10:51 PM
ive actually watched him from the back as he was playing, and he's actually quite good about positioning, right skills to play, etc.

when he read this thread, he looked at me and said "i got all that, but i need at least 1 bil to get a char-binding sig amp gear. where the hell am i suppose to get that? selling upgrade cores that i farm from dungeons? yeah, maybe after two years i'll have a full amp sig which will probably be outdated by then."

tis hard to be a noob =b

Hash
06-18-2012, 12:52 AM
ive actually watched him from the back as he was playing, and he's actually quite good about positioning, right skills to play, etc.

when he read this thread, he looked at me and said "i got all that, but i need at least 1 bil to get a char-binding sig amp gear. where the hell am i suppose to get that? selling upgrade cores that i farm from dungeons? yeah, maybe after two years i'll have a full amp sig which will probably be outdated by then."

tis hard to be a noob =b

I'm sorry, let us all swap back to nooby gear even though *some of us* spent years getting it. Cabal was so much harder when other people started to play, he has the benefits of easier dungeon running, bm3 earlier (in terms of getting it at 130 making dungeons easier at that lvl) and quests which are much better/give better rewards.

Lily
06-18-2012, 02:36 AM
go solo ft1-ic1 if u can, they drop epics as well as cores which u can sell. Buy level booster and train in PI for map drops.

Shinji
06-18-2012, 05:15 AM
buy alz

plzbuffme
06-18-2012, 05:32 AM
I'm sorry, let us all swap back to nooby gear even though *some of us* spent years getting it. Cabal was so much harder when other people started to play, he has the benefits of easier dungeon running, bm3 earlier (in terms of getting it at 130 making dungeons easier at that lvl) and quests which are much better/give better rewards.dont be sorry :)

Valdoroth
06-18-2012, 05:46 AM
I understand what you say here, and my oppinion on the people that create new characters just to farm the lower teirs is that they're being boring or afraid to just play with just one character. Get bored doing 1 thing? Find something else to strive for with the same character. I personally never get bored with my FB that I've played with for 4 years because I make or find something new to make it fun. I'm just not a fan of creating noob characters that can wear your main's gears to be OP in war and stuff. Less work involved to be proud of too. That's where char binded items are nice. Otherwise they're annoying.

I work with my guildies around this very thing you're talking about. I may be OP to them, but I know how it was being a noob (i'm still one haha) in terms of gears. I lead them step by step and give positive feedback to help them cope with this annoyance.

jimbo
06-18-2012, 06:57 AM
cabal 2 seems like it'l be over hyped and then

like diablo 3
i highly dought it cabal 2 looks how it plays d3 comercial was epic and looks totaly different then how it plays

cronic21
06-18-2012, 07:15 AM
well u have to think, no more troglo lair dung for the rings that all older players farmed and got. new ca drops blow compared to old ca where any mob could have drops.
so yes they have lvling easier, but thats it.
old noob dungs dropped pc tit for older players, new weak dungs drop bluestin?
so new gen players get no rings and lower armor and are expected to be able to feel in the same league as older players?

Berserk_Fury
06-18-2012, 07:42 AM
well u have to think, no more troglo lair dung for the rings that all older players farmed and got. new ca drops blow compared to old ca where any mob could have drops.
so new gen players get no rings and lower armor and are expected to be able to feel in the same league as older players?

For old players, nothing dropped period. Crafted items only existed from crafts unless you were in the 0.000000001% that got a forcium drop in mf/pf. Now you can get a full crafted 7 amp set for what a single amp in slot stit piece used to cost in the old days. And getting bluestin instead of tit in weak dungeons? Big whoop, tit won't do you any good past 140 anyway, and you can get it from normal lid/rs/eod anyway. Sure, you can't play for a couple of months and have the gear that old players have, but why should you? Did you earn it? No, I don't think so.

Lily
06-18-2012, 07:46 AM

new players shouldn't be in the same league as older players since they simply haven't spent enough time. For me, i want the old CA system back. I also want quests to give some decent armors (osmium stuffs) for newbies to be able to save alz up to level 100 or so. It is quite hard for new players to get decent gears + buy skill books when they first start the game. They'll either has to farm 2-3 chars to level 100 in those 2 weeks of free premiums to get decent gears.

Giantaco
06-18-2012, 11:40 AM
i highly dought it cabal 2 looks how it plays d3 comercial was epic and looks totaly different then how it plays

well wehn CBT roles around we'll see

however D3 is not an mmo

cronic21
06-18-2012, 12:29 PM
For old players, nothing dropped period. Crafted items only existed from crafts unless you were in the 0.000000001% that got a forcium drop in mf/pf. Now you can get a full crafted 7 amp set for what a single amp in slot stit piece used to cost in the old days. And getting bluestin instead of tit in weak dungeons? Big whoop, tit won't do you any good past 140 anyway, and you can get it from normal lid/rs/eod anyway. Sure, you can't play for a couple of months and have the gear that old players have, but why should you? Did you earn it? No, I don't think so.

i see ppl goin to 160 in bluestin now lol tit is no good after 140? /funny. "Sure, you can't play for a couple of months and have the gear that old players had**" fixed it, and its a false statement. im not saying they deserve pc forci etc, im saying they deserve wat we had***

new players shouldn't be in the same league as older players since they simply haven't spent enough time. For me, i want the old CA system back. I also want quests to give some decent armors (osmium stuffs) for newbies to be able to save alz up to level 100 or so. It is quite hard for new players to get decent gears + buy skill books when they first start the game. They'll either has to farm 2-3 chars to level 100 in those 2 weeks of free premiums to get decent gears.

also, we all had the T helper quests for 500k + odd circles + gear when we started and lvled up....they got rid of those (each t helper from ds was 500kx40)

Berserk_Fury
06-18-2012, 12:43 PM
i see ppl goin to 160 in bluestin now lol tit is no good after 140? /funny. "Sure, you can't play for a couple of months and have the gear that old players had**" fixed it, and its a false statement. im not saying they deserve pc forci etc, im saying they deserve wat we had***

also, we all had the T helper quests for 500k + odd circles + gear when we started and lvled up....they got rid of those (each t helper from ds was 500kx40)

I spent about 4-5 months getting to 140 when I was doing it early in the game's days. After those 4 months, I had a 27 dmg tit katana which was crafted by a guildie, a 7 amp 50 hp osm suit, stit gloves with 7 amp in slot, tit boots of will, 170 hp, 30 dmg osm helm and garbage jewelry. Are you saying that someone that spent 4 months on this game now can't get that gear?

cronic21
06-18-2012, 12:58 PM
I spent about 4-5 months getting to 140 when I was doing it early in the game's days. After those 4 months, I had a 27 dmg tit katana which was crafted by a guildie, a 7 amp 50 hp osm suit, stit gloves with 7 amp in slot, tit boots of will, 170 hp, 30 dmg osm helm and garbage jewelry. Are you saying that someone that spent 4 months on this game now can't get that gear?

actually, yes i am. how many crafters actually craft tit now? yes im sure many CAN* but they done moved up. didnt u just get done stating tit was useless and yet...u just mentioned thats mainly wat u wore? ironic much? like i said, we had tit, they get blue...theres a dif there. make a noob, lvl it to 100, buy all ur skills, how much alz u got left for gear? 5mil. can afford some epic sht wit that right? they changed quests, they got rid of some quests, they reduced drop rates, got rid of some items dropping at all for low lvls. rol2 is req lvl wat 52? but yet most dont get it if at all till 150+?

lack of new players constantly coming into a game causes the most prob tho. our generation, lots of us, farming everywhere and everything. hardly any new players joining the game now so lvl 2 crafts are rarer now than for us. wat kinda publicity is it for a game that u cant even chat till lvl 6? u and ur friends start a game together...cant even talk? nb4ugothere, ya they can pm, should they have to just bc admins cant(wont) get rid of bots? ive seen many other games succeed at in this area.
every new player shouldnt be expected to know to pm, add buddy off rip etc. their like, excluded from the community.

plzbuffme
06-18-2012, 01:57 PM
well, it looks like estsoft is doing something for rol+2 and cr+2...
it appears to be a crafting system for these rings with t-points :D

better start selling them rings before they deflate!

uJellyMeng?
06-18-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXxd6B6J4KI&feature=context-chv

Lily
06-19-2012, 01:49 AM

yes, not to mention the price of chaos lamps back the 250k. What does the new chaos lamps do?? they actually take money away from players...

Berserk_Fury
06-19-2012, 02:28 AM
yes, not to mention the price of chaos lamps back the 250k. What does the new chaos lamps do?? they actually take money away from players...

lvl 3 lamps definitely don't take my money.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5593/cabal1205272224ver28900.jpg

Lily
06-19-2012, 03:26 AM
lvl 3 lamps definitely don't take my money.

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/5593/cabal1205272224ver28900.jpg
It does :P how else did u get the purify water to open that lamp????

cronic21
06-19-2012, 09:11 AM
1 out of 1,000 lamps gets seh, after paying mil+ to open each lamp, gj proving a pt.

Tenrai
06-19-2012, 09:27 AM
You don't know hard till you played this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2ZX_ToJHFk

star21
06-19-2012, 05:34 PM
so true, this game starting to blow! I'm a long time player as well, even with 5% above average, I can say, you need to freaking invest real USD to even be lucky to +15 Sig gears or buy them. I guess after a while of playing, it gets pretty boring with the normal grind, no more excitement. My daily routine on my Lv170 is up to run dialy dungeons then off to dancing lol